** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

all lower leagues and Cups

Re: Finnish League Cup 2012 [h=2]Finnish League Cup[/h]JJK (4-2-3-1) Linjala Gruborovics – Virtanen – Manninen Tuomanen – Korte Tapaninen – Nieminen – Pasoja – Turpeenniemi Szerovay FF Jaro (4-2-3-1) Wargh Niang – Aalto – DeFreitas Agyeman – Kronholm Banner – Aho – Vasiljev – Vaganov Kotenko It’s League cup time again. This time Jaro will travel to Jyväskylä to face JJK. The match begins at 14.00 UTC+0, and it will be played outdoors. JJK battled for the signature of Pietari Holopainen (D), but the player chose to continue his career in KuPS. That means JJK defence lacks still some much needed quality. Mikk Reintam – Juha Pasoja duo is a decent one, but not good enough to compete against other top teams. Today Reintam is out, and his replacement is Samu Nieminen. The young centre back is not ready yet; JJK’s weakness also today is their defence. But JJK’s midfield looks good – in my opinion it’s perhaps the optimal one. When Jukka-Pekka Tuomanen and Eero Korte are in the middle of the park, the team looks more balanced – at least more balanced than when more attack minded Tamas Gruborovics playes there. Lasse Linjala starts as a striker. He didn’t get much playing time last season, and he will be also a back-up also this season. Jaro are a bit like JJK. Their strength is their midfield (controlling the ball), but they have constant troubles with their defence and Mattias Wargh as a striker doesn’t impress me. Jaro have two brand new players: Mike Banner and Akil DeFreitas. Banner is a fullback, and DeFreitas (who should be at least fast) can play as a winger/forward. The new guys are always mysterious, but at least they should be better ones than for example Jordan Seabrook (the player that has been tested by many clubs including Jaro – he’s still available). The coach Eremenko Sr. at least seemed to be pretty optimistic about them. Both teams like to play attack minded and attractive football, so we should expect a bit more entertaining match than normally. Three weeks ago Jaro beat JJK at their home ground 3-2. Maybe JJK will take a revenge? I would like to once again remind you, I apologise for sounding like a broken record, that these are only pre-season games. The actual season starts in April. My estimation: 56-24-20 | O/U 2.5: 62-38 JJK -0.5 1.971 @ Pinnacle 2/10 (the fair odds would be 1.79)

• 1 month later...

Norway - Adeccoligaen 9/4-2012 1st round in the new season in the norwegian first division. Bærum - Bodø/Glimt Bærum got promoted last year, about 10 years since last they were at this level. I reckon they wil struggle to survive this season. Haven't strengthened their team much. A new goalie who has som experience from Tippeligaen and this level. Have also a youngster on loan from a Tippeliga-club. The rest of the players have little experience from this level. Bærum has a very young team, to be fair it should be said that they possess som talented youngsters. Bodø/Glimt is one of the outsiders to promotion. B/G have lost a couple of good players to teams in the Tippeliga, but they have signed several new players that should cover up the the players that left. Among these players are last years top goalscorer in the Adeccoleague. As far as I know they don't have any big injury problems. Due to this being the season opener i reckon it adds som extra uncertainty + Bodø/Glimt ain't normally a very good away team(6-2-7 last year) makes me lower my bet on this match. Bodø/Glimt is the strongest of these teams, and i reckon that they should have at least a 50 % chance of victory here. My bets on this game are: Bodø/Glimt to win: 2.30 @Bet365. 4 units Bodø/Glimt (-1) handicap to win. 4.45 @ Unibet 2 units.

• 1 month later...

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2011/12 Injuries & suspensions Brommapojkarna v Trelleborg FF (Sweden Superettan) Brommapojkarna: Westberg, Jonsson, Nyang, Pinones-Arce, Tronet Trelleborg FF: Jensen, Nilsson-Guiomar, Andersson, Westerberg

• 3 weeks later...

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2011/12 RoPS v HIFK (Finland Ykkonen) There are many absences in guests squad. In this match HIFK is without seven players: Karkkainen, Pyhala, Tanner, Suikki, Britschgi, Saari and Rannikko.

• 1 month later...

Haugesund vs Sogndal !Saturday,everyone's ready??? Norwegian Division 1 Match Time : 21/07/2012 01:00 Haugesund vs Sogndal TEAM NEWS Haugesund’s midfielder Trygve Nygaard will be out until August after having an operation to address testicular cancer. Sogndal’s defender Eivind Daniel Roed and forward Joakim Rudolfsen are still concerns. Haugesund Suspended: None Doubtful: None Injured/unavailable: Trygve Nygaard (testicular cancer) Sogndal Suspended: None Doubtful: Eivind Daniel Roed, Joakim Rudolfsen Injured/unavailable: None MATCH PREVIEW Haugesund followed up their rare loss at Odd Grenland two weeks ago with a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Rosenborg on the weekend – their first home loss of the season and the only one in their last 18 home league fixtures. The side obviously struggled in attack without their suspended top goal scorer Nikola Djurdjic, and will therefore welcome his return for the game with Sogndal. Although they have finally lost at home, there is no shame losing to Rosenborg and they remain a formidable home side. Sogndal, meanwhile, had a better weekend, ending an eight game winless streak with a comfortable 3-1 home victory over rock bottom Stabaek. Beating Stabaek is hardly worth boasting about, but it can’t be denied that Sogndal have improved in recent games, with that win coming a week after a brave performance earned them a 1-1 draw at Tromso. But despite Sogndal’s recent improvements and Haugesund’s downturn, the quality at Haugesund’s possession, and their home record in recent times, suggests a home win. HEAD TO HEAD In April, Haugesund came from a goal down to grab a 1-1 draw away at Sogndal. Last season, both these sides picked up home wins over each other; in their previous league meetings in 2009, both sides picked up away victories over the other. Indeed, their recent meetings have been very even, with three wins a piece in their last six fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13 Going Today with two first division match in Finland. FC Hämeenlinna - AC Oulu 1, 3,10 This is seasons last homegame to Hämeenlinna. They are last team in the chart, but they have played better than Oulu in last games. Oulu-team has long travel to Hämeenlinna by bus and it's raining hard in almost whole Finland right now. Circumstances are very difficult. Last two meetings are 1-0 to Hämeenlinna and 0-0. So 0-0 isn't bad bet neither. FC Viikingit - HIFK 2, 3,40 Helsinki-derby. HIFK is going high right now. Last five games 3-1-1, 6-4. Last two games they won Rops (leader of the division) and PK-35 (second team of the division) Viikingit last five games 1-1-3, 3-8. Games start in 45 minutes. Both by: NordicBet

• 1 month later...

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13 Cup game Sonderjyske vs Copenhagen= 2 (1.73) stake 6/10 Sonderjyske position 8 ° points 17 Copenhagen position 1 ° points 29 Preview: Sonderjyske: absent for technical choice: Hansen (midfielder 13/1), Bødker (midfielder 14/0), Absalonsen (striker 6/0), Vibe (striker 14/5); injured: Bechmann (striker 14/2). Copenhagen: in doubt: Wiland (goalkeeper 11/0); Injured: Michael Jakobsen (defender 2/0), Igor Vetokele (striker 3/1), Jorgensen (striker 12/6). The Sonderjyske has a score in-house w1-d1-l5 goals scored 8 goals against 15 while Copenhagen has a score out of the house w2-d4-l1 goals scored 11 goals against 10. The home team is a good away win with a score of 1-2 against Esbjerg while the visiting team is from a defeat away from home with a score of 1-0 against Horsens. Coach Sonderjyske for this cup match will rest some important players since the 11.03.2012 will have to face an important game at home against the third force of the championship Nordsjaelland. As the home team is in the slums of the league and only 6 points from relegation I will spend all the energy both mental and physical in the league. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13

Cup game Sonderjyske vs Copenhagen= 2 (1.73) stake 6/10 Sonderjyske position 8 ° points 17 Copenhagen position 1 ° points 29 Preview: Sonderjyske: absent for technical choice: Hansen (midfielder 13/1), Bødker (midfielder 14/0), Absalonsen (striker 6/0), Vibe (striker 14/5); injured: Bechmann (striker 14/2). Copenhagen: in doubt: Wiland (goalkeeper 11/0); Injured: Michael Jakobsen (defender 2/0), Igor Vetokele (striker 3/1), Jorgensen (striker 12/6). The Sonderjyske has a score in-house w1-d1-l5 goals scored 8 goals against 15 while Copenhagen has a score out of the house w2-d4-l1 goals scored 11 goals against 10. The home team is a good away win with a score of 1-2 against Esbjerg while the visiting team is from a defeat away from home with a score of 1-0 against Horsens. Coach Sonderjyske for this cup match will rest some important players since the 11.03.2012 will have to face an important game at home against the third force of the championship Nordsjaelland. As the home team is in the slums of the league and only 6 points from relegation I will spend all the energy both mental and physical in the league. Quote of the sign 2 down on many books. :hope
Ca$HHHHHH :ok

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Denmark > Superliga > 2012-13 Danish Cup Randers - Midtjylland HW 2,20 Bet365 4/10 Fc Midtjylland is totally banged up, and they will have to make 7 changes to the squad who played monday night. Sunday they have a crucial match against Silkeborg against relegation. Remember this is a team and a club in big big crisis. They have no money and have lost close to 70 million in the last years. Which is huge in danish football. Odds are dropping fast but down to around even I see some value!

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13 Cup game Randers vs Midtjylland = 1 (2.00) stake 5/10 Randers position 5 ° points 28 Midtjylland position 9 ° points 19 Preview: Randers: absent: R.van der Schaaf (defender 9/0), Rise (midfielder 8/2). Midtjylland: absent: Hassan (midfielder 16/2), Bak Nielsen (defender 14/1), Rasmussen (striker 14/0), Igboun (striker 13/4), Larsen (midfielder 12/1), Afriyie (defender 10/0) , Haugaard (goalkeeper 5/0), Ojuola (defender 3/0). The Randers has a score in-house w5-d1-l3 goals scored 13 goals against 11 while Midtjylland has a score out of the house w1-d2-l6 goals scored 13 goals against 20. The home team after nine rounds unbeaten run has lost their last home game with the score 0-1 against Aalborg one of the candidates for the title fight. The visiting team alternates positive benefits to many other negative, drew the last away game with the score 1-1 against Aarhus. Quarter Cup final Denmark is for the title or for a place in the Europa League. The Randers eliminated in earlier rounds as teams Vejle and Kolding Naestved Midtjylland while the eliminated teams like Rishoj and Nordsjaelland. The home team has proven means higher than the visiting team, the first sign is assumed to be the best form for the home team for both guests and numerous absences in both the field factor. Quote of the sign 1 down on many bokks. :hope

Randers V Midtjylland Over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - bet365. Fancy goals here as Midtjylland have been conceding a fair few and scoring a lot of late. Fair enough this is the cup, and I know very little about Danish football, but I'm banking on both sides really going for it. Midtjylland have scored and conceded in all their last six away fixtures. I'm not sure myself here whether Randers are particularly good value. Although Midtjylland sit ninth and Randers fifth, Midtjylland have only lost four times in their last fifth teen fixtures. While Randers have pretty much the same record, so I'm not sure all things being equal whether Randers should be below 2.20, which is where I can see an avenue for Midtjylland to possibly get in and score against them. Maybe give it a real go :unsure. Also, Randers had to beat three lower league sides in Veijle, Naestved, and Aalborg Freja to get to this round. All were defeated fairly narrowly too. Midtjylland had to defeat Nordsjaelland after extra time in the last round to get here. After seeing that through I think they'll give it a real go here. They played each other in the league back in October and the game went over in the first half.

Randers V Midtjylland Over 2.5 goals @ 1.8 - bet365. Fancy goals here as Midtjylland have been conceding a fair few and scoring a lot of late. Fair enough this is the cup, and I know very little about Danish football, but I'm banking on both sides really going for it. Midtjylland have scored and conceded in all their last six away fixtures. I'm not sure myself here whether Randers are particularly good value. Although Midtjylland sit ninth and Randers fifth, Midtjylland have only lost four times in their last fifth teen fixtures. While Randers have pretty much the same record, so I'm not sure all things being equal whether Randers should be below 2.20, which is where I can see an avenue for Midtjylland to possibly get in and score against them. Maybe give it a real go :unsure. Also, Randers had to beat three lower league sides in Veijle, Naestved, and Aalborg Freja to get to this round. All were defeated fairly narrowly too. Midtjylland had to defeat Nordsjaelland after extra time in the last round to get here. After seeing that through I think they'll give it a real go here. They played each other in the league back in October and the game went over in the first half.
Randers take the lead to go 2-1 up. Bet won :ok Only two shots on target though... Probably a bit fortunate.

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13

Cup game Randers vs Midtjylland = 1 (2.00) stake 5/10 Randers position 5 ° points 28 Midtjylland position 9 ° points 19 Preview: Randers: absent: R.van der Schaaf (defender 9/0), Rise (midfielder 8/2). Midtjylland: absent: Hassan (midfielder 16/2), Bak Nielsen (defender 14/1), Rasmussen (striker 14/0), Igboun (striker 13/4), Larsen (midfielder 12/1), Afriyie (defender 10/0) , Haugaard (goalkeeper 5/0), Ojuola (defender 3/0). The Randers has a score in-house w5-d1-l3 goals scored 13 goals against 11 while Midtjylland has a score out of the house w1-d2-l6 goals scored 13 goals against 20. The home team after nine rounds unbeaten run has lost their last home game with the score 0-1 against Aalborg one of the candidates for the title fight. The visiting team alternates positive benefits to many other negative, drew the last away game with the score 1-1 against Aarhus. Quarter Cup final Denmark is for the title or for a place in the Europa League. The Randers eliminated in earlier rounds as teams Vejle and Kolding Naestved Midtjylland while the eliminated teams like Rishoj and Nordsjaelland. The home team has proven means higher than the visiting team, the first sign is assumed to be the best form for the home team for both guests and numerous absences in both the field factor. Quote of the sign 1 down on many bokks. :hope
Ca$HHHHHHHHHH :ok

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13 ODENSE v HORSENS (Danish Cup) The last of the qarter finals in the Danish Cup takes place today and this was the only tie of the rond to interest me in terms of goals. Odense have had the easier run to this with a 7-3 win over Hvidovre and a 3-0 win over Vanlose, both games away from home with Pedersen scoring 5 of those ten goals and Id expect him on the scoresheet again today. Horsens came here via wins over Otterup (2-3) and Hellerup (0-4). With Home advantage to Odense here, Id expect them to have the upper hand but I feel that this will be an open game in comparison to the other 3 ties that have already been played. These teams drew 2-2 in the league already this year and with only one more game before the winter break, Id expect both sides to be on the attack again looking to have a cup semi final place to be cemented for the restart in March

• 2 months later...

Re: all lower leagues and Cups > 2012-13 Jaro in friendlies: win, two draws and defeat (against local amateur clubs). KuPS played three friendly games with two wins and a draw. Also Jaro played only 1:1 in first League Cup game against VPS, while KuPS beat VPS 4:1 and played a draw against ROPS 2:2. Nissinen (df) and Ilo (fw) are fit for away side, no important missings for them. On the other hand, Jaro has many absences: regular defender Sara, and two regular strikers Wargh and Jonke are injured, as well as another four reserve players. Their coach Eremenko has only 13 players available for this match (according to my information). Average online odds for away win are around 1.90 and my local bookie has made ​​a big mistake, in my eyes. I'd to try to take it. KuPS @2.75 medium stake