** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 Santos - Velez You can choose here two bets, Santos to qualify @ 2.12 or this pick. Santos needs a win here after a 1:0 loss in the first match. But i think this can be for the hometeam that have more quality than Velez. Velez will be playing very defensive tonight, they are with one man before the ball and they will be looking to some counters. But i think they can't hold players as Neymar, Kardec and Ganso the whole 90 minutes. Probably line-ups: Santos: Rafael; Henrique, Edu Dracena, Durval e Juan; Adriano, Arouca, Elano e P.H.Ganso; A.Kardec e Neymar. Velez; Barovero; Peruzi, Ortiz, Sebá Domingues e Papa; Cubero, Zapata, Fernandez e Cabral; Martinez e Obolo 3/10 Santos -0.75 @ 1.91 Pinnacle

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012

Santos - Velez You can choose here two bets, Santos to qualify @ 2.12 or this pick. Santos needs a win here after a 1:0 loss in the first match. But i think this can be for the hometeam that have more quality than Velez. Velez will be playing very defensive tonight, they are with one man before the ball and they will be looking to some counters. But i think they can't hold players as Neymar, Kardec and Ganso the whole 90 minutes. Probably line-ups: Santos: Rafael; Henrique, Edu Dracena, Durval e Juan; Adriano, Arouca, Elano e P.H.Ganso; A.Kardec e Neymar. Velez; Barovero; Peruzi, Ortiz, Sebá Domingues e Papa; Cubero, Zapata, Fernandez e Cabral; Martinez e Obolo 3/10 Santos -0.75 @ 1.91 Pinnacle
Result: Santos 1 Velez 0 I was very impressed with Velez. Despite losing their goalkeeper before half time, they defended really well and restricted Santos to very few chances while looking dangerous themselves on the break. I thought Santos were a bit lucky to win. They went on to win the penalty shootout and qualify, but this match exposed their limitations.

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn, align: left]Tuesday 12 June 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Boca Juniors v Universidad de Chile (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn, align: left]Santos FC v SC Corinthians (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 Those are first legs aren't they? Santos v Corinthians should be fun. I know Corinthians have a pretty good defence, so I guess they will try to keep it tight. Do away goals count extra in the Copa Libertadores? I can't remember.

Those are first legs aren't they? Santos v Corinthians should be fun. I know Corinthians have a pretty good defence' date=' so I guess they will try to keep it tight. Do away goals count extra in the Copa Libertadores? I can't remember.[/quote'] Yes, it's 1st legs and away goals count (but don't count in the final).

Do away goals count extra in the Copa Libertadores? I can't remember.
OK - according to the wiki, away goals DO NOT count extra in the Copa Lib - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Copa_Libertadores_knockout_stages If ties are level after 90 minutes of the second leg, an extra 30 minutes is played, then penalties. I guess this might tend to make the ties more defensive, particularly the first leg, as there is less incentive on the away side to attack.

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 I'm 1000000000000000% sure Check again the Wiki article, it says the same I said. In the Round of 16, Quarterfinals and Semifinals away goals DO count and there is no ET, if both games finish with the same score there is a penalty shootout. In the finals away goals DO NOT count and there is ET and penalties.

I'm 1000000000000000% sure Check again the Wiki article, it says the same I said. In the Round of 16, Quarterfinals and Semifinals away goals DO count and there is no ET, if both games finish with the same score there is a penalty shootout. In the finals away goals DO NOT count and there is ET and penalties.
Of course, you are right :ok. (Sorry, but on first reading of that wiki article it wasn't quite clear to me) So away goals DO count extra, except in the final.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn] Thursday 21 June 2012 [/TH] [TH] Home [/TH] [TH] Draw [/TH] [TH] Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD] maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] SC Corinthians v Santos FC (01:50 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.15 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn] Friday 22 June 2012 [/TH] [TH] Home [/TH] [TH] Draw [/TH] [TH] Away [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD] maximize.gif [/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Universidad de Chile v Boca Juniors (01:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.76 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] semi-finals, 1st leg 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Santos 0:1 Corinthians 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png The best defense (Corinthians) against the best attack (Santos) of Copa Libertadores this year - Sao Paolo derby. 22px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png Boca Juniors 2:0 Universidad de Chile 22px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 Corinthians v Santos Home team will be without help of the scorer from 1st leg, striker Emerson (3g and 3 ass in CL) who is suspended. Regular defender Chicao is doubtful and Wallace will replace him if it should be. On the other hand, Santos have no problems but will be made one change compared to the first match. Borges (striker, 2g and 3ass) will play from the start instead of Elano (midfielder, 2g). Both teams are on the bottom of the league, but that shouldn't be surprising because their first team players are rested for this competition. As for Copa Libertadores, Corinthians haven't conceded a single goal at home in all five matches this year, but Santos have conceded at least one goal in all five away games. I expect a highly offensive Santos, but also believe that home team won't only defend. Paulinho, Danilo, Jorge Henrique against Ganso, Alan Kardec, Neymar, Borges... Defending champion still has a chance to secure the final, but I prefer goals in this one. BTS @1.91 bet365 medium stake

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 [h=1]Universidad de Chile - Boca Juniors [/h] With Universidad looking to overturn a 2 goal margin to salvage a place in the copa libertadores final...i really see an open game on the cards.Universidad will have to come out all guns blazing & try to score an early goal to get parity.Gustavo Lorenzetti will not be fit to face Boca so Universidad coach has decided to shuffle his pack & play with a 3 pronged attacked in a 4-3-3 system.This will leave plenty of space for Boca to exploit. Over 2.5 goals @$2

Gustavo Lorenzetti will not be fit to face Boca so Universidad coach has decided to shuffle his pack & play with a 3 pronged attacked in a 4-3-3 system.
La U play in formation 3-4-3 and young Ubilla and Lichnovsky will play from start. Ubilla (makes his debut) instead Lorenzetti in atack, while Lichnovsky replaces injured Acevedo in defense. On the other hand, Boca will be without key defender Insaurralde (Carruzo will replace him), but full back C. Rodriguez is fit again. Their formation is 4-4-2 with Riquelme behind strikers Silva and likely Mouche (or Cvitanich). Both sides lost important matches in the meantime, so they'll do their best tonight. No bet for me

Universidad de Chile - Boca Juniors With Universidad looking to overturn a 2 goal margin to salvage a place in the copa libertadores final...i really see an open game on the cards.Universidad will have to come out all guns blazing & try to score an early goal to get parity.Gustavo Lorenzetti will not be fit to face Boca so Universidad coach has decided to shuffle his pack & play with a 3 pronged attacked in a 4-3-3 system.This will leave plenty of space for Boca to exploit. Over 2.5 goals @$2
Away goals count extra, so there is an incentive for Boca to score - if they score one, Universidad have to score four!

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 Universidad de Chile 0 Boca Juniors 0 Once again, a South American club game that in theory should have been a high-scoring one, ended with a low score. It seems that a lot of S American clubs enjoy defending, and score just enough goals to win the game. It's a bit like cat and mouse - the defending side likes to tease the attacking one before killing it off. Anyway, Boca successfully defended throughout this game and missed some very good chances of their own - but because they lead 2-0 from the first leg and Universidad struggled in front of goal, it didn't really matter. I think it's Boca v Corinthians in the final isn't it? That should be good ... two very good defences and quite a lot of attacking ability.

Took Corinthians on a 0.5 plus handicap' date=' good value.[/quote'] Bet won 1-1, very contested match. Corinthians did what I thought they would defended very well throughout the whole game and were unlucky to concede from a corner, but then they were lucky to score. Bet won.

• 1 month later...

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores 2012 Cerro Porteno -0.5 @1.89 6/10 I will try the Cerro Porteno home win tonight in Copa Sudamericana. O'Higgins are certainly better team than some other Chilean participants (cobreloa and iquique), they nearly won the championship last half-year and their coach Berizzo adopted the attacking-minded style which Bielsa implemented in national team and which U de Chile shows. at a bit lower level than these 2 teams obviously. Also they are fresh after there match last weekend was postponed. nevertheless there defense looked very shaky in 1st leg and probably the transfer of important player Gutierrez to U de Chile will hurt their offensive potential. i trust in Cerro porteno team, they will be ambitious in this competition because its there 100 anniversary and they never won an international title though they are a very popular team in Paraguay. So motivation will be high to repeat the good run they had in Libertadores 2011. I think they can get the job done at home. i have to reduce the stake a bit cause Cerro wont need the win after 3-3 in 1st leg, but still see some value here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores 2012 Emelec AH 0 @2.08 for once i will back the Ecuadorian team away from home . Of course when you know south american football its something you shouldnt do usually. But basically i bet against San Martin here. Last weekend they didnt arrive at the venue of their scheduled away fixture cause of financial problems or organisational chaos. Its the second time this happened to them this season and now its possible that they get relegated cause of this since Peruvian championships has many strange rules like this one. Its also possible that the match against Inti Gas will be rescheduled to take place tomorrow at same time with match against Emelec which would also be a disadvantage to them. This situation will probably affect the team. When we add to the mix that San Martin is poor team even for peruvian standards, they wont have altitude advantage in Lima and game will take place in big stadiums, which should help Emelec since San Martin isnt team with biggest fanbase and probably wont fill national stadium, i dont see Emelec as underdog here.

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores 2012 this wasnt the best of calls. obviously when you need a penalty in 94th minute for cashback its not a great thing. This situation with ecuadorian teams on the road is really annoying when you consider they are capable teams at home and then they win once in a blue moon on the road when you really wouldnt expect it like Emelec in Asuncion or LDU at Velez. However maybe the essential point here that i missed was that San Martin had free weekend and Emelec game at altitude

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores 2012 Boca -0.5 @1.94 i have no idea what is going on there and why odds are shifting towards Independiente +0.5, so i have no choice than back Boca here. Of course Riquelme quit at Boca after libertadores final, goalie Ustari is injured and Silva and Blandi never played together in the attack. But i dont see that this could be enough reason that Boca is higher than @1.7 with the season Independiente had until here, the crisis that they are in after defeat in Clasico vs Racing and given the fact they will also miss injured Tuzzio and Leguizamon will not play cause of relegation danger in Liga according media. So i go against market here.

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 Mate, do you realize you are writing in a Copa Libertadores thread when it's actually about Copa Sudamericana ? :) i would agree with you about Boca, but they have some more injured besides the goalkeeper, and also Independiente has a very experienced team that won't stay scoreless and winless forever. Last season we had a very similar situation and Independiente won at Boca 5-4. Earlier today we have +1 and +0.75 on Independiente with high odds, now I would just skip it.

Re: Copa Toyota Libertadores > 2012 i already played Independiente +0.25 this year against Velez for small profit when public was on Velez and i think they will avoid relegation in the end. But in my opinion turnaround wont come before they fire coach Diaz, which is only an assumption of course. there will be absences in Boca squad indeed, Blandi usually doesnt start from the beginning and maybe i underestimated importance of Erviti for Boca since they looked ok without him last weekend and it will hurt me here tonight. But in the end i dont expect a good reaction from Independiente here tonight, though they only rest very few players for weekend and diaz probably would have changed the team after racing debacle anyway. if farias scores 3 goals again i will personally congratulate him i guess. we'll see, i didnt scroll to the bottom of my page so i missed Sudamericana thread.