** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18

Tuesday 17 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Leicester City v Nottingham Forest (19:30 GMT) 1.8 3.75 5.5 100.40 %
maximize.gif Millwall v Dagenham & Redbridge (19:45 GMT) 1.47 4.6 10 99.74 %
maximize.gif Wrexham v Brighton & Hove Albion (19:45 GMT) 3.05 3.45 2.58 100.53 %
maximize.gif Bolton Wanderers v Macclesfield Town (20:00 GMT) 1.3 6 13 101.28 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Milton Keynes Dons (20:00 GMT) 1.9 3.75 4.9 99.71 %
Wednesday 18 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Birmingham City (20:00 GMT) 2.1 3.5 4.1 100.58 %

Tuesday 17 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Hamilton Academical v St Mirren (19:45 GMT) 3.45 3.45 2.38 99.99 %
maximize.gif Kilmarnock v Dundee (19:45 GMT) 1.76 3.75 5.4 102.00 %
Wednesday 18 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Dunfermline Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (19:45 GMT) 3.55 3.65 2.24 100.21 %

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 FA Cup Replay value on away teams? Still thinking about this, but I can't help thinking there is value on the away teams in four of the FA Cup replays this week. Tuesday Leicester v Forest Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Leicester DNB @ 1.29 Skybet/Boylesport/bodog/Hills Forest DNB @ 4.0 Coral Reports suggest to me that the first tie (ended 0-0) was fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16371531.stm Both sides have poor recent records, and both managers are under some pressure. It's a local derby. I think the gap in the odds means there is some value in backing Forest. Millwall v Dagenham Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Millwall DNB @ 1.14 Bet365 Dagenham DNB @ 7.0 Stan James Reports suggest that Millwall were the better side in the first leg (score 0-0), but it doesn't sound as though they completely dominated - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371385.stm It's a local derby. Millwall's recent form has been very poor (losing 6-0 at home to Birmingham on Saturday) and their manager is under pressure. I think the gap in the odds is too great and their is some value on Dagenham. QPR v MK Dons Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): QPR AH0 @ 1.38 with Bet365 MK DNB @ 3.4 with Stan James It sounds from reports that MK Dons were the better side in the first leg (which ended 1-1) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371771.stm QPR have a new manager in Mark Hughes, and lost their first game under him on Saturday (1-0 at Newcastle). They are struggling at the bottom of the Premier League. MK Dons are near the top of League One. Given the fact that there is more pressure on QPR and that MK Dons apparently were the better side in the first leg, I think their price is a bit too long. Wednesday Wolves v Birmingham Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Wolves DNB @ 1.5 Bet365 Birmingham DNB @ 2.75 Paddy Power/Stan James Apparently the first leg was fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371501.stm As the home side, Wolves will be under more pressure this time, and I think Birmingham's odds are a bit too long. In conclusion, I think there is a good chance that in the above games, the home side will fail to win in 90 minutes (meaning it will be a draw or away win after 90 minutes). All opinions welcomed ...

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Wrexham> Brighton=1Dnb(2.00) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Wrexham position 1° points 62 Brighton position 12° points 38 Preview: Wrexham: in doubt: Jake Speight (striker 25/12). Brighton: absent: Gordon Greer (defender 25 / 1), Marcos Painter (defender 17 / 0), Mauricio Taricco (defender 11 / 0), Ryan Harley (midfielder 16 / 2), Kazenga LuaLua (midfielder 16 / 0), Craig Noone (midfielder 23 / 2), Jake Forster-Caskey (midfielder 3 / 1); in doubt: Craig Mackail-Smith (forward 26 / 6), Will Hoskins (striker 7 / 1). Wrexham has a score in the house w10-d2-l2 goals scored 26 goals against 9 while Brighton has a score out of the house w4-d2-l7 goals scored 8 goals against 16. The first game between these two teams ended in the home of Brighton with a score of 1-1. The home team is in great shape with 5 straight wins in the league, will have a full team with only one question Jake Speight. While the Brighton in the last 5 games he recorded 2 wins and 3 losses. It comes to this very important meeting with a number of absences. So for this reason I think the home team could take advantage. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 A Scottish Cup play for me ... Kilmarnock v Dundee: Dundee (+0.75AH) @ 1.88 with 188bet (2.5pts) Seems to me it's a far from a case of Killie having done the hard part by drawing the original tie in Dundee. I was impressed by the First Division side. They played a lot of good football and the better Rugby Park pitch will suit them. With an experienced backbone of Rab Douglas, Gavin Rae and Steven Milne along with younger SPL "rejects" keen to prove themselves, there's a nice balance there. They've had some decent results on the road, while Saturday's 3-0 home win over Livingston proves they're in good form. They may well have won first time round had they not missed a penalty and there were long spells where they had the better of it. Killie, meanwhile, are still nowhere as good in my view as manager Kenny Shiels wants everyone to think they are. Their squad's a bit stretched at the moment, with Gary Harkins, James Dayton and David Silva all likely to miss out - that severely limits their goal threat. They stick to their guns in terms of wanting to play slowly and deliberately out from the back, and against sides they should beat, they often end up playing their way into trouble. Small stakes as always for the cup, but I think this one's got a chance. Good luck anyone who gets involved. :ok

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 QPR vs MK Dons Nice sum-up, MP, though the only fixture im interested in for tommorow is one I slightly disagree with! They were the worse side when these teams met earlier, and only managed to scramble a replay after a late Herguson goal, dispite fielding a strong team! Now they are in the relegation zone, they should have other priorities than the cup, whilst MK dons themselves will enjoy a run more. However, two other things to consider is that since the game, the draw has happened and the winner faces a home game against former winners Chelsea, which will be one for both clubs to relish, and also the match will be televised on ITV4. Both teams will be missing a couple of players on international duty, Injurys and suspensions, the main miss again will probably be Barton and Taarabt, though he is yet to shine in the premier league. However, though Loftus road wont be full, I liked the way his team played against Newcastle and were desprately unlucky not to get anything out of the game. I didnt initially think Hughes was going to be a great manager for QPR but I think at least after that start against Newcastle, he can get his team to create chances at least in the short term and get the crowd that do come to back their team and see this through. QPR have got better players than their lower league rival Dons, and that little bit of extra quality with that little bit of luck you sometimes should get you the win in 90 minutes. My only reservation is the possibility of extra time and QPR players not pushing 100% should it be in the balance late on, but 1.425 Qualify odds are too short for my liking, so, with limited reservations: QPR -0.5 1.900 10/10

Event QPR - Milton Keynes Dons
Selection QPR
Strength 10/10
Date 17/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.89
Reasoning Mark Hughes replaced Neil Warnock as QPR manager and debuted last Sunday facing Newcastle and loosing by 1-0. Now he will test other players to face this MK Dons, and for sure motivation to show value is what we will see in QPR players. This second line of QPR will avoid the lack of fit of the team as this game will be played 48 hours after the last game and will also be much more motivated. MK Dons is much more fresh as they didn't played last Saturday, seeing his game against Carlisle postponed due to a frozen pitch. They will present his best team, with only one key absent: the defender Gary MacKenzie. I think QPR second line should be enough to defeat this League One side. 31 places are separating the two teams and i believe in the motivation of the hosts players, as well in the determination of Mark Hughes to make a good home debut as QPR coach.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Not been posted in here but out JPT game with Chesterfield has a pitch inspection at 2 o'clock tomorrow. If the game is off it will be played 24 hours later. I don't know what the bookies do here, whether they void it or just let it run 24 hours but either way if you're taking a bet on this game it might be best waiting till after 2pm

Not been posted in here but out JPT game with Chesterfield has a pitch inspection at 2 o'clock tomorrow. If the game is off it will be played 24 hours later. I don't know what the bookies do here' date=' whether they void it or just let it run 24 hours but either way if you're taking a bet on this game it might be best waiting till after 2pm[/quote'] Nice info. Thanks.

QPR vs MK Dons Nice sum-up, MP, though the only fixture im interested in for tommorow is one I slightly disagree with! They were the worse side when these teams met earlier, and only managed to scramble a replay after a late Herguson goal, dispite fielding a strong team! Now they are in the relegation zone, they should have other priorities than the cup, whilst MK dons themselves will enjoy a run more. However, two other things to consider is that since the game, the draw has happened and the winner faces a home game against former winners Chelsea, which will be one for both clubs to relish, and also the match will be televised on ITV4. Both teams will be missing a couple of players on international duty, Injurys and suspensions, the main miss again will probably be Barton and Taarabt, though he is yet to shine in the premier league. However, though Loftus road wont be full, I liked the way his team played against Newcastle and were desprately unlucky not to get anything out of the game. I didnt initially think Hughes was going to be a great manager for QPR but I think at least after that start against Newcastle, he can get his team to create chances at least in the short term and get the crowd that do come to back their team and see this through. QPR have got better players than their lower league rival Dons, and that little bit of extra quality with that little bit of luck you sometimes should get you the win in 90 minutes. My only reservation is the possibility of extra time and QPR players not pushing 100% should it be in the balance late on, but 1.425 Qualify odds are too short for my liking, so, with limited reservations: QPR -0.5 1.900 10/10 You are one of my favorite posters on this forum and I always look upon your posts who are very helpful. I ll try to help you today with you pick cause I see you don't have much confidence! Taking everything you said I find more value in BTTS + over 2.5 goals at pretty good price. My local bookie offers it for around 2.2. Match will be broad casted, QPR not playing with full strength and focus due to hard position in PL etc. More to add, MKD fans requested extra tickets for this match Source : http://www.mkdons.com/page/TicketNews/0,,10420~2573773,00.html So more than 3000 MKD fans will cheer up and will want to see some show from their team. Another good news coming from MKD boss, Karl Robinson who announced that his team will be playing like they have nothing to lose. Source : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/230598/MK-Dons-boss-We-ll-Karl-the-shots-against-QPR/? Mark Hughes indeed started with a loss but there is good improvement in QPR's play. He has to show that this team wants to play football and that they can score goals. So I don't really believe in a 0/0 result. There is a new coach from home side and so far dissapointed fans and boss announcing war and 3000 fans who are hoping to see their team playing against Chelsea on the other side. In only 4 days, both teams are having league matches only with QPR meeting Wigan and they will be very focused on this game since it is a "6 points match". That is why I don't see this game going in extra time with 1/1 result. QPR will not want to play extra 30 minutes and lose energy or get some stupid injury durring that time. Taking all into consideration I believe that this will be game without stress for both teams, maybe without main players playing and open since 1st minute. I'd go for BTTS + over 2.5

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Wrexam - Brighton Wrexam is football town. Back in the time when club had financial problems, fans gathered 100 000 pounds in 1 day to cover some losses and to keep their team. They are living the dream as they will be back to League 1 after 4 years of absence. In last match they conceded after only 3 minutes of playing but after that they put together and managed to get a well deserved draw when everyone was thinking that Brighton will win with at least 2 goals margin. Guy Poyet, Brighton's coach, is being central figure in British media lately cause he backed up Luis Suarez in the issue with Man UTD's player Evra. Seems like this dude cares more about his own promotion than teams success. Brighton has several injury problems and have not won away game since November even when they were will full squad. They also don't score many goals when they are playing away. Tight game, Wrexton playing with full focus and full hearts. Enough for me! pick - Wrexam @2.55 at my local bookie

You are one of my favorite posters on this forum and I always look upon your posts who are very helpful. I ll try to help you today with you pick cause I see you don't have much confidence! Taking everything you said I find more value in BTTS + over 2.5 goals at pretty good price. My local bookie offers it for around 2.2. Match will be broad casted, QPR not playing with full strength and focus due to hard position in PL etc. More to add, MKD fans requested extra tickets for this match Source : http://www.mkdons.com/page/TicketNews/0,,10420~2573773,00.html So more than 3000 MKD fans will cheer up and will want to see some show from their team. Another good news coming from MKD boss, Karl Robinson who announced that his team will be playing like they have nothing to lose. Source : http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/230598/MK-Dons-boss-We-ll-Karl-the-shots-against-QPR/? Mark Hughes indeed started with a loss but there is good improvement in QPR's play. He has to show that this team wants to play football and that they can score goals. So I don't really believe in a 0/0 result. There is a new coach from home side and so far dissapointed fans and boss announcing war and 3000 fans who are hoping to see their team playing against Chelsea on the other side. In only 4 days, both teams are having league matches only with QPR meeting Wigan and they will be very focused on this game since it is a "6 points match". That is why I don't see this game going in extra time with 1/1 result. QPR will not want to play extra 30 minutes and lose energy or get some stupid injury durring that time. Taking all into consideration I believe that this will be game without stress for both teams, maybe without main players playing and open since 1st minute. I'd go for BTTS + over 2.5
I didnt think too much about MK Don's attitutes going towards this game, but also looks like one that the fans have been looking forward to, though I didnt expect such a big turnout of away fans with it being broadcast on widely avaliable ITV4. Hughes have always been a defensive manager, though his teams recent displays have been good on the attack. Though ive already backed QPR, overs and BTTS looks reasonable too. With overs shortening slightly with best prices around 1.925, which is very generous. A lower league team playing with nothing to lose should usually score and conceade, and backing them to score at least one goal whilst QPR to manage at least one themselves now seems very likely. 1 - 1 is a dreaded scoreline, and I dont want to put all my eggs in one basket since ive aleady taken QPR win. With 1 - 1 being the most likely result of all, 0 - 0 or a MK win is probably not significant enough for deviation to affect the punt too much, and thus, on top of my previous bets: Both teams to score 1.84 Betfair 10/10 Lets see if this one comes through.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest Leicester is playing nothing and manager Nigel Pearson is not living his best days in football. A lost of money spent for this club this season and only 15th spot in England. This is too bad! Forest are another disappointing team, but here has been a managerial error in terms of changing the lines respective the last season, selling the good players and bringing weaker players instead. Do not know how much these clubs are interested in this match, but for sure they are sick and tired of defeats. Leicester ended a match 6 times 2 goals at home and 4 times 3 goals - at home! Forest ended a match 5 times with 1 goal, 1 time with 2 and 2 times with 3. - away! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 More info on QPR - MKD game. My local bookie changed his price on QPR from 1.75 to 1.85 and MKD from 4.15 to 3.85. Draw is now 3.4 and it was 3.6. Nasty move I'd say cause my bookie always has the worst possible prices for any result. Still I hate them enough to keep betting there :) Joey Barton, one of the QPR's key players will be back after 3 matches. Hughes, the coach of QPR, said something about how Barton is such a good player and that he can't imagine future of QPR without him. Source : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4062599/Mark-Hughes-admits-he-needs-a-new-striker-at-QPR.html Price dropping on BTTS as well. Seems like Asian market is reading our posts on this forum :D

Leicester City vs Nottingham Forest Leicester is playing nothing and manager Nigel Pearson is not living his best days in football. A lost of money spent for this club this season and only 15th spot in England. This is too bad! Forest are another disappointing team, but here has been a managerial error in terms of changing the lines respective the last season, selling the good players and bringing weaker players instead. Do not know how much these clubs are interested in this match, but for sure they are sick and tired of defeats. Leicester ended a match 6 times 2 goals at home and 4 times 3 goals - at home! Forest ended a match 5 times with 1 goal, 1 time with 2 and 2 times with 3. - away! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365
Cool but if you watched last game you'd probably go for under 1.5 now cause these teams show 0 interest in this competition. I am staying out of this game because I believe they will play it for the bookies. Good luck!

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Chesterfield vs Oldham If this one will be played - both teams will be looking to climb in this Football League Trophy final. These are the semis and will be played in 2 legs. Cheterfield got a huge breath of oxygen when they got a point in London against Leyton, last weekekdn. Oldham failed to win a point on Galpharm Stadium in Huddersfield losing in the last minute sof the game. Expect a tight game, but I expect 2-3 goals! Both teams showed power lately in attack and I believe will see some good football. 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Tranmere to beat Rochdale Evens VC Willhill Ladbrokes Coral I was expecting Tranmere to be a shade odds on in this one so I'm pleasantly surprised to get evens. Rochdale are having an awful season and have only won the one game since the 1st October. They even managed the unthinkable by losing to Hartlepool! Tranmere themselves are having a poor season but they are fairly solid at home losing only three of thirteen. The big diferance between the two is that Tranmere regularly score whereas finding the back of the net seems a real struggle for Rochdale. Rochdale have managed just the 2 in their last 6 games whereas Tranmere have scored 7. The draw no bet at 4/9 seems the safe option but Im happy to take the evens on a home win.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 The QPR game tonight is an interesting one from a betting perspective. QPR are 1.9 with Bet365. If this was under Warnock I wouldn't have touched it (as he did not value the cups), but my initial thought would be that Hughes would take it seriously, not wanting to get knocked out the cup to a lower league side in his first home game in charge. However, it seems he will be playing a weakened side, with the massive relegation 6 pointer with Wigan in mind. Even so, you'd fancy the squad players he plays will be keen to impress the new boss and maybe etch their way closer to the first eleven, or at least ensure they have a long term squad role and a contract extension. I've not made a decision yet, but 1.91 is tempting.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Leicester - Nottingham Forest: Draw @ 3.60 (Stan James) 10/10 Both teams have underperformed in the Championship League relative to expectations. Nothing really recommends a win for either team. Leicester has an average home record (6-3-5) and seems to be a bit draw prone recently with a 1-3-1 home record in the last 5 home matches. Nottingham has a below average away record (4-1-7) and has difficulty in scoring (10:18 goals differential). Both teams essentially play defensively and given the 0-0 result of the first match I think the draw result has increased chances here. QPR - MK Dons: MK Dons @ 4.33 (Stan James) 10/10 QPR should be favourites here but at odds of 1.80-1.90 I think they are too short given the circumstances. QPR is currently in relegation and has a 6 pointer match against Wigan coming up. Coach Hughes has indicated that he will probably keep some of his best players out of this match. MK Dons is in great form (1 defeat in the last 12 matches) and has a strong away record in League 1 (7-2-3). Information has it that MK Dons will play with an essentially complete squad. A strong fan presence is expected for the guests. So, given QPR's situation and their traditional inability in advancing in Cup competitions along with MK Dons" form, I am going to risk the bet on the away win. The odds for MK Dons' win are certainly worth the risk. Kilmarnock - Dundee: Dundee @ 4.50 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Given that Kilmarnock is in the SPL they should be favourites, but at odds of 1.80-1.90 they are arguably too short. The 1-1 result of the reverse fixture, where Dundee missed a penalty shot that would have put them in the lead by 2-1, indicates that Dundee can hold its ground against Kilmarnock. The hosts haven't been in particularly great form recently with a 1-3-2 record in all competitions. Kilmarnock will have some important missings in goalkeeper, defense and midfield. Dundee is in great form and has the best away record in Division 1 (6-2-2). Since September 17, in all competitions, Dundee has not lost and has a 5-2-0 record. The odds make this bet worth the risk given the circumstances.

The QPR game tonight is an interesting one from a betting perspective. QPR are 1.9 with Bet365. If this was under Warnock I wouldn't have touched it (as he did not value the cups)' date=' but my initial thought would be that Hughes would take it seriously, not wanting to get knocked out the cup to a lower league side in his first home game in charge. However, it seems he will be playing a weakened side, with the massive relegation 6 pointer with Wigan in mind. Even so, you'd fancy the squad players he plays will be keen to impress the new boss and maybe etch their way closer to the first eleven, or at least ensure they have a long term squad role and a contract extension. I've not made a decision yet, but 1.91 is tempting.[/quote'] Hard to judge, but I don't think you can ignore the fact that, according to most reports I've read, MK were the better team in the first leg. MK Dons current form is much better than QPR's and their away form is very good. Suggests to me QPR's odds are a bit too short.

Hard to judge' date=' but I don't think you can ignore the fact that, according to most reports I've read, MK were the better team in the first leg. MK Dons current form is much better than QPR's and their away form is very good. Suggests to me QPR's odds are a bit too short.[/quote'] Yeah, good points. Think it's a no bet, better to be patient and wait for better opportunities to present themselves. Unless QPR field an unexpectedly strong team.

Kilmarnock - Dundee: Dundee @ 4.50 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Given that Kilmarnock is in the SPL they should be favourites, but at odds of 1.80-1.90 they are arguably too short. The 1-1 result of the reverse fixture, where Dundee missed a penalty shot that would have put them in the lead by 2-1, indicates that Dundee can hold its ground against Kilmarnock. The hosts haven't been in particularly great form recently with a 1-3-2 record in all competitions. Kilmarnock will have some important missings in goalkeeper, defense and midfield. Dundee is in great form and has the best away record in Division 1 (6-2-2). Since September 17, in all competitions, Dundee has not lost and has a 5-2-0 record. The odds make this bet worth the risk given the circumstances.
Not arguing with your tip mate as I've got Dundee on the plus, but the highlighted part might mislead people. Cammy Bell, the number one and Scotland squad keeper, is fit. You probably read that Anssi Jaakkola is out - he's the sub keeper so no worries for Killie there. :ok

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Leicester - Nottingham Forest .. 1 (1.83) Second favourites to get promoted pre-season, Leicester splashed the cash in the transfer window, however it hasn't really paid off yet as they sitting in 15th place in the Championship at the moment. But the Foxes have improved slightly of late with just one loss in 6 at home. Nottingham Forest have a really disappointing season - they sat in the Championship drop zone having won only once in their last 10 games, losing 7. The visitors` defensive record is the 2nd worst in the Championship and they are the 2nd lowest scorers in the division too. They have failed to score in 9 of their last 10 league games.

Re: England/Scotland > Midweek L1 & All Cups - Jan 17/18 Mark Hughes 1st game in charge then I'm sure he'll want to start off in winning fashion especially against a club 2 leagues below them. Also the new manager factor. Players will be playing for places. Not sure how QPR will treat this cup. Surely the league is more important but the last thing they need is to get knocked out by a side 30+ places below them. Confidence will be shot to pieces. Goodluck everyone:ok

FA Cup Replay value on away teams? Still thinking about this, but I can't help thinking there is value on the away teams in four of the FA Cup replays this week. Tuesday Leicester v Forest Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Leicester DNB @ 1.29 Skybet/Boylesport/bodog/Hills Forest DNB @ 4.0 Coral Reports suggest to me that the first tie (ended 0-0) was fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16371531.stm Both sides have poor recent records, and both managers are under some pressure. It's a local derby. I think the gap in the odds means there is some value in backing Forest. Millwall v Dagenham Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Millwall DNB @ 1.14 Bet365 Dagenham DNB @ 7.0 Stan James Reports suggest that Millwall were the better side in the first leg (score 0-0), but it doesn't sound as though they completely dominated - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371385.stm It's a local derby. Millwall's recent form has been very poor (losing 6-0 at home to Birmingham on Saturday) and their manager is under pressure. I think the gap in the odds is too great and their is some value on Dagenham. QPR v MK Dons Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): QPR AH0 @ 1.38 with Bet365 MK DNB @ 3.4 with Stan James It sounds from reports that MK Dons were the better side in the first leg (which ended 1-1) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371771.stm QPR have a new manager in Mark Hughes, and lost their first game under him on Saturday (1-0 at Newcastle). They are struggling at the bottom of the Premier League. MK Dons are near the top of League One. Given the fact that there is more pressure on QPR and that MK Dons apparently were the better side in the first leg, I think their price is a bit too long. Wednesday Wolves v Birmingham Best 2-way prices (draw excluded): Wolves DNB @ 1.5 Bet365 Birmingham DNB @ 2.75 Paddy Power/Stan James Apparently the first leg was fairly even - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/16371501.stm As the home side, Wolves will be under more pressure this time, and I think Birmingham's odds are a bit too long. In conclusion, I think there is a good chance that in the above games, the home side will fail to win in 90 minutes (meaning it will be a draw or away win after 90 minutes). All opinions welcomed ...
Just my opinion, but I don't think the first leg reports mean anything, except that they put "false value" on the sides that unexpectedly managed a draw. When a bigger side have to travel to a pitch miles beneath them, it is fairly common for them to have a poor match...the crowds are smaller, the atmosphere less intense than what they're used to, the pitch in worse shape, whatever. It is very common, on the other hand, for big sides in FA Cup mismatches to turn things around quickly when they get home. Collectively, FA Cup matches where the home side are a league or two higher than the away side produce a lot of goals, and often the lower side gets punished. I think the drawn match might produce some confidence, but now they've got to play on away against a side that regularly faces better opposition.

I'd really like to see you laying max bet on this one. So much show off from you today :spank
Thanks for the remark babypunter. For your information I almost always place a 10/10 stake on my bets. Surely you have heard of level stakes betting....It has nothing to do with showing off....:ok