** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka)

kevshat

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Small loss on the last game. I have to say this series is turning into one of the best ODI series I can remember. I'm not a fan of tri-series per se and I'm not a fan of 15 straight ODI's but I'm loving this one so far. 4 for me in this match. 4pts Sri Lanka to beat Australia 7/4 Ladbrokes Sri Lanka look to be finding their straps in this series now and I think they are set up to win this match. I say that for a few reasons. First of all having had absolutely no chance at one stage they should then have won their match in Perth against the Aussies. Also Australia are resting a couple of players and Clarke isn't playing. It's well known what I think of Richard Ponting and his captaincy so I won't cover old ground but let's just say that's a positive but the main reason is this Sydney pitch will be perfect for Sri Lanka and it's no surprise that they have won 5 of their last 7 here. The wicket won't bounce too much and it should assist their spinners and cutters from the likes of Perera and Kulasekera nicely. Australia in the last couple of matches have just began to look like the workload is getting a bit too much for them so I think this could be Sri Lanka's opportunity to pick up the win they need to propel them into the qualifying picture. Sri Lanka's batsmen haven't gone so well in the series yet but on this wicket they should go a lot better and if they do 7/4 is too big for them to win this when you could argue they should have won their last two matches. I love Mahela as a captain and I'd rather be on him in the field than Ponting so I'll take the 7/4 with the knowledge I'm probably on the better bowling attack in the conditions and by far the better and more attacking captain. 4pts Sri Lanka Under 2.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes I've taken this in the last couple of Sri Lanka matches and it hasn't been covered and now that we are away from Perth and Adelaide and back on a decent sized Sydney ground with a slower and little lower wicket I don't expect this to be covered here either. There's more danger with Perera back in the side but if Australia have Brett Lee playing then he counters that danger as technically the two should be doing their work at the same time. The rest of the side tend to get the job done on the deck and having only hit 3 6's in 3 matches on smaller grounds than the SCG I'm not expecting them to hit more on a bigger one. 3pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 49&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Kumar Sangakkara hasn't done much with the bat in this series yet but a class act like him isn't going to keep on failing with the willow and on a wicket which should suit his batting a lot more I would expect this to be the match where we see a return to form for Sri Lanka's wicket keeper. Even if he fails with the bat I think this line can be covered with the gloves as he is a class act behind the stumps and this wicket could well assist stumpings if not catches. I have to say though that I think Sangakkara will cover this with the bat so with the glove points thrown in then for the 3rd time in a row Sangakkara can make it up to at least 49pts in the series. 1pt ew D.Hussey Top Australia Batsman 7/1 Bodog (1/5 1,2,3) David Hussey is having an excellent CB series and will be looking for that to continue as he is hoping to make it into the test squad still so the more runs he can score in this series the better. He was second in the opening match of the series and would've top scored there but for the shortage of overs due to rain and then in the last match Australia played he did top score. Although he's a Victorian, these conditions should suit David Hussey well because he's an excellent player of spin and with the openers chopping and changing and Ponting having the captaincy conundrums and Michael Hussey returning to the side I think David Hussey is the one to be relied on especially at such a cracking each way price.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Really hurting after missing the 6's bet last start and Tendulkar flopping again. Game #2 +3.510 pts Game #3 +0.175 pts Game #4 -2.500 pts Game #5 -3.840 pts Running Total -2.655 pts Game #6 Australia v Sri Lanka 2pts Sri Lanka defeat Australia 2.75 Bodog Australia looking vulnerable with the loss of Clarke and Ponting struggling with the shorter form cricket with 3 cheap dismissals. Poor fielding last game was an indicator of deeper issues within the squad with fatigue and/or morale being a problem. Lot of instability in the batting order and uncertainty over selection/rotation policies wouldn't be helping. Sri Lanka are building form nicely and have a good record at the SCG. The wicket can be expected to turn, which will suit them but they will still need to play well. This price is too good to pass on. 1pt Sangakkara Top Sri Lanka Batsman 4.50 Luxbet Sanga now has 3 scores in the 20's and 30's, proving that he is able to get started but hasn't yet been able to kick on. He is a class player, however and he looks angrier and more determined than I've seen him for a while and this game is a good opportunity for him to dig in and get on with the job for a breakthrough score. 1pt Sangakkara Performance Over 46.5 1.90 Luxbet See above. On a wicket expected to turn, and against an Australian side which can be quite aggressive, he's a good chance of a stumping today also. Also with humidity around we can expect some swing, which can also bring in some catches for the keeper. 1pt Malinga to get 1st Sri Lankan Wicket 2.50 SportingBet Had success with this one before. Malingas form is improving and there should be some new ball swing for him today. With Wade and Warner likely to be opening the batting and going hard at the ball it should be one of the opening bowlers who picks up the first wicket. Therefore this bet should be no worse than 2.00 and so is value. 0.5pt Rangana Herath Most Sri Lankan Wickets 6.00 SportingBet Herath was introduced last game and went wicketless, but was economical. On a spinning SCG wicket, he could be a very dangerous bowler for Sri Lanka and the market looks to have undervalued his potential to take wickets because we've only seen him play one inning in Australia where he got none against an Indian lineup that plays spin well. Same can't really be said about Australia. Dead heat rules apply, but he should be economical so would also be worth getting on with a tie-breaker. 1pt Chandimal defeat Forrest Most Runs 1.95 Luxbet Chandimal has been in exceptional form for not just this series, but in South Africa as well. He looks to be very consistent and should get runs again today. Meanwhile Forrest scored runs in his debut, but I have questions over his class and suitability to the 50 over format. I think he is currently over-rated as the "exciting new find for Australia" and this is a classis under-rated vs over-rated match up. Very surprised to see the market leaning toward Forrest. 1pt Sangakkara defeat Ponting Most Runs 1.95 Luxbet As previously mentioned, Sangakkara is consitently getting starts and is due for a good score. Meanwhile Ponting has been dismissed cheaply 3 times this series so far and I think he is struggling with picking up his scoring rate after recently rebuilding his technique to be a gritty test batsman. The return to captaincy might also be an extra distraction for him.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Heading off to the game tomorrow. It's really sunny here at the minute so I wouldn't expect any rain delays. Just going to take the one: Mitchell Starc MOTM @ $21 Sportsbet Has a great wicket taking record at the Gabba and has looked lively in the first few games. Showed last game too that he can contribute with the bat and just have a feeling he's going to have a 4-5 wicket game at some stage this series.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Game #6 +2.45 Runnning Total -0.205 Game #7 Australia v India 2pts India defeat Australia 2.25 Luxbet The chickens came home to roost for Australia last game when they collapsed against Sri Lanka. Fielding woes continued as did the poor batting of the top order. Ponting returned to captaincy and was at his clueless best, doing his usual auto-bat-first when there was clearly rain in the air and the team batting first would be punished by Duckworth Lewis. The bowlers also took a beating in conditions that should have suited seam and swing with Lee and Starc being pummelled with the new ball. This squad has only 1 game left to play before the selectors again pull out the axe and make changes, so the pressure on individuals is high. With a quick turnaround and a new ground to play at there just isn't enough time for Australia to turn their recent poor performance around. It is not a question of whether India will win this game, but whether they will they lose it. 1pt Mike Hussey to Score 50+ 4.50 Sportingbet Mike Hussey failed last start after being given a game off, but his standard is usually very high and he should get a solid stint in the middle if/when the Australian top order fails again. If it's a typical GABBA pitch, it'll have lots of runs in it once the new ball seam and swing die down. Particulary if he gets into partnership with his brother Dave, he will be determined to re-establish his solid formline and he should relish conditions. 2pts India Opening Partnership 2.10 Stan James This bet is based on the assumption that Virender Sehwag is being rested after his recent back spasms. Both Wade and Warner have struggled recently while Vinay Kumar has been in great form swinging the new ball. Zaheer Khan may also return to the side, so the new ball bowling partnership for India should be very strong. Meanwhile Gambhir is in good form and Tendulkar is showing some promising signs. They are likely to be up against Brett Lee and Mitchell Starc who were pasted to all parts of the ground against Sri Lanka last start. If Sehwag is recalled and/or Starc is dropped for Hilfenhaus this may be a bit riskier, but it still should be a good bet. 1pt Kohli defeat Ponting Most Runs 1.90 Luxbet Pontings run of low scores continues and shows no real signs of changing for this game. He only has a 2 day turnaround with some travel in between, so won't get much time in the nets and will be distracted by the burden of captaincy in a side that is now under significant scrutiny and pressure. Meanwhile Kohli has been going reasonably well, with scores of 31, 77, 18 and 15. All of which beat Pontings highest score. Kohli seemed to like the bounce of Perth and should also enjoy the surface in Brisbane.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) +12.16 heading into Game 7. Two for me: - 5pts India to beat Australia @ 6/5 [skybet] I fancy India tomorrow. Australia are without Michael Clarke in Brisbane and are coming off the back of some very unconvincing performances. India on the other hand are starting to show why they were crowned World Champions this time last year with some very impressive displays. I like Gautam Gambhir's return to form. Top player. Their bowling has been impressive and with Kohli and Raina excelling in the field and Dhoni being Mahendra Singh Dhoni I expect them to push the Aussies tomorrow. I expect runs from this Brisbane pitch. I think the match will come down to who bats better out of the two. The ball will come on, there will be true bounce. With that in mind, I fancy India to control the match and come out on top against this depleted Aussie side. - 6pts Total Sixes: Over 4.5 @ 5/6 [skybet] I have already said that I fancy runs, I also fancy sixes. The boundaries here are very reachable. Barring any drastic batting collapses, the first innings should see a total of 250+ tomorrow. With decent teams lining up too featuring potential from Warner, Wade, Hussey, Raina, Dhoni, Sharma and co I expect five sixes here at a canter. The last 8 matches here have produced 33 sixes. That works out at just over 4 a game. Some of those matches include freak low-scoring games where 115 played 116 too. I like this line and will play moderately confidently.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Much better match for me in the last match. Some great shouts by FT too :clap. Will update a P/L after this upcoming match as I've been pretty busy the last week. 3 for me here. Toss soon so no massive write ups. 4pts India to beat Australia 6/5 Ladbrokes I think India are a good bet in this match. I expect this to be a high scoring match and I have more faith in the Indian batting line up than I do in the Australian one. Australia have chopped and changed their batting order throughout this series and it's now a mess and as I said in the last match I'm no fan of Ponting as a captain. Yes numerically he's a successful captain but it must be remembered he had 2 of the greatest bowlers of all time for a large part of his captaincy reign and most people would captain winning side with those two in their attack. I think Dhoni is a much better captain, particularly in this format where he has a feel for when things are going to happen. I like the India attack too. Their changes in pace, cutters and quality spin can keep the Aussies guessing and with Australia not faring too well with the bat at the minute I'll take India here. 4pts R.Ponting's Runs - Under 30.5 5/6 Ladbrokes In his last 6 ODI's Ponting's highest score is 11 and in his last 10 he's only covered this line twice and one of those was a 31 so he's not batting too well in this format which is strange given how well he batted in the test series against India. Throw in the captaincy weighing on his mind too and the pressure that has to be coming for his place in the side and I think this line looks a little bit beyond him. 2pts V.Kumar Top India Bowler 7/2 William Hill Note I'm not taking this at Bet365 as bowling at the start and end of an innings Vinay Kumar might lose out in a tie with his economy rate likely to be higher than someone who bowls in the non powerplay overs. In the four matches India have played in this series so far Vinay Kumar has taken the most wickets or the joint most in 3 of them and the only one he hasn't top wicket taken in was the one against Sri Lanka when he didn't get the new ball. Each time he's had the new ball he's got wickets. With Warner and Ponting yet to fire in the series there's a couple of wickets up for grabs straight away and if he comes back at the end when the tail are around there's more cheap wickets flying around. This 7/2 is a bit too big for me given the series Vinay Kumar is having.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Good luck guys. Hope India come through for us. Almost took under 4.5 6's myself so will be interested to see how your over 4.5 6's gets on Tyler. The Gabba is another one of those grounds I've got marked down as huge and a place for unders, similar to the MCG. I like your stat about the last 8 matches but 18 of those 33 6's came in 2 'freaky' looking matches. You've put enough doubt in my mind not to take the unders though so good luck with the overs :ok.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) 5 pts Kohli to score more than Ponting @ 1.90 (Luxbet) I definitely agree with FT on this one. Kohli has scored a total of 141 runs so far this tournament compared to Ponting with 11. Kohli has showed good form since the last test and I see no reason why that should stop. 1 pts D. Hussey - Top Australian Batsman @ 7 e/w (Bodog) This is similar to last match because nothing has changed really. D. Hussey has been far and way the stand-out performer this series for Australia, scoring more than twice as many runs as anyone else in the Australian side yet his price is still being offered at a tasty 6/1. 1pt Virat Kohli - Top India Batsman @ 5 e/w (Bodog) Gambhir has played a couple of fantastic innings so far this tournament, but I'll take the slightly higher price on Kohli. I feel one of these two will need to put up a decent score with the bat to give India a good platform to go on and win the game. Dhoni is of course always a threat in this market, but Kohli definitely has the ability to bat through 20-30 overs here.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka)

Thanks Kev. You're right though, was a shame India didn't turn up. I don't really know where India are as a team right now. Dhoni has been saving them way too many times and he's not available tomorrow. Sri Lanka are the most inform team at this particular moment in time, but you get the impression that they're never too far away from a poor performance. Above all that though, there's a shit load of rain in Brisbane scheduled. 70% chance of rain throughout the next few days which rules out any bets for me. I'll watch hoping India win and Kohli chips in with some runs. Good luck anyone who gets involved.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Game #7 +0.4 Running Total +0.195 Game #8 Sri Lanka v India 2pts Sri Lanka defeat India 2.10 Stan James Sri Lanka looking like the form side of the competition, overcoming a slow start to tie and then win their last game in convincing fashion. Dropping the under-performing Tharanga looks like a good move with Jayawardene opening the batting and leading his side from the front last start. Meanwhile Indias batting order continues to flake and they surrenderred meekly only 2 days ago on the same Brisbane pitch, unable to handle the pace, bounce and seam of the GABBA surface. On form Sri Lanka should be favourites and then you also need to factor in the loss of Dhoni, plus Indias short turnaround after they admitted to fatigue and cramp when bowling only 2 days ago. Weather could be a concern, but with Duckworth Lewis in the equation it should bring the odds closer to even money. Overall, at 2.10 Sri Lanka are a good value proposition. 1pt Jayawardene Top Sri Lankan Batsman 5.00 Stan James Opened the batting last start in swinging/seaming conditions (that might not be unlike what he will face today) and went beautifully. He really seemed to appreciate the extra time in the middle to get himself set and build a nice innings. If he bats as well today he is a great chance of being the top batsman once again, especially if Dilshan fires and keeps any run rate pressure off him. Got to love a captain who leads from the front and leads by example. We haven't yet seen the best of Jayawardene this series, but I think we are about to. 0.5pt e/w Virender Sehwag Top Indian Batsman 5.00 Bodogs Note, this is 1 point bet in total as it is an each-way bet. Sehwag should be well rested for this game and since he has been under-performing so far this series he has had plenty of time to get his headspace and preparation right and unlike his peers, he should be fresh. When he fires he fires hard and he can get a lot of runs quickly. At the moment he is possibly the best chance India have of beating Sri Lanka, so there is a "hedge" element to this bet (against my 1st bet above), but I can see him getting a quickfire innings that should bring him into the top 3 batsman at least. A lot of the other Indian batsmen have declining form lines and could be easily beaten. 1pt Malinga to take 1st Sri Lankan Wicket 2.50 Sportingbet I love this market in the bowling specials of Sportingbet and it has come off twice for me already this series. Malinga will be opening the bowling against a struggling Indian top order which includes the oft-reckless Sehwag. A wicket in the first 10 overs is almost a certainty and so this price should be 2.00 at worst. Considering Malinga is Sri Lankas marquee bowler and will be dangerous in bouncy and swigning conditions this is a great value bet.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) +24.23pts for the series so far. 3 for me in game 9. 4pts Sri Lanka to beat Australia 6/4 Bet365 Sri Lanka thrashed Australia in Sydney the last time the two sides played and they meet them in another ground where they can enjoy success against them here in Hobart. The ball won't bounce to the levels it did in Brisbane and that will be a lot more enjoyable for the Sri Lanka batsmen who didn't go too badly at the Gabba anyway. The ball will turn here at Bellerive too which will suit their bowling attack a lot more especially Rangana Herath. All the talk in the Aussie camp has centred around the fact they have finally dropped Ponting but I don't think anyone is too surprised. He's barely scored a run in the tournament. Shane Watson could return for this match but it's not a guarantee by all accounts. I like Sri Lanka here because they have a strong bowling attack on this wicket with Malinga and Herath around and also with Perera and Mathews bowling so well too but their batting line up looks a lot stronger with Mahela at the top of the order. Sri Lanka have won once against Australia in this series, they should have won the match they lost as well so at 6/4 I'll take them to win this third meeting between the pair here. 4pts Australia Most 6's 5/6 William Hill Although I expect Sri Lanka to win this match I think Australia will hit the most 6's. As we've all said throughout this series Sri Lanka don't hit many 6's and I don't see that changing on a wicket which does give some assistance to the bowlers. The boundaries are ok square but down the ground they are very long so I don't foresee Sri Lanka coming out and smashing too many 6's especially with Mahela up the order taking a lot of the strike. He doesn't hit many 6's and neither does Sangakkara. Sri Lanka are yet to hit more than 2 6's in a match in this series so far and I don't see that changing here. Australia usually hit a few 6's with the aggressive nature of their batting order. David Warner is due to really fire in the tournament and from 1-9 they can all hit 6's on most grounds. I expect Australia to hit the most 6's here. 1pt ew M.Hussey Top Australia Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Michael Hussey fired nicely in Australia's last match and I think he will go well here. He has an incredible test record on this ground but hasn't translated that into ODI runs here yet. With Ricky Ponting getting the axe earlier in the week it will act as a wake up call for the likes of Hussey who are getting on a bit and make him aware he needs to keep scoring and I think he's in the position in the side where he can go well. He's an excellent finisher when he's in good form and he went well in Australia's last innings and left them in a good position to push on to a big total. With that knock behind him, a wake up call given and a ground where he generally does well at I think everything mixed together gives Michael Hussey an excellent chance of top scoring here.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Game #8 +1.7 Running Total +1.895 Game #9 Australia v Sri Lanka 4pts Australia defeat Sri Lanka 1.57 Sportingbet With the out-of-sort Ponting dropped from the side and the return of Michael Clarke, all of the top 7 in Australias batting order now have got some decent runs in recent games. Assuming that Shane Watson is left out for this game Warner and Wade should continue to work on their opening partnership, Clarke and Forrest grafting runs in the middle order with the Hussey brothers and Christian providing an explosive finish. In the bowling Hilfenhaus and Doherty are bowling on their home track and should enjoy the familiar conditions. Lee has returned to form and McKay's variations have been a feature of the Australian bowling attack all series. Sri Lanka are in good form, admittedly, but I think they will come up short against an Australian team that is focused, consolidated and out to avenge their loss in Sydney. 1pt Hilfenhaus Most Wickets Australia 4.00 Sportingbet The pitch is expected to have some pace and bounce which Hilfenhaus should be able exploit and this is his home ground so he will enjoy the conditions and the crowd support. He returned to the ODI side in Brisbane and carried on from his outstanding Test form by snared 5 wickets. He should get the new ball and be up against the in form Jayawardene and Dilshan, but I'm backing him to show his class and get some of the early breakthroughs that will put Australia on top in this match. 1pt Chandimal Top Bat Sri Lanka 5.50 Sportingbet See above, if Hilfenhaus and his new ball partner can get some of the early breakthroughs on a pitch expected to have pace and bounce, it may come to the middle order to stabilise the Sri Lankan innings. Chandimal has had an outstanding series so far and is currently averaging 56.5 - which is exceptional for a young player. He has done particularly well when he has come in early with plenty of time to construct his innings and looks like he has the class and composure to consistently succeed at international level. At this price he is outstanding value. 1pt Malinga to take 1st Sri Lankan Wicket 2.50 Sportingbet I am starting to sound like a broken record, but this bet has come in now 3 times out of 3 for me so I'll take it again but resist the temptation to up the stake. Malinga will be opening the bowling again on a pitch expected to have some pace and bounce against an improving (but aggressive) opening partnership of Wade/Warner that is just as likely to gift their wicket as they are to be well beaten. If Watson does get selected to open, it probably improves this bet even further as I expect Watson to show some signs of rust and will be very vulnerable against Malinga first up.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Up to +31.57pts for me now for the series after match 9. 60% chance of rain is forecast in Sydney overnight so I'm going to leave this next game alone. For my India outright I need them to win anyway so I've got some sort of interest if the rain slides down the side of the ground but it usually hits the SCG when it's forecast. Good luck to all who play.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Ouch, I'm really hurting after that last game. * Chandimal scores 80 and is 5 short of Top Bat. * Hilfenhaus gets 2 wickets and is 1 short of Top Wickets. * Australia look good for the win but end up losing by 3 wickets with 4 balls to go. It's a cruel game sometimes, but you gotta get back on the horse !! Game #9 -7pts Running Total -5.105pts 3pts Australia defeat India 1.62 Sportsbet India currently in poor shape with Zaheer Khan and Vinay Kumar likely to miss this game due to injuries. Conditions in Sydney today will be overcast and humid, so India will really miss these two who can swing the ball nicely. Also a concern for India is their morale after disparaging comments made by captain Dhoni have put the Indian media machine into overdrive. Expect this will affect morale and while they are capable of bouncing back from the Brisbane losses, the question is whether they will be motivated to do so. Meanwhile Australia are performing ok, despite losing to Sri Lanka. Watson may be rusty today, but he should be returning at his home ground so will enjoy conditions. This bet is also in part a hedge against my India series bet. If India lose today they should be eliminated. 1pt Hilfenhaus Most Wickets Australia 4.50 Sportingbet Has been in great form for both the Team and ODI side with 7 wickets from only 2 matches this series he is likely to enjoy swinging conditions in Sydney. In the Sydney test match earlier this year he was outstanding so there is no reason why he won't be in the wickets again today. I thought 4.00 was a good price on him last game, but now he's drifted to 4.50 he's even better value. 2nd time lucky. 3pts Ifran Pathan Performance Over 37.5 1.90 Luxbet With the other two main swing bowlers likely to be out for India, Pathan should be the main swing bowling strike option for India and he should get a fair share of both the new ball and the power plays where wickets are more likely. He has also been outstanding with the bat in the lower order and while he bats low he is very likely to get his chance for runs if/when the top and middle orders fail again. Any catches in the field a bonus.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) 1pt S. Watson Man of the Match @ 10.00 (Bet365) Shane Watson should be back in the starting XI for the final leg of the Group Stages. I would personally think he would slot into the openers role, with Matthew Wade dropping down the order, although even if Watson plays down the order, Australias batsman have been far from amazing during this one-day series. This has been proven in the fact that David Hussey has far and away the most runs of any Australian despite coming in at 6 and 7 for the whole series. I feel Watson can make a relatively large contribution with the bat for Australia. In addition, if rain were to affect this game, and Watson was to open, this would only increase the size of his score relative to his team-mates. Watson is also a good performer with the ball, and while I feel he might not bowl as many overs as he normally would due to his recent injury, he is still always in the hunt for wickets. He is one of the best all-rounders in world cricket, and I think 9/1 is a decent price for man of the match. 1pt MS Dhoni - Top Indian Batsman E/W (1/5 1,2,3) @ 7.50 (Bodog) Similar to above, Indias top order has been fairly ordinary this entire series, and Dhoni has had to come to their rescue on several occasions. He has been consistent with the bat, a feat that only Kohli has been able to match for India this series. Another top order collapse is surely not unlikely here, and even if there isn't Dhoni has the ability to play the aggressor in the final overs and pile on a few runs in a short period of time.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka)

Watson is massive unders for MOM looked terrible in his return to FC cricket last week, hardly bowled either. Talk that Clarke won't play so Watson probably won't be used as a bowler.
Right you were!:sad

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) Dissappointed to see Pathan only get 5 overs in swinging conditions and also be demoted to bat at #8. Even so, he still managed to get 22 runs and was the 3rd highest bat for India after the game had already been lost.... Game #10 -0.64pts Running Total -5.74pts Game #11 India v Sri Lanka 5pts Sri Lanka defeat India 1.91 Centrebet Getting in early here because I can't see this price lasting. India look spent and even though they have a slim hope of still making the finals if they can win this with a bonus point, one expects that they would be quite happy to lose this game and head home for a few days rest before the Asia Cup starts. It has been a woeful tour of Australia for this team and it's unlikely that they will turn things around for this game. Even if they do have the motivation to chase a bonus point victory it's a tough ask and they are likely to perish in the attempt. Meanwhile Sri Lanka are looking polished and are thriving under the leadership of Jayawardene. All signs point to Sri Lanka here.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) One for me on tonight's/this morning's game: Sri Lanka vs India 6/10pts Sri Lanka to beat India - 10/11 with Paddy Power I don't really understand this price, I would have put them up at 4/5. Sri Lanka come in to this game with all the momentum after 3 impressive wins in their last 3 games. They will probably field the same line-up and who wouldn't with recent form like theirs? I've found myself watching most of this tournament in the early hours of mornings and have been impressed by Jayawardene's men on a few occasions. They seem to pace their innnings fairly well and each batsman has looked in good touch at various points for them so the batting department looks good enough to set or chase good targets. Chandimal is in solid form whilst Dilshan has also shown enough to suggest he's nearing a long overdue big innings. India look like they would prefer to get out of Australia as soon as possible rather than go all the way - just like they did when touring England. Sehwag is badly out of form whilst the others who follow him in the order don't look like they've got a big innings in them. As for the bowling, well it is pretty tame. Yadav bowls 1 blinding ball in amongst 9 bad ones and Pathan's pace is not going to frighten the batsmen. They are nowhere near the standard of Malinga & co. in both the passion and form departments. Their fielding man-for-man will probably also be 2nd best here. India lack momentum, passion, form batsmen and bowlers who will get in the faces of Sri Lanka. Therefore, I think another Sri Lanka win is on the cards and I am happy to have a solid investment at the price.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) 3 for me in this match. 6pts Sri Lanka to beat India 10/11 William Hill I like Sri Lanka in this match. They have won their last three matches in this competition and had a tie with India in the match before that. One of the two matches they lost they should have won too so Sri Lanka have been playing good cricket in this tournament and are in good form. That can't be said of India. India began the tournament pretty well in the main but three straight defeats have left them needing something of a miracle to qualify from here. They have to win this match and secure a bonus point which is a tough ask against anyone these days. That means at times they are going to have to push the boat out a bit and get a bit reckless unless Virender Sehwag finally comes good on this tour. Sri Lanka can play normal cricket which should be enough to continue their good form. Sri Lanka have already played here at Hobart and won which is a good thing and the other thing I think is in their favour is that this match is likely to be a high scoring match. Sri Lanka have been batting a lot better than India in this series and India have a couple of key absentees with the ball which isn't helping them. Zaheer Khan and Vinay Kumar are out which are big losses for them. India look shot to pieces to me really and when Dhoni is complaining about decisions you know confidence is low. This being a man who hasn't complained publicly about being forced to reinstate Ian Bell last year. India have bigger things to worry about now really. There's the upcoming Asia Cup and then the IPL so with them probably resigned to their fate I'll take Sri Lanka to win this match. Sri Lanka won't just be happy to deny India the bonus point, they will want to continue making winning strides under their new captain Jayawardene and he will make sure his side focus on winning. With all that in mind it's Sri Lanka for me. 4pts Sri Lanka Under 2.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes For all I think Sri Lanka will win this match I don't think it will be with a flurry of 6's. They have played 6 matches in the tournament to date and haven't hit 3 or more 6's in any one of them so I don't see them suddenly producing a barrage of 6's in this match even against a weakened India bowling attack. It just isn't their way unless someone like Dilshan does something pretty outrageous. Sri Lanka only hit 2 6's in chasing down 280 on this ground a matter of days ago and I don't see them trumping that in this match. 1pt ew I.Pathan Top India Batsman 20/1 Bodog (1/5 1,2,3) I'm going to take a chance with Irfan Pathan in this match. The reason why I'm going to do that is at some stage in this match India are going to need some quick runs and Irfan Pathan is a very quick scorer when he gets going. If India are chasing and have a desire to win this match then Pathan could easily be sacrificed up the order especially if Sehwag has failed again. Pathan is a competent batsman and I believe he's opened in ODI cricket for India. He's certainly batted up the order so would be no stranger to that role. Even if he bats down the order he can still trouble the top 3 as we saw on Sunday when he finished 3rd despite batting down at number 9. India's top order keep getting themselves out and if that continues again Pathan is in the game down the order. He's definitely in it if he's shoved up the order so at 20/1 I'll pay my money and see how Irfan Pathan's fortunes pan out with the bat.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) 5pts Sri Lanka to win @ 2.59 (Pinnacle) How are Sri Lanka as long as 2.59 to win this game? It is a must win game for them compared to effectively a dead-rubber for Australia. The only incentive Australia has of winning the game is to play India in the finals. Other then that, they have already qualified. Not only that, Sri Lanka have outplayed Australia throughout this series, and they are playing them at the MCG, a ground which I think suits their batting line up, who prefer to knock the ball around rather than hitting the ball out of the park. On a big ground at the MCG, you get easy 2's from placing the ball in the huge outfield. They did lose heavily on Tuesday, but that was thanks to one of the great one-day innings from Virat Kohli.

Re: Commonwealth Bank ODI Series (Australia/India/Sri Lanka) That was a nasty last match for me but at least it was Kohli who did the damage. +21.57 now for the tournament. Four for me in this upcoming match. 3pts Sri Lanka to beat Australia 6/4 Bet365 Like Lahrio, I've no idea how Sri Lanka are a 6/4 shot in this match. Of their three meetings with Australia in this competition so far they have beaten them twice and lost once in a match which they should have won at the end so they have dominated their head to head in the tournament. I know India did a bit of a job on them in the last match but if we see another knock like Virat Kohli's this year I'll be amazed let alone in this match. You wouldn't expect Lasith Malinga to go for more than 2 a ball again either so I'm prepared to put that down as a bit of a fluke. Australia are in the final whether they win or lose this match. The only thing they really gain out of winning would be to play India in the finals as India have struggled more than Sri Lanka in the series but in truth there's not much difference. It remains to be seen whether Michael Clarke will be risked in this match. I don't really see the point in risking him so Shane Watson could continue to lead the side in his absence. James Pattinson could come into the side having been added to the squad but it's Sri Lanka who I see winning this. They will be forced into a change after Farveez Maharoof went lame but other than that they will field the side which has been so good for them in the tournament so far. Motivation is all on their side. They win they go into the finals. They lose and they go home. I don't think the Sri Lankans are ready to go home yet and I think Mahela Jayawardene will have had a word with his charges and he'll make sure he has them up for this match, a match I think they will win. 6pts Under 5.5 6's 5/6 William Hill Nonsense line. Boundaries at the MCG are absolutely huge and there were only 5 6's in the last match here because a) India bowled a load of dross and b) it was a shortened match so the slog could come out more freely. Usually you don't get many 6's here. The wicket can be a bit slow and the boundaries are humungous. Sri Lanka might have smashed a load of 6's in Hobart last time out but they won't be smashing many 6's in this match unless Australia send down a load of short balls that Dilshan catches hold of. By the same token I don't think Sri Lanka will concede too many 6's in this match either. Watson is a danger to any 6's bet but even he will struggle to clear the ropes around here. I'm confident we won't see 6 6's in this match. The two new balls don't help batsmen get the slog out for prolonged periods so we won't see no Watson specials here I don't think so I'm happy to be on the unders here. 3pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 47&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. I've been waiting for Kumar Sangakkara to come good with the bat for a while in this series and now it has happened I expect it to be like London Buses for him and I think he will go well again here too. He's been looking really good with the bat throughout this series without converting it into a score but he finally made a score in the last match which should have sent his confidence soaring. He won't have to cover this solely with the bat as I think this wicket will assist the seamers early doors and Sangakkara can easily get a catch especially from the openers who push at a lot of balls. With Maharoof injured, Sri Lanka could bring in the off spinner who's name I'm not even going to attempt to spell so there's a chance of a stumping or so which wouldn't go amiss. I think with bat and catches this total is well within reach though so I'm happy to take the overs here. 1pt ew D.Hussey Top Australia Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) No idea why we keep on getting David Hussey at such attractive prices but I'm more than happy to take him again. He's Australia's top runscorer in this series by a fair way and on his home ground I think we'll see another substantial knock from the Victorian. Hussey has placed in his last two innings having top scored a couple of times earlier in the series. He comes into this match off the back of a half century so his pecker will be up and at 6/1 I think he's a crazily good each way bet especially with Sri Lanka having Malinga who can keep the top order quiet and get them on their way. His efforts against Sri Lanka this summer have been 28, a top scoring 58 and 40* and I think he's a good price to top score again on his home ground.