** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb

staffy

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Prediction: Draw 12/5 @ Coral Liverpool have had a tough run of late with some real blood and guts performances. I expect, as usual, the effort will have caught up with Liverpool and we'll see a more toned down performance here. They're undefeated at home, but have drawn 7/11 PL games at Anfield. Suarez and the long term injured Lucas will be missing. Tottenham have Gallas as a long term absentee and Defoe and Lennon look doubtful to start. They were unlucky not to get a draw v Man City away recently. Both teams have similar records versus top 6 sides (gaining 8 points (Liverpool) and 7 points (Tottenham) in 6 games).

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb

Prediction: Draw 12/5 @ Coral Liverpool have had a tough run of late with some real blood and guts performances. I expect, as usual, the effort will have caught up with Liverpool and we'll see a more toned down performance here. They're undefeated at home, but have drawn 7/11 PL games at Anfield. Suarez and the long term injured Lucas will be missing. Tottenham have Gallas as a long term absentee and Defoe and Lennon look doubtful to start. They were unlucky not to get a draw v Man City away recently. Both teams have similar records versus top 6 sides (gaining 8 points (Liverpool) and 7 points (Tottenham) in 6 games).
Suarez is back for this game pal.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb I know Spurs have a poor record up at Anfield but I fail to see the justification in the their odds here, so it's Spurs + 0.5 @ 1.8 - BET365 for me. I fancy them to pick up at least a point because Liverpool haven't been great this season, while Spurs have previously been in superb form. They still need to keep momentum going if they're to have any outside chance of challenging for the title. Liverpool have won only one and lost four out of the last five meetings, which just shows how much the balance of power has shifted.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Liverpool vs Tottenham Liverpool played 11 matches home and 8 have been under 2.5 goals. Tottenham played also 11 games away, but 8 have been over 2.5 goals. Liverpool main concern was to have a great defensive play and we can see also from their stats home: 7 draws and just 4 win. Tottenham has been an attacking team this season, but in the last matches we can see that they have problems scoring a lot. With 3 attacking men like Gerrard, Suarez and Caroll, Liverpool should be the dominant team tonight. But I do not think will see goals. But none of these 3 guys have scored that match so only the name will make no difference on the score sheet. Tottenham without Adebayor, Van der Vaart, Lennon and Defoe, only Saha confirmed, might have trouble also in scoring. For sure will see some of these players on the pitch tonight. I think that under 2.5 goals is the best option for this one! under 2.5 goals @ 1.91 with 188bet

Re: Liverpool v Tottenham - Monday 8pm - Bet365 £50 "In Play" Free Bet Liverpool vs Tottenham =over (1.95) bet365 stake 5/10 Liverpool position 7° points 38 Tottenham position 3° points 49 Preview: Liverpool: injured: Lucas (12 midfielder / 0); go back: Suarez (striker 18/5), Gerrard (midfielder 9/2). Tottenham: Injured: Huddlestone (midfielder 2/0), Gallas (defender 7/0); in doubt: Adebayor (striker 20/9), Defoe (striker 16/8), Lennon (midfielder 13/3), Van der Vaart (midfielder 21/7), Walker (defender 22/1), King (defender 13 / 0). Liverpool have a score in the home of w4-d7-l0 goals scored 14 goals against 8 Tottenham has a score out of the house w6-d2-l3 goals scored 20 goals against 15. Liverpool is going through a moment of splendid form, and with the return of Suarez and Gerrard will be even stronger. Tottenham have a physical form is not the most, has a number of training problems that have their weight in this game. This is a game where both teams want to win especially that Tottenham will try to get closer to Man Utd saw that yesterday drew against Chelsea. So I think both teams try to win by playing a very attacking football with many actions to goals. Quote of the sign 1 & falling over a lot of books. Last season Tottenham have won both games against Liverpool (2-1 at home and 2-0 away). In the last 18 games with Liverpool playing at home, Liverpool have won 11 times, I have matched 5 and Tottenham has won 2. The goal difference is 32-15 in favor of Liverpool. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb I am confident we will pick up the 3 points tonight. The squad seems to of put the their inconsistant ways behind them after Kenny slated the players after our defeat to Bolton. Since then we have defeated both Manchester clubs and dominated a game versus Wolves who have gave us some problems in the past. Suarez is back, but I can only see him starting on the bench. Gerrard is also back in the squad after the Man Utd game and we all know what his qualities bring to the squad. As for Spurs, Saha is in line for his debut as Adebayor, Defoe and Van Der Vaart are doubtful. One of their key components in attack in Aaron Lennon also looks to miss this one out as he is struggling with an hamstring problem. The main problem concerning Liverpool is Luka Modric who has bossed us completely the last 3 times we have played them. We are unbeaten at home this season, although many have been draws they were against opposition lower in the league, and we normally save our best performances when we're up against the top 6. We are overdue a victory against Spurs now in my eyes. Liverpool to win - 2.15 PaddyPower

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Well, Liverpool has a great form lately. Spurs key players are doubtful, Lennon (harmstring) is extremely doubtful, Defoe (harmstring) is unlikely to play too. Also Adebayor

hobbled off during tuesday's win over Wigan with a hamstring complaint, Rafael v Vaart is struggling with a calf problem, Gallas and huddlestone is out of the match too. This speaks a lot to me, and thouse who fancy Spurs to win or not to lose will be very carefull. Despite Superb spurs away form this season, they have been struggling lately away winning just one of 4 away. Spurs have won 6 of 8 games vs Liverpool when Redknapp took it over. But today spurs will have a tough night @ Anfield for sure, especially Luis Suarez is back and Liverpool rising so far with momentum. One fact that liverpool this season shows a good results vs TOP teams, They shine on the ocasion. Maybe i'll agree with sportxtipster that this could be an under game, nothing to add.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Liverpool @ 2.08 pinnacle Liverpool generally lift their game and play better against the top sides but were outclassed in their previous meeting with Spurs earlier in the season, and even though they finished with 9 players, they were already beaten after ten minutes. What makes this game different is that Gerrard is back in midfield and need him to negate Modric's and Parker's influence in the middle of the park, but the problem is who plays with him. Would like to see Spearing there just to put pressure on these two, as Adam is clumsy in the tackles and will get eaten up by the, like he was at WHL, while Henderson is not ready for this. Defensively, believe Liverpool can cope with Spurs, as Enrique will probably not have to face Lennon, while Johnson has the pace to match it with Bale, and also expect someone like Kuyt to play on the right to help provide some extra help to stifle Bale. In the middle, Agger and Skrtel have played well all season, and should not have much to worry about if Saha comes in with Adebayor, Defoe and van der Vaart all looking likely to miss out. However if Modric gets the freedom to domiante the midfield, then his incisive passing could cause Liverpool's defence trouble, as he has the knack to get the ball behind the defensive line. If Spearing starts, then he has the ability to reduce his effectiveness. As for Liverpool, they will fancy their chances of scoring on a Spurs defence that has conceded in 8 of their last 9 away games, and though the defence has been pretty solid, they face a rejuvenated Bellamy has been in very good form, while Carroll may finally be showing some of the form that Liverpool paid for. The question is whether Suarez starts, as if he does, he gives them a massive lift when going forward, as he can can get in and behind the Spurs defence here, especially with Gerrard to feed him. Spurs do not have a good record at Anfield, and with them missing Adebayor and van der Vaart, they lack potency up front, with Bale the only other player who scores regularly for them. Liverpool have some momentum after their cup progress and the win over Wolves, so like them to continue that form here, and do enough to edge this game. Season record: 110-130 (+21.21)

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Fancy over 11.5 corners in this match @ 1.85 with bet365 as both teams have important numbers in this section usually: average for Liverpool 9.6, average against 3; average for Tottenham 6.3 average against 6.4. 8 out of 11 away matches for Tottenham were over 11.5 corners, while 6 / 11 at home for Liverpool were also over! Comments here?

Fancy over 11.5 corners in this match @ 1.85 with bet365 as both teams have important numbers in this section usually: average for Liverpool 9.6, average against 3; average for Tottenham 6.3 average against 6.4. 8 out of 11 away matches for Tottenham were over 11.5 corners, while 6 / 11 at home for Liverpool were also over! Comments here?
I whent for under 9,5 corners. (3,40) Ladbrokes They do avarage quite a few but mostly against smaller teams. The fact that they conceed few corners, made me back under 9,5. Liverpool avarage only 3,9 corners against pr game, while spurs is 5,0 not 6,4 as you wrote. The meeting at White Hart Lane, only got 5 corners. If Van Der Vaart, Adebayor, Lennon and Defoe are absent its just a plus for the bet.

Liverpool's home record against the big teams speaks for itself. They have just beaten both Manchester sides at Anfield in the last few weeks so I'm expecting nothing less than Liverpool win. 2.10 for Liverpool win seems great value for money.
Just for the record Salvo7Italy Liverpool drew 1-1 with City in the league and 2-2 in the cup at Anfield this season. :ok

I know Spurs have a poor record up at Anfield but I fail to see the justification in the their odds here' date=' so it's Spurs + 0.5 @ 1.8 - BET365 for me. I fancy them to pick up at least a point because Liverpool haven't been great this season, while Spurs have previously been in superb form. They still need to keep momentum going if they're to have any outside chance of challenging for the title. Liverpool have won only one and lost four out of the last five meetings, which just shows how much the balance of power has shifted.[/quote']I thought of taking exactly the same bet but then I saw the Spurs team news for tonight. No Van der Vaart, Defoe or Adebayor. No bet for me.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb I am struggling to find a decent bet in this game - reckon either side could win and it could be either Under or Over 2.5. So a different angle; referee, Michael Oliver has awarded 5 penalties during his last 5 Premiership performances (including one for Liverpool this season). There have been 4 pens in the last 5 games between the 2 sides. A penalty to be awarded is available at 3/1 with Hills.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb [TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (England - Prem) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Liverpool v Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]06/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Victor Chandler @ 3.60 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Liverpool and Spurs do battle in what should be an enthralling match where no team can afford to lose. However Spurs have been showing this season that they can play anybody and beat anybody, they have been terrific this season, they have confidence in abundance, they have Kaboul and King in defence who have been rocks this season, Assou-Ekotto has been terrific going forward, Gareth Bale has been sensational, he is one of the best wingers in the world at the moment, Scotty Parker has been a work-horse for the side, Modric is the puppet pulling the strings, and although sometimes i feel they lack up front, they have Adebayor, Defoe and now Saha to choose from. Spurs have only lost 1 of their last 12 games, and that defeat was away to Manchester City, and quite frankly Defoe should have put that chance away in injury time to put Spurs 3-2 ahead, they were very unlucky to walk away with nothing. They will go to Anfield with no fear and with the mentality that they can win the game. Spurs have failed to score in only 1 Premier League game this season, and that was in the 3-0 defeat at Old Trafford, so they are scoring for fun. Liverpool on their day can beat anybody, but there is always a big doubt as to whether they are going to perform or not. They beat Man City away in the League Cup, then they draw 0-0 at home to Stoke and lose 3-1 away to Bolton, then they draw with City and beat Man Utd, such an unpredictable side and not a team to trust. Coincidentally the last team to beat Liverpool at Anfield was Spurs back in March 2011, Spurs won that game 2-0, and i think Spurs are even stronger this season. In the reveres fixture at White Hart Lane this season, Spurs brushed them aside, winning 4-0, i think Harry Redknapp knows how to defeat Liverpool and at the price they are certainly worth a confident bet to leave Anfield with 3 points and continue on their voyage of keeping pressure on the Top 2. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb I am think Liverpol boys are now recover well after starting games. But the guys from London are like a nightmare for us, you never know what to expect. It might be a very decent match with both fired up to do nice job. Tonight we all Olympiakos Athens, Crvena Zvezda, Dinamo Bucharest and Spartak Moscow supporters we gotta give our full support to LFC.

I whent for under 9,5 corners. (3,40) Ladbrokes They do avarage quite a few but mostly against smaller teams. The fact that they conceed few corners, made me back under 9,5. Liverpool avarage only 3,9 corners against pr game, while spurs is 5,0 not 6,4 as you wrote. The meeting at White Hart Lane, only got 5 corners. If Van Der Vaart, Adebayor, Lennon and Defoe are absent its just a plus for the bet.
According to soccerway Liverpool average 8.57 corners, and Spurs 7.13. At home to the big teams, Liverpool's record: v Man Utd (PL) 8-3 v Man City (PL) 8-5 v Newcastle (PL) 7-0 v Man City (CC) 12-2 v Man Utd (FAC) 5-1 away to big teams, Spurs record: v Man Utd (PL) 11-3 v Man City (PL) 9-4 In the FA Cup game at Anfield, Liverpool started with Carroll up front, and Maxi and Kuyt playing off. None of these possess much pace, and so Man Utd played with a high defensive line. As a result Liverpool weren't able to pen them in as much as they normally do at home. Interesting this changed when Bellamy was introduced, as the Utd defence dropped deeper, wary of his pace and threat from Carroll's flick-ons. I wouldn't read that much into the reverse fixture at WHL as Liverpool were down to 10 men after 28 mins. Depending how the teams line-up later on, I think it may be worth taking either Liverpool -2 on the corner handicap @2.1 with Betfred, or over 6.5 home corners @1.91 with William Hill.

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Oh, and in terms of reasoning. Liverpool have been in good form lately, taking 4 points off the two Manchester giants at Anfield, and knocking 3 goals past Wolves in their last outing. Spurs will likely be missing several key players, most of which I think have been mentioned already in this thread.

I am think Liverpol boys are now recover well after starting games. But the guys from London are like a nightmare for us, you never know what to expect. It might be a very decent match with both fired up to do nice job. Tonight we all Olympiakos Athens, Crvena Zvezda, Dinamo Bucharest and Spartak Moscow supporters we gotta give our full support to LFC.
You forgot about 'Gladbach. ;)

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb :lol:lol [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR=class: hiderow] [TD]Wolves - Liverpool (Handicap 2:0) pickArrowUp.gif +51.75[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hiderow] [TD=class: betHeaderDate]Wednesday, February 01st, 2012 Football - unitedkingdom.gifEng. Premier[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hiderow] [TD]Pick: Liverpool Result: 0-3 Stake: 9/10 Odds: 6.75 not-verified-logo-small.gif Bookmaker: Betsson Posted: Jan 31, 2012, 20:39[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Due to the fact that the returns of Suarez, a great desire to put on the fact that both teams will be able to distinguish, however, Luis missed a lot and did not know in what form he is in the game and whether the right to do what was expected of him. How difficult will say today, because yesterday, after scoring Chelsea extravaganza you do not know what to expect. I believe that the level of play Tottenham this season is much higher compared to Liverpool, but because they are quite capable of scoring at least as much as can skip from Liverpool. Spurs have a surprisingly well balanced team, the majority of players who aim to attack, but there are destroyers of enemy actions which is enough to Tottenham stay in the top five most stable team from Premier League. Simultaneously, these Spurs are in the top five most clogging teams, and all of this together allows them located in the immediate of the leading Manchester. Possible lineup the Spurs in this match as follows: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Krancjar, Parker, Modric, Livermore, Bale, Adebayor. As for Liverpool, they are the 7th, but if wins today can beat Arsenal and go up to 6th place in standings. Three generals - Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, which dilutes the coming campaign the 5th Newcastle this season is highly unstable and can hardly compete with the leading trio. Permanent loss of optional points will not allow them to do so. Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing, Adam, Suarez, Carroll, Bellamy. The chances of victory in this match at least equal, however, it is likely that the game will end with minimal Liverpool victory. First leg: Tottenham 4 Liverpool 0 .. Liverpool wins classic score 1-0 with the goal scored in the 86th minute by Steven Gerrard from the penalty spot. Will there be a penalty in the match? Yes 3.45 Betsson 6/10

Re: Liverpool v Spurs > Mon 6th feb Liverpool are in resurgent form and welcome back Suarez and Gerrard, two of their arguably best players. With Spurs absences, I see Liverpool taking this one, especially that I'm afraid that Tottenham lack consistency (vide Wolves home draw, which title challenger just cannot afford to let happen) Liverpool can also want to avenge a humiliating 0-4 reverse at White Hart Lane earlier in the season with bet365 offering free bet, I'll go for Liverpool's over 2.5 golas @4 and as a main pre-match bet - Liverpool @2.05 cheers

Where did you see that Tottenham concedes 5 corners and not 6.4? Just asking because i saw in a website 6.4 :/

I see overs in this fixture in regards to corners.

(8 out of 11) of Liverpool's homegames have gone Over 10.5 Corners.(9 out of 11) of Tottenham's away games have gone Over 10.5 Corners.Liverpool's homegames are producing an average of 12.7corners per game. Tottenham's away games are producing an average of 12.9corners per game. So Over 10 corners @ 1.53 BetVictor stands out as a good bet to me. The one I will be taking though, is the one below:

Both teams have received under 4.5 cards 73% of the time this season. In each of their respective last 5 games, there has been under 4.5 cards in both teams' games. The referee Michael Oliver is showing an average of 3 cards per game, with 10 out of the 12 games refereed by him this season falling under 4.5 cards.

Under 4.5 Cards @ 1.92 Bet365 :ok