** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

African Nations Cup 2012

Re: Sudan v Burkina Faso - Monday 30th Janaury Sudan - Burkina Faso Underestimated the Sudanese national team in this match. It is clear that Burkina Faso is unlikely to want to accept the fact that they have not scored yet points and will try to do it today, but the motivation of the Sudanese guys are much higher. The team has a real chance to advance from the group. To do this they need win bigger and wait for the defeat of Angola, who plays with Ivory Coast. Both options have good chances. Sudan, despite the fact that before the tournament, they were regarded as a clear underdog, shows quite a decent level of football. In the first match against the Ivory Coast they just did not have luck, in the second meeting against Angola, they put the pression on theyr opponent, pulled a draw in the final minutes of the meeting. And the quality of football, which is demonstrated Sudan of these games, pretty good. The only problem with the team - this bad defense, generally an age old disease of the African teams at this tournament. Indeed, the team of Burkina Faso has some great players like Traore from Chelsea, but experience shows that often plays a tournament with teams of cruel joke, because the "stars" pulling the blanket over himself, and others simply can not reveal the full extent of team play does not leave space. But Sudan has, in general, the flat structure with no clear leaders and work much more on the pitch. Sudan Draw No Bet 1.85 Expekt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ghana v Guinea - Wednesday 1st February Only two changes for Ghana. I think they are good value at 1.98. Market has overreacted to Guinea's win against Botswana, although they did play well from what I saw. Ghana much the better side according to past result, quality of the squad and FIFA ranking. They need a point to finish top of the group as well, whilst Guinea probably need to win, which will cause them to push forward leaving space for Ghana to exploit at the back.

Quarter Final - Zambia v Sudan - Saturday 4th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Zambia v Sudan (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Quarter Final - Ivory Coast v Equatorial Guinea - Saturday 4th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Côte d'Ivoire v Equatorial Guinea (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Quarter Final - Gabon v Mali - Sunday 5th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gabon v Mali (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.96 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Quarter Final - Ghana v Tunisia - Sunday 5th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ghana v Tunisia (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.04 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.95 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Quarter Final - Ivory Coast v Equatorial Guinea - Saturday 4th Feb Ivory Coast vs Equatorial Guinea Fancy a win to nil for Ivory Coast. The Ivorians have been extremely solid in the back and this will be the main reason for which the fairy tale will come to an end here. Equatorial Guinea will face by far the strongest side in this competition and their defeat is iminent. Ivory Coast to win to nil@ 2.1 with Skybet

Re: Quarter Final - Zambia v Sudan - Saturday 4th Feb Zambia - Sudan: Draw @ 3.50 (Skybet) 10/10 Zambia is probably correctly given as favourites but the odds of 1.72=1.83 don't really reflect how difficult the match will be. This is a knock-out quarter final match. Sudan has qualified against expectations and will be coming into this match with a level of confidence. Zambia probably has a better quality roster but its results in the group stage (2-1 win against Senegal, 2-2 draw against Libya and 1-0 win against Eq. Guinea)didn't necessarily indicate anything spectacular. I believe both teams will be very careful given the knock-out aspect of the quarter final. The game should be very tight which increases the chances of the draw. Zambia, as the better team, may well just qualify but I think they may need extra time to do it.

Re: Quarter Final - Ivory Coast v Equatorial Guinea - Saturday 4th Feb

Ivory Coast vs Equatorial Guinea Fancy a win to nil for Ivory Coast. The Ivorians have been extremely solid in the back and this will be the main reason for which the fairy tale will come to an end here. Equatorial Guinea will face by far the strongest side in this competition and their defeat is iminent. Ivory Coast to win to nil@ 2.1 with Skybet
Good call and good value I think. I saw most of the second half, and it was all Ivory Coast. You couldn't really see Equatorial Guinea scoring. Defensively, Ivory Coast are a class above most other African countries. There goalkeeper isn't convincing, but the defence is so strong he never seems to be put under pressure. In this game, Drogba was at his best with two great goals.

Re: Quarter Final - Gabon v Mali - Sunday 5th Feb I haven't analysed it in detail, but I think there Mali's price might be a bit high at 4.8 (compared with Gabon at 1.96). Is there that much difference between these two sides? Gabon have been really impressive, particularly their strikers, but I think Mali have players with more top-level experience - most of their side play in Europe, compared with about half Gabon's team. Gabon had the better record their group. In their group, Gabon beat Niger, Morocco and Tunisia. Mali beat Guinea and Botswana and lost to Ghana. Gabon's Aubameyang has been superb for them and he will be a threat to Mali. Will he shine again or will Mali keep him quiet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabon_national_football_team#Current_squad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_national_football_team#Current_squad Gabon have certainly impressed more than Mali so far, and they have looked really motivated. Will Mali raise their game now that they are in the knock-out stages (like Ivory Coast did in their match yesterday). Will Gabon suffer from the weight of expectation now that they are favourites and expected to win?

Re: Quarter Final - Gabon v Mali - Sunday 5th Feb I thought exactly the same as you MP, that Gabon were priced too low even if you factored in home advantage. However, there's been a lot of shocks so far and I didn't manage to watch every Gabon game or every Mali game in the group stage, so I'm a bit reluctant to part with any cash. Then again, the more predictable results from yesterday perhaps suggest that the favourites will now raise their game like you suggest.

Re: Quarter Final - Gabon v Mali - Sunday 5th Feb FT: Gabon 1 Mali 1 Mali won on penalties I saw quite a bit of this game and the result was a travesty in many ways. Gabon were doing all the attacking and Mali looked poor and unmotivated. But somehow Mali got an equaliser near the end of the game after Gabon had missed good chances to add to their lead. Extra time was fairly negative and both teams started to worry about making a mistake. Ironically, one of Gabon's stars,

Aubameyang, fluffed his penalty giving the goalkeeper an easy save, to allow Mali to win the shootout. On the face of it then, Mali were good value for this tie, but having seen some of the game, it didn't feel that way at all. It felt that Gabon just threw it away - they really should have qualified.

Semi Final - Mali v Ivory Coast - Wednesday 8th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mali v Côte d'Ivoire (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 8.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Semi Final - Mali v Ivory Coast - Wednesday 8th Feb Ivory Coast @ 1.5 (Coral, Paddy Power) Bit of an obvious bet, but I think there is some slight value in backing Ivory Coast. Everything seems in their favour. They have the better, most experienced squad of the two nations. Their head to head with Mali is favourable. They have been impressive so far in the competition, it took them a little while to start playing well but they are yet to concede a goal and looked comfortable in their 3-0 win over Equatorial Guinea. They have had an extra day's rest, and their last game was an easy victory where they didn't have to exert themselves too much, whilst Mali's was a difficult game with Gabon which they only won after extra time and penalties. Ivory Coast only have one injury doubt, the goalie, whilst reports from bbc say that there are going to be fitness tests for a number of Mali players. Their talisman Keita has suffered a knock although is expected to play. Mali;s performances have been less impressive than their opponents, they were 2nd best against Gabon by all accounts and earlier struggled to beat lowly Botswana. They also lost to Ghana, who are a side on a similar level to the Ivorians, in fact probably not quite as good. Not a game for massive stakes as obviously the bookies know Ivory Coast are rightful favourites and have priced them as such, however I'd say slight value at 1.5 and I'd certainly rather be on their side than taking a long odds punt on Mali.

Re: Semi Final - Mali v Ivory Coast - Wednesday 8th Feb Ivory Coast vs Mali It can't be said much about this game. Ivory Coast have been very solid in the back and with such great players in attack, the team was very confident in every match. Mali had problems in last games with Botswana and Gabon. They will try to push this match into penalties and maybe there will be 50%-50%. Keita was injure din the game with Gabon, but will play. Do not think that Mali will score as they haven't managed against strong sides. Last 2 meetings between these two were 0-1 and 0-3. expect Ivory Coast to win to nil @ 2.10 with Ladbrokers Ivory Coast to win to nil

Re: Semi Final - Mali v Ivory Coast - Wednesday 8th Feb [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (Internationals) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Mali v Ivory Coast [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Ivory Coast -1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]08/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Paddy Power @ 2.30 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Mali don't have the class the Ivory Coast possess, and if the Ivory Coast continue playing they way they have been playing, i feel this could be a stroll in the park for them. Their defence is incredible, they have not conceded a single goal in their last 6 games. They won their last 3 matches, 2-0, 2-0 and 3-0, they are scoring plenty and conceding nothing. Ivory Coast may miss out on Kalou from injury, but they still have enough quality to beat this Mali side comprehensively. They have Didier Drogba up front. The last time these sides met in this tournament in 2008, Ivory Coast won 3-0. Mali have been rather fortunate to get this far, they have not played at all well and they scraped through on penalties against Gabon. Gabon were by far the better team and Mali scored a late equaliser. The strength in depth on the Ivory Coast team is immense. They have Drogba, Kalou, Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure, and Gervinho too. They should be far too strong for Mali in my opinion. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Semi Final - Zambia v Ghana - Wednesday 8th Feb [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (Internationals) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Zambia v Ghana [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Zambia [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]08/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]Stan James @ 4.50 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]Ghana should be favourites for this game, but i priced Zambia up as a 5/2 chance, not 7/2, i think there is good value in that price. They are not without hope in this semi-final. There have already been a good few upsets in this African Cup of Nations, and Ghana, although impressive, really showed they do have a bit of vulnerabilty when they really struggled against Guinea and only managed a 1-1 draw. There is also a question of fatigue on the Ghana team, who had to play extra-time against Tunisia. Zambia have been quite impressive, they beat the hosts Equatorial Guinea, and also beat Senegal who were one of the favourites to win the tournament. Zambian coach Renard will know Ghana's style of play as he was their assistant back in 2008. Ghana have Asamoah Gyan up front and he will be a huge danger, but Zambia did look very convincing when beating Sudan 3-0 last time out and i don't think there will be a lot between the two teams, the pressure is on Ghana, no pressure on Zambia and i am going for a Zambian victory as i think they are overpriced. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Semi Final - Zambia v Ghana - Wednesday 8th Feb

[TABLE] [TR] [TD]Sport [/TD] [TD]Football (Internationals) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Event [/TD] [TD]Zambia v Ghana [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection [/TD] [TD]Zambia [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength [/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date [/TD] [TD]08/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price [/TD] [TD]Stan James @ 4.50 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning [/TD] [TD]Ghana should be favourites for this game, but i priced Zambia up as a 5/2 chance, not 7/2, i think there is good value in that price. They are not without hope in this semi-final. There have already been a good few upsets in this African Cup of Nations, and Ghana, although impressive, really showed they do have a bit of vulnerabilty when they really struggled against Guinea and only managed a 1-1 draw. There is also a question of fatigue on the Ghana team, who had to play extra-time against Tunisia. Zambia have been quite impressive, they beat the hosts Equatorial Guinea, and also beat Senegal who were one of the favourites to win the tournament. Zambian coach Renard will know Ghana's style of play as he was their assistant back in 2008. Ghana have Asamoah Gyan up front and he will be a huge danger, but Zambia did look very convincing when beating Sudan 3-0 last time out and i don't think there will be a lot between the two teams, the pressure is on Ghana, no pressure on Zambia and i am going for a Zambian victory as i think they are overpriced. [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Zambia 1 Ghana 0 :D

Final - Zambia v Ivory Coast - Sun 12th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 12 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Zambia v Côte d'Ivoire (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

3rd/4th Place Play-off - Ghana v Mali - Sat 11th Feb [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 11 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ghana v Mali (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.05 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.44 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 3rd/4th Place Play-off - Ghana v Mali - Sat 11th Feb [TABLE]

[TR] [TD]Sport[/TD] [TD]Football (Internationals) [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Event[/TD] [TD]Ghana v Mali [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Selection[/TD] [TD]Ghana [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Strength[/TD] [TD]10/10 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 150]Date[/TD] [TD]11/02/2012 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bookmaker/Price[/TD] [TD]188bet @ 2.01 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Reasoning[/TD] [TD]I backed Zambia when they beat Ghana 1-0. However i must say Zambia were rather fortunate. Ghan missed an early penalty and had most of the possession, had all the chances and were beaten by a late sucker-punch. They should still have way too much for Mali, who were very poor against the Ivory Coast, 1-0 was not a fair reflection on the game as Mali never looked like scoring. Ghana should have far too much class for Mali and if they are up for winning 3rd spot, they should do so no problem. The only reason i am backing them is because i can't believe Ghana are not odds-on, a touch above evens is great value imo. [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 2][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]