** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 10 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Bray Wanderers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Derry City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.05 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Dundalk (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.21 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.47 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v St. Patrick's Athletic (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Wasn't really interested in the games on Friday, plus Ireland were playing so.... But well done McNasara. You got pretty much everything spot on. :clap One pick thus far for tomorrow: Sligo Rovers -v- Dundalk My pick: Sligo Rovers -2AH @ 2.17 odds with Pinnacle Sports (4/10 stakes) Tomorrow evening sees top of the table Sligo Rovers take on bottom of the table Dundalk. This game couldn't come at a worse possible time for Dundalk. Dundalk have lost two huge games the previous two Fridays. Firstly, having been 2-0 up against their biggest rivals Drogheda, they managed to concede a third goal in the 93rd minute to lose the game 3-2. A few days ago they lost what was a '6 pointer' against UCD, in terms of the battle to avoid relegation. UCD won the game 2-1 at Oriel Park, Dundalk's home. As a result, motivation has been utterly drained from the Dundalk's hopes of avoiding a relegation playoff battle. They have 7 games left this season, but have a 7 point gap to overhaul from Bray and UCD. But it is effectively 8 points, given their goal difference. They are almost dead and buried. And only 3 days after losing such a crucial game, they have to travel to the champions elect, Sligo! A team who had a convincing victory last Monday against Bohemians, and have had seven days off to prepare for this game. It is a monumental task for Dundalk. Furthermore, Dundalk have an FAI Cup quarter final this Friday, which I do believe they will take seriously. So they have a lot of games coming up, and this trip to Sligo comes at precisely the wrong time for the club. I think it will be almost impossible for them to get any sort of result, and I have a feeling they could be comprehensively defeated by Sligo Rovers. Dundalk are also missing one of their important midfielders John Mountney through suspension, while Mark O'Brien is also suspended (another midfielder). There are still injury concerns for other important players, whom they just cannot afford to miss against a team of Sligo's quality. Therefore, with all this in mind, I am going to side with Sligo once again, to win well at home. The odds have been set correctly for this fixture, but -2 AH is still good value. Sligo should win by two clear goals, but hopefully they can do better, and with Dundalk's depleted situation (tiredness, motivation and upcoming games of more reality of picking up points and important), there is a good chance Sligo could run riot. Medium stakes, because Sligo are hugely confident now as they close in on the league title that has eluded them for so long, and this is a game they know is a banker as they look for 12 points to win the league.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Sligo Rovers vs Dundalk Leaders against bottom team. Rovers are well rested having not played on Friday, when the Lilywhites lost important home game against second team from bottom. So they have nothing to lose against Sligo, which is a big favorite tonight. Although I don't like games like that, where the leader is the host and a big favorite, I've to take over 3,5 cause expect very open game and perhaps one goal from away side (key fw Shanahan is back for them). over 3,5 @2.51 Pinnacle medium stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Drogheda Utd vs Derry City I just have to take Drogs who are already beat the Candystripes twice this season (3:0, 2:0). Home team is in better shape and have McNally (key df) and G. Brennan (key mf) back from suspension, while midfielders Foley and R. Brennan are doubtful. It is true that they are playing better away, but coach Devine might rest a few regulars (key defender Madden and topscorer McLaughlin) since this is the fourth game in ten days for them. In addition, McBride, Greacen, Morrison and Patterson are absent. It will be a very tight game, but home odds are too good to be missed. Drogs @2.60 Pinnacle medium stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Cork City vs Bray Wanderers I guess both teams will play with the strongest line-up, as they have no game next Friday. Dunleavy (reg df) is injured, but D. Horgan (key mf) is back from suspension for the Rebels. On the other side, the Seagulls will be without suspended topscorer Byrne and key midfielder Zambra. I think home side is closer to win and that odds are in place, so I'll try with asian handicap here. Cork (-1) AH @2.72 Pinnacle low stake Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians The biggest Dublin derby where home side have two regular defenders (Sives and Powell) doubtful, while Bohs missing their captain Heary (another defender). The fact that four of the last six meetings between the clubs have seen a red card suggests how unpredictable these games can be. No bet Shelbourne vs St Patricks Ath Another Dublin derby. Shels have three regulars back from suspension, but reg midfielders Kavanagh and Gronin are banned for this game, while Pats have a few doubtful players. Both teams were playing without top scorers on Friday, the big question is how will their line-ups look tonight. No bet

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 CORK CITY - BRAY WANDERERS Cork topscorers : O'Neill (9 goals), Sullivan (9 goals) and Horgan (5 goals). Bray topscorers : Jason Byrne (13 goals) with Waters (6 goals). 3,2 goals per game is the average of Cork at home while Bray scored in 10 of their 13 away games. Gary Buckley (18 years old) scored his first goal in his first appearance with Cork friday. The two last PL games of Wanderers finished with +3,5 goals. Cork with an average of 1,5 goals per half-time at home. Cork, 6th, scored in 11/13 receptions and they'd win tonight so I see them scoring. Bray, 10th, need points to stay away from relegation (only 6pts over Dundalk, last). Premier 2012 Meetings : Cork 1-1 Bray & Bray 0-3 Cork. Bray traveled 220km to southern Cork City. I see an early score opening here with a total of +2,5 goals. Over 2,5 @ 1.70 MDJS

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012

Sligo Rovers 3:0 Dundalk Leaders against bottom team. Rovers are well rested having not played on Friday, when the Lilywhites lost important home game against second team from bottom. So they have nothing to lose against Sligo, which is a big favorite tonight. Although I don't like games like that, where the leader is the host and a big favorite, I've to take over 3,5 cause expect very open game and perhaps one goal from away side (key fw Shanahan is back for them). over 3,5 @2.51 Pinnacle medium stake :(
Drogheda Utd 2:1 Derry City I just have to take Drogs who are already beat the Candystripes twice this season (3:0, 2:0). Home team is in better shape and have McNally (key df) and G. Brennan (key mf) back from suspension, while midfielders Foley and R. Brennan are doubtful. It is true that they are playing better away, but coach Devine might rest a few regulars (key defender Madden and topscorer McLaughlin) since this is the fourth game in ten days for them. In addition, McBride, Greacen, Morrison and Patterson are absent. It will be a very tight game, but home odds are too good to be missed. Drogs @2.60 Pinnacle medium stake :clap
Cork City 2:0 Bray Wanderers I guess both teams will play with the strongest line-up, as they have no game next Friday. Dunleavy (reg df) is injured, but D. Horgan (key mf) is back from suspension for the Rebels. On the other side, the Seagulls will be without suspended topscorer Byrne and key midfielder Zambra. I think home side is closer to win and that odds are in place, so I'll try with asian handicap here. Cork (-1) AH @2.72 Pinnacle low stake :clap Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians The biggest Dublin derby where home side have two regular defenders (Sives and Powell) doubtful, while Bohs missing their captain Heary (another defender). The fact that four of the last six meetings between the clubs have seen a red card suggests how unpredictable these games can be. No bet Shelbourne vs St Patricks Ath Another Dublin derby. Shels have three regulars back from suspension, but reg midfielders Kavanagh and Gronin are banned for this game, while Pats have a few doubtful players. Both teams were playing without top scorers on Friday, the big question is how will their line-ups look tonight. No bet
Best striker Quigley left the pitch after just half an hour due to injury, so my over at the Showgrounds is lost. However good night with another valuable bets, for MN too ;) The Hoops are the biggest losers tonight.

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 21 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Sligo Rovers (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Cork City FC (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v UCD (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v Shelbourne FC (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

The FAI has today confirmed that the 2013 season will again see a twelve team Premier Division. There had been moves by some clubs to push for all teams to compete in one division next season – especially following Monaghan United’s exit from the League of Ireland. Their departure cut the League of Ireland’s membership to just nineteen clubs and means if no clubs leave or join in the close season then next season’s First Division would have just seven teams. The FAI are now looking for expressions of interest from clubs or “new entities” to fill next season’s First Division.
:ok

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Bray v Sligo Five of last six mutual games at Carlisle Ground were finished wit three or more goals. Home top scorer Byrne is back, while away side is without three regular defenders (Keane, Davoren and Peers). over 2,5 @1.82 Ladbrokes medium stake

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 poor last pick, 0:0 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 25 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 28 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:05 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.25 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Bohemians (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Bray Wanderers (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 29 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Derry City (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Choosing this pick even though it is a big Dublin derby match. St. Patricks Athletic -v- Shamrock Rovers My pick: St. Patricks Athletic -0.25AH @ 1.92 with Pinnacle (5/10 units) Tonight’s game is most likely Shamrock Rovers last chance to give themselves a chance of qualifying for Europe next season. A year ago it would have been unthinkable that they would fail to qualify for Europe in 2012, but it is looking very possible now. They simply have not been good enough this season and although they have sacked Stephen Kenny only a few weeks ago, a lot of blame must also be apportioned to the players. Many of their big name players have underperformed this season, and as a result they find themselves in 4th place, five points behind St. Patricks Athletic. St. Pats have home advantage tonight and come into this game in good form. They’ve actually played Drogheda twice before this game, and have to play them again this Friday. Both previous games against Drogheda were cup fixtures, and so St. Pats have had a full week off. They have one or two injury concerns going into this game, but otherwise should have a strong team available, and I expect their main goalscoring threat Christy Fagan to be available tonight. On the other side of things, Shamrock Rovers come into this game with a new manager, Brian Laws, who has only been at the club a week now. For his first game, he oversaw Rovers lose 3-1 in the League Cup final (at their own ground) at the weekend to Drogheda United, and having watched the game I can safely say there are no signs that Laws will be able to turn around the fortunes of Shamrock Rovers. The same problems existed on the pitch for the team as have existed all season. Shamrock Rovers have quite a few injury and suspension concerns going into tonight’s game. Ciaran Kilduff is certainly out of tonight’s game with an ankle injury. Conor Powell was sent off in the final on Saturday, and so must serve his suspension tonight, while Pat Sullivan and Stephen Rice are also suspended. They are all important players for Rovers and the pressure is on them tonight to win this game. Anything less than a win for Rovers will all but end their faint hopes of climbing the table into a European qualification place. I don’t expect Rovers to be able to take anything from this game tonight. The most I expect them to do is draw the game. But I honestly feel with the conditions present for both clubs that St. Pats will win this game tonight. St. Pats have an excellent home record and do not concede many at all in Richmond Park. The only concern I have is whether St. Pats will score or not. They should, because Rovers defence looks horrid right now, and without Conor Powell and Pat Sullivan, they will be doing well to put out a competent and reliable defence. Therefore I think medium stakes is very worthwhile on a -0.25 AH line for St. Pats. St. Pats will not lose this game, they may end up settling for a draw if they cannot find a goal, as the game draws to a close, but they won’t lose. Rovers season is falling apart, and Saturday proved Laws will not be able to fix the already disastrous season. Therefore I feel confident enough for this bet to be medium stakes.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Well done mate, I waited starting away line-up before placing a bet and and when I saw that in addition to the above mentioned players there is no Oman in defense I took two small bets (win and over1,5 for Pats). Is there title hopes for the Saints...(my long term bet)... It seems difficult, but anything is possible, I love LoI :drums

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Thanks McNasara. I just knew Rovers would lose again after watching them on Saturday and attending their last home league game against Bohs. Their players are just not motivated anymore. They still have an outside shot at top 3, but realistically they have to win every single game now. The run-in for the league title begins to heat up from now on! Sligo have an incredibly difficult five fixtures, but I guess this is the test they will need to pass if they want to win the league. I hope they do (not in spite of your bet, but because I really want to see the league title go to that part of Ireland, as the league is way too Dublin-focused). LoI has been very profitable to me in recent months, so I am loving it too! Well done on your bets too.

I hope they do (not in spite of your bet, but because I really want to see the league title go to that part of Ireland, as the league is way too Dublin-focused).
You wanna a repeat of 2007. (Loi - Drogheda; FAI cup - Cork; League cup - Derry) :D Drogheda won the League Cup, Sligo is the closest to title, and Derry and Dundalk have a chance in the FAI Cup. Yet I must admit, Pats are my favorite team in there and I'd like to at least win the Cup after half a century.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Two matches which I want to bet on tonight: UCD -v- Bohemians My pick: UCD +0.25AH @ 1.78 odds with Pinnacle (2/10 units) Tonight sees UCD take on Bohemians at their home ground. With the season drawing to a close, there is very little left for either team to play for in the league, but I think UCD are being priced incorrectly for this game. Firstly, UCD need one more win to be absolutely certain of their place in the league for next season. With more difficult ties to come (Shamrock Rovers, St. Pats, Shelbourne and Drogheda) this is probably their best chance to pick up a win. They are all but safe anyway, but one more win would seal the situation. Furthermore, UCD have shown great form in the last few matches. They play good football and have done so all season. They are a young team, but very organised, and although they suffered heavily from injuries during the season, they now have many of their players fit. UCD also have revenge to seek on Bohemians, considering they've lost twice out of the two previous league games against Bohs this season - and I think therefore they will have a point to prove in this game, which should give them an added advantage. Bohemians on the other side of things are definitely without anything left to play for this season in terms of the league and their position. The only thing left for the players is the issue of renewed contracts. Again Bohs are a very young team too and are very organised under their manager Aaron Callaghan. They lack somebody who can score goals and this has been their biggest issue all season. Tonight they are missing two key midfield players; Keith Ward and Keith Buckley through suspension. Both players have been integral parts in midfield for the club and certainly in terms of creativity. There is also doubts about whether Evan McMillan will be available, and he has been their key player this season - as a centre half he is their top goalscorer. I think their player absences give them a disadvantage for this game. Finally it should be noted that Bohs have only one 4 away games all season. One of them was obviously against UCD, but in that game Bohs had their best team out. Even though Bohs last away game was an excellent victory away to Shamrock Rovers, I just cannot see them motivated enough to win this game. Therefore, with all that has been said above, a line of +0.25AH on UCD is great value and should be taken with a small stake. Drogheda -v- St.Patricks Athletic My pick: Drogheda +0.5AH @ 1.86 odds with pinnacle (2/10 units) My 2nd pick: Draw @ 3.47 odds with pinnacle (1/10 units) Tonight's game between Drogheda United and St. Patricks Athletic is a potentially huge game in terms of the impact it could have for the title challenge this season. It is also live on tv, and I will be watching this game with interest. The situation is as follows; St Pats are in 2nd place in the league, 6 points behind Sligo, while Drogheda are in 3rd place in the league, 7 points behind Sligo. Both teams still have to play Sligo before the season is over, and therefore both teams will believe they are still in with a shot for the league title. Therefore, whoever wins this game can go forward and give Sligo one last challenge, while the losers will most likely have to settle for 3rd in the league. The stakes are massive therefore for this game. But... let's consider the rest of the situation. Drogheda have only lost three league games all season at home - twice against Shamrock Rovers and once against Sligo. Both teams have played each other 4 times this season, 3 of the matches ending in a draw (two of which were in the cup quarter final recently), the other ending in a 2-0 win for Drogheda at Richmond Park. St. Pats haven't lost a single game away all season in the league, but have drawn all their away games against Drogheda, Sligo and Shamrock Rovers. Furthermore, Drogheda won the League Cup final last weekend. They probably spent a day or two celebrating, but now will be fully focused on the league and their aspirations of an outside shot at the title. It is all they have left to play for this season, and the cup victory over Shamrock Rovers will give them an added boost in confidence I feel. St. Pats played Shamrock Rovers in a very tough Dublin derby only three days ago, and like Drogheda, are also faced with another league tie in 3 days time on Monday evening. St. Pats also are in the FAI Cup semi final and will be playing Dundalk in a week's time. They will be gunning for both the cup and the league for the remainder of the season, but it should be considered that they are trying to win the FAI Cup for the first time in 51 years, and game so very close last season, losing in a semi final replay. Drogheda are without Declan O'Brien tonight, who is a very important player for the club. He is one of their two goalscoring forwards, and so his absence will be a blow. But otherwise they have a strong team available. St. Pats have a certain number of doubts going into this game, but probably should have a strong team available too. Tiredness could be an issue after Tuesday's game however, and although it is unlikely to be a big issue, it could make a difference in the latter part of this match - especially since they have a more hectic schedule ahead of them. In summary, the odds available are generous. St. Pats are almost evens favourite, which I think is incorrect. This game has a draw written all over it, mainly because I don't think either team has enough to beat the other team. Both teams will try to win this game, and maybe neither team will end up settling for a draw, but as I've described above, I cannot see Drogheda losing the game, and I don't think St. Pats will have enough to beat them. Both teams are likely to put 5 men in midfield making it a battle of a contest. This could be a low scoring game, and will likely be a tense affair. Therefore, this line of +0.5AH on Drogheda is worth a low stakes bet. I'd probably put a bet on Shamrock Rovers to trash Dundalk with the team news available (Dundalk have many big absences), but I just cannot rely upon Shamrock Rovers. They should win, but to bet on them at -1.5AH is way too dodgey considering the state of their defence.

UCD -v- Bohemians My pick: UCD +0.25AH @ 1.78 odds with Pinnacle (2/10 units) Therefore, with all that has been said above, a line of +0.25AH on UCD is great value and should be taken with a small stake.
Great write up MHN (if UCD are great value, isn't it worth a large stake?)

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Two wins and a half win last night. Took two stoppage time Bohs goals (with 10 men!) to ruin a full win in that game. Oh well! Great comeback by Bohs again... they've done it quite a few times this season. And also, Shamrock Rovers completely trashed Dundalk! 7-0!!

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Drogheda United -v- Shelbourne, Monday 7.45pm Irish time My pick: Drogheda United to win, @ 1.8 odds with Stan James (4/10 units) I'm taking this pick before the team news, because I have a feeling Shelbourne could put out a weakened team for this away trip to Drogheda. With the end of the season drawing to a near, Shelbourne have nothing left to play for in the league. However, at the end of this week (next Sunday) they have an FAI cup semi final to look towards. Having played already on Friday, they are more than likely going to change their personnel to prepare properly for the cup tie at the weekend. On the other side of things, Drogheda must keep fighting to ensure they at the very least finish in the top three in the league. They know that Shamrock Rovers will renew their attempts to take a top three spot, and therefore European qualification for the remainder of the season, and therefore they must keep them at bay. But they also have a small chance of the title as well, although at this stage it would take a huge collapse from Sligo. Still, they do have to play Sligo, so it is not impossible. And they don't have anything else left to play for, other than their league aspirations. So in reality, there is only one team going to be motivated properly for this game tomorrow, and there's a good chance that Shelbourne will put out a weakened team. Drogheda have a full squad to choose from for this tie, other than the suspension of Alan McNally. Declan O'Brien returns from suspension and therefore Drogheda will resume with two up front, and therefore they will score. Finally, Drogheda have beaten Shelbourne twice already this season in the league. These odds are likely to fall fast, so better to take the early bet now I feel. Medium stakes because this is a bit of a mis-match given the motivation of both sides.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Spot on, have been eyeing this one for a week now, Drogs should be a cracking bet. I'd be surprised if they don't win it comfortably. I also like UCD to keep things interesting tonight, I don't see St Pats clearing the AH without Bolger, Chambers and Russel feeding balls upfront, Kenna is a doubt too. Pinny had UCD (+1.5 AH) at 1.76 earlier, had to have a slice of it.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Was only thinking the same thing earlier about UCD on such a handicap. Definitely worth a go with Pats' missings, and potentially being more motivated about their semi on Sunday too. UCD have been playing great recently too and could make it tough. Gonna avoid it myself but it has legs!

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Well done :clap [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 2 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Dundalk (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Derry City v Dundalk FC Derry boss Declan Devine has targeted Sunday’s Cup semi final as a crucial game in the club’s season, and may rest a number of players tonight. Due to injuries and suspensions Derry City will miss Higgins (26/1 m), Molloy (21/0 m), McLaughlin (22/9 f), Brolly (5/1 m) and Patterson (13/5 f). pick X2

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Both teams have suffered heavy defeats in last round and will play Cup semifinals next weekend. Besides Derry's absences (post above), guests arrive without regular striker Griffin while another important forward Rafter is doubtful. Match between two lowest scoring teams in league is more important for Dundalk and their odds are attractive. However, I expect slow and cautious play on both sides, so can see under2.5 as the best solution there. under 2,5 @2.03 Pinnacle low stake

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 5 October 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Sligo Rovers (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]