** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2nd April - 8th April

Re: 2nd April - 8th April

Davis Cup - Spain vs Austria - On Clay Almagro to beat Melzer -1.5 sets handicap @ 4/7 with Paddy Power Almagro has hit adolecency in tennis terms, the man is mature now and no longer a complete bellend as he used to be in his early 20s. I would have had Almagro comprehensively the better clay courter back then, now I have him far and away the better clay courter. Spain are at home and Almagro has been drafted in for cover for cover for Nadal, it can't be any what of a suprise they picked him over Verdasco who is extremely eratic and rather somewhat unreliable. Almagro will want to grab this opportunity with both hands, its a proud moment for him and he'll want to firmly establish himself as an immediate backup for Rafa or David. Melzer, if you follow the game is a renownd choker, the guy has no balls and little heart, he can produce from time to time top 20 tennis but even that won't be enough to force Almagro to 5 sets. Should be fairly comfortable in the end I believe. ^ + Czech Republic vs Serbia - On Clay - Stepanek vs Tipsarevic - Tipsarevic to win @ 4/7 with Paddy Power Amazing odds really, Stepanek's best surface is indoor hard or may be, perhaps, you could say, arguably grass, so now lets be real.... CLAY? The man's not getting any younger, can't say this has me worried. The odds are probably dictated by the fact the Czech's are at home, home support plays a role in Davis Cup, so the bookies are playing it a little cautious here, I would agree with them if it wasn't a best of 5 set match. Stepanek is a grandad, Tipsy hasn't played much better than this and is also at the peak of his career in terms of fitness. Around 13/8 as a double with Paddy Power. Confidence 8.5/10
Yeah babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy JUST! Phew!

Re: 2nd April - 8th April

Davis Cup again.... Daniel Evans to squeeze atleast one set against Oliver Rochus... I reckon he should, probably should more so than could, okay may be could more so than should, Rochus is inconsistent ... +2.5 set handicap ... 8/13 odds with Paddy Power. 6.5/10
:D :D :D :D :D Should have won it as well.

Re: 2nd April - 8th April Interesting semi final today in Charlestone. Safarova plays with Hercog and I will follow Polona here. As I saw yesterday Safarova'a game vs. Zvonareva I should write that it was terrible match for Vera. She was late to most of the balls, her timing was bad and with poor return she gave all the opportunities to Lucie to play some great angles. I am watching now a bit of Hercog's match vs. Bartoli and I am impressed. She plays very strong to baseline and that will reduce Lucie chances for the game that she played yesterday. This will be totally different game. Unfortunately I didnt see Hercog - Petrova but huge result also say something. Overslept a bit, because odds dropped from almost 2.4 but Hercog @2.1 in William Hill

Re: 2nd April - 8th April Isner is such a monster on clay. France thought they were negating his strengths with a slower surface but he's just as dangerous. He can run around to his forehand in this surface and his kick serve is a nightmare. I think France should have went for a faster surface, Isner would be tough to break but at the same time, he'd find it harder to break Tsonga indoors I think.

Re: 2nd April - 8th April The more I see from Isner on clay, the more tempted I'm getting to backing him for the French Open. Right from that victory against Federer where he was dominant in Switzerland, he's gone from strength to strength. The scalps of Simon and Tsonga in France are impressive from the American.