** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

February NBA Picks

AGurv

I'm starting an new thread if someone wants to sticky. There arent that many of us so I figure a month should be cool NBA 4-9 -6.30 units (30.76%) Bad season so far, but ive played sporadically Mavs -1.5 to win 1 unit @ 5 dimes Seems like a good spot for the Mavs here. They are playing much better winning the last 6 of 7. A solid 9-3 at home. I think this will be a tight game but the Mav's pull it out

Re: February NBA Picks NBA 4W-10L-0P -7.40 units (27.58%) Really been rough this year, feel like I should be at least .500 :) Twolves -6.5 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes No Kevin Love tonight? Gonna take my chances with the other guys on the team being able to step up without him. I see this being a game were a bench player could step up against a really bad Kings team.

Re: February NBA Picks The Wizards are hosting the Knicks tonight. The Kincks were without Studomire and Anthony got injured early in their last game vs Utah, but still manged to get the win behind Lin's great all round performance and Novak's great shooting night. The Jazz were hanging in there the whole game, but each time they got close either Lin or Novak would show up and make a clutch play. As it looks wright now they will be again without Studomire and Anthony and if Lin and Novak can again combine for 47 pts/8 ass/7 rebs I'll stop taking bets on the NBA. On a serious note, Knicks are a very underish team, both scoring and allowing just above 92 ppg on their travels and the under is 11-1. I guess they are due a few overs but I just don't see it happening tonight. The Wizards have been a big disappointment this season. A 5-20 record is maybe better than they deserve, as they have been just terrible. On their home court they are scoring 93 ppg while allowing 98 ppg, the latter number is much worse in their recent form and climbs to 106 ppg. Turiaf and Blatche are still out while Lewis is listed as questionable. As I said earlier, Lin might have a great future in the sport but there's no way he again gets it done alone tonight. Wizards will limit them under 100 and since they can't score themselves the line presents value. Pick: U 195.5 @ 1.93 canbet

Re: February NBA Picks Been betting the NBA since the new year and have been doing quite well and will start posting a couple of picks I like each day. I bet between 1-5 units based on confidence Hawks/Magic - Under 183.5 pts (2.5 units) I took this earlier hence the higher line, you can still get 183 now but the line will fall as game-time approaches. I really like this play, both teams play at a slow pace and the Magic will find it harder to hit their 3s against this tough Hawks perimeter defense in stark contrast to the Heat game last night. Another play to follow later

Re: February NBA Picks Toronto vs Boston Boston -3.5 Paddypower 1.90 Boston won 100-66 this month, at home over Toronto. Toronto won only twice in the last 19 v Boston. Boston have back Rondo, they were not so fortunate to win previous game with LA Lakers at home, losing by one point - leading most of the time but they 40% was decisive. I believe today at the Air Canada Center the Celtics are going to win by more than 4 points.

Re: February NBA Picks Not the best night but still a couple of winners Plays for tonight: 4* Heat/Pacers - Under 199 points at 1.91 Ladbrokes Line has changed to 197 now, Heat on 3rd straight game but have rested starters successfully in two blowout wins. Expect this to be played at a slow pace. Pretty confident on this total hence the 4* strength. 3* Hawks/Lakers - Under 178 points at 1.91 Paddy Power Both teams play good defense and have slow pace 2* Pacers +2 at 1.91 Bet365 Miami onto 3rd road game in 3 days, Pacers good at home, Heat will struggle with fatigue here Thanks and GL

Re: February NBA Picks

Not the best night but still a couple of winners Plays for tonight: 4* Heat/Pacers - Under 199 points at 1.91 Ladbrokes Line has changed to 197 now, Heat on 3rd straight game but have rested starters successfully in two blowout wins. Expect this to be played at a slow pace. Pretty confident on this total hence the 4* strength. 3* Hawks/Lakers - Under 178 points at 1.91 Paddy Power Both teams play good defense and have slow pace 2* Pacers +2 at 1.91 Bet365 Miami onto 3rd road game in 3 days, Pacers good at home, Heat will struggle with fatigue here Thanks and GL
Hit the two big plays, made a nice little profit to more than make up for last night Hope some of you followed I have a very strong lean for tomorrow and it is: 4* GSW Team Total - Over 100 points - 1.85 Portland defense had a mare against the Wizards and with Aldridge likely out again they will continue to struggle. GSW play fast pace and usually score a lot of points but give up a lot too. With Portland in disarray and on a B2B, they will give up a lot of points and I can see Monta Ellis in particular having a 30+ point day. The over 197 points also warrants a look Will have another play nearer game time Thanks and GL

Hit the two big plays, made a nice little profit to more than make up for last night Hope some of you followed I have a very strong lean for tomorrow and it is: 4* GSW Team Total - Over 100 points - 1.85 Portland defense had a mare against the Wizards and with Aldridge likely out again they will continue to struggle. GSW play fast pace and usually score a lot of points but give up a lot too. With Portland in disarray and on a B2B, they will give up a lot of points and I can see Monta Ellis in particular having a 30+ point day. The over 197 points also warrants a look Will have another play nearer game time Thanks and GL
Didn't hit despite 54 points in 1st half, they really stunk up the joint in the 2nd half

Re: February NBA Picks 3* 76ers -2.5 at 1.91 Boylesports Good spot for Philly, they have a good home record and will look to bounce back after mauling at the hands of the Magic. Dallas have been impressive recently but mostly at home and will struggle to get the old legs going again for this 2* Jazz/Wizards - Over 195.5 at 1.91 Stan James Wizards have been impressive in their last three games as John Wall and Nick Young have been shooting real well. The Jazz are a different team at home and look to pound this poor Wizards defense, Washington should be able to keep scoring well and give the Jazz a close run game here

Re: February NBA Picks New Jersey Nets + 9.5 1.90 b365. I know there isnt such thing as a BANKER in betting but this is close to it. Get on 10/10 10/10 10/10 Should be easy cash. This is the bet I had in the end copied and pasted from B365 [TABLE=class: rt]

[TR] [TD=class: betDetails colLeft]POR TBlazers0.0 @ 2.60 Single[/TD] [TD=class: rtDateTime]21/02/2012 03:08:35[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney]9.52[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney colRight]0.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hidden] [TD=class: betslip cc, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: betDetails colLeft]NJ Nets +9.5 @ 1.83 LA Lakers0.0 @ 1.55 Doubles, 1 bet * [/TD] [TD=class: rtDateTime]21/02/2012 00:30:56[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney]10.00[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney colRight]28.52[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hidden] [TD=class: betslip cc, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: betDetails colLeft]Nantes @ 2.20 Single[/TD] [TD=class: rtDateTime]20/02/2012 20:32:25[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney]10.00[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney colRight]0.00[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: hidden] [TD=class: betslip cc, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: betDetails colLeft]Carlisle+0.5 @ 1.825 Nantes @ 1.80 Doubles, 1 bet * Nothing in there saying the Nicks. Sorry if anyone followed the Nicks.[/TD] [TD=class: rtDateTime]20/02/2012 18:21:22[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney]10.00[/TD] [TD=class: rtColMoney colRight]0.00 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

New York Nicks - 9.5 1.90 b365. I know there isnt such thing as a BANKER in betting but this is close to it. Get on 10/10 10/10 10/10 Should be easy cash.
LOL. 10/10/10/10/10/10. FYI - I was on New Jersey to win, only $30 on them, but it's sport, magic happens ;)

Post it next time instead of coming on after telling the world about a winning bet.
Mate, chill. It was only $30, i lost more than i spent yesterday.. I bet underdogs $30 each. Best win was Washington vs Portland @ $15 a few days back!

3* 76ers -2.5 at 1.91 Boylesports Good spot for Philly, they have a good home record and will look to bounce back after mauling at the hands of the Magic. Dallas have been impressive recently but mostly at home and will struggle to get the old legs going again for this 2* Jazz/Wizards - Over 195.5 at 1.91 Stan James Wizards have been impressive in their last three games as John Wall and Nick Young have been shooting real well. The Jazz are a different team at home and look to pound this poor Wizards defense, Washington should be able to keep scoring well and give the Jazz a close run game here
Split again, Philly blew an 13 point lead at HT, Jazz/Wizards sailed over. Another play for today: 3* 76ers/Grizzlies - Under 181.5 at 1.91 Stan James Like the under here. Expect a slow paced, ugly game where points will be hard to come by.

Re: February NBA Picks 3* play on: 76ers vs Celtics - under 178 - 1.91 Both teams have a good defense and play a slow half court pace. Boston will look to slow it down after a grueling OT victory last night and their old legs will struggle to put up good scores. I like the under here

• 4 weeks later...

Re: February NBA Picks Wizards V Bucks Under 205.0 1.91 b365 I have been backing washington for days now to go over. Raising my stake a little each time. Kind of like backing black to come up when there is a big run of reds in roulette. For NBA I think this is pretty crazy. I have been backing the last 5 or 6 games but i didnt realise that they have gone under now like 11 games in a row. Take a look below. The highest line set there was 203 so I dont understand why the line is set at 205. Been taking the overs but I have to take the under here again as I think this line is way to big. You watch it will sail over now. [TABLE=width: 100%, align: center]

[TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]03/15/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]at New Orleans[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]W 99 - 89[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]W (3½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (195)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]03/16/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]at Atlanta[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]L 102 - 88[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]L (11½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]U (196½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]03/18/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]at Memphis[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L 97 - 92[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]W (12½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (200)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]03/21/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]at New Jersey[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]W 108 - 89[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]W (4½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]U (203½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]03/22/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]vs Indiana[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L 85 - 83[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]W (7)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (200½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]03/24/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]vs Atlanta[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]L 95 - 92[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]P (3)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]U (192)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]03/25/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]at Boston[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L 88 - 76[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L (9½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (190½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]03/26/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]vs Detroit[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]L 79 - 77[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]L (1)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]U (193)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]03/29/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]at Indiana[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L 93 - 89[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]W (10)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (193)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]03/30/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]vs Philadelphia[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]W 97 - 76[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]W (8)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]U (185)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData1]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: Sport_data] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]04/01/2012[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]at Toronto[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L 99 - 92[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]L (6½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]U (192½)[/TD] [TD=class: AlternatingData2]Recap[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]