Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Tennis: 6th February to 12th February

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Will be taking these in advance. Julia Goerges to win ATP Paris @ 21.00 with Stan James (1,2 1/2) (E-W) This is a funny price. Was checking the French Open ante-post for some reason and Stan James have her at 19.00 to win that, which is silly in comparison to this. She has a good shot at this I reckon, coming hot off the Fed Cup and having a solid draw. Shahar Peer and Petra Cetkovska are hardly challenging, so it should come down to Li Na and Marion Bartoli and I would not be sure about Bartoli either, as she has some sort of an injury it seems. Anyway, Li Na is hardly great indoors and this price looks huge, so I am going to invest one point into this. Julia Goerges to beat Shahar Peer @ 1.57 with Pinnacle Big gulf between the two in terms of quality and form. Peer is struggling horribly (losses to Baltacha and Larcher de Brito, really?) and has been for quite some time now, so I cannot see her beating someone as solid as Goerges, who had the skills and energy to play a balanced match against Kvitova on Saturday. 1-0 H2H as well with no problems.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February I will have some more actually. Sania Mirza to beat Ayumi Morita @ 2.96 with Pinnacle Both struggling to find form and fair play to Morita for getting two wins in the Fed Cup, but there is no way she is under 1.50 here. Mirza is good enough to beat her with power and accurate shots. She was a finalist here in 2009, so good memories I guess and let's be honest, her doubles result are actually pretty outstanding, so it is not like she is the worst player in the world. This will probably be a horrible match with all kinds of results possible, but at 2.96 this is worth a shot. Alize Cornet to beat Klara Zakopalova @ 2.30 with Pinnacle This price is overestimating Zakopalova's abilities. 0-3 record this year, nervy performances all around. Now Cornet is hardly a great player, but she is playing in home conditions and I liked her performance against Hantuchova on Sunday. A similar one will get her a victory here and you simply never want to back Zakopalova as the favourite. 2.30 is good enough for me, especially since Cornet has already beaten Zakopalova in Paris once.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Pattaya outright odds open now, will have one bet myself. Jie Zheng to win Pattaya Open @ 7.50 with Bet365 (1,2 1/2) (E-W) One of the most in-form players at the moment (9-1 record) and she should do well in Asia. Fairly routine draw, the other seeds in her half of the draw are King, Hantuchova and Cibulkova. King is not good enough and Hantuchova+Cibulkova have to travel from Slovakia (Fed Cup) to this, which is hardly the ideal preparation before such tournament. Anyway, those are not unbeatable players anyway, especially with the form they seem to be in at the moment. Zheng has problems with particular match-ups (think Errani and the AO this year), but there is not such a player in her draw as far as I can see.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Monica Niculescu - 3.5 to beat Jarmila Gajdosova @ 10/11 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Gajdosova has just had two very draining Fed Cup matches on clay, lost a three setter and won a three setter(against a very average player), now she has to haul her ass over to Paris to play on a completely different surface - indoor - and think she'll struggle. She's a hit and miss player at the best of times as it is. Niculescu likes to wait on her opponent's errors and a weary Gajdosova should serve them up on a regular basis. The Romanian can be flaky but she's won their only meeting so far and has become fairly solid in the last year or so, and being the fresher player will also help. :hope

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Lertcheewakarn vs. Doi Going for the home girl here as it seems she is stepping up her career. She made nice succes on ITF Dubai, which was a warm up for 2012, beating players like Jovanovski, Halep and Mladenovic to win that ITF without loosing a set in whole tournament held on hard court as here in Pattaya. She lost both matches of 2012 season but very tigh vs Rezai and Riske, it was really few points splitting players in those matches. The last time she was in main draw of WTA event was late last year at Osaka where she lost to Stosur, again very tightly, 6-3 3-6 7-5. Very solid indeed and I'm sure she's eager to step a bit higher in her homeland at Pattaya. Her opponent isn't showing anything special, lost both matches in 2012 vs Knapp and Koehler and didn't do anything worh mentioning on hard court over year or so. They've already met in 2010, and Doi won in a 3 setter 6-4 5-7 6-1 but it was on carpet in Doi's Japan and over 2 years ago, so I wouldn't look that as some serious fact for this bet. Lertcheewakarn @1.73 @ Ladbrokes

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February

ATP Quimper Challenger - Meffert to beat Giquel @ 11/10 with Paddy Power - £134 Better player ON INDOOR HARDCOURTS, in the better form, with the more clutch game and the more motivational drive it would seem given what I have witnessed in the last few weeks. Confidence stake: 9/10
ImLovinIt - can you drop the cash amounts from your posts in future please. I'm sure you mean nothing by it but it means nothing to anyone who would want to follow and looks like something there to boost an ego which isn't what PL is about. If you can stick to the stake out of 10 not the cash amount that would be good :ok. Ta :ok

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Brown - De Voest When i look to the last matches from both players, i will see on thing. Both players can't win a match easy. On this surface, i think both players are going to play a great and long match. I see no player who will win this match in straight sets, maybe De Voest he is in good form. But Brown can play excellent. 3/10 Over 22.5 games @ 1.75 Unibet Rufin - Jaziri When i look to last week i see a great Rufin in his own country. Now he gonna play a Challenger event in his own country and he is motivated again. Rufin won against Pospisil and Lopez (in straight sets) and play a very good game against Simon. Jaziri played not good last week in Kazan. Lost against Marti and his form is not good. I like to play the Frenchmen, who's position on the ATP Ranglist is lower than from his opponent. 4/10 Rufin tb. Jaziri @ 1.73 StanJames

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Vania King -1.5set watson haven't lift off at all this year, losing in every first round matches, whereas vania is pretty solid against lowly ranked players, this year she played well only losing to ivanovic in oz open> i think this is an easy match for her, straight sets for me

Vania King -1.5set watson haven't lift off at all this year, losing in every first round matches, whereas vania is pretty solid against lowly ranked players, this year she played well only losing to ivanovic in oz open> i think this is an easy match for her, straight sets for me
Next time, please remember to post the odds and the bookmaker that is offering them. Also, it would be nice to post the selection at least an hour before the match starts. :ok

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February OK, R1 is for addicts, but let's jump on it anyway Pironkova (+6 games) >= Li Na @1.962 Pinnacle Li Na is half of self on indoor hard (and grass, too), and she knows this well. Also, on saturday she played Fed Cup against Uzbekistan at Shenzhen, China, and the travel to Paris should have taken some energy off her. IMO she is here only because she must obey WTA rules. On the other hand, Pironkova, however erratic this slim chick is, has got some potential on quick courts. She covered the 6 games hcp against Kvitova on i-hard Hopman Cup earlier this year, and Kvitova is much much better on indoor than Li Na. She also had good run this weekend in Fed Cup played in Israel where she has won both her matches, so she should be mentally OK and prepared for good match. Her last match in Israel was played on friday, so she had it closer than Li Na to Paris and had one day more for rest. 6-7 games against Li Na is fully within her range.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Ayumi Morita to win 2-0 2.10 bet365 Mirza in no form for singles, she has also decided to concentrate on her doubles career. Ayumi on the other hand had 2 good morale booster Fed-Cup wins for Japan against Slovenia, she is aggresive and if her serve is on song, I don't think Mirza had any chance of breaking ayumi's serves. This should be a straightforward match for Ayumi.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February WTA Doubles Paris, Hard: Natalie Grandin/Vladimira Uhlirova vs Jill Craybas/Barbara Zahlavova-Strycova I like to have a shot on the match from the women's doubles in Paris - Natalie Grandin / Vladimira Uhlirova vs Jill Craybas/Barbara Zahlavova-Strycova. The first pair is much more experienced and played togethermany times, in 2010, during that time have played 77 matches, some times reach the finals, but there always lost. They had only one title in Seoul last year. In the doubles ranking of 30-year-old Grandin takes 30th place, and 33 years old Uhlirova is 29th. They participated in the Kremlin Cup last year, where reached semi finals , lost to a strong pair of V. King / Shvedova. As for their opponents today, the 37 year old Jill Craybas an american player, in doubles ranking 125th place, while czech Zahlavova Strykova - 31 th. Together, they have never played, and today will be their first appearance. I think that the very respectable age of american girl, and the fact that Zahlavovoy-Strykovoy also played few hours ago in singles losing 36 26 to german Barthel, all this might not be in their favor. So, I put middle stake on Grandin / Uhlirova Expekt 1.70

Pironkova (+6 games) >= Li Na @1.962 Pinnacle VOID
:@ Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh, what a way to start the week :wall This #@&^%h Li Na, after realizing that she will lose the match, retired at 67 23 in the second set. That this is pure comedy is clear from the fact she was losing 0-5 in the 1st set, but managed to equal it to 5-5, then she lost the tie-break, and after she was broken in the second, she decided to pull out the story about health problems. There was absolutely nothing happening during the game thet would even remotely look like acquiring an injury. Absolutely nothing that could justify the retitrement except that this Chinese #$%^b^&*# has poor fitness. I sincerely hope this #@&^%h will be FINED.

:@ Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh, what a way to start the week :wall This #@&^%h Li Na, after realizing that she will lose the match, retired at 67 23 in the second set. That this is pure comedy is clear from the fact she was losing 0-5 in the 1st set, but managed to equal it to 5-5, then she lost the tie-break, and after she was broken in the second, she decided to pull out the story about health problems. There was absolutely nothing happening during the game thet would even remotely look like acquiring an injury. Absolutely nothing that could justify the retitrement except that this Chinese #$%^b^&*# has poor fitness. I sincerely hope this #@&^%h will be FINED.
I know what you mean, unlucky with this. I followed due to your great reasoning and also went for the win @ pinnacle so profited on the win. I know it won't make you feel much better but your post helped me make some profit :ok hopefully I'll repay the favour soon.

Homunculus,Doesnt Pinnacle pay If at least one set is complete?(also won over 7 games) :unsure My bet was voided but I had it on at Titanbet
Unfortunately not. "If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Handicap and Total Games bets will be considered void. Such wagers will be cancelled and the monies refunded." Unlucky homunculus. It happened to me with Murray in the AO when he was easily beating Kukushkin only to have the bet voided due to retirement. :sad

Brown - De Voest When i look to the last matches from both players, i will see on thing. Both players can't win a match easy. On this surface, i think both players are going to play a great and long match. I see no player who will win this match in straight sets, maybe De Voest he is in good form. But Brown can play excellent. 3/10 Over 22.5 games @ 1.75 Unibet :nana Rufin - Jaziri When i look to last week i see a great Rufin in his own country. Now he gonna play a Challenger event in his own country and he is motivated again. Rufin won against Pospisil and Lopez (in straight sets) and play a very good game against Simon. Jaziri played not good last week in Kazan. Lost against Marti and his form is not good. I like to play the Frenchmen, who's position on the ATP Ranglist is lower than from his opponent. 4/10 Rufin tb. Jaziri @ 1.73 StanJames :@
Rufin unlucky. Both players won a lot off points on his first serve. Jaziri won totally 4 points more than Rufin in this match.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Thanks for the moral support, guys :-) I think I get other profit this week, but this just always pisses me off when something like this happens. I can understand a player accidentaly slips or things like that, but retiring because of knowing I won't win is really bad sport. It happened to me last year in Zagreb Berrer ws Gasquet. Gasquet arrived as a big star directly into R2 cos he had BYE in R1. It was clear he does not give a damn to the tournament. He played his compatriot Clement in R2, but Clement decided to spare his mate forces and did not even bother to come to the match. A w/o for Gasquet. In quarterfinals he played with Berrer and I had Berrer to win at about 3/1 odds. Now Gasquet was broken twice and Berrer was serving for the set at 5-2. He won 1st point, then 2nd point, and at 30-0 for Berrer Gasquet retired, hahaha. The stake was voided because one set was not completed. I just can't stand this guy since then, and Li Na makes him company from now on.

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February My first ever tennis tip/bet :unsure Rhyne Williams to beat Robby Ginepri @3.75 with Paddypower(3/10) These two are placed 240 places apart by the current APT rankings but I see a much closer game between the two of them.No way is Williams a 3.75 underdog in this match.Williams has also beaten Ginerpi last year in straight sets 6-2,6-4(Hard court,Aptos challenger).In past 2 years neither of them have played on the indoor courts so no advantage there.So with that all considered & with such a good price,take Williams to win this

My first ever tennis tip/bet :unsure Rhyne Williams to beat Robby Ginepri @3.75 with Paddypower(3/10) These two are placed 240 places apart by the current APT rankings but I see a much closer game between the two of them.No way is Williams a 3.75 underdog in this match.Williams has also beaten Ginerpi last year in straight sets 6-2,6-4(Hard court,Aptos challenger).In past 2 years neither of them have played on the indoor courts so no advantage there.So with that all considered & with such a good price,take Williams to win this
Bet Lost :@ 6-7,7-6,0-6 Saw a good bit of it on the 'live stream' & was nothing between them vs two sets.Last set Williams must have fallen asleep. Sorry anyone that followed.

ImLovinIt - can you drop the cash amounts from your posts in future please. I'm sure you mean nothing by it but it means nothing to anyone who would want to follow and looks like something there to boost an ego which isn't what PL is about. If you can stick to the stake out of 10 not the cash amount that would be good :ok. Ta :ok
It could be for many other reasons other than to boost an ego, but I see its all so very black and white right about now. If im goaded by posters and post screenshots I'm ego stopping and even so much as posting a smiley which the forum have given access to is an issue. I have no problem dropping the highlight of my real money stake and celebrrations when I win, but can I ask that now you are turnig this into something almost as formal as the house of commons that you lay hard on the people who take outlandish digs and swipes at peoples tips and in particular the belief they have in those tips? Again, I'm not arguing with you or suggesting I am not prepared to follow the guidelines you are setting out, but I would just like a little bit of impartiality, as it does seem your a little keen and judegmentallly quick to presume I am highlighting my stake and various other stuff in order to give my ego a massage with a happy ending. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Goerges vs Cetkovska Julia is having a great serve and simply destroyed peer yesterday. She was more relaxed in the second set and haven't forced to win more clear. This time will need to stay more focused as the opponent announces to be more in form. But Georges is not letting anything random so I see her covering the line! Goerges -3.5 games @ 1.73 with Skybet

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February Scheepers vs Sharapova I think Hercoq was in a bad form and that put Scheepers in a better position in the eyes of many. Now, against Sharapova, will very difficult for Scheepers. Sharapova is very offensive player and will smash Scheepers in 2 quick sets! Sharapova is in a great form and should keep on that! under 19.5 games @ 1.80 with bet365

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February I wouldn't read too much about Goerges match vs Peer because Peer was nowhere near her best, she was carrying a leg injury from her last match against Baltasha in the Fedcup, she couldn't even walk normally after that match so I was really wondered to see her at Paris. I'm not against a pick on German lady, but lets not take that bashing of Peer for granted... GL

I wouldn't read too much about Goerges match vs Peer because Peer was nowhere near her best' date=' she was carrying a leg injury from her last match against Baltasha in the Fedcup, she couldn't even walk normally after that match so I was really wondered to see her at Paris. I'm not against a pick on German lady, but lets not take that bashing of Peer for granted... GL
Whatched the match although ... Kuznetsov vs Reix Challenger Dallas Alex Kuznetsov eliminated Sam Querry in his last match and will come to win against Reix. This one lost a set against Zimbabwe player Takanyi Garanganga and winning after that against Eyseric in 3 sets. Kuznetsov should not have problesm in this one unless I bet on a fix match here. Clear difference bnetween these two, Kuznetsov and Ginepri being the favorites to win this Challenger. Kuznetsov -1.5 sets @ 1.80 with Nordic bet

Re: Tennis: 6th February to 12th February ARGENTINA to beat GERMANY and SWITZERLAND to beat USA (1.81 at BWIN) (9/10) I´ve been thinking about this one a lot and IMO it deserves a BIG STAKE. In first place, i dont understand why Germany choose clay to play Argentina. No german is a clay courter player and Monaco, Chela or Nalbandian feel really good in this surface. Argentinian doubles has grown a lot since Schwank is playing with Nalbandian so the south americans are clear favourites to me. As if this wasn´t enough, Kohly wont be playing so i cant see Germany winning. Since Argentina got back to the World Group, never lost in 1st round. Then we have Federer and Wawrinka playing in clay vs. Isner and Fish. This might have been tough in any other surface but not in clay. Federer will easily win 2 singles and i expect Stanislas to do the same. In fact, one of the Bryan bros wont be playing so even the doubles is not an easy point for the americans. GL!