Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

27th February - 4th March

Re: 27th February - 4th March Was actually a good bet from you mate, well thought out and it had opened up well for him, Gulbis does have the odd good week in him and the price was appealing. Only caught a bit of the 3rd set there and Gulbis did look pretty horrific, errors and more errors. Pretty much a waste of talent it has to be said. He really has alot going for him, but the guy doesnt have to work ethic it seems. Delray Beach does have a challenger feel to it doesnt it.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Yeah he was certainly involved in the much weaker side of the draw with the likes of Isner/Tomic/Roddick in the top half. And the fact he didn't have to play a single seed makes it pretty frustrating that he didn't win today. First set he wasn't making too many unforced errors like he was in the 2nd and 3rd sets, and he always looked comfortable. He just went missing after that and it's hard to understand why, given he's a former winner here and knows he'll be a big favourite to make the final if he won today. Know what you mean in the sense that it feels like a challenger event though. Either Sela or Matosevic in an ATP 250 final? Would a gulf in talent it would be if say Sela played Roddick in the final :unsure Hope Wawrinka pulls through for you tonight mate, still have the outright going on him and a win tonight secures a decent return even if he loses to Ferrer in the final.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Wow, didnt know Sela had beaten Kohli.........:rollin....crazy event. Kohli is the definition of a player who should not be backed as a heavy favourite. I stayed away from Delray Beach mostly after seeing the Matosevic/Karlovic result earlier in the week, assumed courts must be playing kinda slow but hadnt watched any until the 3rd set of Gulbis tonight. I see Isner is taking Tomic down as we speak to which is good news, cant stand that brat. Think Stan has a good shot tonight,playing the odds as much as anything and I'm still not convinced by Verdasco. Stan is not someone I like backing in all honesty, flaky as hell so a long-ish match wouldn't shock me. If the odds were reversed I wouldnt get involved. Fingers crossed for us..........:hope

Re: 27th February - 4th March Teixeira vs Ignatik Ignatik is a heavy server and one that will grow a lot this year! Happy to see him 2-3 matches and happy to follow him from now on! Sorry for not seeing his match with Goffin today, but against Teixeira will win for sure. Ignatik is going to enter quick in the top 100 ATP from this 220 position that is on now! Ignatik @ 1.95 with bwin Murray vs Federer Yes, might be a winner Murray against Djokovic, might have Lendl behind, but doesn't have the class of Federer. What Federer showed against Del Porto is the class of a real tennis player! Federer is not offering not even a break chance, while Murray is offering many and to every one. Expect Federer to play this classy tennis and leave Murray with the eyes in the sun! Federer -1.5 sets @ 2.98 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: 27th February - 4th March Awfull day today. To round it up i see Stan the Man is having another one of his shitty days, maybe he'll eventually decide to lose a couple of pounds off his fat ass

Re: 27th February - 4th March And the outrights continue to disappoint for the second week running :lol Stan never looked particularly likely there and Verdasco didn't have to really do much to win it. Did think Wawrinka's strategy was wrong though. On the rare occasions he forced the Spaniard to the net, he won the majority of the points including a couple of drop shots. The backhand wasn't working well at all so should have mixed it up a bit I thought. Especially at the end with Verdasco tight as anything.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Aye, Stan was poor. Left with a meagre +1.9pt profit for this week, not gonna chance my luck as I'm not feeling too strongly about todays card right now. Good luck fellas.

Re: 27th February - 4th March

Gonna have a go at an outright this week and see how I get on... Andy Murray to win Dubai Tennis Championships @ 8.0 Betfair I think Murray has a decent chance this week. I liked what I saw of him at the Australian Open, and although he came up just short once again, I think that unlike in previous years he will have come away feeling positive about his game and the future. Having Lendl as his coach appears to have really made a difference, even in the short space of time that they have been together. I think this is partly due to the fact that Lendl was such a great player who loved to win, and who was relentless in his pursuit of titles. I am sure he has been trying to emphasize to Murray that winning is a habit, and that will hopefully help to ensure that Murray avoids the post-Australian Open slump that he has experienced in recent years. The obvious danger in Murray's half is Djokovic, and whilst his form has to be respected, I can't take him at the prices on offer. Djokovic should make it through his quarter easily, although Tipsarevic may put up some resistance if he makes it to the quarter-final. I don't see anything to trouble Murray in his quarter, although Davydenko has been showing some signs of a return to form recently. Berdych is also in his quarter, but his recent match against Del Potro makes me question his form and motivation - I didn't see the match but a second set breadstick suggests that he was either completely outclassed, which is worrying, or that he capitulated, which is also worrying. I expect that Murray will make the semi-final, and if he does make the final I will lay the bet off so that it becomes in effect an each-way bet.
+22.77pts :ok

Re: 27th February - 4th March Isner vs Anderson Isner played very well here and his service won confidence match by match. Anderson was very close to a defeat against a poor Andy Roddick, but in the end the winner takes all, so he was the lucky guy. Isner knows can go in the final of the competition, knows he is much better than Anderson. Anderson didn't have the best serve in this tournament and that will give him a headache against a player like Isner! Isner -1.5 sets @ 2.52 with Pinnacle Sports Ferrer vs Verdasco -1.5 sets @ 2.08 with Sportingbet Ferrer is a complete and constant player! Except for the match lost with Djocovic and a set lost with Falla, Almagro and Sweeting he lost nothing. Verdasco is a player able to beat Chela and Almagro, but lost with Ramos-Vinolas and Andreev! Ferrer should come here and test all the way the backhand of his opponent. He is more competitive and he can outplay Verdasco in 2 sets!

Re: 27th February - 4th March Ferrer to smash apart the disgraceful, inconsistent, mentally weak and fragile Verdasco. Evens with BetFred. David just isn't losing a set to this donkey on clay, especially not with the form is has been in as of recent. 9.5/10

Re: 27th February - 4th March Hello guys. Pick of the day for me : Kevin Anderson - Marinko Matosevic. @Kevin Anderson to win 2-0. 1,53 at 365, you could probably find an even better odd at the other bookies. Well not much to be said. Anderson is way way too solid on serve to give Matosevic anything, saw him with Isner and his level was very impressive managing to knock out Big John in two sets. Matosevic will be a different type of player than Roddick and Isner, much better in rallies but also much more inexperienced and with weak nerves. Saw his match against Sela in the semi's and it was probably the weakest match of tennis i have seen in an ATP 250 semifinal ever. Laughable display of tennis from both players. In the first set Matosevic was up, serving for the set if i remember correctly, lost serve and the set with 7-5. In the second set Matosevic up again, serving for the set, loses serves but manages to break back immediately although Sela had a 40-0 lead on serve. Just awfull tennis, double faults, moonballs, you name it. Only in the dumps of no-name challenger tournaments have i ever seen such horrific tennis. Considering this will be Anderson's chance to win only his second ATP tournament after last years home win at Johannesburg i think he will give nothing to Matosevic and will play with maximum concentration from the very start.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Hsieh won BMW Malaisian. One of the least deserved titles in the WTA history... Hsieh got walkover from Radwanska in QF. Defeated Danilidou in the semis after Danilidou had to play two matches in a row in the same day. In today's final the same with Martic. Hsieh was by far the worse player on the court. But Martic, that had to play semi with Jankovic literally some 4-5 hours before the final in the hot and humid Malaysian noon, spent about three hours in the epic three set semi and defeated Jankovic, just faded away from 62 42 lead in the final due to total tiredness. I'd be surprised if any decent player at all would attend this ridiculous tournament (not even a hawk eye) next season. Nothing at all to read from this title for Hsieh.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Bolleli to beat Kavcic @ 1.80 with StanJames Bolleli played excelent with Jungueira and showed a great improvement since he played excellent with Berdych in David Cup. Expect same display here against a player that had a constant weak second serve and also, a weak return. Bolleli can have a service hard to be broken even by Berdych! Let's hope will help him here! Teixeira vs Ouanna Teixeira had huge luck yesterday with Ignatik that lost the tie break and got demoralized in the 3rd set. Teixeira offered 16 chances of break and played terrible! Teixeira was lucky also that Sijsling retired in the second round. Ouanna played great with de Schepper and also with Schoorel, serving great and offering just few chances of break. Ouanna has the material to beat Teixeira @ 2.40 with Centrebet

Re: 27th February - 4th March Typical with the outrights. Had Anderson and Errani to win their respective tournaments last week and looks as though both will win this week :eyes

Re: 27th February - 4th March

Hello guys. Pick of the day for me : Kevin Anderson - Marinko Matosevic. @Kevin Anderson to win 2-0. 1,53 at 365, you could probably find an even better odd at the other bookies. Well not much to be said. Anderson is way way too solid on serve to give Matosevic anything, saw him with Isner and his level was very impressive managing to knock out Big John in two sets. Matosevic will be a different type of player than Roddick and Isner, much better in rallies but also much more inexperienced and with weak nerves. Saw his match against Sela in the semi's and it was probably the weakest match of tennis i have seen in an ATP 250 semifinal ever. Laughable display of tennis from both players. In the first set Matosevic was up, serving for the set if i remember correctly, lost serve and the set with 7-5. In the second set Matosevic up again, serving for the set, loses serves but manages to break back immediately although Sela had a 40-0 lead on serve. Just awfull tennis, double faults, moonballs, you name it. Only in the dumps of no-name challenger tournaments have i ever seen such horrific tennis. Considering this will be Anderson's chance to win only his second ATP tournament after last years home win at Johannesburg i think he will give nothing to Matosevic and will play with maximum concentration from the very start.
WON after a somewhat frustrating second set for Anderson, no problem in the tie-break however, great improvement for Matosevic, a player who showed great potential. Now it occurs to me i should have posted this on the 5th of march thread