** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21

Saturday 21 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif AFC Telford United v Cambridge United (15:00 GMT) 9/5 12/5 11/8 107.14 %
maximize.gif Alfreton Town v Kidderminster Harriers (15:00 GMT) 2 12/5 5/4 107.07 %
maximize.gif Braintree Town v Stockport County (15:00 GMT) 17/20 12/5 14/5 108.68 %
maximize.gif Darlington v Fleetwood Town (15:00 GMT) 4 13/5 1/10 138.31 %
maximize.gif Gateshead v Lincoln City (15:00 GMT) 7/10 13/5 7/2 107.65 %
maximize.gif Grimsby Town v Bath City (15:00 GMT) 4/7 14/5 5 107.19 %
maximize.gif Mansfield Town v Hayes & Yeading (15:00 GMT) 4/7 3 9/2 106.15 %
maximize.gif Newport County v Forest Green Rovers (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 8/5 107.87 %
maximize.gif Southport v Luton Town (15:00 GMT) 2 12/5 5/4 106.32 %
maximize.gif Tamworth v Barrow (15:00 GMT) 6/4 12/5 9/5 105.38 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Kettering Town (15:00 GMT) 1/50 1/4 1/50 276.08 %
maximize.gif York City v Ebbsfleet United (15:00 GMT) 4/7 14/5 5 106.14 %

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 Darlington will find out their fate tomorrow at midday. There appears to be a touch more optimism than yesterday and the club have established that the released players can be re-signed for Saturday on non-contract terms (minus two or three, who've moved on). Still plenty of hoops to jump through before then, though.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 It seems some fans are trying to save Darlo although its hard to see them having enough money but I think they are trying to get enough money together to play the next two games to see what happens then. As for Kettering Mark Cooper has told the players they can leave as they have all had enough and although he hasnt left himself yet it does seem to cast a doubt on Saturday's game going ahead.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 Ships I believe that the land can only be used for entertainment purposes so no housing/supermarket etc can be built on the land. I know its sad that the club could fold but I how on earth is it fair on the rest of the league knowing that there is a strong chance they could fold in three games time. If I was the Conference I would want proof they can make it to the end of the season before allowing them to play anymore games. As for Saturday's game I would imagine Blue Square will price it up but probably only the 90 minute market. I expect Fleetwood will rest some players and no doubt the Darlo players left will want to perform for the fans but its hard not to see anything bar a Fleetwood win.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21

Ships I believe that the land can only be used for entertainment purposes so no housing/supermarket etc can be built on the land. I know its sad that the club could fold but I how on earth is it fair on the rest of the league knowing that there is a strong chance they could fold in three games time. If I was the Conference I would want proof they can make it to the end of the season before allowing them to play anymore games. As for Saturday's game I would imagine Blue Square will price it up but probably only the 90 minute market. I expect Fleetwood will rest some players and no doubt the Darlo players left will want to perform for the fans but its hard not to see anything bar a Fleetwood win.
I think it's the kind of wording that the council put in when the new stadium was built to see that a 'new' owner couldn't turn it into a housing estate. It'll be up to the council to change it, now that is one way of saving the club. They were involved with the talks today, which also involved a property developer taking over the land and building a 'community' stadium elsewhere. I don't think that deal has completely gone away but there are considerable planning hurdles to clear. Still, having three weeks to sort it out is better than three hours. The Conference are generally slow to move in these circumstances but as you say the rest of the league needs assurances.

If they fold are their results expunged? How would this affect the table?
Heres a link to how the table would look without both or just one of them. As it stands Luton would come of worse out of the top teams, but given Wrexham and Fleetwood play them both on Saturday its not going to be so bad. https://t.co/kTA9CIGH

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 I've sold the time of the 2nd Gateshead goal at 69 on Saturday with Sporting. They'll face a stronger Lincoln than the one that lost at Carshalton, they'll be without Ben Clark and they'll be a big rusty after a long midweek trip and extra time, but even so I think they'll have a great chance of finishing the right side of the spread. I think this will be an open game - and I wouldn't put anyone off total goals at 2.9 to buy - but Gateshead have been reasonably healthy scorers at home. Lincoln will have some more firepower this weekend, but the defence looks shaky and their away record is not strong. David Holdsworth has his work cut out keeping this squad out of the bottom four. I also like a buy of Martin Gritton's goal minutes at 15 for Stockport at Braintree. It's a bit of a risk, given that he's yet to score this season, but I think Stockport look a better proposition than at any time this season, even if results don't quite reflect that. Gritton is currently the favoured target man and he does that job reasonably well. Along side him (or perhaps just behind) is Danny Rowe and he is also a buy at 14. I've split my usual stake and covered both as I feel they will both get chances. Braintree have only kept one clean sheet at home since September (oddly enough, against Wrexham).

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 Alfreton vs Kidderminster Harriers have been great laso this season and I think they deserve to start the Play Offs in the summer. Alfreton have been pretty decent at home with just 6 defeats, but their misery (21th spot only) comes from the horrible games and results on away stadiums. With only 1 win at home in last 5 games and 13 goals conceded I see them losing another one. Last 2 games away for Harriers haven;t been wins so expect this one to be a 3 points meeting for them. away -0.25 AH @ 2.05 with 188bet

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 Bwin the only company pricing up the Wrexham-Kettering game, they have Wrexham as 1.1. Can anyone see Kettering getting anything out of the game? Bearing in mind they do not currently even have a manager as such, and the captain has been taking the training sessions. They are travelling there on a coach laid on by the supporters, it will have a mixture of supporters and players on it. It might not be a cricket score as Wrexham will be a bit tired from the Brighton game, but there appears to be a big difference in terms of quality and morale, so you'd have to fancy them to get the job done.

Bwin the only company pricing up the Wrexham-Kettering game' date=' they have Wrexham as 1.1. Can anyone see Kettering getting anything out of the game? Bearing in mind they do not currently even have a manager as such, and the captain has been taking the training sessions. They are travelling there on a coach laid on by the supporters, it will have a mixture of supporters and players on it. It might not be a cricket score as Wrexham will be a bit tired from the Brighton game, but there appears to be a big difference in terms of quality and morale, so you'd have to fancy them to get the job done.[/quote'] It's very difficult to see Kettering getting anything other than a bit of a hiding with what looks like a very light squad.

Alfreton vs Kidderminster Harriers have been great laso this season and I think they deserve to start the Play Offs in the summer. Alfreton have been pretty decent at home with just 6 defeats, but their misery (21th spot only) comes from the horrible games and results on away stadiums. With only 1 win at home in last 5 games and 13 goals conceded I see them losing another one. Last 2 games away for Harriers haven;t been wins so expect this one to be a 3 points meeting for them. away -0.25 AH @ 2.05 with 188bet
Seconded. I took Kidderminster on DNB at 1.7 with VC in a double with Swindon to beat Macclesfield in L2. Reasoning is that Alfreton despite their admittedly improved form don't convince me and I think that the gap between top and bottom teams in the Conference is bigger than in any other Englsih division. Kiddy have a good away record and they should beat Alfreton tomorrow to stay on track in their playoff spot chase.

Bwin the only company pricing up the Wrexham-Kettering game' date=' they have Wrexham as 1.1. Can anyone see Kettering getting anything out of the game? Bearing in mind they do not currently even have a manager as such, and the captain has been taking the training sessions. They are travelling there on a coach laid on by the supporters, it will have a mixture of supporters and players on it. It might not be a cricket score as Wrexham will be a bit tired from the Brighton game, but there appears to be a big difference in terms of quality and morale, so you'd have to fancy them to get the job done.[/quote'] Id have said you may as well back the 6/17 on there being over 2.5 goals with them if you wanted a bet on the game.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 Would anyone put me off Grimsby at 1/2? Just looking at the stats and Grimsby on good form winning 5 on the bounce while Bath really struggle on the road. Would appreciate an expert in this league giving their lowdown on this as I'm gonna add this to a main accumulator.

Would anyone put me off Grimsby at 1/2? Just looking at the stats and Grimsby on good form winning 5 on the bounce while Bath really struggle on the road. Would appreciate an expert in this league giving their lowdown on this as I'm gonna add this to a main accumulator.
I do think Bath are better than their league position suggests and they've been showing plenty of fight in recent weeks, the problem for them is that Grimsby are on a real hot streak right now and they are going to be hard to beat. At 1/2 it isnt for me but I do think Grimsby are the most likely winners.

Re: England > Weekend > BlueSQ Bet Prem Jan 21 I know we cant bet on it but Darlo have actually only got 10 pro players for their game tomorrow and the rest will be youth teamers. There was a suggestion that Fleetwood phoned the Conference to stop Darlo signing anyone on loan but I struggle to see why they would do that. The quotes Ive seen from Liddle suggests that clubs had been on the phone to the Conference. I would imagine if anyone did it would be those at the bottom, but it shouldnt matter because if Darlo broke the rules they would be in trouble anyway.

Event Southport - Luton
Selection Luton
Strength 10/10
Date 21/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.00
Reasoning Southport is in the seventh place, just two points behind the play-off places, but they are not climbing in the table, they are falling, specially thanks to their last two consecutive defeats, very clear defeats, at home with Fleetwood (0-6) and at Cambridge (0-3). Luton is in the third place, being unbeaten in the last eight games, and coming from five consecutive league games. This season they have the ambition of winning the Conference, avoiding like this the play-off, after being beaten in the last season in the final by Wimbledon, in the penalty shoot-out decision. To this game Luton can count with the boosting return of the midfielder Keith keane.

Heres a link to how the table would look without both or just one of them. As it stands Luton would come of worse out of the top teams' date=' but given Wrexham and Fleetwood play them both on Saturday its not going to be so bad. [b']https://t.co/kTA9CIGH
Was hoping by some amazing turn of fate (given ante post bets...) that Newport County would be top of the table. Oh well... Am really hoping that they both survive but if Kettering and/or Darlo do go it'll certainly give those teams at the bottom a boost with only two sides going down

I know we cant bet on it but Darlo have actually only got 10 pro players for their game tomorrow and the rest will be youth teamers. There was a suggestion that Fleetwood phoned the Conference to stop Darlo signing anyone on loan but I struggle to see why they would do that. The quotes Ive seen from Liddle suggests that clubs had been on the phone to the Conference. I would imagine if anyone did it would be those at the bottom' date= but it shouldnt matter because if Darlo broke the rules they would be in trouble anyway.
Available on Betfair :unsure Probably gonna have a big go at Wrexham. Hopefully their striker problems may be a little exaggerated, which'd help.