** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 2 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Bohemians (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Bray Wanderers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Cork City FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Monaghan United v Dundalk (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.86 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Sligo Rovers (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 According to changes during the break, it seems to me that the Saints and Shamrock are best tips, but I'm not sure if there have values. Something more about all the matches, when I read team news. edit: Yep, Drogs will be weakened so Rovers -1 will be my the first pick here, only to wait for odds at local ;)

Re: Irish Football 1st Week (02/03/12) Preview Suggested bets: 1.5 points Drogheda V Shamrock. Double result (half-time/full-time) Draw/Shamrock (@ 4.5 with Betfred, BetInternet and Ladbrokes). 1.5 points Drogheda V Shamrock. Double result Shamrock/Shamrock 1.5 points (@1.91 with Coral). 2 points St. Patrick’s V Bray. Asian Handicap Bray +1.25 (@1.94 with 12Bet, 1.93 Pinnacle, 1.92 BetInternet, 188Bet, 1.9 Ladbrokes, Bet365). Champions Shamrock have won the last 7 league encounters between these two with an aggregate score of 18-0. Drogheda enter this season with more optimism though, with manager Mick Cooke bringing in a number of new-recruits, including half a team from his former club Monaghan! However, if anything, Shamrock are also stronger still this year and should be too good not to prevail here. With Shamrock winning by 2 goals or more at around evens, it’s worth noting that they only won 2 away games by more than 1 goal last season (and one of those was against heavy strugglers Galway). Additionally, Drogheda made a habit of losing by a solitary goal, doing so on 10 occasions, albeit mainly against the lesser sides. This was less so against the better sides, but they should be better equipped this time around. So, all in all, the handicaps are not attractive either way. Similarly, despite the scores between these two over the last couple of seasons, Shamrock have rarely won to nil away from home so a ‘win to nil’ bet doesn’t appeal either. An angle of interest lies in the double result (or half-time/full-time) market. Shamrock to be winning at half-time and full-time is a best priced 1.91 with Coral. A half-time draw and full-time win for Shamrock is 4.5 with Betfred, BetInternet and Ladbrokes. Anthing other than one of these two outcomes would be a surprise (a straight Shamrock win is 1.36 at best). The value here is to back the draw/Shamrock and use the win/win as a saver. Over the last 2 seasons the Hoops have had 10 draw/wins and 7 win/win results away from home. Moreover, 5 of the last 6 away wins were in this manner. (New manager Stephen Kenny’s results with Derry last season also support this.) Advising 1.5 point on Shamrock/Shamrock @ 1.91 and 1.5 points on draw/Shamrock @ 4.5 results in a loss of a mere 0.135 for the former and a profit of 3.75 for the latter. For such strong favourites this represents a great risk/reward ratio. In advising a +1.25 for Bray on the Asian Handicap the first thing to note is that, ignoring matches against the bottom two strugglers, this bet would have won on ALL of St Patrick’s home games last season, 10 completely and the other 4 half-winning and the other half of the stake returned. But, 16 players have left and 14 joined since then. Whilst those 2 things may seem to cancel out each other, together they give an idea of where St Pat’s are at the moment. A top four finish is likely, but this number of changes is going to take a while to settle and a comfortable win is far from the certainty the odds suggest. Similarly and additionally, Bray only lost by 2 goals or more against Shamrock and Sligo on their travels and have had fewer changes to cope with. A bottom-half season is probable but this a chance to get something on the board and a loss by a single goal still wins half the bet with the other half of the stake being returned- a little bit of value worth a small investment. Elsewhere, Bohemians travel to Derry with the home win as low as 1.6. Whilst Derry should be favourites after a 3rd place finish and with relatively few changes to their squad against a vastly different visiting side, the Bohs should still be competitive this season and Derry’s record last season (3 wins from 10 home games against the top 6) means this one is best avoided at these odds. Both sides have progressed in the Setanta Cup too. Newly promoted Monaghan host Dundalk, having lost six players who featured in their play-off success over Galway (all to Drogheda). Although another 6 have replaced them, their place in the higher league is likely to be a tough challenge. Dundalk are another club that’s made many changes over the winter with a new manager and too many different players to have too much of an idea whether or not they’re likely to be significantly stronger this season. With 5 injury doubts prompting a number of under 19s to be promoted to their squad for their opener, it’d be as bold to back them first-up as it would Monaghan. UCD finished last season with 5 home wins from 6 and with largely the same young squad an additional season’s experience should see them in better stead this time around. However, their first visitors are Cork, First Division winners (just) in no small thanks to being unbeaten away from home in 2011. With around evens for an away victory or UCD to get something from this tie, it’s of no value appeal. Despite a late change of manager, Sligo still have the same defensive unit which was the tightest in the league last season. However, Greene, Blinkhorn and Doyle have departed taking much of Sligo’s goal-threat with them. The result might well be some low-scoring encounters. That said, their trip to Shelbourne – a repeat of last season’s Cup final and likely to be equally close- doesn’t appeal at 1.8 on under 2.5 goals against a capable side. Furthermore, ignoring against the bottom two, 12 of Sligo’s 14 away games last season were either drawn or won by a solitary goal for either side, so a closer look at these two is required before investing on results markets.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Drogheda United v Shamrock Rovers Rovers are seventeen games unbeaten against Drogheda in all competitions (won the last six meetings, all in the league without conceding a goal). The defending champions have a new coach Stephen Kenny who have good record with Derry at Hunky Dorys Park previous seasons. Several important players left team, but they brought the ideal replacement. On the other hand, Drogs have lost their top scorer last season, but six players arrived for Monaghan. I guess that Drogheda will have better results than last season, but in the first match play against the best league team. In addition, Mick Cooke has a lot of problems with absences: Crowley, O'Brien and Mulvenna are injured, while Foley and all three brothers Brennan are suspended. The Hoops will be without newcomers Kavanagh and Winn, while Finn and McCabe are doubtful. In the absence of several strikers on both sides, I expect team with a stronger defense to win tonight. In this case I said Rovers course, led by captain Oman in defense. Several bets for this one at my local (mozzart). Shamrock Rovers @1.40 7/10 Rovers win to nil @2.05 2/10

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Not much to add re: Shamrock Rovers. They should be much too strong for a depleted Drogheda, but given it is first game of the season, and live on tv, will not get fancy with any handicaps and just play the straight win. Also like St Pats to have too much for much changed Bray Wanderers. Despite losing 1-0, Pats played some lovely football in their Setanta Cup home game against Cliftonville. They could and should of been a few up at half time. Bray have a number of key missings. Nothing fancy for me, just a straight double 3pts Sham Rovers & St Pats @1.89 - Paddypower :hope

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 St. Patrick’s Athletic v Bray Wanderers Home team is much changed compared to last season, but expectations are high with new-old coach. The Seagulls lost their two top scorer of last season (Kelly moved to Pats). Anyway, enough my showing season bets (see preview) cause I expect the Saints on the top (with Rovers) and Bray on the bottom this season. Only thing concerns me is the beginning of the season for the Saints with a new coach and many new players. New signings Fagan, Price and Bolger are out for home team, while away side will be without Brennan, Doyle, O'Connor and Knight. Since this is only the first round, this match is not easy to predict. As I said, the Saints are favorites here, but it takes time to achieve compactness in their play. However I found value at local, again. St Patrick's @1.55 4/10

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Derry City vs Bohemians Both teams have new coaches and both are weakened compared to last season. Yet the Candystripes are better side and have home advantage. Also, they have lost their European place to Bohemians this season (due to suspension), so they will have a big motive tonight. Derry and Farren are out for home side, while Mulcahy is away absence. I think Derry City is closer to win, but have no value imo. Both teams have all five wins this year, so and tonight I expect an offensive game from both sides. over 2 @1.80 bet365 3/10

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Monaghan United v Dundalk And these two rivals are weaker than last year, so think they will look for best results at home. The Lilywhites had a better pre season, but home team have better coach, imo (from whom would depend on their season). Quinn is home absence, and on the other hand Foran, Shields, McDonnell, O'Neill and Shanahan are all doubtful, while Griffin is out for away side. This will be Monaghan United’s first game in top league after their 10-year exile, so I expect a very motivated players with coach Roddy Collins. By the way, this is the Northeast derby where Dundalk haven't won in the last seven away games. Monaghan Utd or draw @1.62 bet365 3/10 Shelbourne v Sligo Rovers and UCD v Cork City no bet. Bets are placed and see how we go with the new season... GL folks

Not much to add re: Shamrock Rovers. They should be much too strong for a depleted Drogheda, but given it is first game of the season, and live on tv, will not get fancy with any handicaps and just play the straight win. Also like St Pats to have too much for much changed Bray Wanderers. Despite losing 1-0, Pats played some lovely football in their Setanta Cup home game against Cliftonville. They could and should of been a few up at half time. Bray have a number of key missings. Nothing fancy for me, just a straight double 3pts Sham Rovers & St Pats @1.89 - Paddypower :hope
Bet won. Glad I didn't get involved in handicaps, with both winning by the odd goal.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012

Drogheda United 1:2 Shamrock Rovers Rovers are seventeen games unbeaten against Drogheda in all competitions (won the last six meetings, all in the league without conceding a goal). The defending champions have a new coach Stephen Kenny who have good record with Derry at Hunky Dorys Park previous seasons. Several important players left team, but they brought the ideal replacement. On the other hand, Drogs have lost their top scorer last season, but six players arrived for Monaghan. I guess that Drogheda will have better results than last season, but in the first match play against the best league team. In addition, Mick Cooke has a lot of problems with absences: Crowley, O'Brien and Mulvenna are injured, while Foley and all three brothers Brennan are suspended. The Hoops will be without newcomers Kavanagh and Winn, while Finn and McCabe are doubtful. In the absence of several strikers on both sides, I expect team with a stronger defense to win tonight. In this case I said Rovers course, led by captain Oman in defense. Several bets for this one at my local (mozzart). Shamrock Rovers @1.40 7/10 :clap Rovers win to nil @2.05 2/10 :(
St. Patrick’s Athletic 1:0 Bray Wanderers Home team is much changed compared to last season, but expectations are high with new-old coach. The Seagulls lost their two top scorer of last season (Kelly moved to Pats). Anyway, enough my showing season bets (see preview) cause I expect the Saints on the top (with Rovers) and Bray on the bottom this season. Only thing concerns me is the beginning of the season for the Saints with a new coach and many new players. New signings Fagan, Price and Bolger are out for home team, while away side will be without Brennan, Doyle, O'Connor and Knight. Since this is only the first round, this match is not easy to predict. As I said, the Saints are favorites here, but it takes time to achieve compactness in their play. However I found value at local, again. St Patrick's @1.55 4/10 :clap
Derry City 1:0 Bohemians Both teams have new coaches and both are weakened compared to last season. Yet the Candystripes are better side and have home advantage. Also, they have lost their European place to Bohemians this season (due to suspension), so they will have a big motive tonight. Derry and Farren are out for home side, while Mulcahy is away absence. I think Derry City is closer to win, but have no value imo. Both teams have all five wins this year, so and tonight I expect an offensive game from both sides. over 2 @1.80 bet365 3/10 :(
Monaghan United 0:0 Dundalk And these two rivals are weaker than last year, so think they will look for best results at home. The Lilywhites had a better pre season, but home team have better coach, imo (from whom would depend on their season). Quinn is home absence, and on the other hand Foran, Shields, McDonnell, O'Neill and Shanahan are all doubtful, while Griffin is out for away side. This will be Monaghan United’s first game in top league after their 10-year exile, so I expect a very motivated players with coach Roddy Collins. By the way, this is the Northeast derby where Dundalk haven't won in the last seven away games. Monaghan Utd or draw @1.62 bet365 3/10 :clap Shelbourne v Sligo Rovers and UCD v Cork City no bet. Bets are placed and see how we go with the new season... GL folks
it will be a better next time...

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 9 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v Shelbourne FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.41 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.68 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Derry City (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.23 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v St. Patrick's Athletic (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.08 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Monaghan United (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 10 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v UCD (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Early one for me, and back to the cookie jar with Shamrock Rovers. They host new promoted, and much changed, Monaghan on Friday night. Rovers got the job done last week against a spirited Drogheda side, who I would rate better than Monaghan. From reports, their 0-0 with Dundalk was a poor quality affair. I don't have team news for Monaghan, but heard their manager Roddy Collins on the radio earlier in the week saying he has 4 injury concerns after their opener. For Shams, Kilduff, Mc Cormack & Winn miss out, but I don;t see this as significant. Shamrock Rovers -1 EH is priced between 1.66 - 1.80, and so I was suprised to see Victor Chandler offer 1.91 on the -1.5AH. Think there is some value in this. 3pts Sham Rovers -1.5AH - Victor Chandler :hope Drogheda look big at 6.0 for their visit to Cork. May take them on some sort of handicap. Also the under 2.5 @1.8 with Victor Chandler looks tempting. Still to decide.....

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Ah Kiddo and McNasara, see we're going in similar ways this week. GL all! Suggested Bets: Shamrock V Monaghan. Shamrock -1.75 Asian handicap. 3 points (@ 2.25 12Bet, 2.2 Bet365, 2.18 BetVictor, 2.18 Ladbrokes). Bohemains V Shelbourne. Shelbourne +0 Asian handicap or Draw No Bet . 2 points (@ 2.11 BetVictor, 2.1 PaddyPower, 2.1 WilliamHill). Dundalk V St. Patrick’s. St. Pat’s -0.25 Asian handicap. 3 points (best made by putting 1.5 points on St. Pats win @ 2.38 with PaddyPower and WilliamHill and 1.5 points on Draw No Bet @ 1.7 with WilliamHill). (Suggested bank 100 points, max bet 10 points. Record so far: staked 5pts, returned 9.69pts.) Whilst wary of backing Shamrock on handicaps away, I’m far less so at home. After dominating the first-half last week against Drogheda and then taking the lead, manager Kelly rightly wasn’t pleased they failed to put the game to bed. This reaction actually adds to my belief this won’t happen at home to Monaghan and a bigger win is on the cards. Last season the Hoops won 7 out of 8 home games against the bottom 4 by 2 goals or more (including 5 by 3 or more and 5 to nil) and won 2-0 in the Setanta on Monday night against Cliftonville despite a few changes in personnel (by choice) and Monaghan’s 0-0 at home against a depleted Dundalk (who I also expect to be well down in the lower regions) has also added to this. Expecting to find the Asian line at -2, I’m delighted to be able to get on -1.75 at over evens. With half stake winning and half returned for a 2 goal win and a +2 win more likely than less or not at all, even at this early stage it’s certainly worth a 3 point stake. Bohemians are much changed and their visitors Shelbourne quite settled in comparison. I’m expecting both to be mid-table, but Shelbourne just the higher of the two. Despite conceding late on, a point against Sligo was not a bad start and as Bohs have been made favourites here there might be some value in the backing of continuity. Additionally, Bohs have 6 out and failed to score last Friday and again on Monday. I want to be with Shels here, but be safe if a draw, so a draw no bet above evens suits for a 2 point stake. Dundalk have 3 out and 3 doubts for their hosting of St Pat’s and manager McCaffrey this week admitted that he expects it to take until mid-season until his squad show their best, needing to gel and gain experience. St Pat’s have Kelly and Fagan suspended but Bolger’s suspension has ended and have no injury doubts. It may take them a while to gel as well, but created a decent amount of chances against Bray, should be much the stronger side and have won 7 and drawn twice in their last 9 visits here. Last season they won 8/10 of their away games to the bottom half and Dundalk lost 5 home games against the top half, winning just the once. At evens for St Pat’s -0.25 on the Asian handicap, giving half stake back for a draw, this represents a great chance to double up with a reduced risk so gets another 3 point stake for what should be an away victory. A similar story for Bray V Derry with the home-side likely to be in the bottom few, the away in the top 4. Bray have a poor record hosting such teams, Derry a good record on the road against the weaker teams and Bray have a few injuries and a suspension. But Bray may put up a decent fight and Byrne’s a threat but the biggest difference is that whereas St Pat’s are around 2.35 to win at Dundalk, Derry are only 1.75 at best to win at Bray. There’s no value here at that price so one I’ll leave alone. Sligo are rightly strong favourites at home to UCD and were apparently very impressive when winning 2-0 on Monday at home to Glentoran and could have won at Shelbourne despite being down to 10 men. But the man sent off man was Quigley and with their loses and unavailables being goal-threats, I’m tentative about backing them on the handicaps. UCD are as capable of scoring as any of the likely lower placed sides and if so, there’s enough doubt not to back Sligo to get 3 or more just yet. Cork might be expected to beat Drogheda but after losing at UCD and with Drogheda putting in a plucky, if not threatening, effort in losing to Shamrock, odds of 1.7 for a home win don’t appeal. Drogs were brave at the back and with Cork failing to score and the Brennan trio returning from suspension for the visitors, this is another I’ll miss at this stage. Much more will be learned in the coming weeks.

I've already taken two... St Patrick's DNB @1.70 Hill Drogheda Utd +1 @1.68 Pinnacle Bohemians vs Shelbourne play North Dublin derby... Detailed about all matches tomorrow... :ok
What should I add when @Vipers has already wrote everything. :clap Good luck who follows this thread... ;) Bohemians v Shelbourne Shels probably have value, but this is a big derby where I don't want to take part this time. Bray Wanderers v Derry City The Candystripes have lost value, but I expect these two teams to continue their tradition. over 2,5 @2.35 Pinnacle 2/10 Cork City v Drogheda Utd I have decided since I watched details of the first round. The Rebel Army have a lot of absences, and away side have a few returns. Drogs +1 @1.68 Pinnacle 4/10 Dundalk v St Patrick's Ath Both teams have a lot of new players this year, but the quality is on away side. It has been proven in the first round games. Pats DNB @1.70 William Hill 6/10 Shamrock Rovers v Monaghan Utd The strongest against the weakest team in the league, imo. However, this is only the beginning of the season and I won't risk investment with low odds.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Bohs -v- Shels Both Teams To Score @ 2.2 odds with William Hill (1/10) This is the first North Dublin derby in the league since 2006 and with it being the 2nd game of the season for both teams, this looks set to be a hotly contested game. Bohs have begun the season exceptionally well, considering they have completely changed their squad. They are looking like an extremely well organised outfit, that perhaps lack goals. Shels will be well up for this game, carrying through from last season their promotion confidence. In Phil Hughes they have a goalscorer and a good one at that. I believe there is a good chance of there being a goal from either team tonight, and the odds are good value. There won't be many goals, but the odds for under 2.5 goals are ridiculously poor. So well worth a bet!

What should I add when @Vipers has already wrote everything. :clap Good luck who follows this thread... ;) Bohemians 0:2 Shelbourne Shels probably have value, but this is a big derby where I don't want to take part this time. Bray Wanderers 0:4 Derry City The Candystripes have lost value, but I expect these two teams to continue their tradition. over 2,5 @2.35 Pinnacle 2/10 :clap Cork City 2:3 Drogheda Utd I have decided since I watched details of the first round. The Rebel Army have a lot of absences, and away side have a few returns. Drogs +1 @1.68 Pinnacle 4/10 :clap Dundalk 0:2 St Patrick's Ath Both teams have a lot of new players this year, but the quality is on away side. It has been proven in the first round games. Pats DNB @1.70 William Hill 6/10 :clap Shamrock Rovers v Monaghan Utd The strongest against the weakest team in the league, imo. However, this is only the beginning of the season and I won't risk investment with low odds.
:cigar :cigar :cigar

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 :clap Great stuff, very well done Vipers & McNasara. Superb show. Feel a bit embarrassed that I needed an injury time winner to get my odds on tip home, but a winner is a winner. Haven't read up on the match reports tonight, but a good start to the season all round :ok

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 16 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cork City FC v Shamrock Rovers (19:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.73 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Drogheda United v Dundalk (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sligo Rovers v Bohemians (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] St. Patrick's Athletic v Monaghan United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] UCD v Bray Wanderers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shelbourne FC v Derry City (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Suggested Bets: Cork V Shamrock. Over 2.5 goals. 2 points (@ 1.98 Pinnacle, 188bet, SBOBet, 1.95 Various). Drogheda V Dundalk. Drogheda win. 2 points (@ 2.25 888Sport, Blue Square, 2.2 Ladbrokes, expect, Paddy Power.) St. Patrick’s V Monaghan. St Pat’s -1.5 Asian Handicap or -1 European Handicap (same bet). 2 points (@ 2.1 888Sport, Blue Square (both EH), 2.08 12Bet, 2.04 SBOBet, 2.03 188Bet (all AH)). Following losing at home at Drogheda (2-3), after having a two-goal lead, Cork manager Dunne commented: ‘we didn’t defend right from start to finish…. If we’re going to defend like that then there’s a long season ahead of us.’ It’s now 8 months and twelve home games since Cork’s last clean sheet at Turner’s Cross. At the other end, it’s now 16 goals for Cork in their last 5 homes, admittedly against lesser opposition, and Cork created a fair amount of chances last week as well- a more than half-serious comment on MNS suggested the game could have ended 8 all. Shamrock have all of their first-choice attacking players available, with Twigg- 61 league goals since 2009- looking particularly sharp and scoring a brace at Drogheda. Greene, acquired from Sligo shortly before the start of the season and capable of playing up-front or out wide, with a pre-season hat-trick behind him and a coolly taken finish after coming on last week, is likely to start on the bench once more- underlining their options and depth going forward. Despite generally low-scoring games on the road last-season, Shams haven’t looked particularly secure at the back either, particularly in the air, and have conceded a soft-goal from a set-piece in both games so far. The odds on an away victory seem quite reasonable but even though it’s 2 wins for Shamrock and 2 losses for Cork, Shamrock have only shown what they can do in half of their two games (the 1st V Drogs, 2nd V Monaghan) so far, so I’ll avoid a punt on the result until things settle. However, performances point towards goals. Shamrock’s record away last year and the early stage of the season keeps this to a fairly small bet, but a couple of points with the odds available seems to me a more than reasonable investment. Another selection borne from performances rather than stats is for a home win for Drogheda against Dundalk. Perhaps understandably starting with a 4-5-1 against Shamrock, especially with four suspended, they took a more than fortunate lead but showed plenty of determination. After going behind and switching to a 4-4-2 there was still this fight and they started to pose a threat. This was in evidence last week coming from 2 behind to a deserved win away from home at Cork. There’s still a bit of balancing to be done- from the impressive defensive display in the first-half but lacking an attacking threat against Shamrock to the overly open game at Cork- but with improved availability and the confidence of two decent performances behind them they should prevail against a Dundalk side much weaker than their two previous opponents. (Drogheda should be much stronger this season so looking at last year’s record would not be particularly useful.) Dundalk have been poor so far and were comprehensively outplayed by St Pat’s last week and their squad’s availability is likely to worsen rather than improve this week. (Manager McCaffrey: ‘Disappointed with the result, disappointed with the performance. We were well beaten by Pat’s. We never got into any sort of rhythm at all. We were poor from start to finish. We weren’t really creating much, we weren’t really retaining possession, we weren’t holding the ball up in the attacking third, we didn’t really create any chances and we didn’t have the quality about our play. ’) Two games, no goals and away at a team with grit and confidence. Above evens is, again, worthy of a couple of points.- a restrained amount perhaps, but it’s still early days and though Drogheda should be fine this season, they’re not the finished article either, but worth backing here for a small amount. As mentioned above, new-look St. Patrick’s cruised home last week and it’s now 2 games, 2 wins, 2 clean sheets and 2 impressive performances creating plenty of chances. They only have 2 out but 1 returning and confident noises from their camp reflect how quickly they seemed to have clicked. Monaghan could only share a goal-less draw at home to Dundalk and conceded 3 in the 2nd half at Shamrock when the home side started to play as they can. With 5 out through injury or suspension, this should see Pat’s defy last season’s stats (unbeaten after the 1st game but often drawing and winning by 1 thereafter) and continue their start to the season and come home by 2 or more. GL again this week all- let's hope we can repeat last week's efforts!

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Thanks for another good analysis, Vipers. Picks and reasoning are solid, the Saints look a banker I know there's no such thing as a sure thing in football, but this is close, Drogs’s win though is too risky in my book. Not one for the accumulator methinks. I am mulling over Shelbourne FC v Derry City. Both lots are in confident mood (Shels win the north Dublin derby and Derry thrashing Bray away). For me looks like an overish game and the odds @ 2.30 (Bet365) are tempting. Also Bray look way too long against Students. Last season Seagulls were pretty solid on the road (8-5-5) and they will be up to amend a dismal start to the season against beatable UCD. Well, I think I gonna straddle the fence for a while and wait till McNasara’s verdict arrives ))). Thanks again and GL with your bets, mate!

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Cork City -v- Shamrock Rovers Both Teams To Score: Yes @ evens with Betfair (1 unit) Cork have had a slow and poor start to the season, but tonight they must be better prepared for the visit of the champions Shamrock Rovers. This will be a difficult away tie for Rovers. I expect goals from both teams, as they are both capable of scoring. Rovers are favourites, and if Cork City were coming into this game with a win under their belt, I'd be willing to lay Shamrock Rovers. Instead, I predict goals from both teams and the odds are good.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 UCD -v- Bray Wanderers UCD +0 AH @ 1.55 with betfair (2 units) UCD are a very organised team under Martin Russell, and have a good young team capable of winning tonight's game. Bray are one of the favourites to finish bottom in the league. It is certainly a game Bray will feel they can get a result from, but having lost a lot of players during the winter break, they have not replaced them, and UCD have kept their team more or less the same. This is a good value bet in my opinion. Sligo Rovers -v- Bohemians Under 2.5 goals @ 1.7 with betfair (1 unit) Sligo have been unimpressive under their new manager so far this season. The loss of Paul Cook to English Football League 2 team Accrington Stanley has certainly set Sligo back a notch. Last season they were a formidable force. This season they have to adjust to a new playing style, without a few of their stars lost in winter transfers. Tonight Sligo are missing Mark Quigley - who is one of their goal threats. They still have Danny North and so are capable of winning this game, but Bohemians will make it difficult. Therefore under 2.5 goals is a good bet.

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Not such a good week then. :( All 3 of mine went down this week for a loss of 6 points, but still up 5.9 from 19 staked since the start, so not all doom and gloom. Will hope to bounce back next week (and for the return of McNasara and Kiddo et al)!

Well, I think I gonna straddle the fence for a while and wait till McNasara’s verdict arrives ))).
Will hope to bounce back next week (and for the return of McNasara and Kiddo et al)!
I'm very busy these days, but I return for next round. By the way... Happy St Patrick's Day! :drums:cheers:drums

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 23 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bray Wanderers v Drogheda United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.84 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Derry City v Cork City FC (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dundalk v UCD (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Monaghan United v Sligo Rovers (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shamrock Rovers v Shelbourne FC (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 25 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bohemians v St. Patrick's Athletic (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ireland > Airtricity Premier League > 2012 Derry City v Cork City Game with the longest distance between two teams in the league (the meeting of the last two champions of the First Division). Home team is favorite, but due to some of their absences no bet for me, especially after bad luck for Cork City in the last round. Dundalk v UCD The Lilywhites are favorites because they are playing on their artificial pitch, but they still haven't scored this season, so no bet. Shamrock Rovers v Shelbourne Dublin derby of teams that play very well recently, again no bet. Monaghan Utd v Sligo Rovers Sligo scored 4 goals in the last three away games in Monaghan, but the Magic Mons played good at the start of the season. Bray Wanderers v Drogheda Utd As I said before start of the season, home team could be disappointed this season, and on the other hand Drogs could be a pleasant surprise. ...I only found value in last match, Drogs DNB 1.80 nordicbet 6/10 and Drogs @2.66 5dimes 4/10