** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Club Challenge 2012 - Leeds vs Manly

kevshat

Re: World Club Challenge 2012 - Leeds vs Manly 5pts Manly Sea Eagles -4.5 pts @ 1.94 (IASBet) I have to side with Manly here. Manly were a dominant force throughout the entire 2011 NRL season, and will be fielding a very strong team. Leeds on the other hand finished 5th after a relatively average season and won the Super League as a result of an excellent finals series. Manly have had a tumultuous off-season with Des Hasler leaving for the Bulldogs, but I still think Manly should have the upper hand. They have a strong spine with Stewart, Foran, Ballin and young Cherry-Evans who debuted for Australia in the Four Nations last season. Australian clubs seem to have started taking this fixture more seriously, and have won the last three. What really impressed me about Manly in the NRL Grand Final last year was how little weaknesses they seem to have. Every position looks really strong, and it should be the same this year.

Re: World Club Challenge 2012 - Leeds vs Manly Leeds Rhinos vs Manly Sea Eagles I am backing the Rhinos here. You may think I am mad as we do know that Australian Rugby is better but there are many reasons I have chosen to back the Rhinos tonight. Manly come here tonight totally not prepared, they have played 1 pre-season game so far and were defeated comfortably. The whole host of their coaching staff that they won the NRL with last season have been sacked after it was found that they had a clause in it that they could leave at the end of the season. With the Aussies only playing one game so far they are far from match fit. They also only landed in the country this week and with Jet-Lag to shake off also it could be difficult for them. As for Leeds, They convincingly beat Hull KR but did fall short up against Wigan last week. That said all of their eyes seem to be on this game so I expect a huge improvement. Watkins is back also and the difference that he makes to Leeds' backline is immense. The Game will also be played at the Rhinos homeground in Headingley which could work to their advantage also. Leeds Rhinos to win - 13/8 Coral

Re: World Club Challenge 2012 - Leeds vs Manly One for me tonight. This should be a cracking game of rugby. I'm with Lahrio. 4pts Manly Sea Eagles (-4) to beat Leeds Evs BetVictor In a way I hope I'm wrong here as an Englishman but all national bias aside I think the Aussies will be celebrating a 3rd straight World Club Challenge win. This Manly Sea Eagles outfit is a damn good side. Possibly the best side to grace our shores in this match and were it not for lack of preparation I think they would be at least 12pt favourites tonight. I don't see the lack of preparation as a problem really. They had a warm up game when they came over in 2009 and then tanked at the end. What I'd be more concerned about would be jet lag but having been here a week they shouldn't have to worry about that now. Looking down this Manly outfit and it's class right the way through it. In Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon they are solid in the centres, Kieran Foran is the next rising star for the Kiwis in the halves and then in the forwards there's the likes of Anthony Watnough and the human wrecking ball Tony Williams. Leeds are a fantastic side who know how to get themselves up for the big occasion but I'm not sure they can boast that sort of quality in those areas. Absolutely they have key men of their own in the likes of Webb, Hall, Watkins, Maguire and Burrow while Peacock, Jones-Buchanan and Bailey are a decent pack but for all round power and precision it's the Manly side I like tonight. Defensively I really favour Manly and if they are 100% fitness wise then I think the Sea Eagles will once again win the World Club Challenge just like the last time they were on these shores.

Re: World Club Challenge 2012 - Leeds vs Manly

Leeds Rhinos vs Manly Sea Eagles I am backing the Rhinos here. You may think I am mad as we do know that Australian Rugby is better but there are many reasons I have chosen to back the Rhinos tonight. Manly come here tonight totally not prepared, they have played 1 pre-season game so far and were defeated comfortably. The whole host of their coaching staff that they won the NRL with last season have been sacked after it was found that they had a clause in it that they could leave at the end of the season. With the Aussies only playing one game so far they are far from match fit. They also only landed in the country this week and with Jet-Lag to shake off also it could be difficult for them. As for Leeds, They convincingly beat Hull KR but did fall short up against Wigan last week. That said all of their eyes seem to be on this game so I expect a huge improvement. Watkins is back also and the difference that he makes to Leeds' backline is immense. The Game will also be played at the Rhinos homeground in Headingley which could work to their advantage also. Leeds Rhinos to win - 13/8 Coral
Good win for me