** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table

stewartd14

FORMAT FOR 2012 This year, overall scores will still be totalled and used for the final prize. However, we will play in 4 seperate phases, and also have a special gameweek for the Ryder Cup at the end of September. PHASE 1 (12 Jan - 8 Apr) - 13 Gameweek's - Top 3 player's get entry into "Ryder Cup mini-tournament" - Must play 8 of 13 gameweek's to be eligible for the top 3 PHASE 2 (12 Apr - 1 Jul) - New entries accepted up until posting deadline on 12 Apr. - 12 Gameweek's - Top 3 players get entry into "Ryder Cup mini-tournament" - Must play 8 of 12 gameweek's to be eligible for the top 3 - If member has already qualified for RC mini-tournament, place will go to 4th, then 5th etc. PHASE 3 (5 Jul - 23 Sep) - New entries accepted up until posting deadline on 5 Jul, although will not be eligible for final prizes. - 12 Gameweek's - Top 3 players get entry into "Ryder Cup mini-tournament" - Must play 8 of 12 gameweek's to be eligible for the top 3 - If member has already qualified for RC mini-tournament, place will go to 4th, then 5th etc. PHASE 4 (4 Oct - 9 Dec) - No new entries accepted. - 10 Gameweek's - No "Phase Prize", just competing for overall title. - Must have competed in at least 30 of the 47 Gameweeks to be eligible for overall prizes. GENERAL RULES - Each player picks 3 golfers each week. These selections may be spread between the US and Euro tour events, or they may all be playing in 1 event. - Performance is calculated based upon a theoretical £1 e/w on each selection. Bet 365 odds will be posted up on a Monday evening (assuming they are available), and these are the odds, and place terms, bets will be settled against. Anyone can post a thread up with the odds if I'm not around. bigokay.gif - No show = 0 pts. - Deadline for posting selections will be 10 minutes before the first tee off of whichever tournament starts first (usually Euro Tour).

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Fun and games this. Table should be in post #3. Clarky and Kevsul score with Brandon Grace doing the business for a 2nd week running on the Euro tour, but The Quiet Man trumps all with Mark Wilson at 90/1. Lots of profit this week - excellent !

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Crouch - gotcha Table now updated in post 3. The Quiet Man steals the show AGAIN thanks to Robert Rock @ 125/1 !! Spare a thought for Crouch Potato though, who managed to get the 1-2 in the Farmers Insurance but saw his 100/1 shot blow a big lead. Great pick.

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Table Updated in Post 3 The Quiet Man holds on for his lead, but is now pursued by Claretkid who picked Lawrie @ 55/1 and Stanley @ 66/1 for a tremendous double. Clarky, Best Mate and Jackie also capitalised on Lawrie's success while Dougal, Honkage and stewartd14 found returns thanks to Kyle Stanley. Cheers

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Table updated in Post #3 Samba_SamPa steals the show this week with Charlie Wi finishing runner up across the pond. Led for a long way, but couldn't close it out as Phil Mickelson put in a stunning final round. Many found Baddeley to take home a profit, especially helping Claretkid make some ground on far away leader The Quiet Man.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table

Stew, the table has been sorted wrong somehow mate, you have me down for 4 no shows and only playing twice in total, someone else has my scores??
I think Stew is aware of this mate, mine is down as the same only playing two weeks when ive played all six.He proberly hasnt found the time to sort it yet.

Stew, the table has been sorted wrong somehow mate, you have me down for 4 no shows and only playing twice in total, someone else has my scores??
Would appear so. Don't have past versions of the table as it's through google docs so need to go back and look through it all.

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Table should now be fixed for Week 6. Thank god for googledocs revision history - a complete cock up when I sorted it ! Any problems, let us know. Sorry about that. Week 7 will be updated tomorrow. Odds now posted for Week 8 selections.

Stew, thanks for sorting the table but could you check my score for week 6 please. Had Fraser placed at 45/1 and Johnson also tied for a place, many thanks:ok
No worries. D Johnson tied @ 22/1 = 3.25 return M Fraser 4th @ 45/1 = 12.25 return = 9.5 pts profit. Have amended the table accordingly. :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Table updated in Post 3 for week 8. The Quiet Man finds another winner to pull further clear at the top thanks to Rmac. ClaretKid and Clarky keep within touching distance thanks to Justin Rose. Good luck all as we enter the final few weeks.

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table I'm only getting my money back that I lost during last years competition!:lol:lol Yip, hope the lucky streak continues, just currently getting quotes to replace all the windows in my house so at least the money's been put to good use, and keeps the Missus happy!:D (did pretty well at Cheltenham too:$) Right, where's the field for this week?:D TQM

Re: PL Golf Competition Rules & Latest Table Table updated in post 3. Bigson makes a climb into contention thanks to Michael Hoey at a big price. Happy Hornet also hauls himself up the table. Still, The Quiet Man holds a big lead though over ClaretKid and Clarky101 going into the final week of this phase.