** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

27th February - 4th March

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 27th February - 4th March Hello guys. Pick of the day for me : Kevin Anderson - Marinko Matosevic. @Kevin Anderson to win 2-0. 1,53 at 365, you could probably find an even better odd at the other bookies. Well not much to be said. Anderson is way way too solid on serve to give Matosevic anything, saw him with Isner and his level was very impressive managing to knock out Big John in two sets. Matosevic will be a different type of player than Roddick and Isner, much better in rallies but also much more inexperienced and with weak nerves. Saw his match against Sela in the semi's and it was probably the weakest match of tennis i have seen in an ATP 250 semifinal ever. Laughable display of tennis from both players. In the first set Matosevic was up, serving for the set if i remember correctly, lost serve and the set with 7-5. In the second set Matosevic up again, serving for the set, loses serves but manages to break back immediately although Sela had a 40-0 lead on serve. Just awfull tennis, double faults, moonballs, you name it. Only in the dumps of no-name challenger tournaments have i ever seen such horrific tennis. Considering this will be Anderson's chance to win only his second ATP tournament after last years home win at Johannesburg i think he will give nothing to Matosevic and will play with maximum concentration from the very start.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Hsieh won BMW Malaisian. One of the least deserved titles in the WTA history... Hsieh got walkover from Radwanska in QF. Defeated Danilidou in the semis after Danilidou had to play two matches in a row in the same day. In today's final the same with Martic. Hsieh was by far the worse player on the court. But Martic, that had to play semi with Jankovic literally some 4-5 hours before the final in the hot and humid Malaysian noon, spent about three hours in the epic three set semi and defeated Jankovic, just faded away from 62 42 lead in the final due to total tiredness. I'd be surprised if any decent player at all would attend this ridiculous tournament (not even a hawk eye) next season. Nothing at all to read from this title for Hsieh.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Bolleli to beat Kavcic @ 1.80 with StanJames Bolleli played excelent with Jungueira and showed a great improvement since he played excellent with Berdych in David Cup. Expect same display here against a player that had a constant weak second serve and also, a weak return. Bolleli can have a service hard to be broken even by Berdych! Let's hope will help him here! Teixeira vs Ouanna Teixeira had huge luck yesterday with Ignatik that lost the tie break and got demoralized in the 3rd set. Teixeira offered 16 chances of break and played terrible! Teixeira was lucky also that Sijsling retired in the second round. Ouanna played great with de Schepper and also with Schoorel, serving great and offering just few chances of break. Ouanna has the material to beat Teixeira @ 2.40 with Centrebet

Re: 27th February - 4th March

Hello guys. Pick of the day for me : Kevin Anderson - Marinko Matosevic. @Kevin Anderson to win 2-0. 1,53 at 365, you could probably find an even better odd at the other bookies. Well not much to be said. Anderson is way way too solid on serve to give Matosevic anything, saw him with Isner and his level was very impressive managing to knock out Big John in two sets. Matosevic will be a different type of player than Roddick and Isner, much better in rallies but also much more inexperienced and with weak nerves. Saw his match against Sela in the semi's and it was probably the weakest match of tennis i have seen in an ATP 250 semifinal ever. Laughable display of tennis from both players. In the first set Matosevic was up, serving for the set if i remember correctly, lost serve and the set with 7-5. In the second set Matosevic up again, serving for the set, loses serves but manages to break back immediately although Sela had a 40-0 lead on serve. Just awfull tennis, double faults, moonballs, you name it. Only in the dumps of no-name challenger tournaments have i ever seen such horrific tennis. Considering this will be Anderson's chance to win only his second ATP tournament after last years home win at Johannesburg i think he will give nothing to Matosevic and will play with maximum concentration from the very start.
WON after a somewhat frustrating second set for Anderson, no problem in the tie-break however, great improvement for Matosevic, a player who showed great potential. Now it occurs to me i should have posted this on the 5th of march thread