Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **

Singapore > S League > 2012

Balestier Khalsa vs Woodlands Wellington (18th March 2012) Both teams were touted to finish at the bottom half of the table, but they've been doing slightly better than expected. Balestier have yet to lose a match this season (W2 D2), while Woodlands are 8th out of 12 teams with 2 wins and 2 losses. All 4 games for Balestier were under 2 goals (0-0,1-0,1-1,1-0), while Woodlands have only scored more than 1 goal in 1 game. Also, in their previous 6 matchups in the past 2 years, there has been 2 goals or less in 4 results. What's more interesting is that the Singapore's local betting operator, SingaporePools, have set the odds for Under 2.5 @ 1.75 and Over 2.5 @ 1.95...while Bet365 have set the odds for Under 2.5 @ 2.3, while Over 2.5 @ 1.6! I feel that SingaporePools will have a better feel of Sleague, hence I'm going with: Under 2.5 @ 2.3 (Bet365) 3/10

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 Harimau Muda vs Brunei DPMM (22nd March 2012)Do take note of the mistake by odds comparison, which the home team is shown as Brunei DPMM. The match is actually played Yishun Stadium, which is actually the 'home ground' for Harimau Muda, which is a U23 Malaysian team... (I'll let Wikipedia to explain on why there's a Malaysia, Brunei & Japan team playing in a Singapore league.) Harimau Muda participated in the Olympics Qualifier in Jordan, before flying to Singapore with a 0-0 draw against Albirex. The coach has left some players in Malaysia prior to the Albirex game, and was forced to make early substitution due to Nazirul Naim's shoulder injury. As for DPMM, they had a relatively easier game in Brunei against Geylang (4-1 victory), and they are currently 2nd in the league with 3 wins and a draw. Considering that Harimau Muda have some injury worries, and it's being played in a 'neutral' home ground, I favor DPMM to be the favorites for this game. Brunei DPMM @ 2.45 (PanBet) 3/10

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012

The game will be played at the Jalen Basar stadium in Singapore...still a neutral venue but with artificial grass.I think Naim is the only injury worry for the young Malaysians!!Good luck with your bet!!
Apologies for the wrong ground information...if I have known it was Jalan Besar (which I should, since it was a Thursday match), I would have went Under 2.5 instead. Including today's match, 5 out of 6 games at Jalan Besar ended up unders. The torrential rain prior to the match wouldn't helped these 2 new teams to adept with the artificial pitch. Final Score: 1-1 :(

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 Geylang United v Balestier Khalsa FC (23rd March 2012) It's the bottom vs top of the table clash between Geylang and Balestier. Geylang has been in a rut this season, losing all 4 games, and conceding 16 goals while scoring only 3. They have sacked their manager, Mike Wong, prior to the previous game against DPMM, and have promoted their Prime League (U23) coach, V Kanan, to manage the team. As for Balestier, they are surprisingly on the top of the league with 3 win and 2 draws, mainly due to their defensive "Twin Tower", club captain Paul Cunningham and Goran Subara. However, their striker, Zulkiffli Hassim, will be suspended due to hurling racial abuse in the previous match. From Odds Comparison, Balestier is the favourites. However, I feel that the best odds of 1.35 for a Balestier win is too low... They may have improved, but certainly not a 74.1% winner. Instead, I'll go with Under 2.5. Geylang is in a rebuilding phrase with key losses to a number of players from the previous season, while Balestier have yet to score more than 2 goals in a game and will be missing one of their strikers. Prediction: Under 2.5 @ 2.37 (PanBet) 3/10 Tanjong Pagar vs SAFFC (23rd March 2012) Interestingly, the Odds Comparison have the same odds as the above match, with Tanjong Pagar as the underdogs, while SAFFC as the clear favourites. If you're wondering why a 11th vs 10th can have such differing odds, it's because SAFFC is known to be one of the top teams in Sleague since the beginning of the league. They were also deemed 2nd favourites (after Home United) to win the league this season, hence it's shocking to see the SAF Warriors starting off with 2 defeats and a draw, before they barely secured a 4-3 win against Courts Young Lions. As for Tanjong Pagar, they were touted to be one of the bottom dwellers. Last season, they've finished 11th out of 12th, with 3 wins and 5 draws out of 33 matches. This season, they've managed to get a draw in the 1st match, before losing 4 matches in a row. One's on a upward turn heading towards a title fight, while the other remained bottom. With SAFFC proving that they are capable of scoring goals, hopefully they'll learn their lessons in keeping it tight while maintaining a big lead against the Jaguars. In addition, there's an odds discrepancy between betinternet and the local betting market: betinternet: Tanjong Pagar (+1.5) @ 1.90, SAFFC (-1.5) @ 1.95 Local Betting Mkt: Tanjong Pagar (+1.5) @ 1.90, SAFFC (-1.5) @ 1.75 As usual, I'll trust the local market more in determining the favourable result. Prediction: SAFFC -1.5 @ 1.95 (betinternet) 6/10

Geylang United v Balestier Khalsa FC (23rd March 2012) Prediction: Under 2.5 @ 2.37 (PanBet) 3/10
Geylang surprisingly won 3-0 against Balestier. :(
Tanjong Pagar vs SAFFC (23rd March 2012) Prediction: SAFFC -1.5 @ 1.95 (betinternet) 6/10
SAFFC won 3-1 :) Overall profit for the day. :D

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 Gombak United vs Woodlands Wellington (24th March 2012) Out of their last 6 H2H encounters, Gombak won 5, while Woodlands won once. Woodlands won their 1st 2 games, while Gombak won only 1 in 4. However, Gombak is the favourites for this game, as they were touted to be a mid-table team, while Woodlands looks to repeat their wooden-spoonist status if they can't stop their current slide. Gombak also had the week off, so they should be the fresher team going into this match. With home ground advantage, I'll go with: Gombak win @ 1.8 (SportingBet) @ 3/10

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 Harimau Muda v Young Lions (25th March 2012) Home United v Albirex Niigata FC (25th March 2012) Tampines Rovers v Hougang United FC (25th March 2012) Ok, I'm breaking my previous post rule, as I feel these are value bets: There's thunderstorm all over the island since 4+pm (Singapore time). Singapore stadiums isn't exact world class in terms of drainage, hence the pitch will be very heavy when the matches kick off in less than 3 hours time at 7.45pm. Moreover, in these 3 matches, the favourites have played midweek matches: - Harimau Muda had Olympics qualifiers last mid-week, before flying back to Singapore for Sleague games on last Sunday and Thursday. - Home United was in Thailand on Wednesday for an AFC Cup match. - Tampines had the most 'relaxing' week among the 3, hosting an AFC Cup match on Tuesday. With midweek fixtures for the favourites & unfavorable weather, I forsee slow prodding games in all 3 games. Hence, small bets on all: Harimau Muda v Young Lions Under 2.5 @ 2.18 (Panbet) 2/10 Home United v Albirex Niigata FC Under 3 @ 1.85 (BetInternet) 2/10 Tampines Rovers v Hougang United FC Under 3 @ 1.9 (BetInternet) 2/10

Harimau Muda v Young Lions Under 2.5 @ 2.18 (Panbet) 2/10 :( Home United v Albirex Niigata FC Under 3 @ 1.85 (BetInternet) 2/10 :( Tampines Rovers v Hougang United FC Under 3 @ 1.9 (BetInternet) 2/10 :)
Harimau Muda 3-1 Young Lions Home United 4-2 Albirex Tampines 1-1 Hougang Lost 2.2 units. Surprised that Harimau Muda was able to perform pretty well this 2 weeks, considering the fixtures pileup they experienced. Looks like Malaysia's future National Team is looking bright.

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 Tanjong Pagar vs Geylang United (29th March 2012) I find it strange that the local and foreign bookmakers are opening the Over/Under 3.5 Goals market. Both teams have been in high scoring matches, but it's mainly due to their leaky defence rather than attack. Geylang scored 6 goals in 5 matches with 3 coming from the last win against Balestier, while Tanjong Pagar scored 4 in 6 matches. If we were to look at last season, Geylang has 43 goals in 33 games, while Tanjong Pagar has the worst record of 21 goals. Also, their head to head meeting last year had less than 3 goals (2-0, 1-0, 2-0, all in Geylang's favor). Then again, there must be a reason why bookmakers opened Over/Under 3.5 goals...but as all signs point to a low scoring game. Under 3.5 goals @ 1.45 (>BetVictor) 10/10 Home United vs Tampines Rovers (29th March 2012) Note: Neutral Ground (Jalan Besar) Considering that Tampines have beaten Home United 2-0 during the Charity Shield game on the same ground 2 months ago, one would expect the 1X2 odds to be closer. Instead, Home United, who tops the table scoring 17 goals in 6 matches and are undefeated in 6 matches., is a 57% favourite rated by the bookmakers. The reason is due to Tampines slow start, with 2 wins out of 5, both against teams touted to be the bottom half of the table (Woodlands & Tanjong Pagar). The match against Hougang also saw them struggling to score against 10 men until Duric getting the equaliser during injury time. However, I feel that one should not underestimate the defending champion Tampines. They did create quite a lot of chance, but was unlucky to not finish the game with a win. If they wish to retain the title, they have to take their chances against other contenders, starting from tonight. Tampines +0.5 @ 2.09 (BetInternet) 5/10

Re: Singapore S League Thread 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 29 March 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Home United v Tampines Rovers (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tanjong Pagar United v Geylang United (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 March 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gombak United v DPMM FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Woodlands Wellington v Hougang United FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.87 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Tanjong Pagar vs Geylang United (29th March 2012) Under 3.5 goals @ 1.45 (>BetVictor) 10/10 :) Home United vs Tampines Rovers (29th March 2012) Tampines +0.5 @ 2.09 (BetInternet) 5/10 :)
Tanjong Pagar 1-0 Geylang Home United 0-2 Tampines Just a quick & simple thought on 30th March matches: - I would skip the Woodlands - Hougang match. Both teams are evenly match, and are capable of scoring goals on their good days. - If DPMM can draw against Harimau Muda and Gombak loses to Harimau Muda, then DPMM should be the favourites against Gombak. Moreover, DPMM's schedule is tougher than Gombak, yet they've remained unbeaten in 5 matches. DPMM @1.75 (PanBet) 4/10

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 hi mk, thanks for the thanks last night on the Shalke match. i can't PM you yet because you havent posted 50 times, so get typing any old crap just to get your numbers up quickly ! LOL. im appolgising for my comment last weekend on the chelsea 2.5 goals bet to begin with, please forgive me. now what has made me happy was i think your thanks on shalke was largely re my suggestion about backing the 0-0 as safety. i notice that sadly it looks like you got caught out not only on the chelsea match, but also on one of these singapores. some people claim its not worth it in the long run to which i say thats a rubbish statement. look at it psychologically, suppose you had 2 x 0-0 in a run of lets say 4 games, neither with cover, you then know you'll have to effectively chase to get back or just write them off, but then you poss go in to the next bet with a lack of confidence, unless you got unlimited funds. do you keep a record of how each market fairs for you ? take a look at my under 3.5/4.5 thread if you like, in systems and strategies, some useful tips there about covering (well I think so !) your work on this singapore league looks great, its not one i bet but do know that wellington, and [tanjong papers] have been the whipping boys for quite some time now, so it was bit of a shock to see [them] get a win ! thanks, martin

DPMM @1.75 (PanBet) 4/10 :D
Gombak 0-3 DPMM The other match finished Woodlands 1-3 Hougang, which is leading me to believe that Woodlands' early game form is fizzling off, and they're likely to finish 10-13th, competing against Geylang, Tanjong Pagar & Courts Young Lions

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 1 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Singapore Armed Forces FC v Harimau Muda (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.78[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Young Lions v Balestier Khalsa FC (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 SAFFC vs Harimau Muda (1st April 2012) SAFFC has 4 of 5 games that went over 3.5 goals (the other game ended up 1-2 loss). On contrary, Harimau Muda has only 1 out of 5 games that went over 3.5 goals, mainly due to their tight defence, conceding only 2 goals in 5 games. However, there is a mismatch of Over/Under between the local & foreign bookmakers: - Local: Over 3.5 @ 1.80, Under 3.5 @ 1.85 - Foreign: Over 3.5 @ 2.42, Under 3.5 @ 1.61 (Over from PanBet, Under from Bet365) As usual, I'll trust the local bookmakers in setting the odds more accurately for Sleague, hence: Over 3.5 @ 2.42 (PanBet) 2/10 Young Lions vs Balestier Khalsa (1st April 2012) Both sides are averaging a goal a game (6 goals in 6 for Balestier, 4 goals in 4 for Young Lions). However, the difference between 6th-placed Balestier & wooden spoonist Young Lions is due to their defence. Balestier only conceded 4 goals, 3 of which in a single match against Tanjong Pagar, whereas Young Lions conceded a whooping 13 goals in 4 games. & yes, another mismatch of Over/Under between the local & foreign bookmakers: - Local: Over 2.5 @ 1.85, Under 2.5 @ 1.80 - Foreign: Over 2.5 @ 1.80, Under 2.5 @ 2.04 Also, considering the fact that 7 of 9 matches played at Jalan Besar ended up in Under 2.5, I'm going with: Under 2.5 @ 2.04 (PanBet) 3/10

Re: Singapore S League - 2012

SAFFC vs Harimau Muda (1st April 2012) Over 3.5 @ 2.42 (PanBet) 2/10 :( Young Lions vs Balestier Khalsa (1st April 2012)Under 2.5 @ 2.04 (PanBet) 3/10 :)
+1.12 for the day. SAFFC 1-2 Harimau Muda Young Lions 1-1 Balestier Harimau Muda looks the real deal. They could actually finish top 3 this season.

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 [TABLE=class: cms_table_couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: cms_table_firstColumn, align: center]Thursday 5 April 2012[/TH] [TH=align: center]Home[/TH] [TH=align: center]Draw[/TH] [TH=align: center]Away[/TH] [TH=class: cms_table_bppWidth, align: center]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: cms_table_row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]http://cdn1.resources.bestbetting.co...s/maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_firstColumn, align: left]Woodlands Wellington vs SAFFC (12:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.50[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.00[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.39[/TD] [TD=class: cms_table_bppWidth cms_table_bpp, align: center]105.20%[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 Woodlands Wellington vs SAFFC (5th April 2012) Note: Neutral Venue (Jalan Besar) Unable to provide a win for their outgoing general manager Kok Wai Leong a perfect send-off as he assumes a new key role in the S.League administration last week, look for SAFFC to bounce back in this week's Sleague match against Woodlands Wellington. After winning their 1st 2 matches, hopes were raised for Woodlands Wellington this year after finishing at the bottom last season. However, they have yet to win in their next 5 matches and their next opponent has a 16-3-5 H2H record against them, and the last 3 matchup has a total aggregate of 1-17 (0-5, 1-5, 0-7). However, I'm not expecting a huge scoreline similar to last season. The match is played at Jalan Besar Stadium, which has not seen a match with more than 3 goals, and SAFFC, even with a 2-1-3 record, still managed to score 14 goals in 6 games. Comparing the local & foreign bookmakers odds, I see a mismatch for Asian Handicap: - Local: SAFFC (-1.5) @ 1.75, Woodlands (+1.5) @ 1.90 - Foreign: SAFFC (-1.5) @ 1.97, Woodlands (+1.5) @ 1.80 As usual, I'll trust the local bookmakers, and include some riskier bets: SAFFC (-1.5) @ 1.97 (PanBet) 6/10 SAFFC to win 2-0 @ 7.5 (>BetVictor / >BoyleSports / TitanBet) 1/10 SAFFC to win 3-0 @ 9 (>BetVictor / >BoyleSports / TitanBet) 1/10

Re: Singapore S League - 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 6 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Albirex Niigata FC v Balestier Khalsa FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.98 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]DPMM FC v Young Lions (13:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] mkmk keep good work
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 19 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Albirex Niigata FC v Tampines Rovers (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Home United v DPMM FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 20 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Balestier Khalsa FC v Harimau Muda (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tanjong Pagar United v Young Lions (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Singapore Armed Forces FC v Hougang United FC (12:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.02 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
  • 2 months later...

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012 Tanjong pagar vs Albirex Albirex are on a high currently.After their last gasp winner against SAF in an absolute goal fest,they are absolutely bouyant.In koichi sugiyama albirex have a very good coach.The JAPANESE team probably play some of the best attacking football in the league.They play a high tempo game & fast counter attacking game & their style is all entertainment & goals.They have very good forwards whom i think will exploit TP's weak defense.In Yasuhiro Yamakoshi & Toshikazu Soya they have 2 very fast & direct strikers that can pose a problem to any defence in the league.Albirex are on a great run of form & will definately look to to put 3 points on the board & try to close the gap on the top of the table.Albirex defensively are not the best due to their open attacking game.Scoring 21 goals but letting in 16.Tanjong pagar however are one of the more blunted teams i nterms of attacking football.Most of their goals are from set pieces.Scoring only 10 goals in the league while letting in 25.So i don't really see TP causing them to much problems defensively due to their lack of goal scoring threat.Their top scorer in the league is T. Kawanabe(Tanjong pagar) with 6 goals.So he has more then half of the teams goals.He is definately out of the game due to his red card in the previous game.So with him missing..i really don't see much of a attacking menace from TP.They will miss his runs into the box & all round energy he brings.There is no one there to pick up the slack from him being out.Also this game is being played on the artificial turf & will make it easier for Albirex to play their high tempo game & Tanjong pagar is not used to playing on this surface & will definately struggle. Albirex -1 @ 1.80 betinternet

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012 Apologies for my disappearance on this thread, but I was disappointed with Singapore football as a whole. Not only has there still been news of corruption (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sportsnews/view/1199504/1/.html), but local coverage of the Sleague has been nearly non-existence, with more attention focused on the European leagues & Lions XII participation in MLeague. Even the official website, sleague.com, has been unstable at times with their new updates, and the reports are slow to publish (previews 2-3 hours before a match, reports 1-2 days after a match). With limited news, one can only rely on historical form to predict the outcome of the match. I'll do my best to predict a few matches once a while though. DPMM FC vs SAFFC The leaders will be looking to redeem themselves after losing to Tampines 0-1 in their last game & to maintain their lead over the chasing pack. They have yet to lose at their home ground, winning 6 and drawing 1. Their last encounter in Brunei was in 2009, which they've beaten SAFFC 2-1. Considering that this SAFFC team is weaker than then 2009 version, I am leaning towards DPMM FC with another home victory. In the local market, DPMM odds have shifted from 2.00 for a 1X2 win to 1.85. All other betting houses have followed suit...except 1. Hence, the value bet would be:

Brunei DPMM @ 2.10 (

PanBet) 4/10

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012

Brunei DPMM @ 2.10 (PanBet) 4/10
Aye, sadly, SAFFC won 2-1, which leads to a -4 units. But the main news I wanted to share is Geylang United's financial woes. I believe what the chairman quoted when he said there is no danger that Geylang will close down, but with the transfer window currently open, they may have to transfer out some of their star players (e.g. Michael King), hence do take note when placing a bet on them.
Eagles face money woes Geylang adopts corporate mindset to set club back on the right path by Mohamed Shamir 04:46 AM Jun 26, 2012 SINGAPORE - From Fandi Ahmad and Malek Awab to Ahmad Latiff and Baihakki Khaizan, Geylang United's famed production line is one of the reasons why the club has enjoyed success since its establishment in 1974. But in recent years, the two-time S-League champions' empire has waned. Recent financial woes have clipped the Eagles' wings, and they currently languish bottom of the 13-team Great Eastern-Yeo's S-League. In a bid to revive its glory days, club chairman Leong Kok Fann has declared the club must tighten its belt as he implements a corporate approach to the Bedok-based club. "History tells us what Geylang has achieved, but we are now clearly a humble club, as a result of circumstances," Leong told TODAY. "The revenue landscape and terrain has changed, and we can't continue to operate like we did in the past." S-League clubs also depend primarily on Football Association of Singapore (FAS) subsidies and sponsorships, supplemented by income from fruit machines in their club houses. Clubs receive about S$800,000 annually in FAS funding, including performance-based subsidies. However, the clubs' infamous problem of attracting sponsors along with new tax laws and the establishment of Integrated Resorts (IRs) in Singapore have hit them badly. "The best thing (former chairman) Patrick Ang has done for Geylang is set up an emergency fund," said Leong, who became club chairman in January. "Our club house revenue has dropped by 50 per cent, and we have to decide between the must haves and the luxuries, and go back to basics." The club have let go of some of their staff, with key personnel installed in the club management committee to adopt a corporate approach from the boardroom to the pitch. With the likes of head of grassroots and development Robert Lim, head coach Mike Wong and sports trainer Thomas Pang leaving, the club have streamlined operations, with existing staff taking on extra responsibilities. Leong believes these measures can set the club on the path to recovery. "A more corporate mindset at the club means exercising due diligence, and installing a collective leadership, so there's less dependency on any single individual. It will not be the Leong Kok Fann show," said the former Singapore international. Leong has implemented a playing philosophy with clearly defined competencies for each player, underpinned with club's values of discipline, hard work, commitment and passion, all aimed at establishing consistent guiding principles for the club as it seeks to regain its footing. Geylang, under current coach V Kanan, have managed draws in their last two fixtures - with SAFFC and Woodlands Wellington - and Leong believes the changes are taking effect. "We're much better than where we were at the start of the season, and it leads me to believe we're on the right path," he said. "There is no danger that Geylang will close down, and while I can't promise we will be back to where we were in six to nine months, we've taken steps to help and that can only be good for the club and for Singapore football."
But the main news I wanted to share is Geylang United's financial woes. I believe what the chairman quoted when he said there is no danger that Geylang will close down' date= but with the transfer window currently open, they may have to transfer out some of their star players (e.g. Michael King), hence do take note when placing a bet on them.sacked their General Manager yesterday.
More worries for Geylang as they

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012 Albirex Niigata S vs. Tampines Rovers Quaterfinals week in singapore.Cup football now taking precedence with the league on a break.Albirex Nigata looks like they are going to be up against it.Tampines have a new spring in their step after their win over Balestier khalsa.What is more important to note is that they have a new marksman by the name of Sead Hadzibulic.He was bang on form for the last game & was a constant menace.This clearly means Duric will not have to shoulder the burden of carrying the team on.With Winger Jamil Ali also hitting some form,they look to be a good bet to cause some problems to Albirex’s shaky defense.Tampines coach Steven Tan has already earmarked this competition as important after his side was knocked out of the AFC cup.With players like Mustafic controlling the tempo of the team & protecting the tamp backline i am all the more confident tamp will pull of the win.Albirex may be impressive with their hightempo fast paced football…But there is a distinct lack of clinical finishing.Alot of their goals come from set pieces & they often find it difficult to break opponents down.Tampines are a different prospect from Young Lions & SAF.They will not be sloppy defensively & give away cheap fouls & tamp defend way better during corners due to their players being really good in the air & having intimidating physical prsence.Albirex love to play intricate passing game…but usually never have the strikers to punish the better team in the league.Both teams are in great form in the league & cup currently.Tampines won’t be packing the box like how other teams play against Albirex.With this also being a 2 legged affair,i don’t think both teams will be going at each other to much.Tamp will be aware the threat Soya & Yamakoshi(as he scored the winning goal in the league match) pose.So i think it will be a cagey first half with both teams feeling each other out.Both teams have a fully fit squad to choose from & well rested. First half draw @ $2.05 tampines Rovers 0 @ $1.90

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Singapore > S League > 2012 Balestier Vs Hougang The wheels have fallen of the balestier title challenge.A morale sapping loss for them against gombak days ago was particularly dissapointing for them.Their lack of goals have been a major stumbling block for them.Very Solid team & surprisingly they play very well at home & never give away anything much at their ground.They have a very settled backline who are solid & it takes a lot to break them down.They have also made a new signing Z. Dragicevic who has been employed to basically get goals.He has been promising but will take time to settle in his new surrroundings. Importantly Hougang have been playing some decent football lately & have improved their form.Canadian Forward Webb has been instrumental in their upturns.Azhar Sairudin & Fadhil Salim are also in great form.Balestier will definately set up to stop Webb & Diallo from getting to much time on the ball.But i really don’t see hougang winning this.They may be a lot better then before, But balestier will definately be hurting from their loss against Gombak & want to prove that the last result was a blip after fluffing some glorious chances on an atrocious field.Balestier will play their usual style at home.Tight at the back & will definately create some chances against Hougang who aren’t the best defenders.Hougang will fancy their chances of nicking a point here but i think balestier will grab the win.They are just the better side & have the players that can deal with Webb. Balestier -0.5 @$1.85 Woodlands Vs Tampines Really think it’s going to be a total massacre here.Woodlands have one of the most woeful defensive records in the league & Tampines have a potent strikeforce.Not to mention they have resigned Alam Shah who is one of Asean’s best striker on his day for a short period.He might make the cut to play if he passes his mandatory beep test which is happening now.Clearly this is a statement of intent to all his rivals in the league.The coach of tamp is serious about winning the league.Woodlands will try to complete for a while & defend,but i do not see them holding out for long.As long as Duric & Hadzibulic play decently….Woodlands are going to be steamrolled.Bottom place beckons for woodlands & i think today is the day the fill it. Over 3 goals @ $1.80 Tampines -1.5/2 @$1.85