** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Fri: 2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle

Re: Fri: 2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle I am on Sea of Thunder here (16/1) Was impressed with his run at Cheltenham when he looked like hacking up until crashing out at the last hurdle. Always nice when a trainer states these novice hurdlers only have one target as well

• 1 month later...

Re: Fri: 2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle 2.40 Cheltenham - 2pts win Brindisi Breeze @ 10/1 (Hills) The winners of this race tend to have run at Cheltenham before, and have already run over 3 miles in their hurdling career. Lucinda Russell's animal hasn't done the former, but has proved his stamina in no uncertain terms. His victories have led to people query whether he needs deep ground, but I'll take a chance that he doesn't, as he's been very impressive when wiping the floor with some smart animals. The favourite of this does have a nice profile, but he's yet to race this far - despite shaping like a stayer. I think Brindisi Breeze will be hard to peg back, even if he's unlikely to get a soft lead, as he's a strong stayer with plenty of class. His last run at Haydock was very good. He won by an eased-down 12l from some very good novices. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were all previously unbeaten over obstacles, and the 5th franked the form in no uncertain terms next time. I think he's a bit overpriced purely for the stable he represents, because you can't fault what he's done so far over hurdles. He will get home okay as long as he doesn't go crazy, and looks sure to run pretty well. He may prefer softer conditions, but I can't see it being the be all and end all.

Re: Fri: 2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle

2.40 Cheltenham - 2pts win Brindisi Breeze @ 10/1 (Hills) The winners of this race tend to have run at Cheltenham before, and have already run over 3 miles in their hurdling career. Lucinda Russell's animal hasn't done the former, but has proved his stamina in no uncertain terms. His victories have led to people query whether he needs deep ground, but I'll take a chance that he doesn't, as he's been very impressive when wiping the floor with some smart animals. The favourite of this does have a nice profile, but he's yet to race this far - despite shaping like a stayer. I think Brindisi Breeze will be hard to peg back, even if he's unlikely to get a soft lead, as he's a strong stayer with plenty of class. His last run at Haydock was very good. He won by an eased-down 12l from some very good novices. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were all previously unbeaten over obstacles, and the 5th franked the form in no uncertain terms next time. I think he's a bit overpriced purely for the stable he represents, because you can't fault what he's done so far over hurdles. He will get home okay as long as he doesn't go crazy, and looks sure to run pretty well. He may prefer softer conditions, but I can't see it being the be all and end all.
nice one :clap

Re: Fri: 2.40 Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle

2.40 Cheltenham - 2pts win Brindisi Breeze @ 10/1 (Hills) The winners of this race tend to have run at Cheltenham before, and have already run over 3 miles in their hurdling career. Lucinda Russell's animal hasn't done the former, but has proved his stamina in no uncertain terms. His victories have led to people query whether he needs deep ground, but I'll take a chance that he doesn't, as he's been very impressive when wiping the floor with some smart animals. The favourite of this does have a nice profile, but he's yet to race this far - despite shaping like a stayer. I think Brindisi Breeze will be hard to peg back, even if he's unlikely to get a soft lead, as he's a strong stayer with plenty of class. His last run at Haydock was very good. He won by an eased-down 12l from some very good novices. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th were all previously unbeaten over obstacles, and the 5th franked the form in no uncertain terms next time. I think he's a bit overpriced purely for the stable he represents, because you can't fault what he's done so far over hurdles. He will get home okay as long as he doesn't go crazy, and looks sure to run pretty well. He may prefer softer conditions, but I can't see it being the be all and end all.
Good stuff mate - Thanks:cheers