** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar

kevshat

A newly designed ranking event begins in Haikou, China on Monday with most of the top 16 and qualifiers heading out for the tournament. The event shouldn't be confused with the tournament of the same name which took place in 2010. Unlike that one which was best of 5 frames throughout this one is just like the Shanghai Masters in length of matches with it being best of 9 in the early rounds, 11 in the semi finals and a best of 19 frame final. As with all the major tournaments TV coverage is on Eurosport throughout and it's also on the bookmakers who have live streaming facilities too. Draw can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/28/9a/0,,13165~170536,00.pdf Couple of changes to the draw - Carter and O'Sullivan have pulled out on medical grounds so Campbell and the winner of the Ford/Haotian match will automatically go into the last 16.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Wildcard and early first round matches. The Carter/Campbell match hasn't disappear yet but Carter has pulled out so ignore that. [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 27 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Baird, S v Jin, Long (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.24 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ford, T v Lu, Haotian (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Vafaei, H (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Milkins, R v Thirapongpaiboon, T (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.17 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.90 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bond, N v Lu, Ning (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.02 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Holt, M v Zhu, Yinghui (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.39 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.28 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perry, J v Rouzi, Maimaiti (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, J v Zhou, Yuelong (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.07 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 28 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Campbell, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.23 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Hawkins, B (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Fu, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.93 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Walden, R (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lee, S v Dale, D (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.19 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Higginson, A (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Will look more at this tournament on Sunday but I'll take one overpriced outright. 1pt ew B.Hawkins to win Haikou World Open 66/1 Boylesports (1/2 1-2) i went with Barry Hawkins last week in Wales and he was so unlucky to lose to Matthew Stevens in the opening round. There were probably 10 of the 16 first round winners who Hawkins would've beaten with his performance but he walked into an inspired Stevens instead. The same thing happened in the German Masters but I don't think that's the case in this tournament. Hawkins has Graeme Dott in the first round and while Dott started the season well it's become a bit of a flat spot for the Scot in recent tournaments and a first round loss to Tom Ford for Dott in Wales gives me the confidence that Hawkins will beat Dott in the first round here. If he does we know he will play Marcus Campbell for a place in the quarter finals after Ali Carter pulled out of the tournament. Seedings wise a quarter final would be against Lee or Robertson, the latter potentially being tricky but not impossible. Certainly by then we'll have had the value and generally once Hawkins gets going in events he makes the semis or so and is tough to beat. We know he has kept his form going because he thrashed Liu Chuang 5-0 for a place in the China Open on Friday which can act as a decent tune up for this. Given that he's playing well and is in the weakest quarter of the draw which has already opened up I think the 66/1 on the Shootout champion is a bit too big and I'll snap it up and see how far we get with it.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Can't be totally convinced with anything here so am taking 2 relative outsiders to have good runs. S.Lee to win World Open, 1pt EW @ 40/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) Stephen Lee has been in pretty decent nick lately and is cueing as well as he has for some years. His results echo that and it's only a matter of time before he reaches a major final, this week could be that week. Reached the semis in Germany and the quarters last week in Wales, and both times lost out the eventual tournament winner so certainly nothing to be disgraced about. With the exception of a potentially tough last 16 clash with Neil Robertson, he has what I would consider as good as draw as could be expected with the Spaceman to open with, before that encounter with Robbo. Then it's either the poor traveller, Graeme Dott, or possibly Shootout winner Hawkins, both of whom I'd expect him to beat. The other quarter in the top half looks weak too so 40's has to be considered too big a price. T.Ford to win World Open, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Betfred (1/2 odds 1-2) Big price but I still think he has a chance. Has a wildcard to overcome tomorrow, which he should do with ease before receiving a bye in the last 16 due to Ronnie's withdrawl. His likely opponent would be Mark Williams, a player I really like but who is way off top form at present. Ford is a real confidence player and I think this week could be his time to shine. If he does get as far as the last 8, he could face fellow youngster Judd Trump, which in my opinion is the toss of a coin in respect of ability (it's just Judd handled the pressure better). Always capable of knocking in big breaks, this lad is capable of winning 5 frames in double quick time and this best of 9 should suit him perfectly. Being the underdog should suit and I fancy a decent run at a massive price.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar *Shaun Murphy To Win Outright* I think 14/1 is a very nice price for a player in form. The English man has had a good time of it of late and his game is as good as ever. He is currently ranked 4th in the world and has 4 ranking events to his name. He takes on Ricky Walden tomorrow in his first match and that should be the stepping stone for a good tournament for Murphy. *3 Points e/w @ 14/1 Totesport*

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Two more bets for me. 1 more outright and a match bet. 1.5pts ew S.Murphy to win Haikou World Open 14/1 Boylesports (1/2 1-2) I like Shaun Murphy in this tournament. There is hardly anyone making the trip to China this week in better form than he is. In the last three majors tournaments Murphy has made it to the final of the Masters where Robertson was pretty much unbeatable, the semi finals of the German Masters where nobody would've beaten Maguire that night and the semi finals of the Welsh Open where eventual winner Ding Junhui stopped him. So Murphy certainly can't have any complaints about his form coming into the tournament and the Brazilian Masters champion looks primed to go well in another overseas event here. Having not qualified for the PTC finals where he was due to defend his title next month, this tournament and the China Open are his only real chances to prepare with good match practice for the World Championship so it's a tournament Murphy will take seriously. We know he will prepare well for the event and would have got their early enough to shake off jet lag and his early draw isn't too bad. Ricky Walden is capable but Murphy beat him 5-2 in Berlin earlier in the month, Stevens or Perry await after that and then Selby possibly in the quarter final. Murphy is capable coming through all of that and ok he could face Trump in the semi final but we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it. Murphy is playing well. He's scoring excellently and cueing fantastically and at 14/1 should go well this week. 4pts S.Lee (-1.5 frames) to beat D.Dale 6/5 Betfred Last time we saw Dom Dale on our TV screens he was losing in the qualifying round of the Welsh Open to Sam Baird who apart from scaring Selby in the next round of that event has lost to two China players down the rankings since then. Dale to be fair beat Jack Lisowski in China Open qualifying on Friday but that was both a good and a bad thing. Good obviously that he won the match but it's a tough ask for him to play on Friday and then fly to China and play at full pelt less than 4 days later. Jet lag and effects have to come into play here. Contrast that to Stephen Lee. He comes into this tournament having been in the semi finals in the German Masters earlier in the month and he would've been a semi finalist at least in the Welsh Open were it not for a rogue mobile phone at the wrong time when he was clearing up against Ding in the final frame of their quarter final. Lee's Rolls Royce cue action is very much back in force and he had all of last week to get out to China. I think I read on twitter he was in Hong Kong last Wednesday so that's a much better preparation for this match both in form coming in and state of mind than what Dale has had. I fully expect that to translate into a Stephen Lee win and one which is no worse than 5-3.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Great call with Stephen Lee, Kev:ok Just 1 for me tomorrow. M.Stevens (1.5 frames) to beat J.Perry, 4pts @ Evs Boylesports I like Matthew Stevens here, especially with his recent good form. He comes here with some good victories under his belt including a close run affair against Barry Hawkins in Wales but that was a high quality affair, before losing out to another in form player Stephen Maguire. Reached the quarters in Germany, disposing Neil Robertson easily 5-1 along the way. His overseas form is usually pretty solid anyway, previous to that he reached the last 8 in Shanghai. Whilst I have a lot of time for Joe Perry, I think the travel and hectic schedule will make him less effective here and, if Matthew Stevens continues in same form, Joe will have to up his game. Did beat a top 16 player in Germany but that was only Ali Carter, whose game is quite frankly non existent. Otherwise, he generally struggles against those in the upper echelons and I expect that to be the case here. I'm confident that the Welshman will take this no worse than 5-3.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Cheers mate. That's how I like winners to be :lol. 2 for me for Wednesday. 4pts M.Stevens (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Perry Evs Betfred I'm in complete agreement with Russ here and can't really add much to what he has said. Stevens is in good form as he showed with a 141 break in the Welsh Open which was nearly enough to be the highest break in that tournament. Joe Perry has come through a wildcard match this week already but he was put under no pressure at all. I wouldn't say he played well he was just fortunate to have chances fed to him. The way Stevens has played over the last month or so he won't feed Perry with chances and he will punish the mistakes of Perry. I like the way Stevens is cueing right now and I think he'll win this and win it no worse than 5-3. 4pts N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Hendry 4/5 Paddy Power Neil Robertson was torn apart by Stephen Hendry in the Welsh Open when Hendry took us back a number of years with his performance but he showed in the next round that a performance like that is a rarity rather than the norm these days. Robertson made a 135 break in that match and lost 4-1 but he didn't do too much wrong. Having won the Masters we know he's in pretty good nick which is good enough for me. Stephen Hendry could be caught out a bit by the schedule. He was qualifying for the China Open on Friday afternoon and now he's playing a match in China on Wednesday night. By the time he's got home, packed and flown to China that won't have left a lot of preparation time or recovery time from his flight. That could have a massive effect on the match but with Hendry not producing much too often here I'll take the more confident and better quality of Neil Robertson to win this and win it by at least a couple of frames.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 1 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Trump, J (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.07 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Holt, M v Selby, M (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.83 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Ford, T (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.97 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.76 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Perry, J (06:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Campbell, M (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Cope, J (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.69 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jin, Long v Milkins, R (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.98 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lee, S v Robertson, N (11:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.88 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar +2 for me overall now with Murphy still running for me. Taking four in the second round on Thursday. 4pts J.Trump (-1.5 frames) to beat M.Allen Evs Boylesports These two are getting quite acquainted in recent tournaments. Judd beat Allen in the final of the UK Championship and then 5-2 in the second round of the German Masters last month and I think he will win this match too. His banging the balls in the pocket style seems to be the one which works in China in the heavy conditions. We've seen a few floated balls drift and some not even get to the pocket so the way Judd hammers them in seems to be the way forward. That would certainly ring true given that he won the China Open last season, the tournament which has kick started this incredible run of success he has enjoyed. While Judd clearly likes China and enjoys playing there, if his comments on twitter are anything to go by Mark Allen isn't as happy in the surroundings. Having slagged off pretty much everything about China it's fair to say the controversial Northern Irishman probably won't be too disappointed to board the flight home whenever he may board it. Not only is Trump's style more effective in these conditions but his game is clearly too good for Allen's at the minute and when you throw in Judd's confidence along with Allen's dislike for the surroundings he's playing in I think the outcome will be another win for the superstar and one which sees him winning no worse than 5-3. 4pts T.Ford to beat M.King Evs Stan James Not sure I overly agree with Tom Ford being the outsider in this match. Mark King enjoyed a superb win over Mark Williams in the first round but Williams has just run into a bit of a slump. He didn't play well in the Welsh Open and wasn't much better against King by all accounts. Ford had it on easy street in the first round because O'Sullivan never showed up but he has played a match in the wildcard round so he's had a game on the tables which isn't too bad. Ford's breakbuilding is what catches my eye here. Mark King doesn't win too many frames in one visit so the heavier scoring Tom Ford should enjoy the conditions here. Having won a PTC event earlier in the season, Ford's dander is up right now and while King played well in the first round I fancy he might need to up it for this match. Ford won't. A repeat of what he's been showing should be good enough for the Leicester man here. 3pts J.Cope to beat J.Higgins 9/4 Skybet I think Jamie Cope is a fair price to have a punt with here. It's fair to say I'm not the Shotgun's greatest fan but you can't argue with his 5-4 win over Martin Gould in the first round having been 4-2 behind. Cope seems to enjoy China having been a runner up in the China Open in the past and the way he bangs the balls in without fear could be a reason why. Having beaten Gould in the opening round Cope is almost freerolling now. Higgins isn't. He's under a lot of pressure because he's running out of time to find his form before he defends his World Championship crown next month. Higgins hasn't played well all season and as I mentioned in the Welsh Open he has spoken of motivational issues. If the balls need a bit of banging about in Hainan this week I'm not sure that will suit Higgins' game so I will take the erratic but seemingly more at ease in China, Cope to get a rare win over the defending champion at this price. 3pts S.Lee to beat N.Robertson 7/4 Betfred Stephen Lee couldn't have asked for a better result in the first round having come past Dominic Dale 5-0 without breaking sweat, which is quite tricky for someone of Lee's size :rollin. The same can't be said for Neil Robertson who really didn't look at home in the conditions and although he beat Stephen Hendry 5-3 in the first round he didn't play well and looked concerned and then frustrated with the table which in fairness did look to be rolling off a bit. Lee has played well for a while now and seems to have brought that form over to China with him and unless Robertson really steps up his game then I think Lee has every chance of going through here. The sweetness of Lee's cue action makes moving the balls around a bit easier for him so he's likely to score heavier than Robertson in this match and when all is said and done that could be the difference. I'm happy to play Lee with the form he's shown recently particularly at this price.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar One for me for later today. 4pts S.Lee to beat G.Dott 19/20 Boylesports Stephen Lee has been good to me so far this week and I will take him to continue to be on my side in this match. He's been the player of the week so far and while that doesn't mean anything he may well have a bit of a psychological edge going into this match as he has an 8-2 lead on Dott in their head to head records. So far this week Stephen Lee has walloped Dominic Dale 5-0 and then beat Neil Robertson 5-2 in a high quality match which had 5 centuries in it, three from the cue of the Englishman. Graeme Dott has come past two decent enough opponents but hasn't played anything like the snooker Stephen Lee has and hasn't faced anyone playing as well as Lee is. Dott can battle hard but these conditions aren't naturally likely to suit him whereas Lee's cue action gets him away with the heavy conditions. On all known form this week and form in the last two to three tournaments prior to this one, Stephen Lee must fancy his chances in this match. I fancy them too and will take the big lad in this match.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar

Can't be totally convinced with anything here so am taking 2 relative outsiders to have good runs. S.Lee to win World Open, 1pt EW @ 40/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) Stephen Lee has been in pretty decent nick lately and is cueing as well as he has for some years. His results echo that and it's only a matter of time before he reaches a major final, this week could be that week. Reached the semis in Germany and the quarters last week in Wales, and both times lost out the eventual tournament winner so certainly nothing to be disgraced about. With the exception of a potentially tough last 16 clash with Neil Robertson, he has what I would consider as good as draw as could be expected with the Spaceman to open with, before that encounter with Robbo. Then it's either the poor traveller, Graeme Dott, or possibly Shootout winner Hawkins, both of whom I'd expect him to beat. The other quarter in the top half looks weak too so 40's has to be considered too big.
Top shout Russ :clap Fingers crossed he does the business for you in the final!

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar

S.Lee to win World Open, 1pt EW @ 40/1 Coral (1/2 odds 1-2) Stephen Lee has been in pretty decent nick lately and is cueing as well as he has for some years. His results echo that and it's only a matter of time before he reaches a major final, this week could be that week. Reached the semis in Germany and the quarters last week in Wales, and both times lost out the eventual tournament winner so certainly nothing to be disgraced about. With the exception of a potentially tough last 16 clash with Neil Robertson, he has what I would consider as good as draw as could be expected with the Spaceman to open with, before that encounter with Robbo. Then it's either the poor traveller, Graeme Dott, or possibly Shootout winner Hawkins, both of whom I'd expect him to beat. The other quarter in the top half looks weak too so 40's has to be considered too big a price.
Really hope this comes in for you tomorrow Russ - it's a brilliant call mate. :ok Too many unknowns for me to get involved this week - new venue, dodgy conditions, players not happy etc etc - but I've quite enjoyed what I've seen and should be a decent final tomorrow.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Good luck Russ. Going against Lee myself though..... 5pts M.Allen (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Lee 5/6 Paddy Power I've been so impressed with Mark Allen this week and the way he came back from 5-2 down to Mark Selby was incredible really. In the frame he lost to go 5-2 down he rattled in some of the most remarkable pots I've ever seen but had no luck when it come to position but from 5-2 down he knocked in three half centuries and then a century to win it in the final frame. After coming from 3-0 down to Judd Trump with three centuries earlier in the week it's fair to say Allen is not only scoring fantastically but he's handling the pressure brilliantly. Stephen Lee hasn't really felt the pressure this week yet. He's only lost 5 frames in his four matches and to be fair to him he's played some fantastic snooker himself, particularly in humid conditions which have to be more uncomfortable for him than anyone else. The poor lad must be shedding stones in sweat this week :lol. In his win over Neil Robertson he banged in 3 tons in the 5 frames he's won and hasn't really looked back. However I'm yet to be totally convinced Stephen Lee deals with pressure well and that's why I fancy Allen here. I know Allen hasn't won a major title yet but in his only major final he banged in four centuries but ran into the Juddernaut on top form. If he plays like that in this final I think he'll win it and he could win it a shade more cosily than the 10-8 I need him to win by here. A major title has been a long time in coming for someone of Mark Allen's class but I think he will claim his first one here and win it no worse than 10-8.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Unlucky with Lee in the final Russ but a cracking shout on the big lad :clap:clap:clap. Allen's win ended me in a small profit of 1.20pts for the week which was a fairly quiet week for me with conditions not easy to guage. Aiming to be a lot busier in the three remaining tournaments of the season. Well done to all with winning picks this week.

Re: Haikou World Open 2012 - 27 Feb - 4 Mar Cheers guys:ok Well beaten in the final but will take the EW returns. Apologies for being so quiet in the thread though. Great shout on Allen, Kev....shame you didn't take the -8.5 handicap line:lol