** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts - Week 7

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 22 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Whitlock, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Painter, K (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Anderson, G (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Wade, J (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 I'll start us off. I'm up to +29.6pts overall now after a clean sweep last week. Taking lots of value this week so a clean sweep would be beyond expectations but I'm still confident of a decent enough profit this week. 3pts A.Hamilton to beat S.Whitlock 3/1 Boylesports Not sure how Hamilton can be 3/1 to beat Whitlock with the psychological factor that is in play in this match. Whitlock just can't seem to put Hamilton away. He led him 15-9 in the Matchplay last year and lost 17-15 and then led him 5-3 in the World Championship semi final and lost 6-5. Those two matches will give Hamilton all the belief he needs that he can win this match and by throwing first if he can hold his throw and have Whitlock under pressure we've seen in recent weeks that Whitlock will crack. Although he beat Anderson last week his doubling for the first 7-8 legs was an absolute shambles but thankfully for him he came good to edge home. Andy Hamilton hasn't won in the Premier League since the opening night and for 2-3 weeks in the middle there he didn't play well at all but he did play well in defeat to Taylor last week and showed signs that a return to form may not be too far away. I've said it before that I struggle to play Whitlock at odds on because he is an awful closer out of matches and he also isn't the best of chasers. When he's ticking Hamilton scores well and if he can score strongly and nail his doubles like he has been in the last 2-3 months then I think he can cause an upset in this match. I can't have anyone 3/1 in this tournament against anyone that isn't Taylor so I'll gladly take this price here. 4pts A.Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat K.Painter 11/10 Bet365 4pts A.Lewis Over 4.5 180's 5/4 Skybet Adrian Lewis is still looking for his first win in this year's Premier League but I don't think he'll have too much longer to wait because I just don't see the edge which Painter can use to his advantage to get into this match. Painter won't outscore Lewis for long enough in this match and Lewis doesn't miss too many doubles so I don't see Painter getting let in which he has been in two of his three wins in the Premier League so far. Painter's confidence and belief is there to be respected in this tournament and I do respect it but I sensed last week Lewis was coming back into a bit of form, he was just a bit unlucky that he ran into Wade in not missing doubles mode. Lewis hit a lot of 180's in the match though and he was 5/6 on his doubles and ended with a 98.5 average which is better than anything Painter has produced in the whole tournament so far. Painter hasn't been heavily beaten in the Premier League yet but if Lewis is at his best he could be here. I like the Lewis 180's line too because in the six weeks which have gone so far in the tournament he has covered it on four occasions. The two times he didn't was in the opening week when he hit 4 180's then walked into an 8 leg blitz from Taylor where he barely got a look in and then in week four against Anderson where Lewis just didn't turn up. In losing efforts in the last two weeks Lewis has hit 7 180's on both occasions. I don't see Painter keeping up with that scoring power and with a good rhythm on his throw I think we'll see Lewis' first win of the campaign which will be by an 8-5 scoreline or easier and will have at least 5 180's in it. 5pts R.Barneveld to beat G.Anderson 13/10 Blue Square Raymond Barneveld comes into this match off the back of a good win over Kevin Painter last week. It's fair to say Barney hasn't had the results his darts have deserved in this tournament so far but he's in the logjam on six points and in with a chance of pushing on and claiming a semi final spot, especially if he can continue playing for the next 8 weeks how he has for the first 6 weeks. What impressed me last week was Barney's doubles under pressure and if he hits pressure doubles here then I would expect him to win because the chances are Anderson won't. The 8-6 scoreline that Anderson lost to Whitlock by last week heavily flattered the Scot because if Whitlock had hit his doubles the Aussie could have won the match 8-2. Barneveld is scoring well enough to keep up with Anderson should the Scot score well, something he hasn't really done in this tournament yet, and he's hitting doubles to a good percentage too. A couple of weeks ago he was 4/4 against Taylor on doubles which bodes well for us followers. We also have to factor in the 10,000 strong crowd who absolutely adore Barneveld. We've seen Gary Anderson lose focus and confidence when the crowd has been against him in the past and he will have 10,000 Irishmen cheering on the Dutchman in this match. I expect that to have a significant effect on the Scot and if Barneveld, who throws first, can get in front and get the crowd on his side he could just run away with this match. With that in mind I'll take Barney, who has been much the better player week in week out of these two, to win this one. 3pts J.Wade Most 180's vs P.Taylor 11/4 Coral A pure value pick this one but I think it's got a chance. In only two weeks out of the six so far has Phil Taylor hit more than 4 180's. That was on the opening week against Adrian Lewis where he played 8 of the best legs of darts I've ever seen and then against Barneveld where he wasn't much worse. He's had 4 180's on two occasions but last week he only hit 1 180 in a pretty routine win over Andy Hamilton. James Wade comes into this match off the back of three successive wins in the tournament and one of the platforms for those wins have been his 180 scoring which has been much better than we would normally expect from the left hander. We know all about Wade's finishing but not so much his 180 scoring. However he's beaten Taylor's 180 haul in each of the last two weeks with 5 180's against Barneveld and 4 180's last week against Adrian Lewis. With Taylor still going down for treble 19's I think if Wade can hit 4 or 5 180's in this match he will have every chance of hitting the most 180's and at 11/4 I'm happy to pay to see just how close Wade can make the 180's bet in the final match of the night.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 One more for tonight. 3pts A.Hamilton vs S.Whitlock Match with most 180's 11/4 Bet365 I think this is a little bit overpriced because Anderson hasn't really clicked in the 180's hitting yet and Lewis plays Painter who traditionally doesn't hit too many 180's. These two do though and I would expect them to set a decent target at the start of the night. Whitlock has hit 8 180s and 5 180s in the last two weeks and while Hamilton hasn't hit the number of 180's we would expect from him over the last couple of weeks there were signs last week that his scoring was coming back to how we are used to seeing it. I think Whitlock will continue to plough in the 180's but with a good record against the Australian giving Hamilton confidence I expect him to contribute with a few himself. I'd be surprised if we don't see 9 or 10 180's in this match and that will see a decent target for the other three matches to reach in Dublin.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 Some super shouts from Kev last week, top stuff mate. Took the week off due to essays but hoping to make amends for a couple of bad weeks I've had recently. Will update the P/L after tonight's session as I'm pushed for time. Andy Hamilton vs Simon Whitlock- Over 12.5 legs- 5/6 William Hill- (3/10) Hope Whitlock wins this and carries on his impressive darts as I've got the various outrights going on him but I fancy us to see at least 13 legs in this one to kick off the session. Hamilton had a couple of dodgy matches before he played Taylor last week but he did improve against the Power so he'll look to carry that sort of showing into this week where he has a far greater chance of taking some points. Whitlock is coming off back to back wins and he looks to have really found his feet in the PL now after looking a little ify in his opening few matches. He has finally found his scoring power though and that makes him a dangerous opponent to play for anyone, especially if he checks out well. Hamilton's got a good record over the Aussie so he should be confident coming into this one and providing both guys finish well, with their scoring ability, they should be able to hold throw for the majority so I'd fancy both guys to win at least 5 legs in this one. Adrian Lewis Over 3.5 180's vs Kevin Painter- 4/6 Blue Square- (4/10) Adrian Lewis Most 180's on the Night- 4/1 William Hill- (2/10) Similar thinking to Kev really and I can't add a whole lot more. I do think Lewis will win but until I actually see him get the 2 points, I won't be backing him with any handicap. One thing I do expect from him though is maximums. He's covered this line with ease for the previous few weeks and he's been hitting the treble bed for fun throughout the PL so far. He has hit 7 180s in both of his previous matches in the last couple of weeks which shows how well he's scoring right now so I'd expect him to nail at least 4 tonight minimum. I think the price on him hitting the most maximums in tonight's session is pretty high as well. Gary Anderson is still the favourite but the truth of the matter is he hasn't been scoring particularly well at all so far in the PL, and certainly isn't hitting the lipstick with any consistency. Wade and Taylor aren't massive 180 scorers even though both have been hitting a decent amount recently, whilst Hamilton as well has struggled of late with them. I think the main threat could come from Barney who I expect to win tonight, but I have a feeling Lewis will want to really put in a performance tonight given his poor start and show that he can't be ruled out of the PL just yet so I'll back him to hit a fair few maximums tonight. Raymond van Barneveld to beat Gary Anderson- 13/10 Blue Square- (3/10) Raymond van Barneveld (Most 180s) vs Gary Anderson- 15/8 Blue Square- (3/10) This is a pretty big match for both guys who currently both sit on 6 points, with the winner moving well into the top 4. Barney has managed to pick up some wins now after a really unlucky start it must be said. He could so easily be second in the table but some of his opponents have played really well in the weeks Barney has faced them. Anderson could have easily been hammered by Whitlock last week but for the Aussie missing some doubles, so the 8-6 scoreline was more comfortable than it looks really. If anything, so far in the tournament Barney has been scoring better than Anderson, certainly more consistently at least which would worry me if I were an Anderson fan. He's put in some decent performances, but has also thrown some shockers so that makes him completely unbackable in my eyes anyway. Barney however has been throwing consistently, with his finishing pretty efficient as well. Knowing that Barney has the scoring ability to pressure Anderson and his doubles, leads me to think Barney will get his chances and given the way he has been playing, I'd fancy him to hit his doubles. With the crowd very much on the Dutchman's side as well, I'm backing him to record another 2 points tonight. I also think his price to hit the most 180s is a tad high as well. Barney as we've seen is playing far better than he has in recent tournaments, and with that he is scoring really well also. Anderson on the other hand has really struggled in the scoring department, and has only managed 16 in the tournament so far, compared to Barney who has hit 24. The price is really down to Anderson's scoring reputation alone, but his scoring hasn't been devastating at all so far and given how I expect the crowd to really put Anderson under pressure tonight, it'll be interesting to see how he copes so the 15/8 price looks well worth a punt to me. James Wade (+3.5 legs) to beat Phil Taylor- Evens Coral- (4/10) Been quietly impressed by Wade in recent weeks after a dodgy start and feel he's more than capable for holding his own against Taylor here. He's won his last 3 so should be full of confidence and if anything won't have as much pressure on his shoulders given his recent results. The 6 points he has picked up over the past few weeks should allow him to relax and that could see him really push Taylor. What's been impressing me about Wade has been his scoring in recent weeks which has been pretty heavy, something you don't really associate with Wade so that shows what good form he's in. Wade has thrown some good darts against Taylor in the past and just before the PL, he led the Power 4-2 before Taylor rallied to win 6-4. Taylor nailed 2 9 darters that weekend so he was clearly playing well, yet Wade held his own. He'll need 5 legs to cover this handicap and with the way he's been playing and the quality he possesses, he's more than capable of covering it and that's what I'll back him to do.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 Been running bad last few weeks, so have been keeping the bookies happy:( Still need to keep the chin up [h=1]Hamilton, A v Whitlock, S: Highest Checkout Under 120.5 2.1 @ skybet 6pts[/h]Apart from last week neither player has hit this all season. So these odds look like value. [h=1]Lewis, A v Painter, K: Highest Checkout Over 120.5 1.83 at spreadex 6pts[/h]Both these players knows how to finish. Painter has achieved this 50% of his matches this season and Lewis, even without a win also done it 50% of the time this season and a PL record of 37%. So looks like value to me. [h=1]Van Barneveld To Score Highest Checkout v Anderson 2 at Corals 7pts[/h]Anderson isn't a great finisher and bar Hamilton (with a small sample size) is by far the worst player beating 120.5 with 24% compared to Barney the next worst at 29%. PL history Barney has an average finish in a match of 103 v Anderson 90. This is more than enough evidence to suggest this is a good price. [h=1]Taylor, P v Wade, J: Highest Checkout Over 102.5 1.83 at spreadex 9pts[/h]Historically, these both achieve this around 38% of the time in their matches, suggesting odds should be in the range of 1.6. Neither has got this as much as usual this season both achieving it only twice suggesting the price is only slightly high. But Wade has had 100+ finishes in 5 of his 6 matches and Taylor 4. Looking forward to this match and also had a nibble at Wade having the highest checkout.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 +9.15pts for me on the night and a little unlucky I didn't make a bit more too particularly with the Lewis 180's which seemed cursed from early on with some of the strange deflections his 3rd darts were getting. Nonetheless it puts me up to +38.75pts at the half way stage of the competition and Barney's win tonight was good for a couple of outrights so there is bags of potential there too. Some great shouts in this thread. Well done gloryhunters on the Barney and Taylor check outs. Always nice when the last checkout covers a total :clap. Great shouts from Fishy on the first 3 matches as well :clap. Well done guys :ok

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 Looks like a pretty good night in the forum overall. Great shout on the 180s for Wade Kev, great value in that one, just wish he would have hit his doubles a bit more. +8.69 for me tonight which cuts some of the deficit so far, leaving me on -5.69pts at the half way mark after a few rotten weeks. Kev taking the tournament by storm though which bodes well for the many followers he has, top stuff bud :clap Slight consolation for me so far are the outrights however, with Whitlock and Barney going pretty well, and a possible top 4 including Lewis as well which would be perfect. Great standard of darts as well though which is the main thing, thoroughly looking forward to seeing what the next 7 weeks bring.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 7 Didn't want to mention this on a new week 8 thread , but i'm going to Cardiff tomorrow night - have a spare ticket at cost price if anyone on here lives close etc - Its Block 4 row M at the front left - pm me :) ..... Sorry to hear news Gary Anderson's father passed away :( Lewis plays 2 instead.. [TABLE=class: matchesTable, width: 620]

[TR=class: matchesTableRow, bgcolor: #D7D7D7] [TD=class: colTeam]Adrian Lewis (4/6)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (5)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Andy Hamilton (13/5)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: matchesTable, width: 620] [TR=class: matchesTableRow, bgcolor: #D7D7D7] [TD=class: colTeam]James Wade (7/5)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (9/2)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Simon Whitlock(13/10)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: matchesTable, width: 620] [TR=class: matchesTableRow, bgcolor: #D7D7D7] [TD=class: colTeam]Kevin Painter (11)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (10)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Phil Taylor (2/11)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: matchesTable, width: 620] [TR=class: matchesTableRow, bgcolor: #D7D7D7] [TD=class: colTeam]Raymond van Barneveld(11/8)[/TD] [TD=class: colDraw]v (9/2)[/TD] [TD=class: colTeam]Adrian Lewis (13/10)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]