** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

5th March - 11th March

Re: 5th March - 11th March Kyoto Challenger Bhambri vs Niland The indian advanced 150 position ATP in last year, while Niland lost 130 in the sam eperiod. Bhambri has 19 year old, while Niland20. The quality is clear with the Indian player that played well in Singapore and lost hardly against Yen-Hsun Lu, while Niland lost many matches lately! Expect Bhambri to eliminate them! Bhambri @ 1.80 with Betclic

Re: 5th March - 11th March WTA Indian Wells Qualifiers - Dellacqua to bt Robson @ 1.70 (William Hill:3pts) Looks like a good enough price here, Robson has been doing very little of note on tour recently, lost 1 and 1 to Keothavong in Dubai qualies, retired while losing against Amanmuradova in Pattaya, qualified for Australian Open and then won 2 games in rd 1 vs Jankovic. Dellacqua is not exactly so trustable either but I do think she is a better player in this one, hits a little harder and more aggressive at times. She's won a few matches this year against Jovanovski(twice), Morita, Voskoboeva, Zakapolova and losing to higher ranked players who you would expect to beat her. Robson doesnt move well enough for me, very slow footwork, nice forehand and shaky serve. Give Dellacqua the edge in this qualifier and think she is worth fave. :hope

Re: 5th March - 11th March ATP Indian Wells - Ivan Navarro - Rajeev Ram OVER 21.5 GAMES @ BET 365 Strength (6/10) Ram favourite here and considering Navarro's lack of hard court action, probably rightly so, however I don't think it will be straight-forward for the American. He's not been in the greatest form and toils alot of the time regardless. Navarro has a pretty big serve for a guy that rarely plays on hard and I think he can keep it close here. One concern is that he's just come from playing on clay but he looked in pretty decent nick in South America and players seem to negotiate the transition easier these days so he shouldn't struggle too much. :hope

Re: 5th March - 11th March 7/10 Baghdatis tb. Chardy @ 1.62 Baghdatis got a good season till now. See this pick as nice value, don't see Chardy to beat him. Maybe 'Baggy' will win in 3 sets, but i think he will clear this in straight sets. I think this odd is based on the fact that Baghdatis never beat Chardy. But Chardy must make the move from gravel to this surface.

Re: 5th March - 11th March ATP, Indian Wells Round 2 Qualifier - Phau vs Goulbev - Phau to Win @ 4/6 with Paddy Power - 9.5/10 Phau has been in tremendous and I mean tremendous form and IMO is by far the more talented player .. when he's on song he really is on song, he's more experienced and is more times than not a solid server with a good clutch baseline game, big points, this guy plays them well. Goulbev is an erractic player and this is erratic during a match, not between matches. NO CHANCE. Going big on this one here. :D

Re: 5th March - 11th March WTA Indian Wells Rd1 - Halep to bt Zhang 2-0 @ 8/11 (Bet365:3pts) Fancy Halep to come through well here, she is playing some good stuff this year mainly losing to players who you would expect, higher ranked girls like Wozniacki and Azarenka or power hitters like Wickmayer who she would have issues with. Bar the loss to Ormaechae in Oz, its been a good run for her beating players like Hantuchova, Benesova, Martinez-Sanchez, Pavlyuchenkova......she's a feisty little girl, average serve but moves well and hits well off both wings. I've seen this Zhang girl a few times and she looks average as hell to me, do feel like Halep is a class above here. Wouldnt be too impressed by her beating Cornet or Dushevina in qualies which look like good results on paper. Cornet is in horrific form, not good enough for the main tour these days and even then she was cruising a set and 4-2 vs Zhang but blew two breakers to lose it. Halep to come through well for me.

Re: 5th March - 11th March ATP Indian Wells Rd1 - Kubot +2 games AH vs Karlovic @ 1.901 (Pinnacle:3pts) Fancy Kubot to play a competitive match against Ivo today. I remember backing him on a + handicap against Ivo at Wimbledon and he won in straights as the underdog. He has the serve to keep up here, plays aggressive tennis and I think is a better returner than Ivo aswell. Ivo has lost to good players this year mostly but terrible performance losing to Matosevic in Delray in 2 sets last week.Would expect Kubot to be able to play a tough match here, 50:50 in my eyes tbh.

Re: 5th March - 11th March Hi all! First and foremost, I want to congratulate all of our lovely and beautiful ladies, our wives, mothers, grandmothers !?, sisters and girls! THANK YOU, our lovely woman, for your love life and faith in goodness, FOR YOUR LOVE AND TENDERNESS, FOR ALL THAT GREAT MOMENTS WE MAKE YOU! LET THIS DAY 8 MARCH TO YOU FOR ALL BE surrounded by dazzling smiles of joy and happiness! Happy Holidays on March 8! Ivo Karlovic - L. Kubot "Following" Ruslan's tennis betting blog... * 1st set total games: Over 9.5 1.65 / The coefficient from Sportingbet Pay attention to the statistics of these rivals face meetings. With each other met twice. 22/06/11 Tennis. Men. Wimbledon. Karlovic I. - L. Kubot 0-3 (6:7, 3:6, 3:6) 09/05/09 Tennis. Tournament ATP. Belgrade. Clay. Karlovic I. - L. Kubot 0-2 (6:7, 2:6) One match was played on clay, the second on the grass. As we see, first sets up the same, which is rapid, that the slow surface. This suggests that the great tennis players hold their serve, which is not surprising. Knowing the physical data croat - its tremendous growth, enabling the first serve to file consistently from a height of about three meters (an increase of croat - 2.08) with a high bounce, which is very difficult to accept. And his weight - 104 kg. Which does not allow to move quickly around the court, which in turn gives the opponent a decent chance to keep their supply of elementary keeping the ball in play and chasing Ivo on the back line. The game also polish athlete - a high-quality supply of and access to the grid. He is playing well and playing doubles in the summer he had no good, that only increases his chances in this confrontation.

Re: 5th March - 11th March OK, time to make a blind bet on IW Cipolla + 3.5 games to bt Harrisson @1.901 Pinnacle Cipolla has good record of causing upsets. This guy has rather solid first serve percentage in, and though he rarely fires aces, he makes virtually no unforced and has nice defensive skills. He did beat Davydenko on AO, and did beat Ljubicic lately (though Ljubicic was horrible, that's true), so why should he be steamrolled by Harrisson, who mostly relies on his big speedy serve and is rather one-dimensional player?

Re: 5th March - 11th March

Cipolla + 3.5 games to bt Harrisson @1.901 Pinnacle LOSS
Oh well, Cipolla total disaster, not even close. Did not see that match so can't judge. Not the best start for the event :-( edit: 1 WTA tomorrow early morning Strycova vs Kvitova over 18.5 games 2.160 Pinnacle Strycova actually defeated Kvitova last year in Indin Wells in a tight three setter. And this was after Kvitova won Brisbane, made QF at AO and won Paris, which was the superb start for the year. BTW, they met in this Paris tournament as well, and it was again a tight three setter in which the more lucky player was Petra. Kvitova never performs well on American hard courts, and these two players always have tight battles. Moreover, this is the first tournament for Petra after Fed Cup more than month ago. Though she played doubles with Azarenka yesterday, she could be little rusty. IMO, Barbora should make 7 games against Petra. GL :hope

Re: 5th March - 11th March Nice start to Indian Wells, 3/3 for the week so far. ATP Indian Wells Rd1 - Dodig +3 games AH vs Dimitrov @ 1.847 (Pinnacle:2pts) This is one of those bets where I just cant be disappointed whatever the final result. Dimitrov just looks overrated, I dont know why the bookies keep doing it but he keeps failing mostly. He lost to bloody Donald Young last week, dominated Anderson the week before that and yet lost again. He's done little this year really, unless you consider beating Chardy on hard court in 5 sets impressive. I'd have him closer to 1.80 for this clash maybe higher. Not a big fan of Dodig and it's been a tough year for him, but he can serve and fights hard most weeks so I would expect him to be competitive here. Whatever the result, just cant be having Dimitrov @ 1.5 odds in my view, I dont think he's done enough to justify that yet. :hope

Nice start to Indian Wells, 3/3 for the week so far. ATP Indian Wells Rd1 - Dodig +3 games AH vs Dimitrov @ 1.847 (Pinnacle:2pts) This is one of those bets where I just cant be disappointed whatever the final result. Dimitrov just looks overrated, I dont know why the bookies keep doing it but he keeps failing mostly. He lost to bloody Donald Young last week, dominated Anderson the week before that and yet lost again. He's done little this year really, unless you consider beating Chardy on hard court in 5 sets impressive. I'd have him closer to 1.80 for this clash maybe higher. Not a big fan of Dodig and it's been a tough year for him, but he can serve and fights hard most weeks so I would expect him to be competitive here. Whatever the result, just cant be having Dimitrov @ 1.5 odds in my view, I dont think he's done enough to justify that yet. :hope
I came on to write up Kubot yesterday and saw you'd done it, and now I've come on to write up Dodig and you've beaten me to it again! Couldn't agree more with that bet, think the bookies are playing on reputation alone with those odds.

Re: 5th March - 11th March Davydenko vs. Bubka : Indian Wells Men - Hard Pick and preview from Ruslan's tennis blog... Today Nikolay Davydenko, will have debut. Nikolai much higher level, and now shows a pretty good tennis. He reached the semifinals in Rotterdam, where only in three sets gave away victory to the tournament winner Roger Federer. Very good quality of tennis from Nik, like in the best years. Then after, at a tournament in Marseille received a minor injury Davydenko and stopped in the match against Del Potro. Before this tournament, he said that is fully operational and that he did not care, ready to go there as far as possible. Contender for Davydenko in the first round is accesible. Sergey Bubka (Ukraine) more famous for his legendary father's surname. On the tennis arena have achieved nothing Bubka Jr, nr. 191 place in the rating speaks for itself, the level of tennis challengers. It has been there in the first round thanks to two victories over Souza and Shurelom in qualifying. Bubka have in the arsenal of a good supply of all. On the back it is a lot wrong in trying desperately to break through the next shooting fences. Davydenko to win this match easily 2-0 at 1.70 Expekt

Wickmayer Y. vs Gajdosova J. : WTA Indian Wells. Hard Pick and preview from Ruslan's tennis blog... Last games Wickmayer : 17.02.12 V. Azarenka - Wickmayer 2:0 (6:0, 6:4) 16.02.12 Wickmayer - K. Pervak 2:0 (6:4, 6:0) 15.02.12 Wickmayer - F. Schiavone 2:0 (7:6, 6:4) 14.02.12 Wickmayer - A. Morita 2:0 (6:2, 6:1) 11.02.12 Kerber A. - Wickmayer 2:1 (6:7, 6:3, 6:4) Last games Gaydoshova : 08.03.12 Gaydoshova J. - C. Vandeweghe 2:1 (4:6, 6:3, 6:3) 01.03.12 Gaydoshova J. - E. Danilidou 0:2 (4:6, 0:6 ) 28.02.12 Gaydoshova J. - C. Werle 2:1 (1:6, 7:6, 7:5) 14.02.12 Carstea - J. Gaydoshova 2:0 (6:4, 6:1) 08.02.12 Niculescu - J. Gaydoshova 2:1 (6:1, 4:6, 6:4) Wickmayer looked great at the last tournament and is in good shape. With the low level opponents dealt easily. And now she has got, in my opinion, one opponent who doesnt look great. Gaydoshova now in terrible shape, no stability in the actions, and yet Wickmayer plays with sharp blows to the back line, so Jarmila today simply can not sustain the rythm. Statistics on the cover of games Wickmayer on hard positive 13 wins and 5 losses. Jarmila Gaydoshova this year does not shine in her statistics are negative 4 wins and 5 losses. Total games shouldnt pass 20, with a single break in each set, and this "goal" is by virtue of Yanina Wickmayer. My prediction: 6:4 6:2 Under 19.5 1.87 Unibet

Re: 5th March - 11th March WTA Indian Wells Rd 2 - King vs Pavlyuchenkova OVER 20.5 games @ 1.877 (Pinnacle:2pts) I backed this same line in the Australian Open when these two met and King took that one 5-7 6-3 6-4 as the underdog, and she also beat Pav late last year 6-4 7-6(the other match they played Pav won at the US Open 08 in 3 sets). Pavlyuchenkova has been in a slump for a while now but naturally after recent matches between the two King is now overrated valued at 1.6ish in this match-up which I just couldnt back as Pav is out of form but a better player than King when she pulls it together. Overs looks a better option to me. King can often play long matches, had a great result in rd 1 beating Errani 7-6 6-4 and is having a pretty decent year by her standards. Crafty player, no real power or weapons. I would expect a number of breaks in this one if they're both at the races. Pav as I said is slumping this year, and in this form her serve deserts her and she tends to leak double faults, she still has powerful strokes off both wings and can hurt King at times too, even out of form her matches with King recently have been close enough. I dont see either woman winning a clean comfortable match here and fancy the overs. :hope

7/10 Baghdatis tb. Chardy @ 1.62 :nana Baghdatis got a good season till now. See this pick as nice value, don't see Chardy to beat him. Maybe 'Baggy' will win in 3 sets, but i think he will clear this in straight sets. I think this odd is based on the fact that Baghdatis never beat Chardy. But Chardy must make the move from gravel to this surface.
Winner :).

Re: 5th March - 11th March No luck last night, 0/2 for my bets. The King/Pav bet landed right on the 20 line which was unfortunate really, Pav served at *4-5 in both sets to cover it but was broken both times. Dimitrov killed Dodig. +2.98pts profit for Indian Wells now.

Strycova vs Kvitova over 18.5 games 2.160 Pinnacle LOSS
Looked good in the second set, but then Barbora collapsed and did not make a game from being 3-1 up. -2 FLAT units for the event. Taking a break until thigs clear up over the weekend.

Re: 5th March - 11th March ATP Indian Wells - Alberto Ramos - Richard Gasquet OVER 19.5 GAMES @ BET 365 Strength (6/10) Feel the bookies have undestimated Ramos here a little bit and he could put up a bit of a fight. He's played well on the clay swing and the courts here at Indian Wells should suit him as well as they play pretty slow. Gasquet hasn't played for a while since pulling out against Youzhny in Dubai with flu and could be vulnerable early on against a guy who is sharp and feeling fit. We've seen quite a few topsy-turvy matches here already this week and this has all the ingredients to be another so hopefully the trend continues. :hope

Re: 5th March - 11th March Urgh... loss. Staying away from Indian Wells and the tennis for the forseeable future, it feels like the season has started again almost and we need to get a re-read of everyone's form. I think I actually prefer Challenger indoor events than these clowny exhibition type matches we get in these tournaments; way more predictable and stable. Edit: Well I jumped the gun then but I'm still staying away! Gasquet is usually very proficient at taking care of lower ranked guys in these positions, and Ramos looked anaemic, so very surprising he let that one slip.

Re: 5th March - 11th March I found some info on Bettanie Mattek-Sands twitter, posted few minutes ago: "Bethanie MattekSands ‏ @BMATTEK Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Food poisoning last night not fun... I'll just have to keep one of those airplane bags close by today in Dubs!! #TMI??" J.Gajdosova/B.Mattek-Sands - N.Llagostera Vives/A.Parra Santonja 2 @1.75 looks nice :)