** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals

kevshat

After wiping the floor with the Indians in the test series, Australia now host India in two T20 internationals this week. Both matches are on Sky and should be pretty competitive in terms of wanting to win as the World T20 countdown has begun. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Wed Feb 1 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - Australia v India Stadium Australia, Sydney [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 12.png 18 - 21° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Feb 3 08:35 GMT | 19:35 local 08:35 GMT [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - Australia v India Melbourne Cricket Ground [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 38.png 14 - 26° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals I am fairly heavy on Australia because of the following 3 factors :- 1. Recent T20 Form - Most of the Aussies are fresh from the Big Bash with some very solid T20 form under the belt, while the Indians don't have recent T20 form. 2. Conditions - As they have all summer, the pitches will suit the Aussies more than the Indians and a number of the Indian T20 players coming in have limited or no experience playing in Aussie conditions. 3. Morale & Momentum - After the tests the Aussies are right on top and will be able to play with freedom and confidence. India will be under pressure (again) and haven't really shown any signs of turning it around. I've backed Australia for the Series as a kind of "running double" on Australia for both games. There is every possibility that Australia will win by a large margin in the 1st game so I'm locking in a good price for the 2nd game while I can. 4pts Australia to beat India T20 Series 6/4 Tom Waterhouse Biggest threat to the Aussie win is Virender Sehwag. He showed a glimpse of form in Adelaide and is the only player I see who could pull out an individually freakish batting performance to steal a win for India, so I'm hedging that possibility against my series bet. 1pt Virender Sehwag Top Indian Bat 11/3 Stan James

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Two for me in the opening T20. Want to take India at the prices given that Australia have a brand new captain making his debut and needing to pick Brad Hogg is a bit of a weird move too but given how they've been battered in the tests I'll leave that. 4pts Over 9.5 6's Evs Ladbrokes I think this line looks low enough to attack. The ANZ Stadium isn't the biggest ground in the world, as we saw in the Big Bash League last month and I think we have enough hitters on show to ensure we get a few 6's in this match. David Warner can cover any 6's line on any given night least of all this one but we've got the likes of Travis Birt, Dave Hussey, Mitchell Marsh, Dan Christian if he plays and even Brett Lee who can score 6's while India have Sehwag, Raina, Sharma and Dhoni as well as Jadeja or Pathan and I've probably forgotten some players too. The wicket won't have too much bounce in it so the Indians shouldn't be discouraged from playing their shots. The boundaries aren't the biggest here and the bowling attacks aren't great with Australia trialing a few bowlers out. I think we've got enough on our side to suggest we'll see 10 6's here. 1pt ew M.Marsh Top Australia Batsman 13/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Make sure you pick the right Marsh if you are following here. Mitchell Marsh comes into the match off the back of a wonderful Big Bash League series where he averaged over 50 for his 9 matches and was 2nd in the total runs list in the tournament. He made a couple of 50's in the tournament and hit 19 6's. We've seen him playing in the IPL before and he can biff a big ball. I would imagine Australia will make sure he bats here as they will want a good look at him early enough so that they know whether he's likely to be an asset in the World T20 in Sri Lanka later in the year or not. With the likes of Shaun Marsh massively out of form and Bailey making his debut there's a couple of players under pressure of a different kind batting above him. When Mitchell Marsh is at the crease he'll probably be scoring as quickly as anyone and at 13/2 I think he's well worth a go at top scoring in the home side's innings here at the ANZ.

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals

Want to take India at the prices given that Australia have a brand new captain making his debut and needing to pick Brad Hogg is a bit of a weird move too but given how they've been battered in the tests I'll leave that.
I bit the bullet and took the 5/4 available on India @ Skybet. The OZ squad just seems to resemble a Big Bash 'all star' ensemble. Dont get me wrong there is a lot of individual talent but against an experienced and fairly settled International T20 unit I think they will be found wanting. Rain in the area so even more of a lottery now :unsure

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Good start for the Aussie series pick :ok. +2pts for me for that match. Not sure why Bailey came in ahead of Marsh just to dab everything down to 3rd man but you win some you lose some. 6's were never in question thankfully.

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Going with just the one ahead of tomorrow. India have been awful. I'd like to oppose them again but I will swerve and just touch this: - 4pts Team to Hit the Most Sixes: Australia @ 10/11 [bluesq] Fairly surprised to be getting such a generous line on this one. 365 and a few other bookmakers have the right idea with this being set at 1.66, so 1.91 at Bluesq is something I am more than willing to be a part of. Australia won the sides march bet 9-4 in Sydney with all of their top four hitting at least one maximum. India on the other hand had to rely on a MS Dhoni cameo to bring in three of their four sixes. Their top order is floundering. Sehwag threw away his wicket the other day whilst Gambhir has looked out of touch all series. Kohli is their most assured batman, but he has never held down a massive reputation for six hitting. Australia though boast Warner, Wade, Travis Birt, David Hussey. Them guys can clear any boundary, even the massive ones at Melbourne. David Warner hit six sixes here in 2009, so he'll have happy memories of this place. India provide PLENTY of spin options with their bowling too which will help matters for the Aussies. There have been four t20I's at the MCG, none have seen more than 9 sixes. I will avoid the enticingly set under 9.5 six line in the event of any of the aforementioned having a blinder but I will take the 10/11 on offer for the Aussies. Really should be lower than that.

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Just one for me tomorrow. I'm still sure India will win one of these two matches and logic would say it has to be this one but I still don't trust them enough to part with my dosh. 4pts Under 9.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes Anyone who has followed me through the years will know when we get to the MCG I take the unders on the 6's line and that isn't changing here. This line hasn't been covered in a T20 on this ground year and Warner once hit 6 6's on his own which shows the chances of it staying under the line. That said I've been Warnered before and so I'll tread carefully in case he goes bonkers here. If he doesn't I think the unders will be safe because this ground is enormous. Even your averagely good six hitter can't clear these ropes. We are talking the genuine powerfully clean hitter like Warner, Gayle, Pollard, Yuvraj or Dhoni sort of player. Given that two of them compete in this match I will keep stakes moderately low. Even with all the razzmatazz of the Big Bash League and the amount of T20 the sides in that played the only match which covered this total was the first one when Warner hit a 50 odd ball ton here. If he doesn't go radio rental here and Australia control Dhoni to singles and such like when he comes in then I think the unders will land here. The MCG is a chip and nudge into gaps and scamper 2s and 3s sort of ground rather than a stand, deliver and admire a 6 sort of ground. Unders for me.

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Kev beat me to it. 5pts Under 10.5 6's @ 1.90 (IASBet) IASBet are offering a pretty good line here. As mentioned above, no T20 has seen over 9 sixes scored at the MCG, and with the possibility of India batting first and being dismissed rather cheaply yet again, this seems like a decent bet. Of course there is the danger of Warner/Sehwag hitting their straps, but with the size of these boundaries it would still be fairly difficult to hit 11 maximums. 3pts Method of First Dismissal (Aus) - Caught Any Other Fielder @ 1.80 (IASBet) This method of dismissal is common in T20 cricket. A quick breakdown of Warner's method of dismissal in his International innings shows that he is caught by 'any other fielder' in: 21 of his 30 International Innings (70%); 9 of his 10 innings in Australia (90%); All 3 of his innings at the MCG. Wade hasn't yet been dismissed like this in T20I's, although he has only been dismissed twice so far. Looking at his recent Big Bash form though, all 5 of his dismissals were by this method. I know three innings and five innings are small samples to be working with, but the nature of T20 really makes this a highly likely method to get out by.

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals Good result for Game #1 of the Series. Sehwag fell over early and the rest of the Indian batting order looked under-cooked for the series or out of form entirely. Dhoni looked like he could have batted a while, but even by his normally unflappable standards he looked tired and despondant. In the end the Indians gave up with a few overs to go and saw out the run chase by taking lazy singles - never getting close. The score line was flatterring in the end. Game #2 might be more of the same, particularly if Australia bat first again, but if India can get first crack at the wicket they might be able to post a 150+ competetive total that could apply some pressure to the Aussies. The newcomers arriving in Australia have also had a bit more time to acclimatise and should have a better preparation, so might not look so rusty and can be expected to improve. As such I'm hedging my initial series bet a little by taking an Indian win to cover some exposure. 2pts India to beat Australia (T20 Game #2) 2.55 Sportsbet There has been a lot of talk about the differrences between the ANZ and MCG grounds where the two games are played. The MCG wicket has typically been a better batting surface and yet a more difficult ground to score boundaries. I can see the big six hitters like Warner and Sehwag getting caught on the boundary rope. 2pts Under 10.5 Total Match Sixes 1.90 Sportsbet At the bigger grounds, nobody works the quick singles and lightning twos better than Dave Hussey. He was unlucky not to get Man of The Match in Game #1 and looks to be in good form. The MCG is also his home ground and so if he gets some solid time in the middle between overs 6-16 he will be able to scratch out some good runs as he is generally a good player of spin - which the Indians will be depending on. 1pt David Hussey Top Australian Bat 5.50 Stan James 0.5pt David Hussey Man of The Match 13.00 Sportingbet

Re: Australia vs India - 2xTwenty20 Internationals A dissappointing end to this short series sees me down 1.6 points. Not really happy that the Australian selectors treated these two games as trial matches. There is a common saying that "You don't change a winning team", yet Australia brought in 3 changes which I believe weakened both the bowling AND batting. They swapped a batsman and 2 all-rounders for 2 batsmen and a bowler - where 1 of the batsmen was the horribly out of form Shaun Marsh. They effectively dropped 3 players who could bat for 1 and the lack of batting depth was duly exposed. They dropped a bowling option and Dan Christian has every reason to feel hard done by when he picked up 2 wickets in the first game only to be dropped. The other brain explosion from the Australians was the demotion of Wade, who was superb opening the innings in the first game and was rewarded by being moved down the order. When you tamper with the batting line-up you don't allow good combinations to develop and often the result is miscommunications and run-outs. Australia had 4 of them. They were never going to be able to apply enough pressure in the field with such a small total and the Indians were free to knock ones and twos around the massive MCG for an easy win. No doubt in my mind that the selectors lost this game for Australia.