** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pocket Cards

NorthernRed2

Re: Pocket Cards Suited connectors are always good, I love J10s also northen - it has so many preflop possibilities and you just know if you get in cheap you are going to bust someones slowplayed AA :lol But my personal favourite in cash games has to be small pocket pairs (1010 and less) to a cheap flop. If you flop a set your hand is totally disguised and usually on the net you are seriously payed off by someone with top pair - a LOT of my cash table all in wins are from these starting hands. Jez

• 2 months later...

Re: Pocket Cards Nine's for me.. always play'em strong and seldom lose it's seems. I often wonder that if you get your favorite cards you play them stronger than they are actually rated and this is given off in your body language when playing live and by your betting strategy when online and you bluff / outbet more people that way. Mike

Re: Pocket Cards I don't mind AA. Game #534697983: Texas Hold'em No Limit (US$1/US$2) - 2005/04/08 - 14:23:39 (GMT) Table "Tewksbury" Seat 1 is the button. Seat 1: dr-death (US$311.25 in chips) Seat 2: Ruskas (US$116.52 in chips) Seat 3: Skraldeba (US$69 in chips) Seat 4: callme2 (US$182.99 in chips) Seat 5: Fet_an (US$91.93 in chips) Seat 6: dave10 (US$205.50 in chips) Ruskas: posts small blind US$1 Skraldeba: posts big blind US$2 dave10: posts small blind US$1 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to dave10 [Ad Ac] callme2: calls US$2 Fet_an: calls US$2 dave10: raises to US$10 dr-death: folds Ruskas: calls US$9 Skraldeba: folds Skraldeba sits out Skraldeba sits back callme2: raises to US$34 Fet_an: folds dave10: raises to US$120 Ruskas: folds callme2: calls US$86 ----- FLOP ----- [Td 6h 3c] callme2: checks dave10: bets US$85.50 and is all-in callme2: is all-in US$62.99 Returned uncalled bets US$22.51 to dave10 ----- TURN ----- [Td 6h 3c][5s] ----- RIVER ----- [Td 6h 3c 5s][Qs] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- dave10: shows [Ad Ac] (A Pair of Aces, Queen high) callme2: shows [Kd Kh] (A Pair of Kings, Queen high) dave10 collected US$376.98 from Main pot