** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Super League & Co-op Champs 2012 - Outright Bets

kevshat

Re: Super League & Co-op Champs 2012 - Outright Bets A few outrights for me before the season starts tonight. 2pts St Helens to win Regular Season 4/1 Coral I really like the progress St Helens can make this season. They made the Grand Final last season despite a horrendous injury list and with those players back this term and the youngsters experienced I think they can go really well this campaign. Royce Simmons has always been a lover of attacking rugby so I don't expect anything to change from that point of view but what he did do last season was instill the value of defending their line on them, something which helped Saints to Old Trafford. Saints were out at Widnes for all their home games last season but they are in their new ground this term and that can bring out even more from them. Warrington are the team to beat until we get to the playoffs but I don't expect Wigan to go as well this season while Leeds will have a demanding fixture schedule so at 4/1 with top quality players back to fitness and some of the best youngsters in the country with solid experience behind them it's the Saints who I think will top the list at the end of the regular season. 3pts Catalans Dragons to win Regular Season (w/o Big 4) 13/5 Boylesports The big four of Wigan, Warrington, St Helens and Leeds don't count in this market. I really think Catalans Dragons will have a very strong season this year. They had everything they needed last season but they have added to that in the close season and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they broke into the top 4 this season let alone won the regular season without them. Leon Pryce is a massive signing for the French outfit who will be likely to have Thomas Bosc fit for the entire season. Trent Robinson was getting a real groove going with the Dragons last season and if they can maintain their intensity on the road this season then I think they will take a lot of stopping. It's always hard to go to France and win and with a solid squad for whom hopefully injuries won't be such a burden I think Catalans are a good bet without the top four in play. 2pts Catalans Dragons (+12) to win Regular Season 10/1 Skybet 1pt ew London Broncos (+21) to win Regular Season 14/1 Skybet (1/4 1-3) Working on a handicap of Wigan (Scr), Warrington (+1), Saints (+4) Leeds (+6), Huddersfield (+12), Hull (+12), Bradford (+15), Hull KR (+17), Castleford (+21), Salford (+24), Wakefield (+24) and Widnes (+27) I think Catalans and London Broncos are good things here. I've already said I expect Catalans to be right in the mix this season and I expect a much stronger showing from the London Broncos too. Rob Powell has signed well in the close season and the signing of Craig Gower could be an absolute master stroke this season. With the talented pool of players already down in London coupled with a new name and thriving spirit I believe Broncos could even push for a place in the top 8. Michael Witt is another player who brings a good pedigree to London and with the likes of Luke Dorn already in London I really believe the Broncos will put up a much better showing this year. I think Catalans look the best bet on this handicap but getting a 21pt head start I don't think the Broncos will be far away this season.

Re: Super League & Co-op Champs 2012 - Outright Bets Will take 3 season match bets too. If Catalans do nothing I'm in trouble :$. 5pts Catalans to beat Huddersfield 5/6 Paddy Power Pretty much said all I need to on Catalans above. I'm not sure Huddersfield will maintain their form this season. They had a bit of a wobble and failed to last the distance last year and while a place in the top 8 should be a certainty I don't see them pushing the top 4 like I think Catalans will. Huddersfield have always relied on Danny Brough a bit too much for my liking but I'll take the French side in this match bet because I don't believe Huddersfield will be able to emulate the success they have had in the last couple of seasons particularly with some crucial players moving on only to be replaced by youngsters in the main. 5pts London Broncos to beat Bradford 5/4 Stan James Again I've covered London Broncos before but I think there's a lot of potential in them whereas I'm not so convinced about Bradford without Andy Lynch who was a massive player in an ultimately disappointing season for them last time. Lynch isn't the only big absentee this term. Ah Van and Raynor have moved on and while Karl Pryce's return is good as is the signature of Luke Gale it's hard to see where Bradford are going to get much progression from. I think there's a lot more to come from the Broncos this season and I expect them to reach and go past the Bulls over the 27 weekly rounds in 2012. 5pts Warrington to beat Wigan 5/6 Skybet Warrington topped the regular season last year, beating Wigan who came 2nd and I expect them to maintain that dominance in this season. Wigan have lost a few key players in Joel Tomkins, Paul Deacon and Andy Coley but more importantly their coach has left too. He has been a revelation at the DW Stadium and I wonder if Wigan can continue their flashy attacking approach in his absence. Warrington have made a couple of clever signings in Stefan Ratchford and Trent Waterhouse and while Matt King has gone I think there's enough players in their squad to step up and fill most of that void. Warrington's problems tend to come when they are in the playoffs but I don't think getting there will cause too many worries and I think they'll finish above Wigan again this season.

Re: Super League & Co-op Champs 2012 - Outright Bets One more outright before round 2 gets underway tonight. 1pt Bradford to finish bottom 16/1 Ladbrokes This price is just too big on a Bradford side devoid of confidence and to be pretty frank devoid of some serious talent too. I said in one of the season long match bets I took last week how I think Bradford will struggle without the leadership of Andy Lynch and last week showed that to be the case. Gareth Raynor and Patrick Ah Van have taken away two solid scoring options and I just don't see Bradford competing with the top clubs this season. They might have their moments against the likes of Salford and Widnes but that's by no means a guarantee as both those sides have more improvement in them than what this Bradford side has. This duel captaincy nonsense doesn't strike me as something which will help internally either and I feel Bradford are there for the taking this season. Widnes and Salford probably should finish below Bradford over 27 matches but I wouldn't put my life on that happening. If this comes down to the results between the three clubs in some sort of mini league then there's no way Bradford are 16/1 shots to prop up the rest of the sides in the table this season. I think when Widnes and Salford have gelled they will be ok sides. I don't think the same about the Bulls so as a value punt early in the season I'll take Bradford to finish bottom as I believe this could trade a quarter of this price and maybe even shorter in a few weeks.