** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Argentina > Primera Division > 2012

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread

velez v arsenal : velez were very good last week, last two occasions this fixture has been played 3-0 and 3-1. i'd expect velez to score at least two based on last weeks viewing and possibly by half time. this game should be well worth watching.
does anyone want to lend me some funds ? if cardiff liverpool hadnt gone to extra time and pens i would have watched velez, but with two and a half hours under my belt already today i had other things that needed doing. 2-0 HT, 3-2 FT. two goals by half time and overs all as suggested. hopefully a few people jumped on the tip.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Awful Racing, fans lost patience in the end but as you can imagine the game was very "emotional" with Racing pushing all the time and Banfield playing on dangerous counters. Too bad my free preview lost this time after winning the last 2 weeks, but as someone who hates them it's very funny to see them suffer like this and with the -1 bet already lost in the 93rd minute, I even celebrated Banfield's goal in the end. They should have won it, Banfield played 50 minutes on their own box but Racing can be a funny teams sometimes...well, actually they've been the league's joke the last 40 years (except 2001). Good weekend, few overs as usual but we had goals in all games so far and the average of the round is above 2, which is not that bad (1st round had 15 goals and 4 0-0, round 2 had 24 goals and only one 0-0 and so far this round 21 goals in 9 games and no 0-0). Also 6 of 9 games had at least 1 goal in the 1st half (actually 3 of those 6 had 2) what means that trading a 0-0 could have been dangerous. You have to remember that teams came back from Summer vacations and the competition is just starting (like it would be in August in Europe), and also that with the relegations decided at the end of Clausura there will be many teams that soon won't have any other option but to take more risks, and this could bring goals. One recommendation, if you want to watch some entertaining football you might want to catch some 2nd division (Nacional B) games. The teams fighting in the top places, Quilmes, River, Rosario Central, Instituto, have been playing some really great matches later with lots of goals. Next week curiously River meets Quilmes and Rosario - Instituto in what should be some very intense matches. I've posted mini reports for all games in my blog and will add today's games soon so you might want to check.

M, do you know where we can watch second division games please ? Any links or sites appreciated. Thanks
Bet365 is not showing them ? They show all 1st div right ? I can't see them there (or in betfair, etc) because they block by IP so I don't know exactly what they show. You can try www.**********.es or www.******.ru (change it to english language). Those are good sites to watch live stuff so I guess they should have links to watch 2nd division games. We have 4-6 per round on TV.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Tuesday 28 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Lanus v San Martin-San Juan (00:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.81[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

FT : Lanus 1 - San Martin 3 Seems a surprising result especially as Lanus didn't score until the 93rd minute. Anyone watched it ?
Yes, of course. Lanus with the ball, having the best scoring positions but they ended up conceding on a counter attack in the 1st half. And you can repeat that for the 2nd half, except that after the 0-2 they gave up and conceded a 3rd. If a team plays tough defence + good and fast counters I guess you can say it was a fair win...so yes, it was.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Interesting stats from the weekends games : There wasn't a single game Drawn ! That must be a rarity in this league 8 of the 10 games had a goal/s in or after the 79th minute Every game had at least 1 goal in the second half Both teams scored in 4 of the games (It was 4 the previous week, 3 the week before that) 6 x Under 2.5 / 4 x Over 2.5

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Friday 2 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Newell's Old Boys v Belgrano (22:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.03 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 3 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Banfield v Godoy Cruz de Mendoza (00:15 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA All Boys v Vélez Sársfield (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Independiente v Argentinos Juniors (22:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 4 March 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]San Martin-San Juan v Estudiantes de La Plata (00:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]San Lorenzo v Boca Juniors (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Unión de Santa Fe v Colon de Santa Fe (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Arsenal de Sarandi v Racing Club (22:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]CA Tigre v CA Lanus (22:10 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Interesting stats from the weekends games : There wasn't a single game Drawn ! That must be a rarity in this league 8 of the 10 games had a goal/s in or after the 79th minute Every game had at least 1 goal in the second half Both teams scored in 4 of the games (It was 4 the previous week, 3 the week before that) 6 x Under 2.5 / 4 x Over 2.5
First time in 14 months we had a round without a draw.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Newell's v Belgrano : 0-0 Just seen the fixtures for this weekend and couldn't help laughing at the first one even before I'd checked thier stats, Newells v Belgrano has 0-0 written all over it ! I have now confirmed the stats, 3 of Newell's last 6 homes were 0-0, two of Belgrano's last six aways were 0-0. In the reverse fixture of this in August Newell's won 3-2, but don't let that persuade you to think this could be a goal fest ! With no 0-0 in last weeks games, this one looks ideal to get this weekend off to a positive (but negative) start. This fixture itself was last played in 2006 from what I can establish, so no other meaningful head to head available to comment on Thanks M for coming up with the 14 months No Draw stat (see above posting).

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread M, I just found the weekend of no draws, it was 26th to 30th November 2010. I was interested to see what happened the week after that, the results are shown below. As we can see, 2 x 0-0 and 1 x 1-1. 5 x BTTS Yes / 5 x BTTS No 5 x Under 2.5 / 5 x Over 2.5, but that season the averages were 59% Under / 41% Over. In the Apertura just gone it was 64% / 36% There's now 10% more Draws, 10% less Home wins than there was back then. With that in mind, I would suggest we can expect 3 or 4 Draws this coming weekend to correct the balance, and even at a glance I think I can see the likelihood of a minimum of 2 x 0-0. Here's the results from 13 months ago that followed the No Draw weekend : [TABLE=class: table_content]

[TR=class: table_content_row row_light] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]01/12/2010 21:00 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Olimpo vs. Arsenal [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]1:1 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_dark] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]03/12/2010 21:10 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]All Boys vs. Banfield [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]2:1 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_light] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]04/12/2010 01:15 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Racing vs. Gimnasia LP [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]2:0 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_dark] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]04/12/2010 22:10 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Estudiantes LP vs. Argentinos Jrs [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]3:1 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_light] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]05/12/2010 00:15 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Colon vs. River Plate [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]1:2 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_dark] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]05/12/2010 21:00 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]San Lorenzo vs. Newell's OB [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]0:0 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd] [/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_light] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]05/12/2010 21:00 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Tigre vs. Huracan [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]3:1 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_dark] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]05/12/2010 23:10 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Godoy Cruz vs. Velez S. [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]0:4 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_light] [TD=class: table_content_td_left fixtures_datetd]06/12/2010 01:15 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_matchtd]Boca Jrs vs. Quilmes [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd]1:0 [/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_right fixtures_statstd] [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: table_content_row row_dark] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottomleft fixtures_datetd]06/12/2010 02:10 [/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottom fixtures_matchtd]Lanus vs. Independiente [/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottom fixtures_resulttd]0:0 [/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottom fixtures_resulttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottom fixtures_commenttd][/TD] [TD=class: table_content_td_bottomright fixtures_statstd][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread I understand your reasoning and of course 3-4 draws is very possible, but don't count these old games. First of all you have 4 teams there that are not anymore in 1st division, and the others are so so different. Also obviously the matchups are completely different and it's not the same moment of the league. But the most important thing: Apertura and Clausura are different. For example, a draw for Olimpo back then was a good result, but now is completely useless. And this applies for most teams fighting in the relegation table. With all this said, the 3-4 draws are still obviously possible but I won't try to spot them because they can happen anywhere.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread The way I see it in Arg, although 4 of the above teams are different in those results, its not as if there is much difference between the capabilities of the promoted teams and the relegated ones, maybe in that example with the exception of Huracan who were appalling last season every time I saw them. All the promoted teams seemed to have had results that were fairly level in the Apertura, it wasn't as if any were getting beaten heavily week after week. The Arg relegation/promotion is complicated so perhaps you could explain it here so other readers are aware of how it works please. Thanks

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Thanks, that was very helpful. One thing I need to clear up though : Lets say for example a team who had been in the 1st/Premier league for 3 seasons finished with a 3 season average points of 1.20, and a newly promoted team who only had one season in the league averaged 1.15. Am I correct to say that the promoted team would be relegated again after only one season ?

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Yes, as you can see in the table posted yesterday Union has only one season in 1st division, Olimpo 2, but they are still below San Lorenzo who has 3. It's only about the Average, nothing else matters.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread prom20123.jpg So assuming the table posted up by McN' (thanks) is up to date, in your opinion MNC, which clubs do you think could get relegated at the end of this season ? You will have an idea of how the gaps can close from previous years experience, so I guess you can say who is safe and who is not ? Thanks

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread It's really too early to say, 16 games is a lot with this system and teams that divide by one season can go up a lot if they win 2 in a row, or go deep down if the lose 2. Olimpo is the only one that in my opinion is in more trouble, but at this time last year Quilmes was even in a worst situation, they started winning and were relegated in the last round because they couldn't win at home (curiously against Olimpo) in a day that was one of the craziest in this league history. That day there were 5 games played at the same time because all involved 1 or 2 teams that could relegate, play promotion playoffs or just stay safe from both. Belgrano looks safe but as you can see they are only 8 points above Union ! One small collapse and they can be down there. Same for San Martin or Rafaela. Banfield is safe this year, but next season they will be into deeeeep trouble, probably the same for Newells (do the math and you will understand why). It's a crap system, but it can be fun to follow in the last rounds.

Re: Argentina Primera Division 2012 Thread Certainly complicated thats for sure. Qulimes were one of the better teams to watch last season so I was surprised and disappointed they were relegated. I don't think anyone could argue River Plate were crap, they became unbearable to watch but I made sure I saw all the play off matches, they were good viewing. Did anyone else notice the River - Belgrano game never made it to 90 minutes ?