** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan

Re: Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan Stoke +0.5 @ 3.20 bet365 Man Utd have quite a few players out and are backing up after the disappoitment of being knocked out by Liverpool in the FA Cup. They will face a bruising encounter against Stoke who will look to repeat the scoreline from earlier in the season where they drew 0-0 with Man Utd at home. They will press high up the pitch, and use their big men to unsettle this Man Utd defence that is without Vidic and probably Ferdinand too. As for Man Utd when they attack, without their two main attacking weapons in Rooney and Nani, they will find it hard to score on Stoke's defence, who pride themselves on keeping their team in the game. Like Stoke to get something out of this game as Man Utd's depth gets tested, and believe they will struggle to adapt to Stoke's physical game.

Re: Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan Stoke +1.5 @ 1,90 is just a gift IMO. I don't have much reasoning to do other than what was written already. Stoke lost three times since December only and that was against Manchester City, Besiktas and West Brom. Even tho' Besiktas and City won by 2 goals back then, I don't rate Manchester to grab a big win here or most probably not even win. Odds have way too much quality considering the injury list Manchester is facing and personally I can't see them scoring that much today. Good luck all! Stoke +1.5 @ 1,90 @ Bet365 - Stake 6/10

Re: Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan As always, I try to be a rebel and bet on the odds that are drifting. Though I had to dig deep to find any reason to bet against all you mugs (only joking!) on Man Utd. Utd have a long injury list, as well as getting beat at OT this season by lesser teams the likes of Blackburn and Crystal palace. Held by Newacastle and not forgetting the thumping from Man City, its a contrast to last seasons record of w18 d1. Though as always, to win here you do need that bit of luck. looking at the potential lineups, you're probably going to see a full strength Stoke side with little injury worries, and a largely patched up Utd side looking to call on their veterans. A midfield consisting of Valencia, Scholes, Giggs and Park may not be exciting, but all of these players are very capable and are playing well. Valencia looks really dangerous and can match Young or Nani down the wings. Giggs still has that magical touch and Parks goal against Liverpool shows the sharpness that he still has. Scholes prooved he can still score and playing at old trafford with many still licking their wounds from their defeats, I see Ferguson putting extra thought and derterminations into his limited squad. Any other circumstance Stoke City at home should be a simple 3 points, though Ferguson will realise the stakes and apart from the Europa league, the premier league is what Utds season boils down to, similarly to that of Man City. Stoke will give it a real go with their fully fit squad, though the pitch at Old trafford wont fit Stokes workman like play style. Utd -1.25 1.85 (188) 10/10

Re: Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan

Stoke +0.5 @ 3.20 bet365 Man Utd have quite a few players out and are backing up after the disappoitment of being knocked out by Liverpool in the FA Cup. They will face a bruising encounter against Stoke who will look to repeat the scoreline from earlier in the season where they drew 0-0 with Man Utd at home. They will press high up the pitch, and use their big men to unsettle this Man Utd defence that is without Vidic and probably Ferdinand too. As for Man Utd when they attack, without their two main attacking weapons in Rooney and Nani, they will find it hard to score on Stoke's defence, who pride themselves on keeping their team in the game. Like Stoke to get something out of this game as Man Utd's depth gets tested, and believe they will struggle to adapt to Stoke's physical game.
:eyes Two sloppy pieces of defending gifts two penalties for Man Utd Season record: 101-125 (+12.11)

Re: Manchester United v Stoke > 31 Jan

Utd -1.25 1.85 (188) 10/10
I expected a good performance from the old guns at Old trafford. Interview with Ferguson after the game with reference to Gibson was quite funny imo! Two penalties, but Man Utd played well despite their injury problems