** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 21 February

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 21 February Edinson Cavani to score first @ 6.20 (efbet.com) is my bet for tonight! This guy is a scoring machine, scored already 15 times in Seria A (7 times as 1st goalscorer), also scored in 2 of 3 home games this season in CL, he is the penalty kicker for the team......... cheers

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 21 February

CSKA - R.Madrid The referee for this game is Bjorn Kuipers from the Netherlands. Here are the stats from the recent games he was in charge of: Basel 2-1 Man.United (4 yellow cards) Rep. of Ireland 1-1 Estonia (2 yellow cards) B.Munich 3-2 Napoli (4 yellow and 2 red cards) Wales 2-0 Switzerland (3 yellow, 1 red and 1 penalty) Trabzonspor 1-1 Lille (5 yellow and 1 penalty) Looks like this referee likes to show cards. Meanwhile since CSKA will be missing a number of important players some inexperienced youngsters will play in this game who I believe will not be able to handle the pressure of such an important game, which in my opinion will result in many fouls. Over 45 Booking Points @ 2.37 (2 units) William Hill
Stupid referee, there were at least 2 yellow cards in the first half which he didn't show.

The odds for CSKA NOT to score look pretty good to me. CSKA home group results CSKA 2 Inter 3 CSKA 3 Trabzonspor 0 CSKA 0 Lille 2 They scored 5 in 3 home games, but Real are at least a class above those teams and have a much stronger defence. Real's away group results: Dinamo Zagreb 0 Real 1 Lyon 0 Real 2 Ajax 0 Real 3 Real kept clean sheets in all three away games. Real Madrid clean sheet 2.1 Ladbrokes I would have thought a Real clean sheet is more likely than not, so should be a fair bit shorter than 2.1.
Result: 1-1 Bet lost I saw most of the game and thought Real deserved to win. Their all-round play was a class above CSKA's, although CSKA played better than I expected. Real generally dominated the play, but CSKA attacked more in the second half, with Real giving them a bit too much room. CSKA were still attacking as the game went into extra time and eventually equalised in the last minute of injury time.

You've forgotten that CSKA have two new players from Eredivisie: Nigerian striker Musa (5m) from Venlo and Swedish midfielder Wernbloom (3m) from AZ, but I'm not sure whether Wernbloom will play. However, Ronaldo & co on artificial pitch for 1.40? No value for me despite all home team missings...
1:1 I warned you

A single of Real Madrid to qualify @ 1.11 (Boylesports) is my bet (as well as Napoli DNB' date=' which has already been covered here). They are much the better side and even if they struggle in Russia they will do what they need to at the Bernabeu. CSKA's match fitness and injuries are a concern for them, but tonight's game could be a draw what with the weather and plastic pitch (although weather has been exaggerated a bit on betting sites, probably only -2) so I'd rather take the 1.11 for Real to qualify than similar odds for Real DNB tonight.[/quote'] I was gonna take the same @ 1.12 last night, but decided it was a bit iffy that Real have three league games between today and the return, and (minor) worries about injuries. Still am quite sure they'll go through. Maybe I'll look at them to qualify still, albeit at much smaller odds, of course.

I agree with you Mustafa, and actually you've been doing a good job here, especially on EPL As for Chelsea - they are in serious trouble. If a manager says he does not need his players to back him, it's apparently sth going shitty wrong in their dressing room. Also, the defence is a joke, even with Terry who may miss this one. I remeber Chelsea from past seasons and they were never conceding so many goals as now. They face a very solid Napoli side whose attackers will run at their poor defence and bring more trouble on AVB. Napoli to score 3 goals or more @6 is my pick, 8/10 pts
Lavezzi, Cavani, grazie ragazzi massive 42-point profit :)

On the other hand, atmosphere in Naples will be unbelievable, that's for sure. Reg df Campagnaro is doubtful and coach Mazzari is suspended. Important Terry and Cole are doubtful for away side, so I think Napoli DNB 1.65 is value.
3:1 congrats to all who pick Napoli... wonderful night for Neapolitans who played in serie C 6 years ago :clap

I also think Napoli is going to win. They are very motivated for the great matches like this one, and Chelsea is very poor with AVB. Napoli to win 2,27 @Titanbet
Bet won! It is only a pitty that I didn't take this bet earlier when the odds were higher. It is like the Serie A is better this year then the Premier League. Arsenal is as good as out. Chelsea has a little chance to win with 2-0 or more. And City went out against Napoli.

Moan I was on the absolute fucking verge of sticking money on Napoli at 2.700, now its bloody 2.400 at best. Fucking hell im still going to put money on it but it bloody hurts. Thats money I lost! Even if my bet wins im going to grovel over the extra dosh I could have won! Chelsea are seriously in trouble imo, AVB under fire, couldnt hold on to leads away from home at the Mestalla or at the Bay arena against Valencia and Leverkusen respectively. Their performance against Birmingham was extremely modest to say the least in a game they were expected to win comfortably. Added with the fact that Arsenal got raped earlier at the San Siro, Napoli should fancy their chances. Napoli 2.400 Pinnacle 10/10
Good win, +14 units. Though its back to the same old story again of me being a greedy pig. I could of had +17 units so technically I am 3 units worse off! However that would mean that i'd want my bet to lose since it wont have made a difference how much I would have won. I know luck has no memory but I just cant explain it. Anyways im just crazy. Not trying to after event but I had a mug punt on CSKA +1.25, and was lucky to win both halves of my bet.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 21 February Real Madrid were so wasteful tonight they could of easily killed the game off with 3-0 but they just went through the motions for the most part after scoring. They looked awkward on that artificial pitch which saw the ball get stuck under players' feet so often... When Kaka came on they looked like they were down to 10 men (that lazy bastard!) Then Russians equalise with last play of the game :puke Today really hurt my bankroll

Real Madrid -1.5 @ 2.30 pinnacle CSKA Moscow have yet to start their league and despite playing several friendlies, they will not be match fit for a game against one of the best sides in the world. Real have plenty of firepower all over the park, and expect them to be able to take it to CSKA, considering that they have scored at least 3 goals in 4 of their last 5 games in the Primera Liga. Even in the CL, they have been ruthless on the road, beating Ajax 3-0, Lyon 2-0 and while they only won 1-0 at Dinamo Zagreb, it was a game that easily cold have been 5 or 6 to nil. CSKA did lose 2-0 at home to Lille and 3-2 to Inter Milan, and neither side is playing as well as Real Madrid , who will be looking to a good lead into the second leg at home. Napoli @ 2.34 pinnacle Napoli's defence has held up well in their last 4 Serie A games, as they have not conceded in any of these games, while they have won the last two games, scoring 5 goals, with Cavani in particular scoring some goals. At home they have lost just once in their last 12 games in all competitions, with a 2-1 win over Man City a good show of how good they are at home. They will like their chances of beating Chelsea who are struggling to produce any sort of winning form, as they have 3 draws and a loss in their last 4 games in all competitions, and struggled to a 1-1 draw with Birmingham on the weekend in the FA Cup. They are finding it hard to score, and without Terry in the backline, they are leaking goals. While Terry may play, he will not be 100%, which will mean players like Cavani and Lavezzi can exploit this. Napoli have the better form coming into this game, and like them to beat Chelsea, who did not win any of their 3 away games in the CL group stage, losing 2-1 at Bayer Leverkusen, drawin 1-1 at Racing Genk and 1-1 at Valencia.
How Real did not score more than once i do not know. Should have won much more easily, rather than conceding a poor equaliser at the end. Napoli showed how many problems Chelsea have. Still Chelsea had their fair chances to score, so they are not out of it.

Napoli v Chelsea Key stat: Napoli are unbeaten in their last 11 European home matches. Chelsea laboured to a 1-1 draw at home to Birmingham on Sunday and they could be heading for a damaging defeat in Naples. The blues are going through their roughest patch in an ordinary season and face a serious examination against a Napoli side who proved too strong for premier league table topping Manchester City in the group stages. Napoli @ 2.42 (10 units) Betfair
Twice on a row I've won big by backing against Chelsea... +14 units. Welll done to everyone that backed Napoli. Mister Badham

So, I personally choose: Real Madrid AH -1 at 1.7 (Bet365)
Bet Lost :-( Really, I mean really unlucky one. CSKA could barely organize a meaningful attack! I think their goal in the extra time was just the second shot on goal for the whole game and it was the first and only real chance. However, Real Madrid didn't play that well offensively. Yes, they had chances to score a second goal after half-time (Ronaldo missed two 100% chances) and kill-off the game, but generally they were not very consistent and aggressive in their attack. Lessons from this bet and game: - Never equate international tournament to domestic league games. Spanish teams open-up much more than CSKA did - actually, the Russians played type of catenaccio the whole game. Also, Real Madrid had completely different mentality in this tournament game - minding their defense and searching for a narrow victory. - Consider the artificial pitch factor. I think it did affect the technical skills of Madrid players. - Be careful with the starting line-up when picking an aggressive bet (like negative Asian handicap). Real picked the young Callejon who was unprepared and too fresh for such a tournament battle in the severe Moscow conditions, as well as the very soft Gonzalo Higuain, who might be a great goal-scorer at Bernabeu against weaker Primera sides, but is very harmless in close and tough games. Had Benzema and Di Maria been available for Madrid, I think they would have easily grabbed a comfortable victory.

Re: UEFA Champions League > Tuesday 21 February Went for Real -1 instead of Napoli! Last time I go against the trend of the wise people of this forum! Brilliant call by who said Napoli to get 3 or more! :ok

Ronaldo and Cavani both to score at any time tonight is over 3 to one. Could be a bit of fun
This just about saved me though!