** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

27th February - 4th March

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 27th February - 4th March Cipola to bt Ljubicic 2.820 Pinnacle Cipolla has good record of causing upsets, and Ljubicic is totally out of form. He is 3-4 this season, and just coming from Marseille i-hard where he lost to Tipsarevic. As a big server, Ljubicic is best on indoor. On slower Dubai courts his serve will not be that big weapon, and Cipolla, who is best on slower courts, and is realy good in defence, and can mix the shots up, will have his chances. IMO worth a shot. They met once last year, on clay in Rome, Ivan won 62 63. However, things have changed since then, and prospects for Cipolla are much better now.

Re: 27th February - 4th March ATP Acapulco: Igor Andreev - Facundo Bagnis OVER 21.5 GAMES @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Can see this being pretty competitive, and maybe going three sets. Andreev has been in great form recently but it's starting to get that to point where he is almost playing a bit too much, and he might be due a dip, especially in a qualifying round and he's no spring chicken anymore. He might just struggle to gee himself up for another slog when he's had two tough losses in the latter stages of his last two tournaments. Bagnis is also a tough customer, a talented left-hander who is definately capable of pushing players like Andreev on clay. He performed well last week, beating Leo Mayer and testing Ferrer, so he should be feeling confident going into this match. He's a tempting bet for the outright but if he does win I doubt will be a routine victory, so all in all happy to take the overs. :hope

Re: 27th February - 4th March Gonna have a go at an outright this week and see how I get on... Andy Murray to win Dubai Tennis Championships @ 8.0 Betfair I think Murray has a decent chance this week. I liked what I saw of him at the Australian Open, and although he came up just short once again, I think that unlike in previous years he will have come away feeling positive about his game and the future. Having Lendl as his coach appears to have really made a difference, even in the short space of time that they have been together. I think this is partly due to the fact that Lendl was such a great player who loved to win, and who was relentless in his pursuit of titles. I am sure he has been trying to emphasize to Murray that winning is a habit, and that will hopefully help to ensure that Murray avoids the post-Australian Open slump that he has experienced in recent years. The obvious danger in Murray's half is Djokovic, and whilst his form has to be respected, I can't take him at the prices on offer. Djokovic should make it through his quarter easily, although Tipsarevic may put up some resistance if he makes it to the quarter-final. I don't see anything to trouble Murray in his quarter, although Davydenko has been showing some signs of a return to form recently. Berdych is also in his quarter, but his recent match against Del Potro makes me question his form and motivation - I didn't see the match but a second set breadstick suggests that he was either completely outclassed, which is worrying, or that he capitulated, which is also worrying. I expect that Murray will make the semi-final, and if he does make the final I will lay the bet off so that it becomes in effect an each-way bet.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Was a tad unlucky with the outrights last week with Tipsarevic and Errani losing narrowly in the semis. Not put off though and taking a further 4 this week. Can't look past Djokovic in Dubai but as you'd expect, the price is too low for an outright involving all of the big 4 except Nadal. Stanislas Wawrinka to win ATP Acapulco- 16/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) E/W Marcel Granollers to win ATP Acapulco- 50/1 Ladbrokes- (1/10) E/W Pretty strong field over in Mexico with the obvious favourite being Ferrer but I'm looking elsewhere for the tournament given Ferrer's price. One guy in Ferrer's half is Granollers who admittedly has a pretty tough draw, but I wouldn't be having him at this price in all honesty. He's pretty competant on the clay the Spaniard which he showed last year, winning the title in Gstaad where he beat the likes of Wawrinka, Youzhny and finally Verdasco in the final which shows what he is capable of. He also beat Troicki on the clay and took a set off Gasquet which shows he really is no mug on the surface. Watched him in the Davis Cup a couple of weeks back and he was impressive as well then, in both the singles and doubles so he should adapt to the conditions pretty comfortably. His draw is tough, which goes some way to explain the price, as he may well have to beat Bellucci, Nalbandian and Simon, even before he could meet Ferrer in the semis but on the clay, I always feel there is a much bigger chance of an outsider coming through and surprising the field so I'll back the Spaniard to do just that in Mexico this week. I do like Stan's chances in the bottom half as well this week and he comes into the tournament off the back of a decent week in Argentina last week. He almost beat Almagro in the semis and considering that was the first time he's played on the clay this week, that's a pretty decent effort. Almagro is again in Wawrinka's half but I'm not sure how much I like the Spaniard's chances this week as he's played a lot of tennis over the past couple of weeks and that may take it's toll. His route to the final looks something like Ferrero-Monaco-Nishikori-Verdasco/Almagro and there's nobody there that Wawrinka can't beat and although he's actually unseeded this week, I'll back him to go well and hopefully go one better than last week. Ernests Gulbis to win ATP Delray Beach- 20/1 Bet365- (1/10) E/W Now anyone reading this must think I'm crazy to be backing a guy who is more unreliable than the British transport service and is without a win against anyone decent for a long while now but I feel he may have a chance this week to find some form. He clearly likes the conditions here, as he's a previous winner of the tournament back in 2010 so he should relish the prospect of returning to these courts after not playing here last season. The thing with the Latvian is there's no questioning his quality, it's his attitude and consistency that lets him down beyond belief and he should be a whole lot higher in the rankings than he actually is. I mean after all, he has troubles Nadal and Murray in the past and beaten Federer which just shows how good this guy really is and if he can get a run going, he is a pretty hard player to beat. IF he can win his first and second round matches, it should show that he's really up for the tournament this week and I see this price heavily reflectant on that. If he gets past the likes of Falla and an out of form Troicki in the first couple of rounds, he can really beat anyone this week. He's in the bottom half of the draw, meaning he'll avoid the big servers of Roddick, Isner and Anderson which I quite like about Gulbis' draw. The bottom half of the draw looks pretty open to me with Cilic playing his first matches of the season and Troicki having a poor start to the season, so I'm going to have a small punt on Gulbis showing the rest of the field what he is capable of this week.

Re: 27th February - 4th March 3/10 Almagro to win ATP Acapulco @ 8.00 Betsson Very high odd voor Almagro here. Don't understand the bookies here. He loves this surface and had in my eyes a very good draw. Ferrer is here the absolute fav, but i don't see any reason why Almagro can't win this tourney. He had a lot off good players in his half (Verdasco, Nishikori, Wawrinka and Monaco) but he can beat him all if he is in form.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Rest of the outrights for the women then and actually taken another one just now to go on top of the one I took earlier. Shuai Peng to win WTA Kuala Lumpur- 8/1 Bet365- (1.5/10) E/W Bookies have this tournament as predominantly a 2 horse race with Jankovic and Radwanska being involved but I'm going with Peng here to repeat the form she showed last year. Obviously the two main women in the draw are closer to evens but with Peng avoiding both of them until at least the semis where she may play Jankovic, I'm happy to play her at 8/1 here. She's really not started the season well, with a couple of poor losses but you'd have to feel sooner or later, she's going to have a couple of decent tournaments and play herself back into form. Last season she was superb for pretty much the whole of 2011 and was ultra consistent. Although she hasn't started the season well, she did manage to beat Bartoli last week and although Marion was struggling with injury, it was still a good result for Peng and would have given her some confidence. She pushed Hantuchova in the first set of their match as well and hopefully with a few comfortable wins this week, her confidence will grow. Her first and second round matches look pretty straight forward for her and she shouldn't have any problems there. She'll probably have to face Martic in the quarters but I'd fancy Peng to come through that one comfortably if she's playing well. The semis are the reason for her high odds as more than likely she'll have to play Jankovic but no way is she a huge outsider to win that one. In fact Peng has won the last 2 meetings between the two, including a straight sets win at the Australian Open last year and with Jankovic not the player she once was, Peng will have chances in that one and could beat her in my eyes. Whether Radwanska will make the final from the top half I don't know. You can't rule her out but she's played a ridiculous amount of tennis over the past few weeks but luckily for the Pole there's nobody really in that top half that can trouble her. Peng however, if she can get to the final, has troubles Agy in every match they have played. Radwanska has narrowly won 3/4 of the matches but Peng has beaten her at Flushing Meadows before and every match has gone to 3 sets which suggests Radwanska has some problems with her. Put that with the amount of tennis that she's been forced to play recently and Peng certainly can't be ruled out, especially if she can find her form this week and make the final. Peng was hugely impressive last season, and I'm going to have a little dabble at her finding her form this week and having a good run and potentially cause an upset over the big 2. Irina-Camelia Begu to win WTA Acapulco- 11/2 Bet365- (1.5/10) E/W Like the look of the Romanian's draw here as she's in the opposite half to the likes of Errani, Vinci and Brianti. She had a really good season last year on the clay, making 2 WTA finals and winning 2 challenger events as well. The bookies have Pennetta as the big favourite from the bottom half but the Italian has looked a bit out of sorts recently and had a really poor clay season last year so I wouldn't be too worried about her this week. Begu really does have the better draw here being in the bottom half and given her credentials on the clay last season, I'll back her to out trump the likes of Pennetta and a tired looking Errani from last week here in Mexico.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Youzhny + 3 games AH vs Gasquet @ 1.990 (Pinnacle:4pts) Youzhny to bt Gasquet @ 2.720 (Pinnacle:1pt) Seriously, even if Youzhny gets killed today, I'd play these odds every day against Gasquet. There's really very little between these two players and the head 2 head shows that, Youzhny leads 3-2 there and its 2-2 on hard court, they've had some really tough battles in those matches. Youzhny withdrew from Rotterdam so that's the question mark here I guess, but on the whole he's played some good stuff this year aswell as the typical Youzhny matches thrown in like at the Oz open.Have to say Gasquet is also playing some good stuff this year, should have beaten Delpo last week but a combination of him bottling it and Delpo coming up with clutch moments meant he lost that one. He's looked great in some matches but also lost to Davydenko, Istomin, Kohli....so normal service for Gasquet. Two talented fellas with great backhands, if they're both fit I think we might see a good tussle in this one. But I wont regret playing these odds regardless of the result tbh. WTA Acapulco - Gallovits-Hall to bt Arn @ 2.210 (Pinnacle:2pts) My thinking with Greta Arn is, back her as a dog in certain situations, as a fave no.Gallovits in decent form on the dirt, semi's in Bogota beatin Duque-Marino and Erakovic before falling to eventual winner Arruabarena-Vecino, and she's won 3 qualies here beating Shvedova in the final rd, Shvedova actually retired at 4-6 6-1 down but she's played matches here which can help. This is Arn's first match on clay since last Summer, she's coming off a semi in Monterrey last week, I watched parts of her loss to Cadantu in that one and it was horrific tennis by both. Should be plenty of breaks, really I think we have two fairly average players here but I think at these odds the under dog is worth a go.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Alexandr Dolgopolov to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 11/4 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Think it's worth fading the big Argentinian here. He's had a very tough and arduous - but successful - couple of weeks on the indoor circuit and now he has to ship himself over to Dubai to play a spark plug like Dolgopolov in the first round. That's a tough ask IMO, and with him not defending any points here(and with Indian Wells coming up) he might not be at his best. Dolgopolov has had a few tough first round exits but he's looked up for it and these conditions will be more to his liking. He'll want to kick start a run of victories, and against a jaded Del Potro, he could get a perfect chance to kick start his year as well. :hope

Re: 27th February - 4th March Ivo Karlovic to win APT Delray Beach International @15 Bet365[2/10] E/W Finished off 2011 with two good wins at ATP Sacramento & Tiburon Challenger(Hard courts).Has started off 2012 with Quarter Final at Zagreb,losing a close 3 set match to eventual champion Mikhail Youzhny(3-6,7-6,6-7).Also played Federer in the 3rd round of the Australian Open losing 7-6,7-5,6-3.Karlovic in past month has had two superb victories over Nishikori & Soeda(Fed Cup) & comfortable beat both in straight sets.So going into this tournament Karlovic is in excellent form & should give backers a very good run for their money.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Hi guys, 1 picks for WTA ACAPULCO later today: DULGHERU TO DEFEAT RYBARIKOVA @ 1.44 on ladbrokes/bet365/stanjames Dulgheru started the year well, seems to be healthy again and when healthy she is one of the better clay court players. Rybarikova has big serve but in other departments Dulgheru is a better player, especially on clay.

Re: 27th February - 4th March

Alexandr Dolgopolov to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 11/4 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Think it's worth fading the big Argentinian here. He's had a very tough and arduous - but successful - couple of weeks on the indoor circuit and now he has to ship himself over to Dubai to play a spark plug like Dolgopolov in the first round. That's a tough ask IMO, and with him not defending any points here(and with Indian Wells coming up) he might not be at his best. Dolgopolov has had a few tough first round exits but he's looked up for it and these conditions will be more to his liking. He'll want to kick start a run of victories, and against a jaded Del Potro, he could get a perfect chance to kick start his year as well. :hope
I would not buy that fatigue issue. Just look at the DelPo's schedule last year at this time. You will notice that he had two i-hard tournaments in San Jose and Memphis, where he played 8 matches together, and then he came to Delray Beach hard and won it. It however seems that this "Indian Wells ahead" fact should be a factor. The favs today are doing really bad. Murray struggled to three sets, Davydenko lost (ok, he was injured last week), Gasquet retired without an eyeblink, etc. - it looks like the favs are here solely for grabbing the start money and telling good bye. Now DelPo could have sort of hangover from sunday's victory, but what is the motivation of this enfant terrible Dolgopolov? He was on south american clays last year this time before IW. Is he here for grabbing money and quit? Does he want points for victories? Hard to say, but nevertheless, I decided to try and go for him on plus hcp Dolgopolov +4 games > Del Potro @1.952 Pinnacle GL :hope

Single @ 2,01 Tennis ATP Delray Beach - 17:00 Falla-Gulbis 2 It is the meeting fell into my eye the most. Occupying 67 ranking Colombian Falla play with okopującym Latvian Gulbis 78 deposit. The latter seem to be only two years ago, he has a chance to move closer to the leading edge. He could play a favorite and it looked very good. Unfortunately, at present it is a form of inheritance and is definitely a trend. This year, Gulbis has not won yet have a meeting with someone famous. The only two wins from two Egyptians suffered occupying space in the four and six hundred rank in the Davis Cup. Form so it seems that it is not the best, but you have to look that in the last tournament in Memphis, losing 0-2 meeting Raoniciem already looked much better than at the beginning of the season. Its advantages are mainly strong service. But that was not so rosy in addition to a few (dozen) aces in the match, we can also expect a similar number of double faults. But where is the Latvian break if not in Delray Beach where he won the tournament two years ago. On the other side of the grid will see Fall, which this year boasts a balance of 4-4. It should be noted that in addition to Fish in the AO did not beat anyone to whom we can count on the necks against top game. Starace, Fognini and being under the form of Young certainly does not belong to such players. The meeting of Fish also can be different and equally good match could have ended 3-0 to Fish. It seems to me that today is Gulbis leaves the court as the winner. Falla-Gulbis 0-2

Re: 27th February - 4th March Homunculus: If Dolgopolov rolls over in this match then I think we can all write him off as a rising star. If he's got anything about him he'll want to do well here and show why he's to be taken seriously by the top players. Del Potro is obdurate and stubborn git so I'm not expecting him to roll over but I think the very start of the tournament is the best time to oppose him. He struggled early against Beck in Rotterdam, and Davydenko had him in trouble. Hopefully Dolgopolov should provide good trading material if things go wrong. I fancy him to start fast.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Delray Beach ATP (USA) - Hard Court - Round of 32 Match between Croatian Player Ivan Dodig current ATP rank @ 57th spot vs, German Mathias Baschinger Current ATP rank 94th.Dodig isn't at his best form right now as his ATP rank dropped from high of 32nd October 2010 to its current rank,on other hand the German player shows progress and currently ranked not far from his top rank which was 85 August 2011. The Croatian player relies mostly on his serves to keep him going.The German player made nice progress the past year climbing over 70 spots in ATP rank from 160 and up to currently 90 rank mark.however he still have troubles when facing top 60 rank players and tend to lose these matches. Recent encounters he had vs top 60 rank players include Meltzer (37),Nishikuri (20) Baghdatis (45) Kubot (58), Wawrinka (19) Nalbandian (58) Giraldo (53) Dimitrov (76) Anderson (34) Davydenko (39) Tipsarevic (25) Tursonov (70) and list goes on and on this is just through the past year,on other hand he did have great tournament in Barcelona and managed even to beat Nadal once last year and Lopez and Baghdatis but that was more like a fluke and the general trend is losing to top 60 players as shown above. Dodig and Bashinher met once 3 years ago in Japan on Carpet and Dodig won then by 2 sets 6-4 6-4. I believe Dodig can't afford losing points vs such opponent in ATP rank and will win this match,I found value also on the games handicap where dodig is set @ -3.5 games @ 2.15 but when i checked Dodig recent victories i found out many were by similar spread and in some he won in 3 sets where he dropped several games in set he lost killing such wager,therefore i will settle for lower return in that spot with higher probability to hit. 8/10 on Ivan Dodig at 1.50

Re: 27th February - 4th March Well, he is playing really well and is full of confidence for sure. Melzer won last week in Memphis and he defeated Isner and Raonic on the way to the title. I was really suprised to see how clever he played when he won against those 2 huge servers of the game. For this match i can't say much. Smyczek has no chance if Melzer just plays a normal game today. By far Melzer is the better player, has better weapons and a very solid game. The only question really is if the Austrian is ready to start all over again this week. 10/10 on Jürgen Melzer at 1.25 with Bwin

Re: 27th February - 4th March ATP Delray Beach, hard outdoors I don't see here an easy first set for Ivo Krlovic and prefer to bet on more then 9.5 games to be played in the first set. Reason is simple the Croatian has finished 8 from 10 matches played this season with more then 9.5 games in the first set because has a decent service but a poor game on court. Same story with Matosevic who has finished 7 from 11 matches played this season with more then 9.5 games in the first set and since he also holds a decent service but in the same time a weak game on court or on return there are good chances to see today minimum 10 games in the first set. 9/10 on Over 9.50 at 1.70 with Betway

Re: 27th February - 4th March qualifications, and lost to a player outside the top 200, Chardy can be very pleased with the early season. He has received a strong score Challneger in Noumea, and then merged a few solid results here in South America on a mini tour that ends with a tournament in Acapulco. Chardy is not a typical Frenchman. In fact, it is a mixture of many styles. It has a very good first serve, and all built around it, because sometimes be too aggressive as it is difficult without good preparation points. He knows to get to the network, known to attack the reternu, but usually comes in a series of errors and therefore never fully exploit the potential. Although it is difficult to admit, today it is impossible to be a top tennis player without a strong defensive capabilities, and so much talent is not to be occasional flashes go to the end of the tournament. This is his first appearance in Acapulco, but the conditions that should suit him as a fast medium fits an aggressive player who often enter the field to look for points, unlike conventional Zemlja standing one meter behind the baseline. Machado failed after the Masters. It would be a real bombastic title and was not far from the truth, but there is no need to do a sensation when there is none. Portugal's success last year at Challenger level with the final tournament for the best, which was first played last year in Brazil. This growth in the ranked teams automatically resulted in a desire to play at a higher level, and that he paid five defeats in a row and won one set. In addition to Ramirez Hidalgo were all opponents against whom he has nothing to ask, so it is probably a little cheered lot here. Much bigger problem for him is what has 13 defeats in the first rounds at the ATP level in the series, and since his last ATP victory the past year. How is he mentally ready for the feat, it is very difficult to estimate, although not quite as active. No doubt he can play well, but just a game does not bring victory ... Chardy J.-Machado R. (28.02. 20:30) 1 1,45 stake:6/10

Re: 27th February - 4th March Looks like Dolgo came to Dubai only to try how far he can go if for some fortunate coincidence his shots will paint lines and fly just over the ribbon. It did not happen - too many errors and too weak first serve. He is always frustrating to bet on in the 1st round. I am happy that I got the PUSH on +4, because when Delpo served for the match at 5-4 in the 2nd set, I was waving my bet good bye :p

Re: 27th February - 4th March Taking a few on tonight as the prices and lines look a little misplaced. Austin Krajicek vs Kevin Anderson- Under 18.5 games- 6/5 Bet365- (3/10) Think this should be relatively straight forward for the South African here. He hasn't been playing superbly by any stretch this season but nor has he been terrible and he's been serving well generally so hard to see his American opponent doing much on return. Krajicek barely plays any competitive tennis, and has only played his first matches this week against guys ranked much lower than Anderson who's approaching the top 30 these days. Should be a real difference in the quality of the two guys tennis here and given I don't give many chances to the American on return, I'd back Anderson to really put the youngster under some pressure and win this pretty comfortably. Fernando Verdasco (-3.5 games) to beat Filippo Volandri- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Not the biggest fan of backing Verdasco in any form of bets but this handicap looks pretty good for the Spaniard to cover IMO. He's not started the season well at all but this is a pretty decent first round draw for him. Volandri has played a lot of tennis over the past couple of weeks, with virtually all of his matches in Brazil a couple of weeks ago going the distance. That probably explained the retirement last week against Juan Monaco who creamed him in the first set. The Italian is a good clay courter but given the amount of competitive tennis he has played recently, I'm not entirely convinced over his fitness or condition coming into this one so I'll back Verdasco to record a rare easy win this season. Arantxa Parra Santonja (+5.5 games) to beat Flavia Pennetta- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Line looks too high in my eyes in this one. I have no idea what kind of shape Pennetta is in at the minute and excluding that good week she had in Auckland to start the season, she really hasn't looked convincing to me. Some really poor loses to Bondarenko and Bratchikova really don't feel me with confidence about her game at the minute and she really didn't trouble Jankovic at all in Dubai. Put that with the fact she hasn't played on the clay courts this season and that leads me to think this line is a couple of games on the high side. She had a pretty rotten clay season last year, losing to girls she really should be hammering but that wasn't the case. Parra-Santonja actually beat her on the clay last season in Madrid as well and the Spaniard can really hold her own on the clay and I'd expect her to keep this close for the majority.

Re: 27th February - 4th March Actually having one more which in itself is pretty self explantory. Marinko Matosevic vs Ivo Karlovic- Over 21.5 games- 4/6 Bet365- (6/10) Just seen this line and I really don't know why it's so low. We all know about the serving capabilities of Karlovic but Matosevic is also pretty tidy on serve as well and should pick up his fair share of cheap points as well. Very rarely do you see Karlovic's matches end quickly and given both guys strengths lie in their serving ability, fancy this to be pretty tight with at least a tie break somewhere in the match. Their last match went to 3 sets last year at Indian Wells, with 2 tie breakers in the match so far more to suggest this will be close and these two will cover the overs.

Ivo Karlovic to win APT Delray Beach International @15 Bet365[2/10] E/W Finished off 2011 with two good wins at ATP Sacramento & Tiburon Challenger(Hard courts).Has started off 2012 with Quarter Final at Zagreb,losing a close 3 set match to eventual champion Mikhail Youzhny(3-6,7-6,6-7).Also played Federer in the 3rd round of the Australian Open losing 7-6,7-5,6-3.Karlovic in past month has had two superb victories over Nishikori & Soeda(Fed Cup) & comfortable beat both in straight sets.So going into this tournament Karlovic is in excellent form & should give backers a very good run for their money.
:wall :wall :wall :@ Really,really sorry anyone who followed the above tip. Pile of s***

Re: 27th February - 4th March i've gone ahead and taken Youzhny to win +157 (east39) over Fish. Fish's form has been spotty at best in 2012 while Youzhny already has a title under his belt this season and the odds seem to be more reflective of the high ranking Mardy currently possesses rather than form at the moment imo.

Youzhny + 3 games AH vs Gasquet @ 1.990 (Pinnacle:4pts)....VOID Youzhny to bt Gasquet @ 2.720 (Pinnacle:1pt).....:) WTA Acapulco - Gallovits-Hall to bt Arn @ 2.210 (Pinnacle:2pts).....:)
Pinny pay out on Youzhny outright after one set was played, big bet void unfortunately as Gasquet had a fever apparently. Gallovits took care of Arn in 2 sets.

Re: 27th February - 4th March ATP Acapulco - Nishikori -2.5 games vs Chardy @ 1.85 (Bwin:3pts) Like Nishikori in this match, and I like fading Chardy. He's hugely inconsistent, as bad as they come, but he's had a good start to the year by his standards reaching semi's in Chile, winning 3 matches in Brazil before losing to Leo Mayer. Failed to qualify in Buenos Aires losing to Molteni in 2 which isnt good, and an OK win against average Rui Machado in rd 1 here. You just dont know what you'll get with him, massive serve and forehand but he's incredibly erratic. Nishikori is a really classy player in my view, doesnt have a big serve but superb ball-striking technique. He's having a pretty good year too with a 1/4 in Australia. Clay wouldnt be his best surface but he's good a good all-court game, took down Hanescu and Ferrero last week in Argentina before being outclassed by Wawrinka which is no shame. He beat Monates in rd 1 here this week 6-2 4-1 ret and I think this is a good chance to progress another round. He is alot more consistent than Chardy from the baseline, doesnt have the weapons the Frenchman does but I still feel like he's a class above. Might even go to 3 but still think the h'cap has a shot anyway. :hope

Re: 27th February - 4th March ATP Dubai - Youzhny +2.5 games vs Fish @ 1.980 (Pinnacle:3pts) Price has dropped slightly but anyway, I'm going with Youzhny again here. Fish just seems a tad short to me for this match-up, bookies seem to underrate Youzhny at times I've noticed, he was 2.9ish at times to beat Gasquet before the price came in a bit. Fish obviously likes the speedy courts here and has said as much after dismantling Beck in rd 1. But it's not been a great year for Fish really, not quite at his best anyway, beat Wawinka in Switzerland on clay in the DC but defeats to Falla in Australia and he lost to Olivetti in France last week. Youzhny is sometimes liable to throw in a shocker but I like him, classy player and he's also done well in Dubai in the past. Doubts still about some injury he had a few weeks back but I'm willing to play him here on the handicap to see what Fish's form is really like. :hope

I'll pop this one out now ... - Novak Djokovic -7 games AH @ 1.97: Think Djoko will have too much for Stakhovsky now that he's got a game under his belt. Stakhovsky won't get cheap points on serve and win over Awadhy masks a really poor last six months. Ought to be straightforward for world no.1. :hope