** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals

kevshat

After the excellent CB series recently, Australia jumped straight on a plane to the Caribbean to tour the West Indies. The tour begins on Friday which a 5 match ODI series is followed by 2 T20 matches. All the matches are live on Sky in the UK so there is enough TV coverage for there to be plenty of betting interest in the series. With West Indies in England straight after this series I'm sure there will be a fair bit of focus to the tour. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Mar 16 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 13:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - West Indies v Australia Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 18 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 13:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - West Indies v Australia Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Mar 20 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 13:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - West Indies v Australia Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Mar 23 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 13:30 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - West Indies v Australia Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Mar 25 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - West Indies v Australia Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Tue Mar 27 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - West Indies v Australia Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Mar 30 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - West Indies v Australia Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Right after a busy week I'm ready to get stuck into this series with today's 3rd ODI. I'll go with 3. 3pts West Indies to win 3rd ODI 2/1 Bet365 I like the West Indies in this match and in these conditions. The conditions in St Vincent are very slow and if you think back to when they came over here for a couple of T20 matches last summer, we produced a couple of dustbowls and they played very good cricket and we couldn't get their spinners away at all. Well Australia aren't faring much better which is probably no surprise after they've spent the last 6 weeks playing on quick bouncy wickets in the CB series. The slow nature of the wicket benefits their batsmen as it negates the pace of the likes of Brett Lee and Clint McKay but it also plays into the hands of their bowlers too. Aside from Kemar Roach, who is bowling beautifully anyway, the Windies bowlers rely on changes in pace and on slow wickets the slower balls can do strange things as we saw in the last ODI. Australia have dropped a batsman for this match which seems a strange move when you've just failed to score 4 an over but that's the move they've taken. I wouldn't say West Indies' batting line up is the best or the longest but there are a number of all rounders capable of putting bat to ball which lengthens it enough to be more than competitive. The St Vincent and Grenadines PM has declared today a bank holiday out there so the ground will be full with a crowd hoping for a West Indies win and in these conditions, which Australia haven't shown us they have got used to yet, I think the Windies are good value at 2/1 to make it back to back wins having won the last match. 5pts West Indies Most 6's Evs BetVictor West Indies have won the 6's battle in each of the first two ODIs. In the first one they won it 7-0 in a match they lost heavily and in the second match they won it 6-2 in a match they won. Those two results make the evens look very big but when we consider that the Australian's aren't at home in these conditions then I think the even money is worth even better value. Australia have a number of players who can hit 6's but the likes of Warner and Wade haven't shown they can do it in these conditions yet. West Indies have a side full of hitting 6's. It's the calypso cricket style. Samuels, both Bravo's, Pollard, Sammy and Russell can all hit a cricket ball an awful long way and given the results of the first two ODI's I have to take the evens here. 1pt ew G.Bailey Top Australia Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) George Bailey is one of the few Australian's who have looked ok in these conditions. He top scored in the first match with 48 and was going well in the second ODI before a slower ball behaved strangely and got big on him. Australia have dropped a batsman for this match so the 6/1 on Bailey looks an even better price but when you consider the top order have barely scored a run in the series so far then the 6/1 is even better value and looks a top each way bet. Bailey will bat at 5 or 6 but I think that's a good place to bat in this series as the field will be back and singles can be picked up easier than the start of the innings when the field is in and the gaps aren't there. Bailey plays spin well which is important and at 6/1 he looks an excellent each way bet in this 3rd ODI.

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals +6.7pts for the 3rd ODI which would've been a lot more had Windies got the extra run they needed. C'est la vie though. 3 for me in the 4th ODI. 4pts Over 6.5 6's 5/6 Skybet This line has been covered in all three matches in the series so far with the West Indies covering it themselves on one occasion. The series has now moved to St Lucia where the wicket is a lot better for batting. It won't be anything like as slow as the one we've seen in St Vincent while the outfield isn't a lot bigger. We've seen all series that there are some big hitters on show and if the likes of Pollard, Watson and Warner get going then this total won't be enough but there's enough 6 hitters on either side for this line to be covered without anything extraordinary but with everyone chipping in. Batting sides will enjoy the conditions and I think the 6 hitting can continue here in St Lucia. 4pts C.Baugh's Performance Pts - 29&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Carlton Baugh has covered this line in all three matches in the series so far and he's had it covered in the field on each occasion. So far in the series he has taken a stumping and a catch with every innings in the field and he's then topped up his total with an improving effort with the bat each time. Last time out he had a total of 68pts which covered this line with bat and gloves. Last time West Indies played ODI's on this ground Baugh took a stumping in both matches and covered this line in both matches. This line does look pretty low for a guy who is reliable with the gloves and who can dig in and be solid with the bat or launch it for some quick runs. I'll happily take the overs here especially with the stumping potential off Sunil Narine who not one Australian batsman has read thus far. 1pt ew G.Bailey Top Australia Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Not a lot to add to what I said in the last match. He found one too good for him there but you have to feel but for picking out Bravo in a bit of an unfortunate fashion at square leg he would've gone on to top score in that innings. For me he's looked like the one Aussie batsman who has been at ease in the conditions and with the T20 matches coming up where he's the new captain he'll want to go into them in tip top form. At 6/1, just like on Tuesday I think the Tasmanian is a good each way bet in this 4th ODI.

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals 4pts - Over 1.5 run outs @ 2.30 Bluesquare Hard for me to go into massive in depth reasoning here, but we have seen 3 run outs in both the 3rd and 2nd ODIs with 1 run out in the 1st ODI. I think this is a good price for the pattern of the last 2 matches to continue and I think we should see at least 2 more run outs here. 3rd ODI - 3 run outs - 2 Australia, 1 Windies 2nd ODI - 3 run outs - 1 Australia, 2 Windies 1st ODI - 1 run out - 1 Windies IMO the fact that both teams still have all to play for helps this bet as we should see some pressure situations with guys pushing for the extra run that isn't really available.

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Bit late today but I'm taking just one. 4pts West Indies to win 5th ODI 6/4 Stan James West Indies have controlled the last three matches in this series and but for a lapse in composure in the 3rd ODI they would be 3-1 up now. They have the batting line up to put this pretty mundane Australia bowling attack to the sword but it's their bowlers who have impressed me so far. There's just no let up and the whole Windies attack is bowling well. Even the back up and fill in bowlers like Samuels and Pollard are bowling well. Australia have shown that they can't pick Narine to the extent where most of them aren't prepared to even attack him. A lot of their batsmen are out of form and with a bowling attack that isn't really doing much I think the Aussies are there to be beaten again. They can't really say they were only beaten by a Pollard wonder knock in the last match because had Brett Lee not cut loose late on they would have been losing by 80-90 runs. Given how dominant the Windies have been, at 6/4 I have to take them here.

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals Not the result I wanted in the final ODI. 3 for me in the first T20 this evening. 5pts Over 13.5 6's Evs Skybet I think this line is a bit low considering in the first ODI on this ground there were 19 6's on Friday. Admittedly Pollard and Lee went silly but enough batsmen have cleared the relatively short ropes here to suggest both sides can plonk 7 hits out of the ground. The wicket is fantastic for batting. Comes on at a nice pace with a bit of bounce and it's reliable so I expect to see plenty of runs tonight and with that should come plenty of 6's. West Indies look like they are bringing Dwayne Smith into their side and as Sussex fans will know once he hits it it stays hit. Add him to the likes of Charles, Samuels, both Bravo's, Pollard, Russell and Sammy and West Indies could clear this on their own if it's a going night. Australia have Warner and Watson up top who can mishit balls for 6 on this ground and then there's both Hussey's, Bailey, Wade and Christian who has been named in their side for this game not to mention Brett Lee so the hitters keep on coming throughout this match. When Australia last played here, in THAT World T20 semi final with Pakistan there were over 20 6's and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we get up to that number this evening. Both sides will be giving it everything in this match given that the next World T20 is only 6 months away so I expect runs, big hits and a lot of 6's. 3pts B.Lee's Performance Pts - 28&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Brett Lee's performance line looks just a shade too low here especially based on what he achieved in the two ODI's in St Lucia over the weekend. In the first game there he took 2 wickets, a catch and slogged 59 runs in no time and in the second match he was shoved up the order, which could easily happen again in this match, and scored 12 as well as taking 3 wickets and a catch. So we know he has the potential to score in three ways on this ground and that leads me to thinking 28pts is too low. I think we will see him bat at some point and if it is early enough the 28 could go with the willow but he'll obviously bowl 4 overs and even a wicket and a catch will do us. Plenty of scoring potential for Lee in this match and so I'll take the over 28. 1pt ew D.Sammy Top West Indies Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Darren Sammy is on his home ground in this match and we've seen in the two ODI's that have been played here that he clearly loves batting on his home wicket. He gave Windies total a touch of flourish in the first ODI here on Friday when he clobbered 31 off 13 balls at the death but he went even further on Sunday when he blitzed Australia everywhere to end up with 84 off 50 balls. I'm sure we'll see him bat at some point and as he showed with the 31 off 13 he can easily run into a place with an effort like that but if things haven't gone to plan then we saw in the second match that a top score is well within his reach so I'll take the Windies skipper as a decent looking ew bet at 12/1.

Re: West Indies vs Australia - ODI Series & 2xT20 Internationals One six short in the last game was so annoying :(. Not much about that I like tonight so I'll just take one. Difficult to know about 6's and totals and things with it being the first match on the ground in the series. 4pts K.Pollard's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. This line looks a bit low on Kieron Pollard who is in fantastic form at the minute, particularly with the bat. We saw his 100 in the ODI series in St Lucia and then he followed that up with a 20 ball 50 in the first T20 of this mini series. Australia's bowlers don't look like they have much answer to Pollard at the minute. He'll belt anything that's pitched up to him out of the ground but even when they bowled short at him in St Lucia they were landing in the sea too. If Pollard were to bat 4 overs he could cover this total but I would think having not got a big enough total on the board in the last game that the Windies might think about promoting him up the order so he could well have even longer to bat. One thing we do know is he will bat so I think he'll go close to covering this total with the bat. He has two other solid scoring options in case he doesn't cover the total with the bat though. He can bowl and will probably get a couple of overs to fill in and he's a mighty fine fielder so he could easily snaffle a catch or two as he'll field in the important positions. With plenty of scoring options I think Pollard's target of 36pts is well within his reach.