** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Hello everyone! My first post here but I am visiting this forum since long time! Wrexam - Brighton Imho very big quality difference between these two teams. Brighton has much better players and more experienced coach. First game they played they didn't take Wrexam serious enough and I think they wont make that mistake again. Brighton's coach announced very attacking play style and Wrexam just doesn't have that quality to stop them scoring. Brighton -0.5 Wolves - Birmingham Last game ended with 0-0 score. Wolves don't score much and Birmingham is not so good when they are playing away from home. Imho very tight game. under 2.5

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Wolves v Birmingham under 2.5 Wrexham v Brighton under 2.5 Going with double both unders @3.06 bet365 Not much reasoning apart from team news.Looks like Wrexham is missing their leading goalscorer and striker Pogba while Brighton have the same problem with injured strikers.Just don't see many goals there. Well as far as i remember Wolves were never into cups and they are happy just to stay in EPL.Some players will be rseted today,among them top scorer Fletcher and Edwars and couple more injuries.Not sure how Birmingham will aproach this game but i can smell draw again.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Brighton playing full strength side only change from Sat's 2-0 win against Bristol City is Hall for El Abd who is more than capable. The extra 24hrs delay in kick off has allowed Hoskins and CMS to recover and they flew up yesterday. Very strong side and should be too much for Wrexham. The pitch however could be a leveller but all Albion supporters would expect a win with that line up. I was tempted in the 4/1 on minus 1 on the Albion but will stay with just the outright of 7/5 which is available pretty much everywhere. 7/5 great value against non league even taking Wrexhams form into account

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18

Brighton playing full strength side only change from Sat's 2-0 win against Bristol City is Hall for El Abd who is more than capable. The extra 24hrs delay in kick off has allowed Hoskins and CMS to recover and they flew up yesterday. Very strong side and should be too much for Wrexham. The pitch however could be a leveller but all Albion supporters would expect a win with that line up. I was tempted in the 4/1 on minus 1 on the Albion but will stay with just the outright of 7/5 which is available pretty much everywhere. 7/5 great value against non league even taking Wrexhams form into account
Full strength? What's this then? Craig Mackail-Smith starts for Brighton after he suffered a nasty eye injury against Bristol City on Saturday. Will Hoskins, has a knee problem and misses out. Teenage forward Jake Forster-Caskey, who scored Albion's goal in the 1-1 draw with the Dragons last Saturday, also misses out with a dead leg. Ryan Harley was ruled out against City through illness, fellow wingers Kazenga LuaLua and Craig Noone and full-backs Marcos Painter and Mauricio Taricco are all out, while Gordon Greer is banned Or they are not important players....

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 ull strength? What's this then? Craig Mackail-Smith starts for Brighton after he suffered a nasty eye injury against Bristol City on Saturday. Will Hoskins, has a knee problem and misses out. Teenage forward Jake Forster-Caskey, who scored Albion's goal in the 1-1 draw with the Dragons last Saturday, also misses out with a dead leg. Ryan Harley was ruled out against City through illness, fellow wingers Kazenga LuaLua and Craig Noone and full-backs Marcos Painter and Mauricio Taricco are all out, while Gordon Greer is banned Or they are not important players.... __________________ Fair commnet but Hoskins is playing! CMS only has a black eye which wont effect his fitness. It is the first time this season we have seen CMS Hoskins and Buckley all start together since we signed them pre season for over 5 million. Ryan Harley is not a first team starter now and if you ask most Albion supporters Painter is no better than Vincelot. Taricco although still quality very rarely lasts 90mins anyhow and Grant Hall has had a couple of outstanding displays of late and is highly rated by Poyet. As for Lua Lua and noone. Only one of those would have been starting with Buckley back to full fitness on the wing. All in all a very strong side but who knows in the fa cup. I base my comments on seeing all home games this season and a number of away games. Appreciate Greer is missing but Dunk is back from a 2 game suspension.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Can anyone please explain something regarding 'Ladbrokes'?? Just before the kick off for Wolves v Brum, they ran the advert saying 'draw at 15 minutes, £10 wins £55'.. (9/2 odds) Now, like most on here, I've seen this advert quite often over the last few months and fancied taking the bet on certain games.. Problem is, I can never find the 'Market' or 'Bet' on Ladbrokes.com?? Before the above mentioned game kicked off, I checked the markets and could only find 'Result at 15 minutes'.. with the draw being 1/4.. which is what you'd expect.. Can anyone please shed some light on this?? Been really bugging me.. Many thanks.

Wolves v Birmingham under 2.5 Wrexham v Brighton under 2.5 Going with double both unders @3.06 bet365 Not much reasoning apart from team news.Looks like Wrexham is missing their leading goalscorer and striker Pogba while Brighton have the same problem with injured strikers.Just don't see many goals there. Well as far as i remember Wolves were never into cups and they are happy just to stay in EPL.Some players will be rseted today,among them top scorer Fletcher and Edwars and couple more injuries.Not sure how Birmingham will aproach this game but i can smell draw again.
double bubble.both won :beer

Wednesday Wolves v Birmingham Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Wolves DNB @ 1.5 Bet365 Birmingham DNB @ 2.75 Paddy Power/Stan James Apparently the first leg was fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371501.stm As the home side, Wolves will be under more pressure this time, and I think Birmingham's odds are a bit too long. In conclusion, I think there is a good chance that in the above games, the home side will fail to win in 90 minutes (meaning it will be a draw or away win after 90 minutes). All opinions welcomed ...
Result: Wolves 0 Birmingham 1 From reports I heard, it sounded as though Birmingham may have deserved the win, and their desire may have been a bit greater than Wolves'. As in Tuesday's games, I didn't have any bets myself. Obvously, backing Birmingham would have paid here.