** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February

The general feeling I get from looking at various sites is that there's a larger percentage of muppets betting on tennis rather than other sports like Darts' date=' Snooker.[/quote'] So I am a muppet now? Thanks mate, thanks a lot, I don't even know I bother taking up the time to write up these tips, I really don't.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit uncouth and for that I agoligise' date=' but posts like this are just drivel. If it's nailed on and Maria doesn't have a chance, why are they even offering a market? Or for that matter why are they even bothering to play the match?:unsure[/quote'] Lack of humility? Or a lack of trust from fellow forum posters?

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Well no, it was a general comment really from observing many tipping sites. You've actually been doing a good job, posting some very good tips. But surely you can see that certain things rub people up the wrong way, the tennis threads are a alot harder to read than the other sports like darts, snooker which are far tidier and more civil.

Well no, it was a general comment really from observing many tipping sites. You've actually been doing a good job, posting some very good tips. But surely you can see that certain things rub people up the wrong way, the tennis threads are a alot harder to read than the other sports like darts, snooker which are far tidier and more civil.
Refer to above post.

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February I'm going to question the whole point of PL in this post but here goes ... Why do people post their tips up? Is it to help others or is it so they have somewhere to boast afterwards that they've won a bet? Ronaq, I feel you fall into the latter category. You post your tips to laud it over everyone because of a win, shown by your evident love of big emotions. You love to be the centre of attention. You want the adulation. When I first joined, I enjoyed writing here. It was nice to share tips and get others in return but I also found it helped my betting because writing out my thoughts refined my selections and helped me decide whether to hit it or not. But latterly, I've found that I don't have the time to do it and my stint at PL helped me become a more successful gambler. I have been in profit ever since I joined here and that's a great thing. Anyway, I digress. The last six months have seen scores of people join simply to get a slap on the back when they get a win. There's no sense of helping each other any more. Tipsters like Psycho and Czech, who were very prominent and helpful, have been forced away and only appear intermittently, and for a long spell IAG was out of the equation too. I think it's because, if you excuse my French, we have a few cnuts on board. Good tipsters, but total cnuts. I've said my piece. Never to return. I've had enough.

It was nice to share tips and get others in return but I also found it helped my betting because writing out my thoughts refined my selections and helped me decide whether to hit it or not. But latterly' date=' I've found that I don't have the time to do it and my stint at PL helped me become a more successful gambler. I have been in profit ever since I joined here and that's a great thing.[/b']
Could not agree more, I've become so much more analytical with my thoughts on matches and as a result a lot wiser with my decision making. I probably do partly post tips for that "pat on the back" ... you are right .. partly ... but primarily what I yearn for is drawing views from others and introducing those views into my mindset and progressing from there.

You went to a nursery where kids won fortunes?? Didn't know you were from Dubai mate ;) I'll have my last words on it and I'm not going to be subtle at all, given my uni lecturer just had a go at me for not coming in even though I'm drowning in snow back in London. The screenshots are pointless, regardless of who argues against that and the forum really isn't the place for them. The main role of PL is to provide tips and good reasoning before matches start, in order to aid those who are looking to get involved, whether involved with the site or not. Back when I first joined PL, the main tennis punters who are still about were Atko, Psycho, Czech, IAG and smeg and it was all good posts with well thought out reasoning, with no petty arguments within the forum. These days we see a lot more of this necessity to become in a sense, the 'top tipster' in the forum, which is bad on every front with nothing good possibly coming out of it. If we take a look at the most recent snooker thread from last week, the guys in there ended on superb profit and hopefully helped a lot of others to make some money and the recognition they got from others after the tournament had finished I'm sure was just a pleasant bonus for Kev, Russ, Mirage and co. It's much like the darts over xmas. Kev, Russ and I got some really good returns, but we weren't doing it for recognition or anything of the sorts. It was purely explaining our thoughts, and also helping others to make some dosh themselves. As it was, the tournament was extremely successful for us and we made some money but I'm sure I can speak for Russ and Kev and most other PL members when I say this, we really don't need recognition or a pat on the back for out tips. Personally, my satisfaction comes through myself, knowing I called a match right and that for me is pleasing enough. The PL forum just isn't the place for the screenshots as it doesn't benefit anyone. The eccentric emotions really aren't welcome as well, not in my eyes anyway as again it just emphasizes that need to be recognized. We get some really good tips in the tennis thread consistently, and it's a shame to spoil that with these arguments and little things that downgrade the forum and PL as a whole;especially when these things can be fixed so easily as they are so minor. Let's hope this is the last we have to speak of this issue guys, as it's really old and extremely petty and just keep the profitable tips coming. :ok
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap. Such a spot on post Fishy. Apologies guys, I've been really busy since the start of the year and haven't always been around to moderate everything 24/7 so the threads have gone more unmoderated than they normally would be. We're adding more mods to the tennis section so there will be more of us around to make sure things run a bit smoother and to coin Atko's phrase look less like a playground however it must be remembered that we all have jobs and lives away from PL so we're not around all the time so if there is anything that you notice that we've not picked up on or sorted us drop us a PM and we will deal with the issue as soon as we can. Equally with tennis now having it's own forum if you've any suggestions for how to move the tennis forum forward let us know and we can discuss it in Mods and implement it if it's agreed on :ok. I won't say anymore on what's gone on in this thread because others have done it before me but from the thread beginning Feb 6th we'll be cleaning up the threads and making them all about the purpose of them - the fantastic tips that are on it. Just to clarify, things that aren't allowed are screenshots of things after an event (whether goaded into it or not - this is an adults forum) and over excessive self congratulations. A subtle post stating if the bet wins or loses and an update on the week/year P/L is ok but anything which has bananas, cows or any other form of stupid smiley in it will just be deleted so I'll leave that as a warning. We've got some brilliant tipsters in tennis on PL and long may that continue so hopefully we can get back to how we all want it, full of winners from everyone rather than annoying people and ultimately driving them away. Cheers Kev

Lack of humility? Or a lack of trust from fellow forum posters?
Thanks for bringing me into another argument about your posts. I was not questioning your lumility, mearly your common sence and grasp of basic probability theory:ok Well done on your decent good luck long may it continue:clap

Re: Tennis: 30th January to 5th February Please no more fighting,I love you lot :) As a totally new to tennis betting,I really have enjoyed reading the insights,thinking behind each selection & the tips have been absolutely amazing. Maybe I'm total blind here but I dont see any posters really giving the 'big one' etc...Only one I really saw was someone posted a 'in running' bet of the Aussie Final for Djokovic to win 3-2 & I thought was just a gloating//look at me I've won money post.But In general in the tennis section we have a bunch of superb tipsters. Fishy,CzechPunter,Atko,ImLovinIt,Alovenac,Bavarac,IAMAGooner,Homunculus you guys are brilliant :notworthy I'm just learning the ropes but soon I hope to post a few of my own tips & suggestions.I just like us all to take the Bookies to the cleaners & I hope WE can all work together to achieve this goal in 2012 Just one complaint,Atko please post much more :ok Good Luck all :hope