** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA March 2012

March 16 picks Heat to win @ 76ers. 1.62 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Find this a really good offer. Heat have lost two in a row going down against Magic and Rose-less Bulls. They surely won't want to drop another one as they are losing more ground on Chicago. Miami has had no problems dealing with Philly lately having won against them 9 times in a row in the regular season. Two of those wins have been recorded this year. They crushed sixers by 20 pts in Philly last month (99-79) and being full strenght I can not see a reason why would they lose today when they really need to win. Expect a solid effort from Heat. Knicks vs Pacers. Over 197 points. 1.84 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Funny how it sometimes goes. Knicks have found their offense just when D'Antoni left. Defending is suspect still and Woodson will need time to make the difference. Pacers are very good offensive team themselves and can score from down town and also in the paint with their biggs. I'd be surprised if this one stayed below 200 pts. Match will be played in MSG and you don't need to know anything more. Celtics -3 AH @ Kings. 1.80 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Celtics on a very long road trip but won't be tired as their previous match was against a nearby Warriors. Kings have lost three in a row and in terms of quality there is nothing to suggest they will have good chance today. They might keep it close but I expect Cs to make it count when it matters the most. Celtics have won their last 4 matches in Sacramento. Defense will be a decisive factor and with Kings giving up over 100 points it's hard to see them getting past a very solid defensive team.

Re: NBA March 2012 Pacers vs Knicks. Over 196.5 points. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) B2B situation for both clubs and they are playing each other for the consecutive nights. Knicks won at home 115-110 last night. Played overs in that one and was lucky to get away as it was a very low scoring first half but they picked up their offense in the 2nd half. Expect Indiana to score better at home. Knicks are flying on the offensive end at the moment. Like I wrote yesterday, hard to see this one staying under 200 points.

Re: NBA March 2012 Spurs +4 @ Mavericks. 1.81 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Mavs with not much of a form lately. Have only beaten league's worst teams Wizards in Bobcats in their last five matches. Spurs on the other hand manged to hammer Thunder last night. This will be 3rd time Mavs and Spurs meet this year. San Antonio won their home match 93-71 but lost in Dallas by one in overtime (100-101). I think Spurs definitely have real shot today even without Jefferson. They're quality team whilst Mavericks are in a huge mess. Although I'm tempted to play Spurs outright, will go for a safer option and +4 spread.

Re: NBA March 2012 76ers to win @ Bulls. 2.63 @ Unibet (3/10) Bulls are officially without both Rose and Deng. That's their two leading scorers. Chicago were beaten by poor Portland last night and I naturally believe Philly can deal with understrength Bulls team as well as in my eyes 76ers are better team than Blazers. Philly has already beaten Bulls once this season, knocking them down 98-82 at home. In the other match, also at Wells Fargo Center Bulls won by 96-91. Rose and Deng combined for 43 points. Bare in mind, that Watson is also out, Bulls will have a tough one tonight. Having a crack at Sixers today.

Re: NBA March 2012 Hawks -2 @ Wizards. 1.84 @ Pinnacle Wizards look more like a basketball club with the addition of Nene but they still are a bit short in terms of the overall quality. The bench for me is a big problem. Hawks haven't been at full strength for some time now but they have lost only against Boston in their last five matches. Atlanta have beaten Wizards twice this season, both on home court by combined margin of 32 points. Should be good for a win in DC as well. Nets -5 vs Bobcats. 1.78 @ Pinnacle Bobcats are the worst team in NBA and they're playing like one. Getting rid of Boris Diaw doesn't make any sense whatsoever. He was the one who could actually get some buckets. Nets have been sloppy all year long but they haven't had problems dealing with Charlotte. Nets have beaten Bobcats all 3 times this term and will make it a clean sweep in this season's series in Newark today. Spurs -4 @ Hornets. 1.82 @ Pinnacle The odds are influenced by the fact that Parker is out but Spurs will be ok. Well, at least against crap team like Hornets. SAS beat Mavs without Tony last night and I can see no reason why wouldn't they get past Hornets who have done nothing special lately. Beating Clippers is no big deal as Clippers are tired and in mess. Just like Knicks were before D'Antoni was fired. Think Spurs will have this one in the bag with something to spare. Mavericks +4 @ Rockets. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Actually quite fancy Dallas to win this one but will play it safe and have just a handicap. Mavs are an old team and playing back to back matches means that bench players will be involved quite a bit. Rockets are missing some people and overall have not done a lot lately. They beat Warriors who had nobody to guard paint in their last match but win against Lakers was lucky as LA blew away big lead. Mavs' chances in this one coz in terms of quality there's a difference in favor of the champs. Kings to win @ Warriors. 2.09 @ Pinnacle Warriors are in a huge mess at the moment. Ellis is gone, Curry is always injured, they have nobody at the five spot which basically mean that Cousins will kill Warriors inside. Kings have outside shooting as well on offer. Basically in terms of the match-up Warriors lose out in covering the paint and rebouding and that most of the times is decisive. Pick Kings in this one.

Re: NBA March 2012 Paul Pierce >20 PTS 1.85 @ Unibet ! (5/10) I don't like to bet on players totals tbh, but today i will try this one that cathced my eye. Paul averaging 22 pts over last 3 games, and when Allen and Pietrus isn't available i do believe that he can overcome that margin, specially when Boston have one of the leading assist PG in NBA Rondo, that creates a lot of scoring oppoturnities. Over here. Celtics -6.5 @ Bobcats 1.91 Unibet! 6/10! Well, Charlotte is the worst team in NBA, and i don't think that the blow of Allen could stop Boston today of trashing here Cats... Celtics playing great defensive basketball lately, while Bobcats averaging worst 87 pts in NBA. Boston are in 7th position and should win thouse games with regular season step after step coming to an end. Rockets -6.5 vs Kings 1.91 Unibet 7/10! Houston have beaten top teams this month, with OKC and Lakers falling apart, they was so close to get another win vs Dalas, but were unlucky there in OT. Houston improving with each and every game, and despite missing Lowry and Martin they are playing great team basketball. Theese wins against top teams is crucial and give big boost for the team that now are in play-off race definetly, and if they want to keep up it they should start wining against teams like Sacramento. Raptors to beat Magic 3.1@unibet (4/10) Maybe the odd should be bigger here, if you think of it at all, but i don't waste anytime of thinking why it's just 3.1 or smth like that. Lets be real, Magic isn't that team that was last years, and definetly way out of that. Toronto started season very bad and lost tons of games with 2-3 pts margin. They should won in Chicago last game but didn't capitalise at the end. Toronto is picking up the form and i believe that they can overcome today eratic Magic @ home! GL.

Re: NBA March 2012 Orlando (-1.5) @ New York Knicks 1.96@unibet (6/10) The things goes wrong for knicks as they've lost Stoudemire, and Carmelo with Lin is questionable for todays game. on the other hand we have Magic, they have won 7 of theyr last 8 meetings and is on fire. the handicap is so low so i will go for it. gl Bobcats - Timberwolves Over 201.5 pts 1.91@unibet (5/10) Minesota allows the most points in NBA, and that tells the story that the defence of team is in bad shape. Bobcats are the worst NBA team and scoring lowest in NBA, but today i think they have a great oppoturnity to do that. Maybe handicap for wolves -5.5, but i'll stick with this, because last games Bobcats put some team basketball together and today may show up at home. GL