** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan

staffy

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan

WBA v Norwich This fixture was only played out two weeks ago with Norwich coming out with a 2-1 victory. In the third round of the cup neither manager made major changes to there sides and I see no reason why they would this time around. I would expect a open game much like the league fixture with both sides looking for the win to avoid a replay. This season in the league Norwich have scored in 10/11 away games, the only game they failed to score in was at Old Trafford and in that game they really should of scored. Seven out of there eleven away games have featured over 2.5 goals. WBA haven't been as solid at home this season as they were last season when Roy Hodgson took over. Conceding fourteen goals and scoring just eight in there eleven games. Five out of there eleven games have gone over 2.5 goals. I'm going to take over 2.5 goals 1.72 (5/10) Bet365 Norwich DNB 2.75 (2/10) Bet365
2/2 Profit :cow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derby vs Stoke – Stoke DNB 1.62 at Ladbrokes ( 2 units):ok Brighton vs Newcastle – Newcastle to win 2.05 at Ladbrokes (1.5 units):\ Leicester vs Swindon – over 2.5 goals 1.85 at bet365 (1 unit):\
Not the best day for me -1.26 units. Excellent call on Crawley Alexc

Agree with this. Listened to a Di Canio interview on BBC before the Wigan game' date=' and said he demands his team play football. He said he would rather lose 4-0 having kept playing their game, rather than 1-0 by changing their style. Was on the overs in the Wigan game as a result, and see no reason not to follow up today.[/quote'] Not nice...

Was at Anfield for the Man City game the other night, and had a bet on bookings for the game. The thinking being that Liverppol's midfield might be lacking a proper tackler in the absence of Lucas & Spearing. And that heavy rain was forecast for around kick-off, and that this would add a zip to any tackles. I also backed Charlie Adam to be booked. But I knew from fairly early on my bookings bet was in trouble, as there were hardly any tackles flying in. And that was after Gerrard was booked after just 3 mins. Despite City having 62% possesion, it really struck me how careful Liverpool were in their tackling. In fact when Charlie Adam slid in to win possesion on around 80mins, I made it the first time he was off his two feet in the entire game. So I made a note of it with tomorrow's game in mind. Given the media ramping of the rivalry/hatred between the 2 sets of fans, and the statements from both Gerrard and Fergie calling for calm, I was really expecting the cards lines to be set at over/under 5.5, and hoped to maybe get evens about under 5.5. In this big games, I believe the "joe soap" bet is to back overs on the cards, and so it can sometimes be value to play the unders. But the best I can see is 2.15 on under 4.5 yellow cards with BWIN. I think I would want slightly bigger to play, as Utd do seem to attract cards. I then looked at the Liverpool total cards, but under 2.5 is a skinny 1.5 with Bet365. So not really sure I will get involved here. May lay Adam to be booked on Betfair if it's sub 2.3. But said I would share my thoughts, especially if anyone else had considered the cards market here. All views welcome!!
Only one booking. Helped that Halsey seemed determined to his cards in his pocket. Should of played the unders :\

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan Chelsea (Handicap draw) @ 3.60 centrebet :D This bet is based on Chelsea winning by a one goal margin (ie 1-0,2-1 etc.). QPR have won two straight beating Milton KD 1-0 and then beating Wigan 3-1 at home, so the new coach has started to bear some fruit. Hughes is up against his old club here, and expect this to be a clash that is typical of cup ties given some of the incidents in a prior meeting that have occurred. QPR did beat Chelsea 1-0 in that game, with Chelsea having to play for more than one game with 9 men, so they did well then to keep the score down. Chelsea meanwhle have won 3 and drawn the other of their last 4 games in all competitions, with two of these wins by oen goal, and they have the players to win this, but expect QPR to keep this close. Liverpool (Handicap draw) @ 4.20 centrebet :D Like Liverpool to edge this game and win by a goal, given that they have been successful in recent times over their rivals Man Uts, defeating them in 3 and drawing the other in their last 4 meetings at Anfield. Both sides should field strong teams for this cup tie, but with the likelihood that Rooney is not playing, that swings the game more so in Liverpool's favour. Also there are inury concerns with JOnes, Ferdinand and Nani, and like Liverpool to win this. They are coming off a good comeback draw on two occasions against Man City midweek, which enabled them to go to a cup final at Wembley, and would like another opportunity here. Like Liverpool to win by a goal even though they have beaten Man Utd by two or more in the past, as they do find it hard to score goals this season, especially at home, while their defence has been solid for them this season :nana Both teams managed to win by a goal. Bit lucky with the Chelsea penalty and Liverpool's late winner, but we will take it Season record: 99-120 (+13.26)

Crawley @ 4 (Various) Lots of changes for Hull today, pretty much the entire team. With the Premier League heavy on Hull minds, I don't think the FA Cup will do all that much for them. Crawley at full-strength, and, as was seen last season and so far in this, they love the Cup and will be up for this. Fancy a surprise.
:clap Very good pick. Well done.

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan Arsenal vs Aston Villa Villa can easily win this match. Arsenal might also. It is a difficult match top bet on, but going on goals market we might have a winner. 7 matches out of 11 played at home by Arsenal have ended with 2-3 goals. Villa played 6 games over 2.5 goals, but in this match will face Arsenal away so will not be that easy to score many! Best option for me is 2-3 goals @ 2.00 with PaddyPower

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan Sunderland vs Boro Boro played 13 matches away and 5 of them were inside this interval of 2-3 goals. Sunderland played 11 matches at home and 5 have ended inside the same interval. 4 of the last home matches of Sunderland have ended with 2-3 goals. 2 of the last 5 games away for Boro have been inside the interval. Expect 2-3 goal sin this match @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan Aston Villa + 1 @ 1.95 Bet365 This strikes me as the type of fixture that is never as easy as it seems. Though this isn't a league game Villa have a very good recent record against Arsenal and I remember a few occasions where Arsenal have only just scraped by teams in the FA Cup. Even if they do win we get our money back if it's just by 1 and because of that security I'm happy to take this bet.

Sunderland vs Boro Boro played 13 matches away and 5 of them were inside this interval of 2-3 goals. Sunderland played 11 matches at home and 5 have ended inside the same interval. 4 of the last home matches of Sunderland have ended with 2-3 goals. 2 of the last 5 games away for Boro have been inside the interval. Expect 2-3 goal sin this match @ 1.95 with bet365
I have noticed you seem to do these kind of bets on a regular basis. If you do not mind me asking, what is the success rate of this bet and how do you determine what matches you bet on or is it on every match? Just curious because I have always wondered how this bet would fair if I were to try it myself.

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan Sunderland -1.5 @ 2.59 pinnacle Sunderland on a massive roll having won 5 and drawn one of their last 7 games in all competitions, including home wins over Swansea (2-0) and Man City (1-0) in their last two games at the Stadium of Light. They should have a pretty strong side for this game with Bendtner the only one who looks like missing out for this game. Boro will look to get some bragging rights in beating their local rivals, but they have lost their last 3 games in the Championship, with each of their losses by at least two goals. They are without Thompson and Arca in midfield, and expect them to be overrun there, especially with Cattermole playing against his old club. Arsenal - Aston Villa over 3.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Arsenal have lost their last 3 EPL games, allowing at least two goals in each of them, as they have each seen at least 3 goals scored in them. So defence has issues there, especially at left and right back with central defenders having to play there, and now Villa, who have some good forwards in Bent, Agbonlahor and Keane probably playing in this game, can see them breaching this defence. Villa too have had their problems in defence, allowing at least a goal in each of their last 4 EPL games, while also conceding to Bristol Rovers (3-1) in the previous round of the FA Cup. They will be pretty confident coming into this game as they have won 4 and drawn 2 of their last 6 away games in all competitions, but with the threat of van Persie, doubt their defence will keep a clean sheet. They have scored at least 3 goals in each of their last 3 meetings, with the away team winning each one, but would not be surprised that each side scores at least a couple of goals here. Season record: 99-120 (+13.26)

Re: England > FA Cup > Weekend > 27/28/29 Jan What a bloody cup tie that ******* was. Took a break from punting to chill out for a couple of days (I must say I would have backed Zaragoza +3.0 and Villarreal +1.5 yesterday :lol... Perhaps even Nadal to win the first set and Djokovic to win :rollin) Being a neutral for the game, though I enjoy "supporting" arsenal, I really felt bad for the Villa fans, ESPN showed a clip of a old looking dad holding his son up to see the game and they looked so sad but still optimistic for the game at 3 - 2...

Chelsea (Handicap draw) @ 3.60 centrebet Liverpool (Handicap draw) @ 4.20 centrebet
Wow Blackcrow you lucky genious, I remmeber seeing this and thinking what a dodgy muggy looking bets this pair was in an usually a high commission market, though both managed to come through at very nice odds! ;) EDIT: Nice calls on todays games too, 1 winner at good odds is a very nice margin indeed! I myself skipped the Chelsea game myself thinking Chelsea will probably win but theres too many pitfalls I see, and im glad i skipped it tbh, low odds for Chelsea away and fortunate to win. You wont believe how ******* angry I was when that Kuyt goal went in... I had money on Under 2.5 and Draw @ 23/10, and when that ******* goal went in I just imagined x number of £50 notes burning in front of me ******* bollocks