** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

La Liga - 11-13 February

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Saturday 11 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Racing Santander v Atlético Madrid (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Osasuna v FC Barcelona (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.41[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Real Betis v Athletic Bilbao (21:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Sunday 12 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Espanyol v Real Zaragoza (11:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.32 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Málaga v Real Mallorca (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Rayo Vallecano v Getafe (15:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.58[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Valencia v Real Sporting de Gijon (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Villarreal v Granada CF (18:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Real Madrid v Levante UD (20:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Monday 13 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Real Sociedad v Sevilla (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Espanyol-Zaragoza.As we see Espanyol are capable of scoring goals especially at home.3;0 against Granada,3;2 against Mirandes,4:2 Cordoba,4;2 Celta,4;2 Atletiko.It is true that most of them are against Segunda B teams but isn't it Zaragoza of them actually?!They are whe worst visitin team and the only one who hasn't won away from home scored 8 and conceded 23 in 11 matches.They haven't win since 16 October when played at home against Sociedad.I think facing Espanyol who is 6th in the home table team won't be much a surprise to lose...again.Last home defeat of Espanyol was 3 months ago.One of the strongest teams at all against the worst side at all.1 10/10

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February I agree that Espanyol looks a banker. They are currently in fifth place, unbeaten in seven league games (one of those was a draw against Barcelona) and have a solid home record of 6.2.2. Zaragoza’s away record of 0.3.8 is the worst in the Primera division and their recent form has been woeful – they’ve picked up just three points from their last fourteen league games. Espanyol won the corresponding fixture 4-0 last season. The Asian handicap market could be worth a dabble but odds for a home win are also quite generous here. Espanyol to beat Zaragoza, best odds 1.65 at Hills

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Athletic Bilbao looks perfect! They had only 1 lose in last 8 games - and only with Real! And Betis is poor now, they had 3 loses from last 4 games. I think that they will play in Adelante next season. Odd on Athletic is very-very high and it is bookmaker's mistake - real odd must be near 2,3!

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February

Athletic Bilbao looks perfect! They had only 1 lose in last 8 games - and only with Real! And Betis is poor now, they had 3 loses from last 4 games. I think that they will play in Adelante next season. Odd on Athletic is very-very high and it is bookmaker's mistake - real odd must be near 2,3!
No, it's not a mistake. The bookies clearly watch these two sides playing which it's evident that you don't if you think that Bilbao should be at 2.30 here. First thing - Bilbao operate at 50% outside of the Basque country. That's just how it is. That's why they've won just three away games this season. Second thing - Bilbao don't keep clean sheets. Bielsa's attacking football is attractive but they can and do concede against anyone. Third thing - Herrera is out, forcing Bilbao's game into wide men only. This is normally where they dominate anyway but they have no natural replacement for Herrera and that takes away their threat through central midfield. Final thing - This is Bilbao's sixth game in seventeen days. I'm an avid follower of Bilbao when my time allows me to be and this side does not have the stamina to keep doing so well, especially with their rather youthful squad. They're going to buckle at some point and why not in Andaluscia tonight? The Basques and the Andaluscians tend to kick off on the park so expect some cards here. Betis are poor, it's true, but they score goals and that can be enough to prevent Athletic from winning here. Benat will be as keen to impress here as he was at San Mames against his former club, as will Ustaritz (if he's allowed to play). Yeah. Just avoid this game other than G/G and cards. That's my perspective anyway. Good luck.

I agree that Espanyol looks a banker. They are currently in fifth place, unbeaten in seven league games (one of those was a draw against Barcelona) and have a solid home record of 6.2.2. Zaragoza’s away record of 0.3.8 is the worst in the Primera division and their recent form has been woeful – they’ve picked up just three points from their last fourteen league games. Espanyol won the corresponding fixture 4-0 last season. The Asian handicap market could be worth a dabble but odds for a home win are also quite generous here. Espanyol to beat Zaragoza, best odds 1.65 at Hills
I disagree. I think this is a trap rather than a banker. Having seen both sides play lately, I wouldn't put Espanyol at 1.65 against anyone. Not only is this side notorious for not scoring goals but they've got a huge striker shortage up front for varying reasons. A side that averages scoring just over one goal per home game is never a "banker" for me because it generally means that the side in question conceding can easily result in the bet losing. I like Espanyol at home. I'd never take them at less than 1.90 though for reasons listed above. They're hard to beat - never go against them in Barcelona - but they're no world-beaters. They're physical and well-organised, play some good football sometimes, but don't score anywhere near enough goals. It's easy to play the stats whore but watch the games. Zaragoza improved a lot lately. They've scored in three out of their last four games and have arguably been unlucky in some of them too. I mean, Real Madrid perhaps sat back at the Bernabeu in the second-half with a comfortable lead but make no mistake - Zaragoza outplayed them for the final 25-30 minutes of the game. Zaragoza's situation is perilous but doesn't that make them want it and need it even more? I think Zaragoza are capable of doing something here as they play good enough football to do so and Jimenez's managerial abilities are beginning to show again after his period in the shadows. Zaragoza are no mugs. I think this is an "avoid" or an X2 game, personally. It's against the odds, sure, but Espanyol are not worth 1.65 at home against anyone in the Primera Liga, in my opinion. Good luck.

I disagree. I think this is a trap rather than a banker. Having seen both sides play lately, I wouldn't put Espanyol at 1.65 against anyone. Not only is this side notorious for not scoring goals but they've got a huge striker shortage up front for varying reasons. A side that averages scoring just over one goal per home game is never a "banker" for me because it generally means that the side in question conceding can easily result in the bet losing. I like Espanyol at home. I'd never take them at less than 1.90 though for reasons listed above. They're hard to beat - never go against them in Barcelona - but they're no world-beaters. They're physical and well-organised, play some good football sometimes, but don't score anywhere near enough goals. It's easy to play the stats whore but watch the games. Zaragoza improved a lot lately. They've scored in three out of their last four games and have arguably been unlucky in some of them too. I mean, Real Madrid perhaps sat back at the Bernabeu in the second-half with a comfortable lead but make no mistake - Zaragoza outplayed them for the final 25-30 minutes of the game. Zaragoza's situation is perilous but doesn't that make them want it and need it even more? I think Zaragoza are capable of doing something here as they play good enough football to do so and Jimenez's managerial abilities are beginning to show again after his period in the shadows. Zaragoza are no mugs. I think this is an "avoid" or an X2 game, personally. It's against the odds, sure, but Espanyol are not worth 1.65 at home against anyone in the Primera Liga, in my opinion. Good luck.
Thanks for your informative comment. Looks like you watch a lot more La Liga than I do. What really drew me to this particular fixture was the fact that Espanyol have scored 9 goals in their last four home league games, for three wins and a draw (which was against Barca), while Zaragoza have only scored 2 in their last four away games, for three losses and a draw. I'm expecting a comfortable home win here, but we'll see!!

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Betis vs Bilbao Betis needs desperately the win and will meet a team that is very in form. Bilbao already qualified for Copa del Rey final and might be celebrating still in their minds. Betis ended 5 matches from 10 played home with 2-3 goals. Bilbao played 10 games away and 6 were ended with 2-3 goals! I think this will be also a 2-3 goals match as both teams seemed to like this result in this season! 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Thanks for your informative comment. Looks like you watch a lot more La Liga than I do. What really drew me to this particular fixture was the fact that Espanyol have scored 9 goals in their last four home league games' date=' for three wins and a draw (which was against Barca), while Zaragoza have only scored 2 in their last four away games, for three losses and a draw. I'm expecting a comfortable home win here, but we'll see!![/quote'] I watch as many games as I can from most leagues, to be honest! I hate inaccurate information, which generally stems from not watching the games. My advice to you would be to always watch the games and form your own opinions regarding sides and their respective displays. Statistics should always be used to support a bet but never to create one. If statistics are the only reason you're betting on a game then you shouldn't be betting on it - that's my view. You have to approach a game with a pre-conception of what you expect to happen and what you expect the odds to be in order to seek value etc. To me, it's important to know why sides win games rather than that they are winning games. It's that kind of edge that will see you beat the bookies a little more often than most :) Anyway, good luck!

I watch as many games as I can from most leagues, to be honest! I hate inaccurate information, which generally stems from not watching the games. My advice to you would be to always watch the games and form your own opinions regarding sides and their respective displays. Statistics should always be used to support a bet but never to create one. If statistics are the only reason you're betting on a game then you shouldn't be betting on it - that's my view. You have to approach a game with a pre-conception of what you expect to happen and what you expect the odds to be in order to seek value etc. To me, it's important to know why sides win games rather than that they are winning games. It's that kind of edge that will see you beat the bookies a little more often than most :) Anyway, good luck!
Mozzi, do you have any views on the match Malaga - Mallorca, especially on their playing style and tactics ? To be honest I didn't follow La Liga matches very carefully and will highly appreciate your idea. I think the odds 1.66 3.60 5.50 is a bit overpriced for Malaga, they should not beat Mallorca such easily.

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Rayo Vallenco vs Getafe Getafe are improving drastically in La Liga, their 1-0 home defeat to Real Madrid was their first loss in 7. Their away form of late has really picked up with them not being defeated on their travels in 5. They're really in great shape going into the final third of the season and a possible push for a european spot is not beyond them. Vallenco have been woeful in their own ground this year. Most of their points have been picked up on their travels with them being 4th in the away table. The stuff they're playing at the moment isnt great which is resulting in a few losses for them of late. I just feel that Getafe are certainly overpriced here and this could be taken advantage of. Getafe DNB - 2.15 William Hill

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Rayo vs Getafe Rayo played 4 matches from 10 games home with 2-3 goals. The average of goals in their home games is 2.60 goal by match. Getafe has been involved in 11 away games and 6 have been inside the interval, while the average of goals scored in these matches is 3.00 goals. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Mozzi, do you have any views on the match Malaga - Mallorca, especially on their playing style and tactics ? To be honest I didn't follow La Liga matches very carefully and will highly appreciate your idea. I think the odds 1.66 3.60 5.50 is a bit overpriced for Malaga, they should not beat Mallorca such easily.
Yes - avoid betting on this game, especially if you don't know anything about either side! Malaga have lots of good players but they're not a team yet. I can count the number of times on one hand that they've actually played well this season. They have the quality in their individuals to win them any game but they aren't working as a team so when they concede, they tend to lose their minds a bit and not win the game. That's why they end up losing so many away games - they fall behind and have no idea how to get back into the game. Mallorca are playing well, too. The stats chart isn't as kind to them as it could be but they have good players, good organisation, and for me, they have one of the best managers in the division in Caparros. Rumour has it that Mallorca do miss a few players, hence the odds on Malaga winning, although I can't say that I know who those players are atm. I would just avoid this one entirely, to be honest - nothing would be a surprise here.

FT Espanyol 0 Real Zaragoza 2. This should be a great example for you as to why to not bet on statistics. Even if you didn't bet on the game, the fact that Zaragoza are improving coupled with Espanyol's overbearing absentees should be more than enough to persuade you to not bet on this game.

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Villareal vs Granada Some will beleiev that Granada are the favorites for this one as they have changed the coach and managed 2 victories in a row. Well, Villareal also has 3 positive results includinbg a 0-0 with Barcelona. With Broja Vellero, Soriano, Camunas and Cani i n maximum form, Villareal can win against anyone. Coming from an UEFA Champions League experience is always hard for a team not used with this to stick to objectives in the internal competition, but Villareal failed completely being now on relegation spot. The team was "helped" for this also by a large series of absentees caused by many injuries. Under new coach Molina, ex Villareal B, the team seems got back the Yellow Submarine spirirt and will fight till the last drop of energy in order to preserve their place in La Liga. Granada had good results lately, but I find them as an inconsistent team that will have problems in maintaining their good series here. Fancy a win for Yellow Submarine! home -1 AH @ 2.33 with canbet

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February This is all true. A terrible start in the season, CL was awful, now on relegation. This year instead, good results...last game a 2:1 victory in sevilla and berfore a draw against barca. La Liga is the only competition left for Villareal. the game against Granada is quit important. They are just 2 points ahead of Villareal. Some good results and even europe league qualification is touchable (only 8 points behind the 6th atletico). My pick: villareal@1,7 (bet90.com)

This is all true. A terrible start in the season' date=' CL was awful, now on relegation. This year instead, good results...last game a 2:1 victory in sevilla and berfore a draw against barca. La Liga is the only competition left for Villareal. the game against Granada is quit important. They are just 2 points ahead of Villareal. Some good results and even europe league qualification is touchable (only 8 points behind the 6th atletico). My pick: villareal@1,7 (bet90.com)[/quote'] I agree with the last 2 posts, but I think there is great value in the Overs at better than even money, both teams seem to be confident in front of goal, I know previously the home team have not scored many but their season seems to be finally coming together, anyone put me off back over 2.5 goals? Appreciate any opinion

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February I'm very optimistic about the Sevilla and Real Sociedad match tonight. There are a couple of markets definitely worth a punt on. Sevilla are having a poor run of form lately but with a new manager in I think things can change around for them. Although they are coming 12th they are only 6 points off Champions League and with a new manager I expect them to be re-energized and have a new lease of life in them. I'm not saying they will win but confident they will at least grab a goal and put pressure on the home side. Sociedad may be lying just above the relegation zone but have had a decent strings of matches recently, only losing by the odd goal against Barcelona and hammering Sporting Gijon in their last home game. Again not sure of the winner but my Nap of the day would be: Both Teams To Score@ 1.83 Bet365.com (4 units)

I'm very optimistic about the Sevilla and Real Sociedad match tonight. There are a couple of markets definitely worth a punt on. Sevilla are having a poor run of form lately but with a new manager in I think things can change around for them. Although they are coming 12th they are only 6 points off Champions League and with a new manager I expect them to be re-energized and have a new lease of life in them. I'm not saying they will win but confident they will at least grab a goal and put pressure on the home side. Sociedad may be lying just above the relegation zone but have had a decent strings of matches recently, only losing by the odd goal against Barcelona and hammering Sporting Gijon in their last home game. Again not sure of the winner but my Nap of the day would be: Both Teams To Score@ 1.83 Bet365.com (4 units)
Mozzi, no one likes a told you so guy. You made a good point, leave it be. I was on Real Z as well, but no one wants to log into this blog after they lost and see someone say that's why you don't bet what you did.

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February What! This game hasn't taken place yet!?

Mozzi' date=' no one likes a told you so guy. You made a good point, leave it be. I was on Real Z as well, but no one wants to log into this blog after they lost and see someone say that's why you don't bet what you did.[/quote']

Mozzi' date=' no one likes a told you so guy. You made a good point, leave it be. I was on Real Z as well, but no one wants to log into this blog after they lost and see someone say that's why you don't bet what you did.[/quote'] :) Does this mean both teams scored then?! I'm getting the full bank on!!

Re: La Liga - 11-13 February Real Sociadad v Seville over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 w/ Ladbrokes Both teams capable of scoring and conceding Real Sociadad last 3 games: Barca 2-1 5-1 sporting gijon - over 0-4 atletico madrid - over Seville last 3 games: seville 1-2 villareal malaga 2-1 seville real betis 1-1 seville I can see seville getting a few goals past sociadad and also expect them to concede as they normally do. This is either going to be a defensive boring game or an end to end attacking game. hopefully that will be the case, if not a 0-0 draw is a possibility. Aswell as this will be taking a treble of: Real Sociadad v Seville over 3.5 @11/4 Siena v Roma over 3.5 @5/2 Willem II v Helmand under 3.5 @ 1/2 £3 returns £60

Statistics should always be used to support a bet but never to create one. If statistics are the only reason you're betting on a game then you shouldn't be betting on it - that's my view. You have to approach a game with a pre-conception of what you expect to happen and what you expect the odds to be in order to seek value etc. To me' date=' it's important to know why sides win games rather than that they are winning games. It's that kind of edge that will see you beat the bookies a little more often than most :)[/quote'] I've come to the conclusion recently that's what's important is not what Team A's or Teams B's form has been in the past week/month/year, but what is their form likely to be in the match in question.

Mozzi' date=' no one likes a told you so guy. You made a good point, leave it be. I was on Real Z as well, but no one wants to log into this blog after they lost and see someone say that's why you don't bet what you did.[/quote'] If you read my posts then you'll see that they're all designed to help people going forward. At no point do they state "OMFG LOLZ WHAT A MORON!". No. They are full of accurate and helpful things to pick up on for future betting. People need to be told where they're going wrong or they'll keep going wrong, no? That is my approach and that's how it'll stay, I'm afraid. I'm not going to pussyfoot around anyone just because there's a chance that they might be offended by the truth. Betting is a harsh and unforgiving world - grow some thicker skin!

If you read my posts then you'll see that they're all designed to help people going forward. At no point do they state "OMFG LOLZ WHAT A MORON!". No. They are full of accurate and helpful things to pick up on for future betting. People need to be told where they're going wrong or they'll keep going wrong' date=' no? That is my approach and that's how it'll stay, I'm afraid. I'm not going to pussyfoot around anyone just because there's a chance that they might be offended by the truth. Betting is a harsh and unforgiving world - grow some thicker skin![/quote'] Spot on I think fella, some good points really well made in the both posts plus steered people away from backing a 1.6 and 2.3 loser I didnt see any arrogance in it, good analysis pre and post match