** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Hi everybody and thanks for the welcomes, I will post up tournament specific news as Paul has said but there is lots of what I would class as news on my site but it may not be that relevant over here on PL but if there is any specifics you want to know about then just ask me either in this thread or by sending me a PM. Also if you need to know more information about a specific players or the results of a event then please again just let me know.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Well I hope that I can help where it counts. I will say that I am not a huge fan of The PTC events and I tend not to cover them, there is lots of mixed opinions among the players about these events, some see them as a joke, others think that World Snooker are using these events to bribe the top players into playing because of the minor ranking points which are up for grabs. Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan are not fans of these events and they have both suffered in the rankings for not taking part or withdrawing from them, in my own personal opinion the PTC's should be more about the amateur players and the lower rankes, but do not get me started on that as I will waffle all night. [ATTACH]2180[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2181[/ATTACH] Stephen Lee won the final PTC event tonight beating Neil Robertson 4-0, not the most impressive match I have ever seen and the highest break was 66 by Stephen in the final frame. [ATTACH]2182[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2183[/ATTACH] As you can see from this post I have attached images of the players I am talking about, all images I own the copyright to BTW so no issues there :), I think a visual of the people you are talking about helps especially when some people may only know who the top players in the game are.

post-57405-14429283827881_thumb.jpg

post-57405-14429283828053_thumb.jpg

post-57405-14429283828195_thumb.jpg

post-57405-14429283828331_thumb.jpg

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Boost for Campbell in China As you all probably know Ronnie O’Sullivan withdrew from The PTC Final event last week due to illness, this is not a great surprise considering his withdraw a few weeks ago from The Haikou World Open, the reason for his ill health has been stated as Glandular Fever. [ATTACH]2185[/ATTACH] When I first heard of this my first though was “Thats him out of every event until The World Championships” glandular fever is not something that you take a few pills for and it is gone within a week, in fact there is no cure for Glandular Fever, the most important part of getting over this is rest and by not resting you can in fact prolong the viral infection which he may have done by attempting to travel to Irland at the weekend. If Ronnie wanted to make a serious attack at The World Championships this year it would be in his best interest to withdraw from The China Open at the end of this month, if he was to travel to China and fall ill again because he has not allowed enough time for his Glandular Fever to settle down then he could miss out on The World Championships all together, by withdrawing now he would have enough time to get the much needed rest his condition needs and to also put in at least 5-6 days practice before The World Championships. If we were to see Ronnie withdraw from The China Open this would see Marcus Campbell progress to the second round and possibly face Mark Williams.

post-57405-1442928382847_thumb.jpg

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com The China Open draw is up on The World Snooker website which now includes all of the wildcard players - http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/1a/a4/0,,13165~173082,00.pdf The PDF draws that World Snooker put on their website are not the best or easily accessibly but I will post a link up to my draw sheet once I have filled out the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com talkSPORT will exclusively broadcast the draw for the Betfred.com World Snooker Championship live on Monday 16 April. The top snooker players in the world will find out live on air who they are due to face at the sport’s longest running and most famous tournament. The draw will take place at 1.30pm on the Hawksbee and Jacobs show, with reaction from World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn and last year’s finalist Judd Trump. The World Championship dates back to 1927 and this year’s event runs from 21 April to 7 May at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield, which has been the tournament venue since 1977. Millions of fans in over 100 countries around the world will watch the greatest snooker players battle for £1.1million prize money. The field for this year’s tournament consists of the top 16 players in the world plus 16 qualifiers. Defending champion John Higgins will face contenders including Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Mark Selby, Neil Robertson and Ding Junhui. Moz Dee, Programme Director, talkSPORT said: “The World Snooker Championship is an iconic, long running sporting event and it’s fantastic that talkSPORT are able to be a part of this year’s tournament. It’s great news for our listeners that Barry Hearn has agreed to broadcast the draw live and testament to the station’s dedication to 24 hour sport content.” Barry Hearn, World Snooker Chairman, said: “The draw is the most exciting moment in the build-up to the Betfred.com World Championship as the top 16 find out which of the 16 qualifiers they will face in the first round at the Crucible. We’re delighted that talkSPORT are broadcasting the draw live for the first time and no doubt every fan who loves snooker will be tuning in to hear it unfold.”

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com 3 weeks until the start of The BETFRED.com World Snooker Championships and we still have the qualifying rounds to come from The EIS in Sheffield which I believe will be held in the Badminton hall again this year. Here is the first round matches (Pre-Qualifying) I will update the video once I know all the runners.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com It appears that Shaun Murphy has lost his Snooker Cue! Well it was not him but the airline which he flew out to China with which I have been told was Singapore Airways. This is not good for Shaun as he has used this cue from the age of about 12 years old, his father actually purchased the cue for him from his local cue stockists in Liverpool. Unlike most other sports a Snooker player usually has his Snooker cue for life, there are some exceptions like Ronnie O'Sullivan who seems to get a new cue from John Parris every few month. Stephen Hendry's cue was broken by a bagage handler and he has not played the same since. For those of you that do not play Snooker to a decent standard you are probably thinking "Why does he not just go get another cue?" well he will but it is not a guarantee that he will play to the same standard! here comes the technical stuff, cues have different tapers and it is these tapers on the shaft of the cue which effect what is called unintentional side. Here is a video by the inventor of The Acuerate Cue which is made to severely reduce unintentional side spin, Stephen Hendry has used this cue on and off since his original cue was broken.

The thing to remember is that every cue produces different amounts of unintentional side spin and each manufacturer is not guaranteed to produce the same amount, so with only 3 week to go until the start of The BETFRED.com World Snooker Championships I do not think that Shaun will have enough time to get used to a new cue, what I would expect Shaun to do is go out and purchase a few cues by the same manufacturer of his original cue and to also commission a cue from John Parris also, John can take upto 9 months to make a Ultimate cue which the pro Snooker players use but he always has a few if different states of being made incase a player needs a cue in a emergency. Fingers crossed Shaun will get his cue back and have a great World Championships.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com

Let's hope Willie Thorne heard that in time to save him from ploughing his life savings into laying Murphy on Betfair. ;)
Ha ha a few years ago he may well of done that but he says that he does not bet anymore, he did tel me that while sat with 8 other Snooker players at Patsy Fegan's 60th birthday party while he was playing poker :) Peter Ebdon news ! The Premier League Snooker is made up from major event winners from the season and the Championship League qualifying event, below is the list of this years winners; PLS Defending Champion: Ronnie O’Sullivan Australian Goldfields Open Champion: Stuart Bingham Shanghai Masters Champion: Mark Selby UK Champion: Judd Trump Masters Champion: Neil Robertson World Open Champion: Mark Allen PTC Grand Final Champion: Stephen Lee Championship League Winner: Ding Junhui If any of the above players win The World Snooker Championships this year then Peter Ebdon will be given a place in The Premier League this year because of his win at The China Open last week. This does not bode well for the viewing public but it could mean good news for us that like to put a few bob down on a game, Peter is not exactly a fast player and he will probably falter under the shot clock. I predict that the bottom three players in The Premier League Snooker at the end of the season will be Ebdon if he gets in, Ding Junhui who always has a bad start in PLS and Stephen Lee. Here are the winners of The World Snooker Championships since Betfred have been sponsoring the event.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com He used to be fast Kev. He was different class when he was winning more Pro-Ams than what Ronnie was. Chris Henry did his head in saying he had to change his game completely to be a player that could win the world and look at him now, boring the pants off everyone. A classic example of snooker is all in the mind, 90% anyway.

If any of the above players win The World Snooker Championships this year then Peter Ebdon will be given a place in The Premier League this year because of his win at The China Open last week.
Just to clarify this mate, Ebdon is already guaranteed his place in next season's Premier League, regardless of who wins the World Championship. :ok
There is just one more spot to be filled and that will go to the winner of the World Championship which gets underway later this month. In the event that it is won by one of the players already qualified then it will become a wild-card. The line-up to date is: Defending Champion: Ronnie O’Sullivan Australian Goldfields Open Champion: Stuart Bingham Shanghai Masters Champion: Mark Selby UK Champion: Judd Trump Masters Champion: Neil Robertson World Open Champion: Mark Allen PTC Grand Final Champion: Stephen Lee Championship League Winner: Ding Junhui China Open Champion: Peter Ebdon World Champion: 7th May
http://www.premierleaguesnooker.com/news/ebbo_set_for_premier_league_following.htm I think the shot clock might do Ebdon some good actually. He's admitted that he thinks too much about his game and slows down during matches without realising just how slow he's becoming. If he's forced to put some of the fluency that he used to have back into his play, then he just might surprise everyone. Of course, it could just be a total train wreck as well, but at least that would make for compulsive viewing. :lol

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Ebbo in the Premier League :lol. I bet Uncle Barry was gutted when he won that China Open final :lol. His big seller in terms of taking it around the country and now he's got to try and market Peter Ebdon in it :loon.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com WS - yeah my mistake !! Mike Dunn just posted this on Twitter

Just had a Practice with Ding Junhui in 8 frames he's had a 147,140 and 5 centuries
Looks like Ding is on form at the moment, worth a few bucks for a first round win I would say, that does go back on what I posted a few days ago on TSF when I said that Ding would be one of my tips to be knocked out first round but if he is knocking in tons like that in practice I will have to retract that prediction.

WS - yeah my mistake !! Mike Dunn just posted this on Twitter Looks like Ding is on form at the moment, worth a few bucks for a first round win I would say, that does go back on what I posted a few days ago on TSF when I said that Ding would be one of my tips to be knocked out first round but if he is knocking in tons like that in practice I will have to retract that prediction.
:eek :eek - He's nearly playing as well as me! :loon

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com I just wanted to interject and say that I have been looking at the predictions on Punters Lounge and they are interesting, I will put my predictions up tomorrow night, there is just one match that I am very unsure of in the first round and that is Matthew Stevens v Marco Fu but I am off to Llanelli tomorrow morning to see Matthew and Ryan Day for a chat so when I get back I will do my predictions. Seen Jamie Jones practicing well at Thw South West Snooker Academy yesterday, Dominic Dale was also there although it may be a wasted effort considering the draw :( Love Dominic Dale to bits, great guy.

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Few bits of news; Welsh Snooker ace Jamie Jones Makes World Championship Debut Stephen Hendry's 147 in The BETFRED.com World Snooker Championships Higgins Scrapes through to round 2 for a possible first time Scottish derby Exclusive Ivy Zhu (诸瑛 Zhu Ying) Interview England Rugby forward Ben Morgan takes on Welsh Dragon Matthew Stevens I think Jamie Jones would be worth a few bucks, he is one of the few qualifiers that has it in their game to upset Murphy. Lice scores have gone down on World Snooker and betting sites, it should be back up after the current session.

• 5 months later...

Re: Snooker News from TheSnookerForum.com Matchroom Sport would like to announce the cancellation of the PartyPoker.com Premier League Snooker fixture which was due to take place at the Penzance Leisure Centre on Thursday 18th October. The evening was to feature two matches in the ongoing Premier League event but due to the recentsuspension of Stephen Lee by the WPBSA, his match against Mark Allen will not now take place. With just one match to be played – Neil Robertson v Stuart Bingham – it was felt that this did not represent sufficient value for money for the people of Penzance as well as the viewers watching on Sky Sports at home. This match will now be rescheduled for the Guildford Spectrum on Thursday 25th October. All ticket holders can now seek full refunds from their point of purchase. Matchroom Sport will use their best endeavours to make sure that the Premier League returns to Penzance in 2013. All Group B matches involving Stephen Lee have been declared void, effectively making it now a four player group instead of five. The revised table and remaining fixtures now look like this:

[TABLE]

[TR] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

Played

[/TD] [TD]

Won

[/TD] [TD]

Drawn

[/TD] [TD]

Lost

[/TD] [TD]

Frames Won

[/TD] [TD]

Frames Lost

[/TD] [TD]

Pts

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Mark Allen[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Judd Trump[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]John Higgins[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Peter Ebdon[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]9[/TD] [TD]0[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR]

Name
[/TABLE] Stuart Bingham v Mark Selby Judd Trump v John Higgins Stuart Bingham v Neil Robertson Thursday 8th Nov 7:30pm The Dome, Doncaster Mark Selby v Shaun Murphy Judd Trump v Mark Allen Thursday 15th Nov 7:30pm Spennymoor LC, Durham Neil Robertson v Ding Junhui John Higgins v Peter Ebdon
Thursday 25th Oct 6:00pm Guildford Spectrum