** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January

Dylan

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January 4 quite interesting ties this midweek in the Coppa Italia, starting with the Juve vs Roma match tomorrow night where I feel there could be some potential with the away team Conte has a few injury problems and hasn’t been able to call up Pepe or Marchisio for this match. As those are 2 out of perhaps there best 4 players so far this season these will be a big loss for them in this match. Buffon and Vucinic are also rested for this match, and these are another two first team regulars. On top of this Conte has said today that regardless of the injury situation he will look to shuffle things around and give opportunites for those who haven’t had many this season. Given that they also have a huge game vs Udinese at the weekend could also mean that some other key men, like Pirlo and Matri could be rested. Juve’s performances have been heavily dependent on all of these all season and without them I doubt they will be at their imperious best and this could give hope for Roma. Roma have taken a very strong squad. De Rossi is still injured and whilst that is a big miss, I think Gago is beginning to show that he a decent replacement and if Juve do mess around with their midfield line up, then Gago would have a better chance of handling things in there. Other than that I expect a strong line up from Luis Enrique. The Roma squad is; Goalkeepers - Stekelenburg, Lobont, Curci Defenders- Heinze, Juan, Kjaer, Rosi, Taddei, José Angel Midfielders - Gago, Greco, Perrotta, Pjanic, Simplicio, Viviani Strikers- Borini, Bojan, Lamela, Totti Roma were able to manage a draw with Juve earlier in the season, despite the fact that at the time they had multiple injuries, poor form and were under extreme pressure. So if Juve play what would be a considerably weakened side then I see no reason why Roma couldn’t do the same here. Obviously I will wait for starting lineups to be released but if I’m convinced that’s Juve’s line up is weak enough then be looking to back Roma (with some draw cover, maybe +0.5 which is at 1.85 currently) or I might have a look at the goal market. Roma to score over 1.5 is also at a tempting 3.40.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January I will not go for a "serious" bet today, Cup has burnt me last two times. Instead i will take few fun bets that i often do not take and that from player market. I wanted to take Borrielo anytime GS, but odds under 3 are not appealing, instead i do like1. Giaccherini to score anytime @ 4.332. Pjanic to score anytime @ 8both b365Both will have offensive midfield roles and both - especailly Giaccherini - have decent shot from outside the box. Sharing 25€ per bet and lets see what happens.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 24 January 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v AS Roma (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.02 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 % [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 25 January 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chievo v Siena (16:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.55 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.09 % [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Napoli v Internazionale (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.85 % [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 26 January 2012 [/TH] [TH]Home [/TH] [TH]Draw [/TH] [TH]Away [/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Lazio (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.87 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.25 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Juventus vs Roma Interesting statistical facts and action is required immediately as this bet is going to be a winner. Juve played 9 games home and 7 have ended with 2 or 3 goals - 5 with 2, 2 with 3 goals. Roma played 9 times away from Olimpico and 6 games have ended with 2 or 3 goals: 3 with 2 goals and 3 with 3 goals. Last 5 meetings between these two have been inside the limits imposed. 2 or 3 goals is a logic bet @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January I am not doing anything until line-ups come out. This is a one leg match and given the expected rotation I do favour Roma to get a result. +0.5 at 1.85 looks decent enough if the XI's are roughly what is expected. Gazzetta think Juventus may go with their back 3 formation.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Juventus - Roma Juventus looks unstoppable. The team conducts one of the best times in the league in recent years. In the Serie A team is in first position and so far has not suffered a single defeat. It's just an excellent result for such a strong League, Serie A as 1 point separates the team from Milan, 2nd placed. Juventus to fight for the title this season will be extremely difficult. But in the Champions League team to go 100 percent. Of departure from the zone of the Champions League the team divides 6 points and is more than a comfortable advantage. The same team this year does not appear on the European scene and can fully concentrate on domestic competitions. After winning last weekend very uncompromising Atalanta in an away match (0:2), Juventus proved once again that is not casual occupies the top from the point in the standings. With regard to changes in the starting lineup for next Juventus game against Roma, as compared to the composition, which played against Atalanta, they certainly will be. Simone Pepe and Claudio Marchisio are unlikely to come out on the field in this game, the coach simply wont force them, they are very important for the team. And come in handy in future fight for the championship. Moreover Juventus will give space to: Storari gkper, in defense Lichtsteiner right, attack Del Piero with Borriello. Roma, for the matches that the team spent in Serie A, has left no one impressed. And if the team looks strong enough "on paper", then to develop team play on the field, the coach took a very long time. And in recent games Roma actually looks not bad. The team has 5 consecutive wins in Serie A, against Cesena, Chievo, Bologna, Napoli and Fiorentina. Also worth noting is absolutely the whole line of attack scored, all of these matches with Roma completed the 15:2 goal difference! This is a very good indicator of what lies ahead of the team was adjusted game. But in Serie A team is only 6th. After a disastrous start to the season, all of these victories were not allowed to rise above them. The team also has lost a little more serious and they are than Juventus. Not be able to play Daniele De Rossi, Marco Cassetti, Nicolas Burdisso and Pablo Osvaldo. In attack will play trio Totti, Bojan Krkic and Lamela. Lamela and Bojan couple of attack young but very talented. Juve change system and play with 3 defenders: Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini .. with fast Roma players and a good passing from Totti can see a lots of probems for the trio mentioned. The 3-5-2 of Juventus with Del Piero and ex Roma striker Boriello in attack will put pression from the flanks. For the outcome: like Roma to win, a team on the rise with Luis Enrique game plans seems to get to the light slowly and the project has with Roma I start to believe in it. For totals: Both teams are in very good shape before this match. Therefore, Total Over 2.5 2.05 WillHill in this game is playable and the most trustable and strong play of all the others options in this game. Stats: Will F. Gago (Roma) get a yellow card? Yes. (Player must start the match for bets to stand) 4.00 Betsson

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Line ups are on the below link. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=336404&cc=5739 Looks like Juve will stay with the usual formation, just different players. I would say they look a lot weaker up front than they do in defence, although a midfield of Pirlo, Giaccherini and Marrone (although I don't know too much about him) does look a little light weight defensivly and may allow Roma the majority of possession. What they do with it is another matter, but if they can control the game then they have a great chance of getting the win. With that in mind I will so for Juve vs Roma - Roma DNB 3.0 at bet365 (1 unit) :hope

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January LE needs to do something quickly, otherwise I've had a mare here. Doubt he can though. EDIT - Terrible pick from me :wall. Roma got nowhere near them. I think the approach would have been to go and try and control the game , but the early goal put pay to that and Roma were completely out of ideas from then onwards. Having a look at the other games, can see nothing that jumps out to me. Both Inter and Napoli have taken strong squads and so that match will be hard to call. In the other match up, Chievo have made a few changes (no Sorrentino and no Cesar I believe, not sure who else) so could be worth keeping an eye on Siena's prices. However wont be around tomorrow night to check team news etc so there will be no bets from me, which is probably just as well considering tonights selection. Good luck to anyone who take a punt on them.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January [TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Napoli - Inter [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Napoli [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 25/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 2.45 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Since Napoli got back to Serie A in the season 2007/08, they never lost at home when receiving Inter. Two draws and two Napoli wins is the balance. And Napoli will enter even more confident in this game remembeering the last time they faced Inter:3-0 was the result. While Napoli is full concentrate to this game and count with a full fit squad to choose, Inter is more concentrate in the Serie A challenge and Ranieri will play with aa second line Inter in this game, saving the stars for the next Serie A game. Like this, only three key players are expected to play in the visitors: Maicon, Zanetti and Cambiasso. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January

[TABLE=width: 100%] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] Napoli - Inter[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] Napoli [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 25/01/2012[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 2.45[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Since Napoli got back to Serie A in the season 2007/08, they never lost at home when receiving Inter. Two draws and two Napoli wins is the balance. And Napoli will enter even more confident in this game remembeering the last time they faced Inter:3-0 was the result. While Napoli is full concentrate to this game and count with a full fit squad to choose, Inter is more concentrate in the Serie A challenge and Ranieri will play with aa second line Inter in this game, saving the stars for the next Serie A game. Like this, only three key players are expected to play in the visitors: Maicon, Zanetti and Cambiasso.[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
APPIANO GENTILE - Claudio Ranieri ha convocato 21 nerazzurri in vista di Napoli-Inter, gara valida per i quarti di finale di Tim Cup 2011-2012, in programma domani, mercoledì 25 gennaio '12 allo stadio "San Paolo" in Fuorigrotta a Napoli (ore 20.45). Portieri: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni; Difensori: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu, 37 Davide Faraoni; Centrocampisti: 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 18 Andrea Poli, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi; Attaccanti: 7 Giampaolo Pazzini, 22 Diego Milito, 28 Mauro Zarate, 30 Luc Castaignos. Where did you get the infos regarding the second team for Inter? I think it is a wrong news!

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Napoli vs Inter Despite the fact that these two teams have just a few of the matches ended with 2-3 goals, I will take the bet with full confidence. Last 3 matches for Napoli have been ended with 2-3 goals, while Inter ended last 2 matches inside these limits. Also last 2 matches between these two sides have ended with 2-3 goals. Napoli scores and concedes in every match, at least they did that in 13 matches in last 15. Inter is looking like a team with a great defensive play under Ranieri and I like them very much for the good organization they have. I think this is the best possible bet for this match as both teams will ant to advance in the next round! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365 Chievo vs Siena Siena has 5 games away from home ended with 2-3 goals from a total of 9 matches. Despite the fact that in Serie A Chievo has many games under especially at home, in Coppa Italia, Chiveo has last 2 games ended with 3 goals: 2-1 to Udinese and 3-0 home, with Modena. Siena made a thrilling 4-4 with Palermo away, won 2-1 with Cagliari and won home 1-0 with Torino. When these two have met we have seen just 2 games over 2.5 goals in last 6. Both teams will play with mixed teams, so stats from the Serie A are not counting here. Expect a match with 2-3 goals @ 2.00 with bluesquare

APPIANO GENTILE - Claudio Ranieri ha convocato 21 nerazzurri in vista di Napoli-Inter' date= gara valida per i quarti di finale di Tim Cup 2011-2012, in programma domani, mercoledì 25 gennaio '12 allo stadio "San Paolo" in Fuorigrotta a Napoli (ore 20.45). Portieri: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni; Difensori: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 26 Cristian Chivu, 37 Davide Faraoni; Centrocampisti: 8 Thiago Motta, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 18 Andrea Poli, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi; Attaccanti: 7 Giampaolo Pazzini, 22 Diego Milito, 28 Mauro Zarate, 30 Luc Castaignos. Where did you get the infos regarding the second team for Inter? I think it is a wrong news!
http://www.freebetting.com/betting-news/general/napoli-vs-inter-preview-5512/ "Probable starting line-up (4-4-1-1): Castelazzi – Maicon, Cordoba, Ranocchia, Zanetti – Faraoni, Obi, Cambiasso, Poli – Sneijder – Zarate." Before you say it is wrong news you must to know what are you talking about. Yes Ranieri called up 21 players but in football only use to play 11. Did you knew it? Next time you say i give wrong news, i simply will ignore you

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Recovered Lavezzi will replace Hamsik. Britos and Fernandez (in defense), Zuniga and Dzemaili (in midfield) are reserve players who will start the match for Napoli tonight. Muntari, Stanković, Coutinho and Forlan are out for Inter. Ranieri led a group of first team players, but it's uncertain who will play. Castellazzi or J. Cesar (gk), Samuel or Lucio (df), Cambiasso or Motta (mf) and Milito or Zarate (fw)...

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January I feel the price on Lazio for tomorrow nights game is very interesting. Could be a number of options but +0.5 at evens stands out. Reja has called up a full strength squad for the trip to Milan and all signs point to a full strength starting 11 as well. Think this could cause some problems to Milan, who could well field a weakened team as they did in the last round vs Novara. However I can't see any confirmation of Milans squad yet although i'm sure something official must be out there. Will probs just leave it until team news is announced. Over 2.5 another option maybe. The league match between these two sides was a cracker, ending 2-2.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January [TABLE] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD] AC Milan - Lazio [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD] AC Milan [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD] 10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD] 26/01/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD] Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Milan will face Lazio without two important midfielders. Aquilani and Boateng are both injured. But also Lazio has a very important absence in his midfield, with the veteran and influent Brocchi out of this game too. Lazio use to make results when facing Milan in Coppa Italia but this time i believe things will be different. Milan is already advised by the recent bad results against Lazio and they are making a very good season having the best attack of Serie A with 40 goals. Also the moment of Lazio dont bring confidence as they only got one win in the last five Serie A games. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Italy Cup - 26/01/2012 - 20:45 CET - Milan - Lazio Milan without Boateng, Flamini, Cassano, Yepes, Aquilani, Gattuso, Pato who are all injured. El Shaarawy & Robinho in up front with Ibrahimovic who will start from bench. T. Silva no in list for Italy Cup game. Lazio without Cristian Brocchi and striker Libor Kozak. Lorik Cana is out for six weeks with a back injury while Stefano Mauri is still nursing a troublesome thigh problem. Lazio have beaten Milan in four out of their last five Coppa Italia encounters. lineupmilanlazio.png

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Think that Lazio have greater ambitions in this competition. Milan won't relax at San Siro, but Serie A title should be more important for them. These teams will meet again in Serie A game for 6 days in Rome. Looking at news above, I think Lazio have better chance than bookies assessed. Winner of this match will play against Juventus in the semis... My chances for that which team will qualify are Milan 60:40 Lazio, so take value here... Lazio to progress @3.00 Paddy Power 1/10

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 24-26 January Lineups are; MILAN: Amelia, Abate, Mexes, Bonera, Mesbah, Merkel, Van Bommel, Nocerino, Seedorf, Robinho, El Shaarawy. LAZIO: Marchetti, Diakité, Stankevicius, Dias, Konko, Gonzalez, Matuzalem, Lulic, Hernanes, Cissé, Rocchi. Well i'll be watching this match, so fancied putting a bet on to increase the excitement, so will go for; Milan vs Lazio - Lazio over 1.5 goals 4.0 at Bet365 (0.5 units) Quite an attacking Lazio side by the looks of things with Matuzelm, Hernanes, Cisse and Rocchi all capable of creating and scoring goals. They will be up against a unfamiliar back line which includes a debutant in Mesbah and Bonera who can be a liability. Playing Merkel and Seedorf in midfield also limits their dfensive ability in the midfield of the park in my opinion and all this could maybe leave them a little bit open. Lazio scored two here in the league match between the two. :hope

• 1 month later...

4 quite interesting ties this midweek in the Coppa Italia, starting with the Juve vs Roma match tomorrow night where I feel there could be some potential with the away team Conte has a few injury problems and hasn’t been able to call up Pepe or Marchisio for this match. As those are 2 out of perhaps there best 4 players so far this season these will be a big loss for them in this match. Buffon and Vucinic are also rested for this match, and these are another two first team regulars. On top of this Conte has said today that regardless of the injury situation he will look to shuffle things around and give opportunites for those who haven’t had many this season. Given that they also have a huge game vs Udinese at the weekend could also mean that some other key men, like Pirlo and Matri could be rested. Juve’s performances have been heavily dependent on all of these all season and without them I doubt they will be at their imperious best and this could give hope for Roma. Roma have taken a very strong squad. De Rossi is still injured and whilst that is a big miss, I think Gago is beginning to show that he a decent replacement and if Juve do mess around with their midfield line up, then Gago would have a better chance of handling things in there. Other than that I expect a strong line up from Luis Enrique. The Roma squad is; Goalkeepers - Stekelenburg, Lobont, Curci Defenders- Heinze, Juan, Kjaer, Rosi, Taddei, José Angel Midfielders - Gago, Greco, Perrotta, Pjanic, Simplicio, Viviani Strikers- Borini, Bojan, Lamela, Totti Roma were able to manage a draw with Juve earlier in the season, despite the fact that at the time they had multiple injuries, poor form and were under extreme pressure. So if Juve play what would be a considerably weakened side then I see no reason why Roma couldn’t do the same here. Obviously I will wait for starting lineups to be released but if I’m convinced that’s Juve’s line up is weak enough then be looking to back Roma (with some draw cover, maybe +0.5 which is at 1.85 currently) or I might have a look at the goal market. Roma to score over 1.5 is also at a tempting 3.40.
I also think so. ____________________ Watch Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax Online Free