** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012

maliniok

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 13 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] AFC Telford United v Kidderminster Harriers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cambridge United v Barrow (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Darlington v Luton Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]291.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ebbsfleet United v Wrexham (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Grimsby Town v York City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mansfield Town v Fleetwood Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Southport v Kettering Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.03 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]291.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 I like the odds on Fleetwood and Kiddy. Cod Army have been in immense form and are rightly top of the league. Mansfield also have now 5 straight wins in a row which resulted in reaching the playoff positions. Fleetwood have already proven that they can beat in-form teams when they got the right result against Grimsby and they seem to have found the winning formula even when things aren't exactly going their way. I expect another win for the leaders and will look to back them most likely on 0 AH market. Another interesting bet is Kiddy at Telford. Harriers are an attacking team but recently they have had some block in front of goal. Reading the report of their match against Fleetwood I learned that Kiddy dominated the first half but couldn't find the net. I think that a game against a team like Telford is what they need to get their playoff ambition back on track. Most likely 0AH again.

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 Spot on about Kiddie being the better team in the first half against Fleetwood and they really should have been at least one to the good. For me the only difference between the two sides was the fact Fleetwood had the quality to put the ball in the net. Fleetwood didnt play well on Friday but I wonder if the extra day off might have helped, although I think Mansfield will be a tough test given the form they are in and they might be able to take advantage as Fleetwood have been under performed of late.

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 I am doing the complete opposite to Maliniok and backing Mansfield to beat Fleetwood. Mansfield have come on a nice run at just the right time and, with a decent home record, are certainly value. I can see why Maliniok has gone the opposite way as Fleetwood are in blinding form, but their run has been aided by a dozen penalties this season, together with almost as many goals in the 90th minute or later! That means, certainly, that they never give up, working on the basis that their method of defence is to simply score at least one more goal than the opposition, but also that there are either a lot of clumsy defenders about or, as anyone who has witnessed them live, they have players who enjoy flinging themselves down in the box. Yep, many defenders are poor in this league but the refereeing standard is pretty shocking and that has helped their penalty count. As has been said on this thread, Fleetwood have been winning whilst underperforming (the sign of a good team) but they should have been done by Kidderminster, Grimsby and Cambridge in recent weeks. Their keeper had a blinder against Cambridge, a dubious penalty helped rescue the game in the last 15 minutes against Grimsby and Kiddy should have buried them by half time. Perhaps it is my Wrexham heart ruling my head but VC's 3.4 should be taken. My second pick is to have a bet on Cambridge to beat the team we all have problems with, Barrow. If Barrow were at home I wouldn't touch them but, away from home, that is a different matter. They are averaging less than a point a game away from home. Cambridge have been no great shakes recently, either, but I think they have just a bit more quality and, coming off a win at the weekend, I am hoping for another one here. Not a confident pick but am willing to take them at the Tote's 2.1

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 Very bad selection of Kidderminster who lost 2-1 and lost me the bet. It's a poor 'attacking team' that create chances but doesn't take them... Feeling very bitter about their result but there you go.Good selection of Fleetwood who prove why they are top of the table and will deservedly be promoted to the Football League. They were leading Mansfield but managed to concede an equaliser towards the end.

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 I have to say that on the face of it I disagree with you about the Fleetwood result tonight. To go 1 up so late on in the game and not win is a costly two points dropped for me. As it stands Wrexham are in pole position with the game in hand and the fact they have to play each other. I still think Fleetwood will do it but tonight was not a good night for them.

Re: England > Midweek > Conference National > Tuesday 13 March 2012 I agree, addpea. It was a pleasure to hear Fleetwood concede late on for once, having scored double figures in the 90th minute or later themselves. they keep waiting for us to fold but we won't go away. Our 5-0 last night did not look like it for the first 15 minutes or so, when Ebbsfleet were threatening. They didn't defend that badly either! their keeper either was picking the ball out of the net or was taking a goal kick. He didn't have a save to make. If we do win it, and we are still the outsider of two, it will be all down to our defence...21 goals in 37 games