** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Coppa Italia - 20-21 March

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Tuesday 20 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Juventus v AC Milan (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Wednesday 21 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Napoli v Siena (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Coppa Italia - 20-21 March Juventus v AC Milan Coppa Italia Semi Final Second Leg Wednesday 20th March 19.45 Juventus lead 2-1 from the first leg I think there is value in backing early Milan corners in this game at current quoted odds. Milan lost the first leg at the San Siro 2-1, and because of the away goals rule, they need to score 2 goals tonight. So I think they will probably do more of the early attacking, meaning they will be more likely to get early corners. I think they should be favourites to get the first few corners, but bookmakers have made Juventus the favourites. For example, Paddy Power are quoting: Race to 3 Corners: Juventus 1.62 Milan 2.2 Neither 23 I think the odds on Juventus and Milan should be the other way round, so backing Milan is good value. Race to 3 Corners Milan 2.2 Paddy Power

Re: Coppa Italia - 20-21 March I think it's dangerous to make Juventus favourites in this match. They are at home, but they lead 2-1 and therefore don't have to win tonight. It's a straight line-up job though because I suspect changes will be made. Milan are actually rumoured to be going full-strength which essentially means Ibra and Silva would play. Juventus have gone 3-5-2 in big matches already this season so they may well do so again. As I said, line-ups are definitive, but Milan could be a play.

Re: Coppa Italia - 20-21 March

Juventus v AC Milan Coppa Italia Semi Final Second Leg Wednesday 20th March 19.45 Juventus lead 2-1 from the first leg I think there is value in backing early Milan corners in this game at current quoted odds. Milan lost the first leg at the San Siro 2-1, and because of the away goals rule, they need to score 2 goals tonight. So I think they will probably do more of the early attacking, meaning they will be more likely to get early corners. I think they should be favourites to get the first few corners, but bookmakers have made Juventus the favourites. For example, Paddy Power are quoting: Race to 3 Corners: Juventus 1.62 Milan 2.2 Neither 23 I think the odds on Juventus and Milan should be the other way round, so backing Milan is good value. Race to 3 Corners Milan 2.2 Paddy Power
Bet lost At around 70 minutes, Juventus got their 3rd corner. At the time, the score was 1-1 and the corner count was 3-1. I saw most of the game. It started as I guessed it would, with Milan doing the pressing. They probably did a bit more attacking in the first half, but Juventus took the lead. Juventus then had more of the play, only for Milan to equalise with a brilliant attacking move early in the second half. Milan then took the lead to make it 2-1 on the night and 3-3 on aggregate and level on away goals. Juventus scored again in extra time to win the tie (I didn't see the extra time). Overall, I thought this was a high quality game (helped by an excellent referee who let the game flow nicely). I thought Juventus were the better side in 90 minutes, their passing and all-round teamwork was superior to Milan's, but Milan won in 90 minutes through a few moments of individual attacking brilliance. Apart from the goals (obviously!) Juventus in general defended very well, and I think this helped minimise the number of corners that Milan won. A lesson I suppose that it is dangerous to back a team on corners if they are playing a team with a top defence like Juventus. The principle of the bet was sound (teams chasing usually win more corners), but perhaps I failed to take enough notice of the quality of the Juventus defence.

Re: Coppa Italia - 20-21 March FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI - Davanti ai sessantamila gli spettatori presenti al San Paolo, sciolti i dubbi dell'ultimo momento per Mazzarri, che può schierare titolari Lavezzi, Maggio e Cavani. Queste le formazioni ufficiali: NAPOLI (3-4-2-1): De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Zuniga; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani. A disposizione: Rosati, Fernandez, Britos, Dossena, Dzemaili, Pandev, Vargas. All. Mazzarri SIENA (4-4-2): Brkic; Pesoli, Terzi, Contini, Belmonte; Vergassola, Parravicini, Rossi, Mannini; Brienza, Larrondo. A disposizione: Farelli, Vitiello, Codrea, Gazzi, Sestu, Bogdani, Gonzalez. All.Sannino From this lineups, home win with hcp looks more than likely