** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Hello I am back its been a while since i posted my last match and i see that nothing changed.For start i have two matches first is Gojowczyk vs (Young) Young is better rank player and he played a few big tournaments anlike Gojo. this is his big first match and i think that he is too young to beat Young. My second match is Chardy vs( Dimitrov) Dimitrov played some nice tennis in hofman and i like what i saw.Chardy is very weak mentally and three sets are a lot so Dimitrov is my favorite. I just want to say hello to ATKO and i hope that you are going to post some of yours picks.:)

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012

Chardy vs Dimitrov - Dimitrov to win @ 8/13 with BlueSquare - 5 Points Extremely confident on this one, Chardy is in diabolical form and even when he isn't I wouldn't ever give the one trick pony a chance up against an up and coming top 30 ranked player in Dimitrov over the duration of a best of 5 set match. He's too eratic and not in the same league from the baseline, whilst he will prove difficult to break for perhaps one set, once the errors start coming from his racket they will notch up at quite a rate. Dimitrov has impressed me a lot and I see him outwitting Chardy on court even if Jeremy serves and volley's well.
See this is a perfect example of the hype surrounding Dimitrov,people actually believe that he has attained the lofty heights of the top 30 when in actual fact his ranking is number 78 ,his highest rank was 52 last August and he has tumbled down the rankings since! Just saying!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Muller - Fish 1 @5.03 stake 2 bet365 Vado a controllare il Pesce che in Hopman Cup ha mostrato di non essere per niente in forma infatti ha fatto solo 3 games contro Dimitrov e 6 contro Berdych, ha vinto solo 1 partita contro Nielsen al 3°set. Gilles Muller su questi campi è una brutta gatta da pelare con un ottimo servizio e se il Mardy non è in forma può anche starci la sorpresa. Se invece l'americano è tornato quello della fine del 2011 si pagherà tranquillamente. Gettone che però voglio spendere.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 2/10 Kohlschreiber -1.5 set tb. Monaco @ 2.07 SBOBET Don't know. Odds maybe a little bit high. Kohlschreiber not in the best form of his life, but he can take Monaco in max. 4 sets. 2/10 Tomic - Verdasco over 39.5 games @ 1.96 SBOBET Tomic the youngster against a good Spanish player. I think this is a very close match. The winner will take the match in 4 or 5 sets. 3/10 Cetcovska tb. Morita @ 2.02 Nordicbet Reason above by other users, great odds! 3/10 Isner - Mitchel under 31.5 games @ 1.95 Unibet Isner will take this match easy. 6-4 6-4 6-4 is enough for this bet. I don't see value in other matchpicks. Isner is a great server on this surface and don't play good the last week, but he can take this match easy. 4/10 Berlocq tb. Huta Galung @ 1.85 Nordicbet I think the Bookmakers will underrated Berlocq here. Huta Galung is not a fantastic player . It's a miracle that he will play this tournament. 4/10 Mannarino +8 games tb. Del Potro @ 2.10 5Dimes Del Potro was terrible bad last week. Mannarino playing very well the last weeks and i don't think that Delpo this match will win easy. 5/10 Kuznetsov - Nadal under 27 games @ 1.87 Betsson Rafa like to play this matches. Everytime he will win this matches quickly and i think Kuznetsov win max. 5 or maybe 6 games. 8/10 Rochus tb. Phau @ 1.45 Nordicbet Phau are overrated here. Okay he win a nice qualify, but Rochus playing very well the last weeks. I don't like the handicaps here, but Rochus can choke maybe one set. Great value in this ML. 3/10 Haas - Kudla over 36.5 games @ 1.91 12Bet Low line. But Haas is not the youngster player in this tournament. He can't win this in 3 easy sets. Kudla playing good in the qualies and i think he can win minimum 1 set. 4/10 Young tb. Gojowczyk @ 1.63 5Dimes Why everybody like the German? Okay, he played a very nice qualification. But everybody forget Young can play very nice on this surface. He don't play good the last weeks, if he played better the last weeks this was a 10/10 spot. I think Young can win this match against the German if he will play good.

See this is a perfect example of the hype surrounding Dimitrov' date='people actually believe that he has attained the lofty heights of the top 30 when in actual fact his ranking is number [b']78 ,his highest rank was 52 last August and he has tumbled down the rankings since! Just saying!
Dimitrov is a thief! A young Davy in the making, saw him last year at Wimbledon against Tsonga, played brilliant tennis, could have actually defeated Tsonga, i went with the frenchman and Dimitrov gave me a run for my money. Very next tournament at Newport, same surface, same conditions, lost to Kudla playing shit

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 I saw someone went with over 33,5 games at Kenny de Schepper with Querrey. I think it's possible Sam can win this one in three sets if he plays some good tennis, i don't know if you have seen Kenny play, i have several times. His only weapon is his serve which truth be said is quite a strong one but other than that he is i think the weakest tennis player on the main board here. All his points are won directly with serve or set up with serve, i can't see him winning more than 1/5 rallies with Querrey if the match is played in normal conditions (both players perform at their usual level)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Also Del Potro has no chance of winning the AO, many people think well he is back on track after that injury, regained his ranking etc. Yes, true but also he is playing shit lately, don't forget he lost both his rubbers in the Davis Cup final and he lost them by playing badly: with Ferrer he couldn't keep up the pace and with Nadal he had one good set and then just totally lost it. Also played shit last week

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Sport Tennis
Event Fish - Muller
Selection Fish -2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.32
Reasoning Fish not give any chances to win for the Muller tonight, trust me. Fish in 2011 played on hard court against him and not give too much chances. Fish is better serve, better returner, have better footwork and more experience on this level. I watch Fish match against Tomic in Kooyong Final and Mardy played really good tennis, if keep this level I see three sets for him.

I saw someone went with over 33,5 games at Kenny de Schepper with Querrey. I think it's possible Sam can win this one in three sets if he plays some good tennis, i don't know if you have seen Kenny play, i have several times. His only weapon is his serve which truth be said is quite a strong one but other than that he is i think the weakest tennis player on the main board here. All his points are won directly with serve or set up with serve, i can't see him winning more than 1/5 rallies with Querrey if the match is played in normal conditions (both players perform at their usual level)
Yep, I know the deal with De Schepper. Very average apart from serve. However I've seen Querrey get into dog fights with the likes of Carsten Ball so I'm hopeful that with it being the first round of a Grand Slam Querrey could take a while to get into the groove. If De Schepper was playing someone like Serra, who beat him handily last week and is more of a touch player, then I wouldn't touch him. But Sam is big immobile unit himself and can be dragged down into mediocrity and he also still seems to be far from his 2009 form.

Event Cornet A. (Fra) - Niculescu M. (Rou)
Selection Cornet A. (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.65
Reasoning Cornet is former world number 12, now she is under number 85 but she has few injuries past year when she reached quarter final here at Australia open. Cornet leads 1-0 head to head, she will face world number 32 but I can't see Niculescu as such big dog. The Romanian player has lost in straight sets past two matches against Chakvetadze and Zheng at beginning of the year. If Cornet has a day this should be even 2 setter.

Event Wozniacki C. - Rodionova A.
Selection over 17 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betway @ 2.00
Reasoning World number 1 against local hope Rodionova who is under number 103 in WTA rankings. Well Wozniacki is not in so good fit right now she struggled against Radwanska past week, she lost many games we saw tiebreakers through her way to that semi final. I believe that Wozniacki will improve her fit during this tournament but today she will face big local hope and I think it will not be so easy taking this one. Rodionova lost 62 60 past year but that was on clay, now she will face Wozniacki at home on a favourit surface loosing 62 63 will make this bet void why not. If Rodionova use her forehand well I think she has good chance here to make at least four games in one set.

Event Prodon E. - Beck A.
Selection Prodon E.
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 4.81
Reasoning Value definitely lies on Prodon, because these two players are typical claycourters but past year Prodon defeat twice this opponent as now he leads 2-0 head to head. Two fellows in ATP rankings world number 96 against world number 93. I will put my money to the Belgium because he is most experienced, watched him at US Open against Melzer when Prodon has had really good chance but lost unhappy second set in tiebreak. I think this draw is big luck for these two players definitely no chances for these two to go deep into the tournament because Pordon played three matches on hard past year while Beck played only two matches. If Prodon take one set he sure will on fire and why not to clinch this match against as he did in past two encounters between.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Great start for me on Australia two of two it's good to be back and great start lets hope for same day tomorrow.Young was good enough and Gojo. show pure inexpirience.Chardy was good better than i expected but he just wasn't good enough. (Dimitrov) win (Young) win :)

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Berlocq tb. Huta Galung Won Ljubicic tb. Lacko Lost Ljubicic was up 2 sets to love and a break up in the third ,Lacko broke back straight away and from there on ,things just went downhill for the croatian. Total : -3.4 hopefully tommorow will be better.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Hi guys, 1 more pick for me for the Australian Open tomorrow: GIRALDO-VIOLA OVER 29 GAMES @1.93 on pinnaclesports Two clay court players playing similar style of play. Surely a lot of long rallies in this one. Viola has come through 3 qualifying rounds and it surely will not be an easy win for the favorite Giraldo.

Tomic vs Verdasco - Tomic to win @ 8/13 with StanJames - 4 Points Okay so its the young Australian pusher against the ever most eratic Nando, for me this match can only go in one way and that's a comprehensive victory for Bernard. Bernard shows he rises to the occasion at last year's Wimbledon and he also showed he is not flustered by it, having produced some stella performances in recent weeks and kind of the end of last year, I can easily see the Australian frustrating the Spaniard into mistake after mistake. Verdasco has not been anywhere near what he is capable of performance wise and has imploded on court several times already since the new year. I can see this occurring, he doesn't fair well against counter punchers tbh and he won't fair well against counter puncher Tomic who also has the avid support of the Australian crowd. Aussie, aussie, aussie .... OY, OY, OY!!!!!
Holy. Only just, relieved. :cigar
A Barty vs A Tatashvili - A Barty to win @ 9/4 with BlueSquare - 2 Points I watched A, Barty in the Australian Wild Card play offs in late December and it was obvious to see she is an up and coming prospect for the future. Reminds of Laura Robson for Great Britain. Tatashvili recently lost to another Australian player ranked in around the same mark as Barty, so I'm willing to put a bit of money on the young 16 year old pulling this one off. She has the home crowd and it would not suprise me in the slightest.
Not quite eh? Should have probably taken the handicap. :wall
Laura Robson vs Jelena Jankovic - Laura Robson (+6 Game Handicap) @ Evens with Bet365 - 3 Points Robson is just waiting to burst on to the scene and who says she can't make her real mark in this match right here at the Aussie open? The last time they played, at Wimbledon, 2 years back, Jankovic came out eventual winner in a closely fought tussle, 6-3, 7-6. Jankovic can be a headcase also from time to time and I see Robson being inspired by the big occasion and with nothing to lose, so this handicap game line should easily be met.
Laura's still not ready obviously. :wall
Chardy vs Dimitrov - Dimitrov to win @ 8/13 with BlueSquare - 5 Points Extremely confident on this one, Chardy is in diabolical form and even when he isn't I wouldn't ever give the one trick pony a chance up against an up and coming top 30 ranked player in Dimitrov over the duration of a best of 5 set match. He's too eratic and not in the same league from the baseline, whilst he will prove difficult to break for perhaps one set, once the errors start coming from his racket they will notch up at quite a rate. Dimitrov has impressed me a lot and I see him outwitting Chardy on court even if Jeremy serves and volley's well.
Thank the lord he just about had enough. :D :ok All in all profit, as the losses were small staked. Should stay clear of women's tennis really.

See this is a perfect example of the hype surrounding Dimitrov' date='people actually believe that he has attained the lofty heights of the top 30 when in actual fact his ranking is number [b']78 ,his highest rank was 52 last August and he has tumbled down the rankings since! Just saying!
You have a point. I was asleep but I'm getting the impression he was all over the shop today.

Paula Ormaechea to beat Simona Halep @ 9/4 BET 365 Strength (7/10) I'm probably not as confident about this as my stake suggests but what the hell, If you can't have a bit of fun at the start of a Slam, when can you. I do however think this is a 50-50 sort of match and out of all the matches on the women's side that I've scanned, this one sprung out straight away as a potential upset. The young Argentinian Ormaechea has qualified for this event(and her first Grand Slam) at the first time of asking, and on a surface she has barely played on. That is impressive. She absolutely destroyed the capable American Coco Vanderwaeghe in the qualifiers and dropped only one set in her next two matches. She's already well established on clay but in the off-season she has obviously pushed on and is trying establish herself in all surfaces. She has a very compact game and is feisty on court, which isn't too dissimilar to her opponent Simona Halep. Halep has been around for a while despite her young age, but she hasn't really kicked on. If anything she's regressed. She remains very capable on her day but is too prone to checking out in matches when things go against her. She showed that again against Wickmayer last week, losing the second set 6-0 after being upset by a line call in a competitive first set. If Ormaechea starts fast and takes the first set, which with the momentum she's built up is entirely possible, then you wonder how much resistance the Romanian will put up. Regardless, I think a buoyant and in form Ormaeachea is worth a punt here. :hope
:nana The big one came in at least. This young Argentinian is quite a talent. She's not bad at tennis either ;)

Kenny De Schepper - Sam Querrey OVER 33.5 GAMES @ 4/5 BET 365 (5/10) Querrey still hasn't recovered the form of a couple of years ago, and here he is up against 6'8" tall Frenchman Kenny De Schepper. I can see him continuing to labour here against a guy with massive serve, and who should come in motivated after being given a wild card by the French Federation. He had a ropey end to last season but showed very capable form on hard courts before that, and so with two guys with big serves and mediocre returns, this line looks a little low to me. :hope
Then I go and ruin it by being a silly little twat with this one. Caligulari was bang on about De Crapper. Apparently these courts are slowish so he was always going to be in trouble, still thought he could have covered the line though, especially when you see Greg Jones take a couple of sets off Dolgo. Lots of tough results going around. Grand Slams really are a bit of a minefield at times.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Today I have two matches first is Belluci vs Sela-over 39.5 @ 1.91 Belluci is good player but very poor mentally and Sela is average player and he is just not good enough i'm sure that they are going to give their best here in Australia and five sets seems possible My second match is Rosol vs Petzschner-over 38.5 @ 2.01 They are very close on ranks and they play similar tennis so it should be very close match it should cover 38.5

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Incredibly topsy turvy night of results. Finished Monday's play with +3.62 pt profit which I'll take, some real shithouse performances from the likes of Jovanovski too. Slider, great call on Ormaechea, call of the round from what I can see.....:ok

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Michael Bachinger vs Ryan Sweeting - Ryan Sweeting to win @ 21/20 with 32Red - 3 Points Both players are pretty even in terms and aspects talents .. both have pretty huge serves and both can volley decently and possess pounding groundstrokes from the back of the court. The one thing that does seperate them though in my eyes is the proneness to imploding, Bachinger is a headcase and when he starts to draw unforced errors, he starts to draw unforced errors. Sweeting possesses more composure and is better in clutch. I'd concern myself over this if it was a best of 3 set encounter, however the fact its best of 5 leaves me with a fair bit of confidence Sweeting will do the job.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Seppi vs Gasguet - Over 36.5 games @ 17/20 with Unibet - 3 Points Gasguet should win this, as its a best of 5 and the likelyhood of him having a torrid time of it for long enough is little, however I can see Seppi causing him quite a few of problems. Should take a set.

2/10 Kohlschreiber -1.5 set tb. Monaco @ 2.07 SBOBET :wall Don't know. Odds maybe a little bit high. Kohlschreiber not in the best form of his life, but he can take Monaco in max. 4 sets. 2/10 Tomic - Verdasco over 39.5 games @ 1.96 SBOBET :nana Tomic the youngster against a good Spanish player. I think this is a very close match. The winner will take the match in 4 or 5 sets. 3/10 Cetcovska tb. Morita @ 2.02 Nordicbet :nana Reason above by other users, great odds! 3/10 Isner - Mitchel under 31.5 games @ 1.95 Unibet Isner will take this match easy. 6-4 6-4 6-4 is enough for this bet. I don't see value in other matchpicks. Isner is a great server on this surface and don't play good the last week, but he can take this match easy. 4/10 Berlocq tb. Huta Galung @ 1.85 Nordicbet :nana I think the Bookmakers will underrated Berlocq here. Huta Galung is not a fantastic player . It's a miracle that he will play this tournament. 4/10 Mannarino +8 games tb. Del Potro @ 2.10 5Dimes :nana Del Potro was terrible bad last week. Mannarino playing very well the last weeks and i don't think that Delpo this match will win easy. 5/10 Kuznetsov - Nadal under 27 games @ 1.87 Betsson :nana Rafa like to play this matches. Everytime he will win this matches quickly and i think Kuznetsov win max. 5 or maybe 6 games. 8/10 Rochus tb. Phau @ 1.45 Nordicbet :nana Phau are overrated here. Okay he win a nice qualify, but Rochus playing very well the last weeks. I don't like the handicaps here, but Rochus can choke maybe one set. Great value in this ML. 3/10 Haas - Kudla over 36.5 games @ 1.91 12Bet :nana Low line. But Haas is not the youngster player in this tournament. He can't win this in 3 easy sets. Kudla playing good in the qualies and i think he can win minimum 1 set. 4/10 Young tb. Gojowczyk @ 1.63 5Dimes :nana Why everybody like the German? Okay, he played a very nice qualification. But everybody forget Young can play very nice on this surface. He don't play good the last weeks, if he played better the last weeks this was a 10/10 spot. I think Young can win this match against the German if he will play good.
Very good night :D.