** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My Pick to win the 2012 World Series

Just some thoughts on teams to look at Pirates +10000 - gave it some serious thought but figured that it was unlikely Phillies +500 - odds too short for me. With Papelbon they have made sure that there pitching is just about perfect from front to back. I am wary of the offense. They go through these streaks where they just cant get it together. I always envision the Phillies being bounced out of the playoffs with a Ryan Howard strikeout Tigers +1000 - An intriguing team. Prince Fielder will obviously add something and the division is only going backwards. The thing about this team is they should make the playoffs n/p unless they have injuries all year. Just too much hype for me to be on board with them Yankee's +650 - odds also a little too short for me but this team is stacked this year with pitching. Unlike previous years the rotation looks really good with the Pineda and Kuroda additions. Red Sox +1000 - I really dont see there problems changing from last year. They should be good, but they will have to battle the Yankee's all year. I believe the Yankees are superior and will win the division. So one wrong step in that wild card playoff game and they are done. My Pick - Reds +2500 - This is really long shot and I am well aware of it but I think this pick has something going for it. First of all you have to consider that the NL Central will be pretty bad this year. The Cubs and Pirates may improve but will still be below .500 teams. The Cardinals will be a winning team, but I t hink losing Pujols and La Russa will be a big hit to them. The Brewers are in just about the same boat as the Cards. Who knows how Braun will play. They added Latos this winter and I think that will be a huge help. They are pretty much a complete team in a not so tough division with only a few good teams in the national league.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: My Pick to win the 2012 World Series

Just some thoughts on teams to look at Pirates +10000 - gave it some serious thought but figured that it was unlikely Phillies +500 - odds too short for me. With Papelbon they have made sure that there pitching is just about perfect from front to back. I am wary of the offense. They go through these streaks where they just cant get it together. I always envision the Phillies being bounced out of the playoffs with a Ryan Howard strikeout Tigers +1000 - An intriguing team. Prince Fielder will obviously add something and the division is only going backwards. The thing about this team is they should make the playoffs n/p unless they have injuries all year. Just too much hype for me to be on board with them Yankee's +650 - odds also a little too short for me but this team is stacked this year with pitching. Unlike previous years the rotation looks really good with the Pineda and Kuroda additions. Red Sox +1000 - I really dont see there problems changing from last year. They should be good, but they will have to battle the Yankee's all year. I believe the Yankees are superior and will win the division. So one wrong step in that wild card playoff game and they are done. My Pick - Reds +2500 - This is really long shot and I am well aware of it but I think this pick has something going for it. First of all you have to consider that the NL Central will be pretty bad this year. The Cubs and Pirates may improve but will still be below .500 teams. The Cardinals will be a winning team, but I t hink losing Pujols and La Russa will be a big hit to them. The Brewers are in just about the same boat as the Cards. Who knows how Braun will play. They added Latos this winter and I think that will be a huge help. They are pretty much a complete team in a not so tough division with only a few good teams in the national league.
I will say I fInd it incredible that you have posted a preview that includes the red sox and excludes tampa bay and texas, the angels too come to that!!!

Re: My Pick to win the 2012 World Series

I will say I fInd it incredible that you have posted a preview that includes the red sox and excludes tampa bay and texas' date=' the angels too come to that!!![/quote'] It's not really a preview, I think all of those teams will be good, I just never considered them for winning the World Series and thats why they arent in my post. Too many good teams in the AL. The new wild card rule makes it a whole new game, one bad game you are out of the playoffs. I wanted to pick a team that I feel confident will win its division.

I have done the rangers,rays and giants for world series all to win a decent sum of cash Matt moore 2/1 for al rookie of the year Brandon morrow 50/1 for al cy young Madison bumgarner 25/1 for nl cy young Adam dunn 33/1 and adrian gonzalez 12/1 to lead league in home runs Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk