** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 22 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Manchester City v FC Porto (17:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.93 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 23 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Athletic Bilbao v Lokomotiv Moscow (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.49 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Club Brugge v Hannover 96 (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.48 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.27 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.97 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Twente v Steaua Bucuresti (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.93 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.46 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] PAOK v Udinese (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.48 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]106.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] PSV Eindhoven v Trabzonspor (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.59 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Standard de Liège v Wisla Kraków (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.91 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.01 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.04 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Valencia v Stoke City (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.47 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.14 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.52 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderlecht v AZ Alkmaar (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.24 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.07 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]107.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Atlético Madrid v Lazio (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Besiktas JK v Sporting de Braga (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.21 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Schalke 04 v FC Viktoria Plzen (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.29 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Manchester United v Ajax (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Metalist Kharkiv v FC Red Bull Salzburg (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.39 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.42 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Olympiacos v Rubin Kazan (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.18 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sporting CP v Legia Warszawa (20:05 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.49 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]108.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Man City -1.5 @ 2.68 bet365 With a game against lowly Blackburn at home on this weekend, Man City can play a full strength line up to ensure they advance into the next round. They lead 2-1 from the first leg, and Porto need to attack and score at least two goals to knock them off. But having been below par, Man City showed their class to score twice, and hard to see them being beaten by Porto, especially at home, where they have scored at least two goals in 10 of their last 12 games in all competitions, while they have scored at least three goals in 7 of these 12 home games. They have also had clean sheets in 5 of their last 8 home games, so getting past a defence which should be at full strength, then hard to see Porto doing enough to get near them. PSV Eindhoven -1.5 @ 2.53 pinnacle Having scored twice to win 2-1 in the first leg, like PSV to carry on with that form, as they played well in Turkey, as two early goals gave them an easy cushion from that game, and though they defended well, despite conceding a goal, they could have easily scored several more on the counter. Trabonzspor will need to attack to get a goal and bring them back into this tie, but as showed in the first leg, PSV are patient enough to sit and wait for their chance to create opportunities to score. PSV have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home games in the Eredeivisie and the Cup, while Trabonzspor have allowed at least 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 road games in the Turkish League, and doubt that they have enough to peg back the difference, but like PSV to be more clinical with their chances. Valencia -1.5 @ 2.32 pinnacle Stoke are usually pretty good at home, but they got done in the first leg, as Valencia managed to beta them 1-0. On the road, they have not been good in the EPL, losing 3 of their last 5 road games, and conceding at least two goals in each of these losses, and were fortunate to draw 0-0 with Liverpool, where they were lucky not to lose by a few goals. Like the way Valencia took it to Barcelona on the weekend, and for a long period they were in it. Once they conceded the third goal, the other two goals soon followed, but Stoke do not have a Messi who can cause the damage he did. Valencia have won 9 of their last 12 home games, and have also scored at least two goals in 9 of these 12 home games, with 5 clean sheets, and only once allowing more than one goal (lost 3-2 at home to Real Madrid). Valencia were pretty comfortable with Stoke's tactics in the first leg, and doubt that they will have too much trouble here. Man Utd -1.5 @ 2.09 pinnacle Having picked up a good 2-0 win in the first leg, Man Utd should be able to go and finish the job here, as they looked too classy for Ajax. They have scored at least two goals in 7 of their last 8 games in all competitions, as well as in their last 6 home games in the EPL, and this represents a huge task for Ajax to stay near them, as they may be resigned to not getting through after their loss last week. In front of their own crowd, like Man Utd to put in a good display and win this game well, and ensure passage into the next round, as Ajax may be now more concerned about getting back in touch with the leaders in the Dutch League

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Manchester City - FC Porto 11, light rain Sporting Lisbon - Legia 12, clear Olympiakos Piraeus - Rubin Kazan 11, partly cloudy PAOK - Udinese 10, clear PSV - Trabzonspor 10, cloudy Anderlecht - AZ Alkmaar 10, cloudy Atl. Madrid - Lazio 9, clear Valencia - Stoke City 9, clear Club Brugge - Hannover 9, cloudy Manchester United - Ajax 9, cloudy Twente - Steaua Bucuresti 9, cloudy Besiktas - Braga 8, clear Ath Bilbao - Lokomotiv Moscow 7, clear St. Liege - Wisla 7, cloudy Schalke - Plzen 7, light drizzle Metalist Kharkov - Salzburg -1, snow

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Man City vs Porto = over (1.75) Totosì stake 6/10 Man City position 1° points 60 Porto position 2° points 46 Preview: Porto: absent: Marc Janko (striker 2/2), Lucho Gonzalez (midfielder 2/0), Alvaro Pereira (Defender 15/1), Danilo (defender 3/0), Mangala (defender 5/0); in doubt: Kleber (striker 15/6); injured: Emidio Rafael (defender 0/0). Man City has a score in the home of w12-d0-l0 goals scored 37 goals against 6 while the Porto has a score out of the house w5-d3-l1 goals scored 15 goals against 7. The first leg away to Porto ended with the victory of Manchester City by a score of 2-1. The home team is the main candidate to win the cup, is in great shape, has a fleet of world-class players. The Port has problems of absenteeism very important especially in the defense department and will have many problems against City. In the end I think this is a game full of goals. Quote of the over down on many books. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Man City vs Porto = over (1.75) Totosì stake 6/10 Man City position 1° points 60 Porto position 2° points 46 Preview: Porto: absent: Marc Janko (striker 2/2), Lucho Gonzalez (midfielder 2/0), Alvaro Pereira (Defender 15/1), Danilo (defender 3/0), Mangala (defender 5/0); in doubt: Kleber (striker 15/6); injured: Emidio Rafael (defender 0/0). Man City has a score in the home of w12-d0-l0 goals scored 37 goals against 6 while the Porto has a score out of the house w5-d3-l1 goals scored 15 goals against 7. The first leg away to Porto ended with the victory of Manchester City by a score of 2-1. The home team is the main candidate to win the cup, is in great shape, has a fleet of world-class players. The Port has problems of absenteeism very important especially in the defense department and will have many problems against City. In the end I think this is a game full of goals. Quote of the over down on many books. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Although it is never completely safe to say 'team A does not want to win this match', I have doubts over Lazio's motivation for the match against Atletico. Yes they will send a decent team out, but given their 3-1 deficit and their squad issues they may struggle to motivate themselves for this match. They are losing momentum in the league and are in the midst of a fierce battle between themselves, Udinese, Roma, Napoli and Inter to claim the 3rd CL spot. Their squad is as follows: [TABLE=class: contentpaneopen, width: 0]

[TR] [TD]Goalkeepers: Berardi, Gonzo, Marchetti; Defenders: Diakite, Dias, Konko, Lulic, Zauri, Barluzzi, Beans, Serpieri; Midfielders: Candreva, Gonzalez, Hernanes, Ledesma, Matuzalem, Mauri, Paw; Forwards: Kozak, Rozzi. Konko is still not training freely so I don't know whether he will be named in the starting XI. Klose has been left at home to rest. The games are mounting up though I doubt they will name a weakened XI for this match and totally abandon hope. A reasonable XI would be: Marchetti; Zauri, Diakite, Dias, Lulic; Ledesma, Matuzalem; Candreva, Hernanes, Mauri; Kozak It's ok, but nothing special by any means. The whole team has an air of flatness about it. Few players look willing to step up and drag the team along. The D is suspect, midfield is so-so, while Kozak doesn't see much playing time. Mauri returning is a plus alongside Hernanes because Candreva looks further away from a pro footballer every time I see him. If they decide to employ their recent back 3 then all could completely crumble. Dias, Diakite and Konko/Zauri/Ledesma is ridiculous and would get torn to shreds. I can't say that I have watched Atletico extensively but it is clear they have attacking weapons. I don't think that they would change their approach to this match. In theory Lazio have to come out fighting and Atletico may well just trade with them. The home side are short but I see very little chance for Lazio to stop Atletico in this one. Atletico win - 1.53 - 6 points - Bet365 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Man City v Porto Weds 22 Feb 17.00 Second Leg, City lead 2-1 from the first leg As I see it, Porto need to score at least two goals, as a 1-0 win to them would see them lost on away goals. So they will have to attack City to try to score. As Porto tend to get a lot of corners, I have been looking at the corners markets for this game. Both clubs were demoted from the Champions League to the Europa League. Stats are available for the number of corners each club won in the Champions League - Porto averaged 7 corners per game over their 6 games and conceded av. 5.83 Average corner superiority = 1.17 City averaged 4.33 in their 6 games and conceded av. 3.5 Average corner superiority = 0.83 http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/statistics/round=2000263/clubs/type=corners/index.html In Europe this season, Porto tend to get a lot of corners and concede a lot. City don't get many and don't concede many - probably because they play a more defensive style. In the first leg in Porto last week, the corner count was Porto 5 - City 2 ... http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000273/match=2007420/postmatch/report/index.html There seems to be a good chance that Porto will be more corners than Man City tonight. But the current odds have City as strong favourites to get most corners. So I think there is value in backing Porto. There are various ways of doing this with various bookies and Betfair. One bet I like is: Corner Handicap Porto +1.5 AH 1.975 Bet 365 This wins as long as City don't get 2 more corners than Porto.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Man City 4/7 @ Hills Expecting goals tonight as Porto have nothing to lose. They need to attack so this is where Man City should capitalize. They have fielded possibly their strongest team possible and will no doubt want to ensure progression into the next round comfortably.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February

Man City v Porto Weds 22 Feb 17.00 Second Leg, City lead 2-1 from the first leg As I see it, Porto need to score at least two goals, as a 1-0 win to them would see them lost on away goals. So they will have to attack City to try to score. As Porto tend to get a lot of corners, I have been looking at the corners markets for this game. Both clubs were demoted from the Champions League to the Europa League. Stats are available for the number of corners each club won in the Champions League - Porto averaged 7 corners per game over their 6 games and conceded av. 5.83 Average corner superiority = 1.17 City averaged 4.33 in their 6 games and conceded av. 3.5 Average corner superiority = 0.83 http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2012/statistics/round=2000263/clubs/type=corners/index.html In Europe this season, Porto tend to get a lot of corners and concede a lot. City don't get many and don't concede many - probably because they play a more defensive style. In the first leg in Porto last week, the corner count was Porto 5 - City 2 ... http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2012/matches/round=2000273/match=2007420/postmatch/report/index.html There seems to be a good chance that Porto will be more corners than Man City tonight. But the current odds have City as strong favourites to get most corners. So I think there is value in backing Porto. There are various ways of doing this with various bookies and Betfair. One bet I like is: Corner Handicap Porto +1.5 AH 1.975 Bet 365 This wins as long as City don't get 2 more corners than Porto.
Result: Man City 4 Porto 0 Corner count: 4-8 Bet won :ok I saw most of the game, and I'm pleased to say I got this one right. Porto had most of the possession and play and did most of the pressing, but just couldn't score. City defended well and caught Porto on the break. The half time corner count was 1-2. City then attacked at the start of the second half, and at around 60 minutes, the corner count was 4-2 to them. But Porto stepped up their attacking again in the last half an hour in search of goals and racked up 6 more corners.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Valencia -1.25 (AH) v stoke @ 1.90 bet365 10 points Max bet on Valencia handicap for me here. The travelling Stoke squad has been announced and it's a shocker. Most key players such as shawcross, etherington, Walters and crouch have been left behind. After losing the home leg pulls has clearly given up and is now focusing on Sunday's match with Swansea instead. A bit of a kick in the balls for the 8000 travelling stoke fans on route to Valencia. Stoke have still got a few good players starting in pennant, huth and kenwyne jones. But they face a massive uphill task here and even with a full squad travelling they would likely get beat. But with a small under strength squad, Stoke will massively have their work cut out against a Valencia side who have a fine home record. Pulis has made a clear statement of intent and that is that he's already written this one off. That alone is enough for me to get heavily involved. The prospect of 36 year old salif diao starting in midfield and championship at best Danny Collins in defence fills me with dread as a stoke fan. Might as well earn some money off it though and back Valencia.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Something extra to consider with the Lazio game. Reja reportedly handed in his resignation once again this afternoon and it was rejected once again by Lotito. It is quite symbolic of the club at the moment but still strange as they are theoretically in the chase for 3rd place. Anyway, it's probably not going to be a positive for Lazio with regards to tomorrow.

Valencia -1.25 (AH) v stoke @ 1.90 bet365 10 points Max bet on Valencia handicap for me here. The travelling Stoke squad has been announced and it's a shocker. Most key players such as shawcross, etherington, Walters and crouch have been left behind. After losing the home leg pulls has clearly given up and is now focusing on Sunday's match with Swansea instead. A bit of a kick in the balls for the 8000 travelling stoke fans on route to Valencia. Stoke have still got a few good players starting in pennant, huth and kenwyne jones. But they face a massive uphill task here and even with a full squad travelling they would likely get beat. But with a small under strength squad, Stoke will massively have their work cut out against a Valencia side who have a fine home record. Pulis has made a clear statement of intent and that is that he's already written this one off. That alone is enough for me to get heavily involved. The prospect of 36 year old salif diao starting in midfield and championship at best Danny Collins in defence fills me with dread as a stoke fan. Might as well earn some money off it though and back Valencia.
Have to agree with this (apart from the travelling 8000 bit!) and this will be a game with odds movement tomorrow, got to be pissed off with Pulis telling all the Stoke fans to save their pennies so they can go to Valencia, then resting most of the first choice team! No Crouch, Walters, Whelan, Whitehead, Etherington, Wilson, Shawcross, Upson, its v.unlikely they would pull off a result anyway but the chances are much reduced now you would have to say. I saw pretty much their first team at Priestfield earlier in the season and they beat us 3-1, I thought they were cack, taking a weaker team than they fielded then is asking for trouble.. That being said this is the Europa League, generally a punting graveyard! I have had what I thought were absolute 100% sure winners blown out of the water in this comp. The tie isn't over at 1-0 so Valencia should field a strong line-up although will have one eye on the game against Sevilla at the weekend, Éver Banega and Tino Costa are out, I personally wouldn't go above a -1AH as Stoke should not be underestimated even if weakened.

Valencia -1.25 (AH) v stoke @ 1.90 bet365 10 points Max bet on Valencia handicap for me here. The travelling Stoke squad has been announced and it's a shocker. Most key players such as shawcross, etherington, Walters and crouch have been left behind. After losing the home leg pulls has clearly given up and is now focusing on Sunday's match with Swansea instead. A bit of a kick in the balls for the 8000 travelling stoke fans on route to Valencia. Stoke have still got a few good players starting in pennant, huth and kenwyne jones. But they face a massive uphill task here and even with a full squad travelling they would likely get beat. But with a small under strength squad, Stoke will massively have their work cut out against a Valencia side who have a fine home record. Pulis has made a clear statement of intent and that is that he's already written this one off. That alone is enough for me to get heavily involved. The prospect of 36 year old salif diao starting in midfield and championship at best Danny Collins in defence fills me with dread as a stoke fan. Might as well earn some money off it though and back Valencia.
I hate it when manager's make decisions like this, it is really not fair on the club's supporters. Stoke aren't going to get relegated, they're not going to finish in the top four, why not make a go of it and try and win in Valencia? Sorry to get off-topic, just as a football fan this kind of thinking really angers me.

Couldn't agree with you more. I think I am almost as confident as you. Stoke play their 'best' football at the Britannia and if they couldn't beat Valencia at home with a full team, then how are they going to achieve anything in Spain with a second string side?

Man City vs Porto = over (1.75) Totosì stake 6/10 Man City position 1° points 60 Porto position 2° points 46 Preview: Porto: absent: Marc Janko (striker 2/2), Lucho Gonzalez (midfielder 2/0), Alvaro Pereira (Defender 15/1), Danilo (defender 3/0), Mangala (defender 5/0); in doubt: Kleber (striker 15/6); injured: Emidio Rafael (defender 0/0). Man City has a score in the home of w12-d0-l0 goals scored 37 goals against 6 while the Porto has a score out of the house w5-d3-l1 goals scored 15 goals against 7. The first leg away to Porto ended with the victory of Manchester City by a score of 2-1. The home team is the main candidate to win the cup, is in great shape, has a fleet of world-class players. The Port has problems of absenteeism very important especially in the defense department and will have many problems against City. In the end I think this is a game full of goals. Quote of the over down on many books. :hope
Ca$HHHHH :cow

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Bilbao - Lokomotiv Moscow = over (1.80) Totosì stake 6/10 Bilbao position 4° points 33 Lokomotiv Moscow position 6° points 53 Preview: Bilbao: Suspended: Aurtenetxe (defender 18/1); Injured: Igor Martinez (midfield 2/0), Carlos Gurpegui (midfielder 7/0). Lokomotiv Moscow: injured: Roman Pavlyuchenko (striker 0/0); Suspended: Maicon (striker 31/3). With the arrival of Marcelo Bielsa Bilbao the league is doing a fabulous lies fourth in the Premier League, is in the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona, is still competing in the Europa League. The game went into the house of the Russian game ended with the score 2-1 for Lokomotiv. The home team has won the last league game at home with the score 3-0 against Malaga. For tonight's game, the coach Bielsa on Sunday he rested some players are very important. For Lokomotiv this will be the second official match of 2012, players will not be 100% ready for this game and then think of a field as difficult as that of Bilbao over the physical form and the upper class of the home team will not have many problems in getting rid of the Russians. Match me with a lot of actions to goals, declining share of the over on many books. Lokomotiv Moscow are unbeaten in 4 matches. Markel Susaeta is the leading scorer for Athletic with his 3 goals. Dmitri Sychev has made ​​6 for Lokomotiv Moscow. :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Valencia -1.5 AH vs Stoke @ 2.00 (Bet365:5pts) Can't add a whole lot to whats already been said. I would have fancied Valencia to win tonight regardless of who Stoke brought over there with them, but Pulis has left players behind with a big league game in mind this weekend, and I can only see one outcome here. Valencia should have most of the possession here, Stoke's centre mid is very average, and I really cannot see them causing Valencia major problems. Emery is a quality coach, he was bang up for the away game in Stoke and even had them getting into some physical clashes to neutralize Stoke's tactics...tonight I would expect it to be normal service, get the ball down and try to attack Stoke.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Atl. Bilbao vs Lokomotiv Moskva The first match - 1:2. In Moscow, Lokomotiv, despite the lack of match practice, was able to show character. The russians gave the spaniards the first half - 0-1, but the second managed to change the course of the meeting and winning - 2:1. However, such an account more in favor of the spaniards, who, perhaps traveling to Russia to score a goal, and if they lose, it is minimal. In the first half, Athletic, thanks to the beautiful and fast play, their task completed. But, further, whether frozen, or relaxed, not believing that Loko can bounce, but eventually lost. I doubt that today, guests will be able to oppose the power of same basques. The team are really impressive in Spain. Athletic scored an amazing shape, and a big win over Malaga at home - 3-0 good evidence of this. Yes, the basques in 4 minutes of the second half they took and made a very strong team of examples, which in team composition is not inferior to Valencia and Seville. However, Bilbao spun a carousel at the gate andalusians that they were simply erased from the time of the stadium "San Mames." Lokomotiv to keep a flurry of attacks, of the basques is also not possible. Now, Loko can be compared with a team that completed the group stage on the road against Anderlecht. Then the match was no use to anyone, and Loko have rested a couple of weeks without football. Result - 5:3 in favor of the belgians. Athletic stronger than Anderlecht, and set a good result in the Europa League. Plus an excellent form of the hosts. Young basques Susaeta, Munyain, De Marcos just tear opponents defense, and Llorente, cold "killer", bring all the efforts of locals to its logical conclusion. In general, the basques today are irresistible, while Loko simply do not have the forces that will help them not to lose. Moreover, in European competition against strong teams Loko not well played. Bilbao -1.25 1.88 Ladbrokes

Can anyone confirm that Athletic Bilbao are taking their game seriously? If so I agree with Kavkaz they look a good bet.
If wasnt why protege two main players: Amorebieta and Llorente and others in last match from Primera againt Malaga. In the first half Malaga had shots on target 8-0, corners 8-1. Everyone see Bilbao - Malaga 3:0 WOW stunning, but few know what was really happening in the first 45 minutes, Bilbao were "zero": shot on goals, chances to score... because theyr key players were on the bench, and some reserves are not level of regulars, normal for average teams. Coach changed quickly and after break guess who came in: Amorebieta and Llorente stepped in and the result was immediatly changed: 3 goals in 4 minutes. Bilbao by playing in the Spanish Cup Finals are assured participation in the next years of Europa League.

Atl. Bilbao vs Lokomotiv Moskva The first match - 1:2. In Moscow, Lokomotiv, despite the lack of match practice, was able to show character. The russians gave the spaniards the first half - 0-1, but the second managed to change the course of the meeting and winning - 2:1. However, such an account more in favor of the spaniards, who, perhaps traveling to Russia to score a goal, and if they lose, it is minimal. In the first half, Athletic, thanks to the beautiful and fast play, their task completed. But, further, whether frozen, or relaxed, not believing that Loko can bounce, but eventually lost. I doubt that today, guests will be able to oppose the power of same basques. The team are really impressive in Spain. Athletic scored an amazing shape, and a big win over Malaga at home - 3-0 good evidence of this. Yes, the basques in 4 minutes of the second half they took and made a very strong team of examples, which in team composition is not inferior to Valencia and Seville. However, Bilbao spun a carousel at the gate andalusians that they were simply erased from the time of the stadium "San Mames." Lokomotiv to keep a flurry of attacks, of the basques is also not possible. Now, Loko can be compared with a team that completed the group stage on the road against Anderlecht. Then the match was no use to anyone, and Loko have rested a couple of weeks without football. Result - 5:3 in favor of the belgians. Athletic stronger than Anderlecht, and set a good result in the Europa League. Plus an excellent form of the hosts. Young basques Susaeta, Munyain, De Marcos just tear opponents defense, and Llorente, cold "killer", bring all the efforts of locals to its logical conclusion. In general, the basques today are irresistible, while Loko simply do not have the forces that will help them not to lose. Moreover, in European competition against strong teams Loko not well played. Bilbao -1.25 1.88 Ladbrokes
I know Athletic Bilbao have a good team and are strong at home, but surely odds of 1.44 are too short. Do they really have a 69% chance of winning?

If wasnt why protege two main players: Amorebieta and Llorente and others in last match from Primera againt Malaga. In the first half Malaga had shots on target 8-0, corners 8-1. Everyone see Bilbao - Malaga 3:0 WOW stunning, but few know what was really happening in the first 45 minutes, Bilbao were "zero": shot on goals, chances to score... because theyr key players were on the bench, and some reserves are not level of regulars, normal for average teams. Coach changed quickly and after break guess who came in: Amorebieta and Llorente stepped in and the result was immediatly changed: 3 goals in 4 minutes. Bilbao by playing in the Spanish Cup Finals are assured participation in the next years of Europa League.
Was thinking more about CL than Europa League, they can finish fourth but it's very tight with a lot of teams going for it...but if they rested players for this game then that's fair enough.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February Lineups I could find: Valencia-Stoke http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Valencia-Stoke/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145192--1-1 Besiktas-Braga http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Besiktas-Braga/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145199--1-1 Atletico Madrid-Lazio http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Atletico Madrid-Lazio/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145195--1-1 Twente-Steaua http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Twente-Steaua Bucuresti/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145196--1-1 PSV-Trabzonspor http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/PSV Eindhoven-Trabzonspor/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145201--1-1 Manchester United-Ajax http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Manchester United-Ajax/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145189--1-1 There are some important missings, for example Klose from Lazio or Rooney from ManU. In general, I think all these matches are pretty close and the underdogs got a good chance. Of these six, I only wouldn't give any chance to Stoke against Valencia. Besiktas is better when visiting than when playing at home. Both Besiktas and Braga are Portuguese teams, and Braga is used to that style of play. Actually, the whole concept of Braga's game style is revolving around countering the top Portuguese teams. I believe the visitors can grab at least a point.

Besiktas is better when visiting than when playing at home. Both Besiktas and Braga are Portuguese teams, and Braga is used to that style of play. Actually, the whole concept of Braga's game style is revolving around countering the top Portuguese teams. I believe the visitors can grab at least a point.
You are very right about Braga. And I am pretty sure they wouldn't lose in Istanbul under different circumstances. But this 0:2 deficit (after a ridiculous red card) changes everything. Now Braga cannot play their favorite style - defense and counter-attack. They must press and attack, and they aren't good enough at it. I would rather skip this game for this reason.

Lineups I could find: Valencia-Stoke http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Valencia-Stoke/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145192--1-1 Besiktas-Braga http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Besiktas-Braga/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145199--1-1 Atletico Madrid-Lazio http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Atletico Madrid-Lazio/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145195--1-1 Twente-Steaua http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Twente-Steaua Bucuresti/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145196--1-1 PSV-Trabzonspor http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/PSV Eindhoven-Trabzonspor/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145201--1-1 Manchester United-Ajax http://www.oddsnavigator.eu/match/Soccer/UEFA Cup 1 Europa League/Manchester United-Ajax/1x2-ord-juice_a-1145189--1-1 There are some important missings, for example Klose from Lazio or Rooney from ManU. In general, I think all these matches are pretty close and the underdogs got a good chance. Of these six, I only wouldn't give any chance to Stoke against Valencia. Besiktas is better when visiting than when playing at home. Both Besiktas and Braga are Portuguese teams, and Braga is used to that style of play. Actually, the whole concept of Braga's game style is revolving around countering the top Portuguese teams. I believe the visitors can grab at least a point.
I appreciate you are trying to be helpful, but these are not confirmed line-ups - just guess work. The real line-ups will be available on the UEFA website about an hour before kick off.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Weds 22 & Thurs 23 February My favorite bets for tonight: Twente-Steaua Over 2.5 goals at 1.8 (bet365) Very attacking styles of both teams, particularly Twente at home. The first game was more tactical, but a "0:1" makes the return game much more open, as Steaua has no other chances but to open-up, and Twente enjoys attacking football at home. Have been watching quite a few Twente Eredivisie games, and I've seen they create a lot of chances, but meanwhile, they commit quite too many defensive mistakes. Steaua is also a solid team with a lot of experience in Europe. They would definitely score a goal in Entshede. I was thinking about trying "Twente&over2.5" at 2.2, as I am positive the home side won't lose this game, but I think that the over at 1.8 is a good price and a more secure bet. Man United - Ajax Ajax+1.5 at 1.775 (bet365) This game has been already decided in Amsterdam, and United never tend to put much effort in decided games even in CL. There many indications that SAF will not use his best squad. Rooney will be probablt missing, and he is the key link between United midfielders and attack, and without him their game is much more toothless. Besides, United have a very tough game in Norwich this weekend. I expect a very low tempo in this game, and probably a draw or a minimal victory for United. The only possible reason for concern would be if Berbatov starts this game as he tends to be prolific in such easy and decided games.