** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts - Week 5

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 8 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Painter, K v Hamilton, A (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.64 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Anderson, G (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Van Barneveld, R (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Lewis, A (21:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Hamilton most 180s 1.72 @ BlueSq 3pts Don't have much of a view on this match as its both players first season in the PL. I think there is some value in Hamilton to win the match and apart from last week he has been hitting a lot of 180s compared to Painter and as such think this is probably the bet for the match. Whitlock v Lewis

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Last week was possibly the worst three hours of sport in my gambling life. Let's hope tonight is not a repeat: - 6pts Double: Raymond van Barneveld (vs. James Wade) x Phil Taylor -2.5 (vs. Gary Anderson) @ 3.63 [Coral] The way Raymond van Barneveld is playing right now says that you just have to get on him here. Especially at odds against. He really is throwing like he did all those years ago at the moment and that is surely set to continue against a very poor looking James Wade. Wade struggled to a win over Kevin Painter last week. He threw zero 180s and ran in a sub-90 average. Compare that to Barney who threw five 180s and almost touched a ton average in his victory over Andy Hamilton and you see what I'm saying. I know Wade has a stormer in him very soon, I just don't think it's tonight. Phil Taylor doesn't need much explaining. I was explaining this bet to my friend on Tuesday, I said Taylor -2.5, he was like yeah definitely without even ask who he was playing. You can see why. Guy is reeling off 108, 112, 117 averages week on week. Anderson will have to throw mad darts and finish EVERYTHING to even get close to Taylor on this form. Not gonna happen. Only one break of throw required to cover the -2.5 too. Power to continue destroying everything in his path. - 4pts Under 27.5 180s @ EVS [WillHill] Last week, when this line was 26.5 and the two weakest 180 hitters were playing each other, I got on overs fairly confidently. There were nowhere near 27. This week, at a higher line and a higher price with Wade playing Barney and Painter playing an out of form Hamilton, I have to shoot under, it only makes sense. This line requires seven in every match, that won't happen. Taylor/Anderson could produce 9+, but I can definitely see Painter Hamilton producing three or under, especially with Hamilton surprisingly running in ZERO in fourteen legs last week. Unders for me.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 A couple of indifferent weeks have left me on +2.98 for the tournament now, so looking for a decent session tonight to get me going again. Andy Hamilton to beat Kevin Painter- 5/4 Blue Square- (3/10) Whenever I've tried to call one of Hamilton's matches , it's usually gone the other way apart from last week where Barney narrowly won in the final leg. However, last week Hamilton was leading 6-4 at one point before Barneveld rallied at the end and won the last 4 legs of the match. The Hammer's all round game last week for the majority was top notch though. He scored well and his finishing was impeccable, as he didn't miss a double for the first 10 or so legs. The only main ones he missed were those 3 at D16 in the final leg to grab himself a point, and although the darts missed, they were all literally on the wire so he must have been gutted to not take anything from the match. Both guys have finished well of late, as well as throwing in the odd stinker of a performance. I'd give the edge to Hamilton here though mainly because of his extra scoring power which is as good as anyone on his day and that could be key here. No doubt he'll be disappointed after last week's result and I'll back the Hammer to bounce back with a win here. Phil Taylor (-2.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- 8/11 Betfred- (5/10) Taylor to win 8-5- 5/1 Blue Square- (1/10) Taylor to win 8-3- 13/2 Coral- (1/10) Agree with Tyler here in that I fancy Taylor to win this with a bit to spare. Expected the handicap to be a leg higher really given Taylor is throwing first, meaning he only needs one break of throw to win this one and that's the minimum I expect from him really. His averages in recent weeks have been ridiculous, echoed by a 117 average last week against Whitlock, which is the highest so far in PL history and if he plays anything remotely like he did last week, it's really hard to see Anderson winning 6 legs here. The Scot is improving after a dodgy opening couple of weeks and although the scoreline last week looks ruthless, truth is Lewis really had one of those weeks and Anderson was just solid enough to win easily. He'll need to up his game significantly though if he's to have a chance against the Power here and I don't expect him to really trouble Taylor. Taylor will consistently take out 12,13 darters whilst Anderson, although he will have his super legs, will also have his dodgy ones and that's something you can't afford in this short format against Taylor, especially with the way he's playing right now. With Taylor throwing first, I'll back him to cover the handicap with that one break of throw required here. Also having a little punt on the correct score. It basically is Taylor winning by 1 break of throw or 2 with the 8-3 scoreline as well. I was tempted by the 8-1 and 8-2 scorelines but Anderson should be able to hold his throw comfortably at times, given he'll hit his doubles so I'll back Taylor to cover the handicap and win by either 3 or 5 legs. Raymond van Barneveld to beat James Wade- 6/5 William Hill- (4/10) Raymond van Barneveld (-2.5 legs) to beat James Wade- 2/1 Bet365- (3/10) Raymond van Barneveld (Most 180s) vs James Wade- 4/6 Blue Square- (5/10) Still don't think Barney is being given enough credit here. He continues to be the second best player in the league so far behind Taylor, as in truth, he's been pretty unlucky to not be higher in the table than he actually is. He received a bit of luck last week to beat Hamilton, with the Hammer missing darts to grab a draw but Barney stepped in well and was pretty ruthless as he has been for the past 4 weeks. His scoring has been superb, reminiscent to the Barney of old and his finishing has been extremely solid as well, with the crowd very much getting behind him and that seems to spur him on greatly. Wade finally got his first win last week against Kevin Painter which I'm sure he'll be relieved about and his finishing finally looked to be getting better as it really hasn't been up to scratch so far in the PL. Wade still isn't scoring particularly well though, and although he'll rattle in the tons consistently, Barney with the way he's been throwing, should be turning those tons into 140s and maximums and that's where this match could get away from Wade. If Barney gets to the double first, and gets ahead, I see him winning this pretty comfortably as Wade hasn't convinced me at all so far so I'll back the Dutchman to record back to back wins. I'll also back him to outscore Wade on the 180s front as the price looks way too high to me. Wade really doesn't hit many at all, as he covers a fair bit and will hit plenty of 100s and 140s and you'd have to fancy Barneveld to hit more 180s IMO. The Dutchman has been one of the most prolific maximum scorers over the past 4 weeks or so with Wade very much at the other end of the spectrum and given how I expect Barney to go well tonight, I'll also back him to win the 180s matchup. Simon Whitlock vs Adrian Lewis- Over 12.5 legs- 4/6 William Hill- (4/10) Can't actually call this one but if I did, I'd probably give the slight edge to Lewis after last week's result against Anderson, but whoever wins, I'd expect both to hold their throw quite comfortably in truth. After last week, we've now seen the best and worst of both guys and I can't remember the last time I saw Lewis lose a match in which he's played so badly like last week. He really just didn't show up so there should be plenty of motivation for the world champion to bounce back and he should fancy this one, given he's won 4 out of the last 5 against Whitlock including that win at the World Cup. The Aussie played really well last week though and probably would have beaten anyone other than Taylor with his performance last week. To win 4 legs against a guy averaging over 117 is a really good effort and that should given Whitlock confidence coming into tonight. If Lewis plays how he can play, he should win this but I'm not happy in backing him a week after that performance against Anderson. Whitlock showed last week he still can score really well, and his finishing was alot better so I'd back both to be pretty comfortable on throw and that should lead to us seeing at least 13 legs in this one.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Painter v Hamilton Little in the way of recent h2h's between these two to go on, Painter won the most recent clash in Germany last year, but Hamilton has a 7-4 lifetime lead. They met 3 times in Championship League Darts a few years ago and Hamilton won 2 of the 3 clashes 6-4 and they drew the other 5-5. Both will be looking at this match as a must-win if they are to make the playoffs, and, with past clashes suggesting a close game, recent performances in the PL throwing up similar averages, and the potential importance of the game I'm seeing a pretty low on quality, but close and tense affair. Taking the draw, and Hamilton by a break sue to the fact he has had the edge on Painter average-wise on 3 of the 4 weeks so far. 1.25pts Hamilton win 8-6 @ 6/1 Ladbrokes 1.25pts Draw 7-7 @ 9/2 Paddy Power Will post the rest after the kids are in bed

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Two for me tonight. +17.5pts for the tournament so far. 4pts R.Barneveld to beat J.Wade 6/5 Boylesports I like Barneveld this evening. Usually matches between he and Wade can go either way but I feel the Dutchman has that bit about him now that he hasn't had for a while. Clearly he is a lot happier on the oche and his management change would have a lot to do with that but he has that fight back again as we saw last week. I think Barney's scoring power will be too much for Wade this week. Not only is he hitting a lot of 180's these days but he's hitting a staggering amount of 140's whereas Wade is more a steadier 100 hitter with 140s when he's playing well. Wade picked up his first win of the tournament against a below par Painter last week and he'll look to push on from here but he needed 3 ton plus finishes to get control of that match and he'll need them again tonight I feel. Barney isn't missing too many doubles at the minute which is a big thing for him, especially when he's scoring so well. When the doubles are clicking his mindset gets stronger and he's tough to beat. I think he'll be tough to beat here and given how I expect him to outscore Wade this evening I'll take him to just edge this one. 4pts A.Lewis to beat S.Whitlock 11/8 William Hill The performances of this pair last week could hardly have been more different but I think we'll get a response from the world champion tonight. He'll be the first to admit he was awful last week but he often has wake up calls and responds well so I expect him to play well in this match. I'm not sure Whitlock can play much better than last week and I would expect him to lessen his performance level a little bit in this match. If Lewis is on top form I think he's too good for Whitlock and I would expect him to win this match. One thing I always feel is Whitlock isn't a good chaser and he isn't the best when well in front either. I suspect he could be chasing tonight and if Lewis can get ahead early not only will it give him a lot more confidence but it will also put Whitlock under pressure, particularly if results earlier in the night see him getting cut adrift a little bit. Lewis also needs the points but he's played well for three weeks without much luck and if he's back to playing well tonight I think the elusive win will be his for the taking.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Taylor v Anderson Just when critics suggested Taylor wasn't the same arrowsmith that he had been, and that he would possibly be considering his future in the game, he has come out in this season's Premier League and shut them all up. From record breaking averages to 9-dart finishes, he's even leading the 180s table as well as the league table. Anderson, somehow, has the best leg difference over the 4 games so far, despite not being near his best yet. Even in last week's demolition of Lewis he didn't score as well as he can. It's been the case that players raise their game to try and keep tabs on the Power, so maybe we'll see Anderson eke out a few more points on his average, but even so, if Taylor throws like he has so far then nobody, nobody at all, can live with him. 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-1 @ 11/1 Ladbrokes 1.25pts Taylor to win 8-3 @ 9/2 Hills Wade v Barneveld Despite only picking up his first points last week, Wade has been playing too badly in the PL so far. Barney, however, has played better. He's impressed me with his resolution this year, no shaking of the head and throwing the towel in so far. With this being third on, and Barney playing well, I'm harking back to my stat about how much better Wade has done in the opening 2 matches of the night than the latter 2, and taking the Dutchman to take all the points tonight. 1.25pts Barneveld to win 8-6 @ 6/1 Ladbrokes 1.25pts Barneveld to win 8-4 @ 8/1 Coral

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 5 Whitlock v Lewis Adey can consider himself unlucky probably to be without a win yet. The only person to take a point off the Power so far, but in doing so he let slip a 0-6 lead and what with that and being laid low by a virus he hasn't been up to his World Champ best. He's got a perfect opportunity to get himself some much needed points against Whitlock tonight - the Aussie, even for his win has shown fragility, and whilst he averaged 104+ v Taylor last week it is often the case players raise their game v Taylor AND can show inflated averages purely because they don't get the chance to miss any doubles. Lewis knows he needs to start putting some wins on the board and he think he can get off to a good start and beat the Aussie quite comfortably tonight. 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-4 @ 8/1 Hills 1.25pts Lewis to win 8-2 @ 20/1 Hills