** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January

Friday 20 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Borussia Mönchengladbach v FC Bayern München (19:30 GMT) 5.8 4.2 1.68 100.57 %
Saturday 21 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif 1. FC Nürnberg v Hertha BSC (14:30 GMT) 2.22 3.55 3.55 101.38 %
maximize.gif 1899 Hoffenheim v Hannover 96 (14:30 GMT) 2.05 3.6 4.1 100.95 %
maximize.gif FC Schalke 04 v VfB Stuttgart (14:30 GMT) 1.86 3.8 4.5 102.30 %
maximize.gif SC Freiburg v FC Augsburg (14:30 GMT) 2.08 3.6 4 100.85 %
maximize.gif VfL Wolfsburg v 1. FC Köln (14:30 GMT) 2 3.75 4.5 98.89 %
maximize.gif 1. FC Kaiserslautern v Werder Bremen (17:30 GMT) 3 3.6 2.54 100.48 %
Sunday 22 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hamburger SV v Borussia Dortmund (14:30 GMT) 4.6 3.75 1.87 101.88 %
maximize.gif Bayer 04 Leverkusen v 1. FSV Mainz 05 (16:30 GMT) 1.82 3.8 5 101.26 %

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January VFL Wolfsburg vs. 1. FC Köln Pick: Köln Odds: 4,75 Bookmaker: bet365 Stake: 6/10 Wolfsburg signed many players at the winter break once again. Some are really great signings, especially left defender Rodriguez has much quality. Like him, central defender Lopes, defensive midfielder Jiracek, right midfielder Vierinha and striker Sio will start against Köln, probably. Best striker Mandzukic is still doubtful. At home VFL has impressive record so far with 5-1-2, but they never convinced me with their gameplay. Also it will be difficult to start with all these new players. Köln has his own quality and you can’t compare this team with others. Defensive isn’t the best, but their big strength are fast counter attacks. Clemens and Peszko behind Podolski with Novakovic in the central is a good combination and difficult to defend for most teams. Besides defender Sereno, Köln will play with his best line-up. Eichner probably will start as left defender. All in all, this match is much more open than bookmakers suggest: VFL increased their quality, but they never played together in this formation. Köln has Novakovic back and Podolski who loves matches like this, where Köln will play for counter attacks. I don’t expect Wolfsburg to make the running and let space for Köln’s counterplay, but the chance is there. Wolfsburg gets overrated, everything can happen – all in all Köln to win, cause I expect a “all or nothing” match here. Odds for Köln are even rising, market has no clue about both teams. 1. FC Kaiserslautern vs. Werder Bremen Pick: Kaiserslautern AHC +0,25 Odds: 1,82 Bookmaker: 188bet Stake: 6/10 Kaiserslautern has the weakest offensive next to Augsburg, but at home they are always unpredictable. Striker Shechter is out, new signing Siwerczok will start next to Kouemaha. Their defensive is good, but their creativity and offensive is really poor. Their biggest strength is their team spirit and the effort every player invest, especially at home. Werder is just not the same without Naldo, their best defender by far. Also midfielder Hunt is out. In 2011, Werder only convinced at home. They got a nice win in Mainz (3-1) and a lucky 2-1 in Hoffenheim, but nothing else. They even got smashed in their latest matches, conceded 14 goals out of their matches in Munich, Gladbach and Schalke. Now they will face Kaiserslautern at “Betzenberg” and I don’t see them ready to win this. If Kaiserslautern can stop Pizarro and Rosenborg (maybe Arnautovic), they will have all chances to win this. Midfield of Werder is very unexpected with Bargfrede, Trybull, Ignjovski and Ekici. Kaiserslautern is able to dominate them. In this situation, a +0,25 Handicap for Kaiserslautern is just great. “Betzenberg” always is a big home advantage, under floodlight it will be hard for Werder.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January

At first glance' date=' Hamburg look possible value at 4.6 at home to Dortmund on Sunday. Will look into it and try to post more detail.[/quote'] OK, looking at it in a little detail: Hamburg are 13th and Dortmund 2nd Hamburg home record this season: 2/4/3 13/12 Dortmund away record this season: 4/3/2 12/7 http://www.soccerway.com/national/germany/bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ Current Form: Both teams are in good form. Dortmund are at the top of the 'form in last 6 games' table, and Hamburg are 5th. Both teams won all their recent friendlies in the winter break. Dortmund's recent away form is particularly impressive, including a win at Bayern Munich. Dortmund have a real chance of winning the league it seems. Hamburg it seems are much improved on last season, and their defence is quite strong. What chance do Dortmund have of winning? I reckon they have less than a 50% chance of winning this game. so odds of 2.05 for "Double chance: Hamburg or Draw" seem decent. Overs/Unders All five of Hamburg's last five home games have been under 2.5 goals. Four of Dortmund's last four away games have been under 2.5 goals. Under 2.5 goals should I think be the favourite here, so odds of 2.0 on Betfair look good value. On balance, I think there is a little bit of value on Hamburg/Draw and on under 2.5 goals. All opinions welcomed!

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January 20.01.2012 Germany Bundesliga Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bavaria 1X2 Result And Over/Under 2.5: Bavaria win and Over 2.5 goals combined in the match 4/10 Bwin 2.50 This game opens the 18th round in Germany, Bundesliga. It will be the first official match of teams in 2012. Borussia M will enter the game in a good mood. After the team completed the first round of the championship with very good performance and good position. The team hopes this year, ending up in European Competition and for that they have every chance. The first 6 teams in the championship will represent Germany in Europe next season. From the 7th place team, 7 points separate, it is quite a good advantage. The home team this season, has never lost at home arena. Borussia finished the 2011 very comfortable win over Schalke 04 in the cup. And all the friendly games that the team had time to spend in 2012, good results. Bavaria in this match will be determined to take revenge of their current opponents for the defeat at home in the first round. That game ended with the score 0-1. Before the end of the season, the most successful german team the last few decades, managed to gain three wins in a row. Were defeated Stuttgart, Koln and Bochum in the Cup. In this match in Bavaria will be a very significant loss, Franck Ribery will not be able to play. His position was likely to take young Tony Kroos. But there is good news, after a long absence in the last games returns Bastian Schweinsteiger, who for a long time was recovering from an injury. Both teams played attacking football, especially Bavaria. In addition, visitors will have a very strong motivation for the defeat in the first round. I believe that this match will be a very open game with plenty of scoring chances and away win. Corect score: 1-6.

20.02.2012 Germany Bundesliga Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bavaria 1X2 Result And Over/Under 2.5: Bavaria win and Over 2.5 goals combined in the match 4/10 Bwin 2.50 This game opens the 18th round in Germany, Bundesliga. It will be the first official match of teams in 2012. Borussia M will enter the game in a good mood. After the team completed the first round of the championship with very good performance and good position. The team hopes this year, ending up in European Competition and for that they have every chance. The first 6 teams in the championship will represent Germany in Europe next season. From the 7th place team, 7 points separate, it is quite a good advantage. The home team this season, has never lost at home arena. Borussia finished the 2011 very comfortable win over Schalke 04 in the cup. And all the friendly games that the team had time to spend in 2012, good results. Bavaria in this match will be determined to take revenge of their current opponents for the defeat at home in the first round. That game ended with the score 0-1. Before the end of the season, the most successful german team the last few decades, managed to gain three wins in a row. Were defeated Stuttgart, Koln and Bochum in the Cup. In this match in Bavaria will be a very significant loss, Franck Ribery will not be able to play. His position was likely to take young Tony Kroos. But there is good news, after a long absence in the last games returns Bastian Schweinsteiger, who for a long time was recovering from an injury. Both teams played attacking football, especially Bavaria. In addition, visitors will have a very strong motivation for the defeat in the first round. I believe that this match will be a very open game with plenty of scoring chances and away win. Corect score: 1-6.
By 'Bavaria' you of course mean 'Bayern Munich'.

20.02.2012 Germany Bundesliga Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bavaria 1X2 Result And Over/Under 2.5: Bavaria win and Over 2.5 goals combined in the match 4/10 Bwin 2.50 . In this match in Bavaria will be a very significant loss, Franck Ribery will not be able to play. .
Well,first of all i'm not sure why Ribery is still injured.I was watching friendly game Bayern v India and he was playing in second half. Secondly i would not call it as a sinificant loss,he lost his form and he is not the same anymore so Bayern will be fine without him-trust me. But i aagree with overs in this match,also BTTS looks good.Both teams are in good form.not so sure about Bayern win-they don't really impress me when play away and H2H is 5-9-2.looks more like a draw to me so better to take goal market.

i'm not so sure about Bayern win-they don't really impress me when play away and H2H is 5-9-2.looks more like a draw to me so better to take goal market.
I agree - I think Bayern will find it hard to win, and Gladbach (like Bayern themselves) has a good defence. But I agree Bayern will be motivated to get revenge for losing at home to Gladbach.

Well,first of all i'm not sure why Ribery is still injured.I was watching friendly game Bayern v India and he was playing in second half. Secondly i would not call it as a sinificant loss,he lost his form and he is not the same anymore so Bayern will be fine without him-trust me.
Ribery is not injured but suspended. In the first half of the season he was Bayern's MVP with 8 goals and 9 assists - that means he contributed to 40% of their entire BL goals. I already wrote this three days ago (where has my post gone btw?:(), this will be a balanced game and Bayern will be - at most - slight favourites to win this. Odds have already drifted but Gladbach +0,5 or +1 is still a value pick. The last time Bayern were convincing on the road was in September. The last time Gladbach were not convincing at home under Favre - well, I can't remember. Heynckes lost all real manager duels in the first of the season - vs Favre, vs Slomka, vs Tuchel and vs Klopp. And I don't expect him to win this.

Ribery is not injured but suspended. In the first half of the season he was Bayern's MVP with 8 goals and 9 assists - that means he contributed to 40% of their entire BL goals. I already wrote this three days ago (where has my post gone btw?:(), this will be a balanced game and Bayern will be - at most - slight favourites to win this. Odds have already drifted but Gladbach +0,5 or +1 is still a value pick. The last time Bayern were convincing on the road was in September. The last time Gladbach were not convincing at home under Favre - well, I can't remember. Heynckes lost all real manager duels in the first of the season - vs Favre, vs Slomka, vs Tuchel and vs Klopp. And I don't expect him to win this.
just a small example...back to game against India,i know it was friendly but... 1st half Bayern played full squad(main 11) but without Riberry.Indida didn't even come out of their half,not a single shot,even Bayern's keeper had to come out to the middle of the pitch to give pass-he was so bored.Bayern trashed India 4-0 but could be all 6 or 7. Then second half bayern only left 3 or so regulars and gave Ribery,Olic and others chance to play.F*cking hell,Bayern didn't score any single goal and could concede couple too-they were shocking.Ribery and specially Olic died after 30min they looked tired. So trust me Bayern without Ribery is fine but Ribery without bayern is nothing special.He has no discepline,gets frustrated quick,makes silly faults. Only my opinion anyway...

OK, looking at it in a little detail: Hamburg are 13th and Dortmund 2nd Hamburg home record this season: 2/4/3 13/12 Dortmund away record this season: 4/3/2 12/7 http://www.soccerway.com/national/germany/bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ Current Form: Both teams are in good form. Dortmund are at the top of the 'form in last 6 games' table, and Hamburg are 5th. Both teams won all their recent friendlies in the winter break. Dortmund's recent away form is particularly impressive, including a win at Bayern Munich. Dortmund have a real chance of winning the league it seems. Hamburg it seems are much improved on last season, and their defence is quite strong. What chance do Dortmund have of winning? I reckon they have less than a 50% chance of winning this game. so odds of 2.05 for "Double chance: Hamburg or Draw" seem decent. Overs/Unders All five of Hamburg's last five home games have been under 2.5 goals. Four of Dortmund's last four away games have been under 2.5 goals. Under 2.5 goals should I think be the favourite here, so odds of 2.0 on Betfair look good value. On balance, I think there is a little bit of value on Hamburg/Draw and on under 2.5 goals. All opinions welcomed!
Just to add to your analysis; Gotze will most likely not start for Dortmund. Their manager indicated this earlier during the week. Hamburg improved an awful lot during the end of November and December period of the season. Hamburg are 5 successive games unbeaten at home in the league (Wolfsburg, Kaiserslautern, Hoffenheim, Nurnberg, Augsburg). I too agree that Hamburg win/draw is a good bet or a lay of Dortmund.

OK, looking at it in a little detail: Hamburg are 13th and Dortmund 2nd Hamburg home record this season: 2/4/3 13/12 Dortmund away record this season: 4/3/2 12/7 http://www.soccerway.com/national/germany/bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ Current Form: Both teams are in good form. Dortmund are at the top of the 'form in last 6 games' table, and Hamburg are 5th. Both teams won all their recent friendlies in the winter break. Dortmund's recent away form is particularly impressive, including a win at Bayern Munich. Dortmund have a real chance of winning the league it seems. Hamburg it seems are much improved on last season, and their defence is quite strong. What chance do Dortmund have of winning? I reckon they have less than a 50% chance of winning this game. so odds of 2.05 for "Double chance: Hamburg or Draw" seem decent. Overs/Unders All five of Hamburg's last five home games have been under 2.5 goals. Four of Dortmund's last four away games have been under 2.5 goals. Under 2.5 goals should I think be the favourite here, so odds of 2.0 on Betfair look good value. On balance, I think there is a little bit of value on Hamburg/Draw and on under 2.5 goals. All opinions welcomed!
Hamburg improved under Fink. They showed really good performances. Striker Petric is doubtful. Dortmund will miss Götze who is injured. Klopp said that keeper Weidenfäller is doubtful and second goal keeper out with an injury. So going on Hamurg AH+0,5 and maybe on both to score is ok.

Result: Gladbach 3 Bayern 1 Hmmm ... I wish I'd see your post before the game (although of course it's easy in hindsight). For me, Bayern lost their 'aura' some time before Christmas. I thought they might have regained it over the winter break, but it seems I was wrong. From what I saw of the game, it was a fairly comfortable win for Gladbach - and at the pre-match odds, they were clearly outstanding value.

Event Hoffenheim - Hannover
Selection Hoffenheim
Strength 10/10
Date 21/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.00
Reasoning The two teams are separate by just one point in the table and this return of winter pause, as the table is balanced, can be decisive to decide the future of both team sin the Bundesliga. The two teams have some important absences, specially in the defensive lines:Commper and Vorsah. in the hosts, and Haggui, Schultz and Pinto, in the visitors. Looking to the previous game of the two teams at Hoffenheim and knowing that Hoffenheim only lost one time at home in this Bundesliga, home advantage can have a decisive role here.
2009/2010 06.02.2010 1899 Hoffenheim 1.Hannover 96 2:1
2010/2011 31.10.2010 1899 Hoffenheim 1.Hannover 96 4:0
Probable line-ups 1899 Hoffenheim: Starke - Beck, Williams, Vestergaard, Braafheid (Johnson) - Johnson (Rudy), Salihovic - Babel, Firmino, Mlapa - Ibisevic Hannover 96: Zieler - Chahed, Eggimann (Avevor), Pogatetz, Pander - Lala, Schmiedebach - Stindl, Rausch - Schlaudraff - Abdellaoue (Sobiech)

I am 27 years old and I live in Czech Republic. I'm interested in different kinds of sports' date=' but I specialize in selecting football leaguese specially the German, Italian and French. Also I have excellent results in selecting American sports, especially hockey NHL. My types can be viewed on the website: [url']http://www.bettingexpert.com/users/boxibg My yield from 1607 picks is 6.9% Persons interested in my carefully selected types should put money into an account in Skrill (Moneybookers) [ [email protected] ] stating in an e-mail address to which statements wait for a week sent types. You can also pay by paysafecard. Signup includes 2-3 types of carefully selected each day. The cost of subscription is 25 euros or 35 dollars per week. I give sports betting a few hours before the start of matches. Today I offer exceptional types for free. Just send an email: [email protected] message in the title “FREE”
Are you drunk?:rollin

For me' date=' Bayern lost their 'aura' some time before Christmas. I thought they might have regained it over the winter break, but it seems I was wrong. From what I saw of the game, it was a fairly comfortable win for Gladbach - and at the pre-match odds, they were clearly outstanding value.[/quote'] Actually I'm pretty sure Bayern won't be champs. I like their starting eleven (bench is rather mediocre) but Heynckes is 'galaxies' away from managers like Klopp or Favre (not to mention Mou, Pep, etc.). He's one of Hoeneß' buddies, that's his most remarkable quality (Real Madrid sacked him after he won the first CL title for them in 30 years, that really tells the whole story...). ________________________________________________________________ Wolfsburg - Cologne = Cologne +0,5 @ 2.09 Pinnacle For this bet I ignore all Wolfsburg stats from the first half of the season because this is a different Wolfsburg team. Autocrat Magath invested 25 million euros and brought in 8 new players and it is expected that five of them will be in the starting line-up. Point is that they didn't have much time to gel and - from what Magath said - the new players might struggle with the pace. They played against fourth division team Magdeburg three days ago and lost 0-1, it was only a test of course (under not so good conditions) but as well an indication that they might need time to gel. Their best attacking player Mandzukic (8 goals, 3 assists) is out. Cologne have some problems with their back four today and manager Solbakken needs to improvise a little bit. But my football sense tells me that this won't be decisive as good positional play should be enough to keep Wolfsburg away from the goal. And with 'good positional play' I obviously mean 10/11 men behind the ball. They'll park the bus, try to win the ball and go for the counter-attack. I don't expect Wolfsburg's passing accuracy to be high today, so Cologne should win more balls than they usually do. Striker Novakovic will be available again and I think this is a huge thing for Cologne as they relied way too strong on Podolski in the first half of the season. Novakovic was injured after seven games, but in those seven games he scored 2 goals and delivered 3 assists. I rate this striking duo Podolski-Novakovic quite highly, but of course Novakovic needs time to get back to 100 percent on the pitch. Another good thing for this bet could be the weather as it is snowing in Wolfsburg. With the pitch heating it could be quite slick and I think those conditions are always worse for the 'active' team that has to dictate the game than for the 'passive' team that waits for counter-attacks and has more space when attacking.

Actually I'm pretty sure Bayern won't be champs. I like their starting eleven (bench is rather mediocre) but Heynckes is 'galaxies' away from managers like Klopp or Favre (not to mention Mou' date=' Pep, etc.). He's one of Hoeneß' buddies, that's his most remarkable quality (Real Madrid sacked him after he won the first CL title for them in 30 years, that really tells the whole story...)[/quote'] I'm beginning to think the same thing. The results have tailed off noticeably, but also there's something about the body language of the players on the pitch - slightly more slumped in posture, without that air of superiority/confidence/arrogance that they seemed to have early in the season. Leading positions today, with 16/17 games to go - Bayern 37 Gladbach 36 Dortmund 34 Schalke 34 (Bayern and Gladbach have played a game more) http://uk.soccerway.com/national/germany/bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ Current Betfair odds: Bayern 1.55 Gladbach 17 Dortmund 3.9 Schalke 15 If you reckon Bayern are unlikely to win the league, then at the moment, I guess there is clear value in laying them on Betfair at 1.55/1.57. Dortmund are clear second favourites. Gladbach and Schalke are rank outsiders but well placed at the moment. European involvement could be a factor (it is generally thought to be a disadvantage to be 'in Europe'). Bayern are still in the Champions League and Schalke are in the Europa League. Dortmund and Gladbach are not in European competitions now (Dortmund finished bottom of their CL group and were eliminated).

Hamburg improved under Fink. They showed really good performances. Striker Petric is doubtful. Dortmund will miss Götze who is injured. Klopp said that keeper Weidenfäller is doubtful and second goal keeper out with an injury. So going on Hamurg AH+0,5 and maybe on both to score is ok.
Hamburg improved yes. Really good performances, not yet! Result wise they have been unbeaten yes, but way too many draws for two reason. Their offense play is yet predictable over the wings with rather weak crosses and their defense row has yet to improve to allow less big chances. Drobny, Hamburgs goalkeeper, had too much to do in almost all games which indicates their high risk at the back. Dortmund, even when missing Götze and Weidenfeller, has more quality than Hamburg. Lewandowski, Großkreutz, Kagawa and Kuba come along with more goal danger than Lam, Jansen, Son and Guerrero from which I think only Jansen and Guerrero are capable of scoring. This makes Hamburg more predictable in offense than Dortmund, and if we keep in mind how strong Dortmund is defensively (lowest number of goals conceded in the league) then we can imagine how difficult it will be for Hamburg to score. Is it possible? Yes it is.. but the likelyhood that Dortmund will create better chances than Hamburg (having created most goal chances of the whole league) is almost enough to place a bet on Dortmund. If I get involved in this game, it will be on the Dortmund side. Hamburg will be improved for the rest of the season, but this is not the game they have to win to finish the season acceptable to good. ;)

Hamburg improved yes. Really good performances, not yet! Result wise they have been unbeaten yes, but way too many draws for two reason. Their offense play is yet predictable over the wings with rather weak crosses and their defense row has yet to improve to allow less big chances. Drobny, Hamburgs goalkeeper, had too much to do in almost all games which indicates their high risk at the back. Dortmund, even when missing Götze and Weidenfeller, has more quality than Hamburg. Lewandowski, Großkreutz, Kagawa and Kuba come along with more goal danger than Lam, Jansen, Son and Guerrero from which I think only Jansen and Guerrero are capable of scoring. This makes Hamburg more predictable in offense than Dortmund, and if we keep in mind how strong Dortmund is defensively (lowest number of goals conceded in the league) then we can imagine how difficult it will be for Hamburg to score. Is it possible? Yes it is.. but the likelyhood that Dortmund will create better chances than Hamburg (having created most goal chances of the whole league) is almost enough to place a bet on Dortmund. If I get involved in this game, it will be on the Dortmund side. Hamburg will be improved for the rest of the season, but this is not the game they have to win to finish the season acceptable to good. ;)
I don't see a lot value in Dortmund. They may win,, probably but they could play with their third choice keeper, as second keeper Langerak is back in training since thursday.

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January Hamburg vs Dortmund As many have written here, Dortmund has some problems with the goalkeeper for tonight while Hamburg might be awaken, but Borussia has a lot of quality remaining in their team. They play well and score often. Hamburg has improved but will still have a lot of problems against a team that won the title, has same coach and same players for a long period. Borussia will win hardly here, but will win as they have that fighting and never give up spirit! away win @ 1.88 with Canbet

Re: Germany - Bundesliga - 20-22 January Langerek is not a real weakening compared to Weidenfeller, especially if we consider Dortmund's strong defense there would be not a big impact. Götze miss is a blow, but Dortmund's way of play is definitely not cut on a single player as visible right now. Could not understand the market moving on the Dortmund price and got them at 2.00

With 5 minutes to go, it's Hamburg 1 Dortmund 5 So I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Dortmund will win this game. :clap 1907zico, What do you think of Dortmund's chances of winning the league compared with those of Bayern Munich?

FT: Hamburg 1 Dortmund 5 I saw most of the second half. Dortmund were completely dominant against a pretty decent, much improved Hamburg side. Dortmund could have scored a few more goals in the second half, such was their dominance. Dortmund's dominant performance reminded me of Bayern Munich earlier in the season. Strong in defence and deadly in attack. I misjudged the value on this game - it was clearly with Dortmund.