** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Australian Open 2012

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Full house for me despite Sharapova getting hammered. Didn't bother getting up early to watch it but looking at the highlights, seems that Azarenka was comfortable from the mid point of the first set onwards. Sharapova just about covered the serve speed handicap and only managed the 1 ace so brings a win for IAG as well. Paes/Stepanek played really well though and fully deserved their win. +12.30 for me today then, bringing my overall to +38.47 with just the men's final left.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Well done to Czech btw. The top 4 getting through to the men's semis as well as calling the Azarenka outright are top shouts :clap:clap Hopefully Nadal can beat Djokovic so we'll have 2 outright winners in the forum :hope

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Sharapova UNDER 2.5 aces @ 2.00 (Ladbrokes:3pts)
WIN, Relatively comfy one this. Was eating at the time and missed the one ace she did hit but as I said in the post, her serve isnt really a weapon these days and the stats backed it up this event. Even money was a nice price, was expecting reverse odds really 1.72 for unders, 2.00 for overs. Some nice calls in here again. All down to the big one now.

Paes/Stepanek vs Bryan / Bryan The American twins pair it is clearly overrated for me here. They had problems in every match and their confidence is not at the highest moment. In Sydney they won in two tiebreaks against Paes/Stepanek, but I think these two guys are too experienced for not understanding what has to be done today! I think they will surprise everyone here and will beat the Americans! Paes/ Stepanek to win @ 3.00 with Sportingbet
WOW!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 A small loss in the two womens semi finals leaves me with +4 units profit for the tournament. Happy to have turned such a profit after an awful first round here. I might look to get a bit more involved in the tennis again going forward. Congrats to all those on Azarenka this morning, did fancy her to get the win but lack of big game experience put me off. Thought I’d been proved right after the opening two games when she was all over the place but a great performance from then onwards. Good calls on the Stepanek / Paes doubles win too. Just one more for the tournament, lets hope I can finish it off with a win :hope Novak Djokovic vs Rafa Nadal – over 38.5 games 1.83 at Stan James (1 unit) Both guys had strong starts to this competition but have looked a little bit more vulnerable in the closing stages and because of that I can’t see either winning this with a whitewash 3-0. If we do get 4 or more sets then this bet has a great chance of coming in. Djokovic inexplicably dropped a set vs Hewitt in the 4th round and then conceded two sets to Murray in the semi final. Ultimately his class shone through in that match but from the reports I’ve read suggest that he looked a little vulnerable at times, and this is something that Nadal may be able exploit as Murray did. That match would have taken a lot out Djokovic and having an extra days rest is a huge positive for Nadal. I do still favour the Serb to win this as he has done in the last 6 encounters vs Nadal but can definitely see Nadal being able to trouble Djokovic maybe more than he has done in the recent past. Indeed in all the last 4 hard court matches between these two none have been won in straight sets which again bodes well for this bet.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal over 39.5 games 4/5 skybet what a match we have here between two of the best players in the world if it is half as good as the last two grand slam finals then we are in for a treat my only worry is that nadal sometimes does not play his best against him that is why his opponent has beaten him in the last two ocassions but his semi final victory has persuaded me that he is back to his best and can give his rival a good match these two players should at least win a set and the sets being close

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Cheers ImLovingIt, unlucky on the overs. The Bryans just haven't looked convincing this week. Might be partly down to one of them is expecting a baby anytime so their minds could have been somewhere else. Paes and Stepanek played really well though and the Indian could have another doubles trophy by the time I wake up tomorrow :lol Onto the final then and I'm taking +38.47 into it with Nadal essentially being 7/1 to win the match. As you'll see though, that isn't putting me off the Spaniard in the slightest. Rafael Nadal to beat Novak Djokovic- 13/10 Bet365- (4/10) Rafael Nadal Over 19.5 games- 5/6 William Hill- (5/10) Rafael Nadal to win 3-1- 9/2 William Hill- (2/10) Very rarely will I back one of my outrights in the final but this price looks too high on Nadal in my opinion. Before I saw the prices, I would have had Nadal at around evens with Djokovic the slight favourite purely because of last year. So this just looks like value on the Spaniard in a match I think he will win. Now I know there's been a lot of talk about potential injuries with Djokovic but they seemingly haven't affected him as he's into the final but to me, he really doesn't look right. Against both Ferrer and Murray, he wasn't anywhere near his best and he looked exhausted for large parts of the match. That's something we didn't see from the Serb at all last year and that really makes me fancy Nadal. Ferrer just lacked a decent serve whilst Murray lacked composure and conviction and Andy really should have punished Djokovic in the semis whilst he was down but a little like Federer actually, he couldn't keep hold of the momentum for very long. Now whether those fitness concerns with Djokovic were genuine or not is left to be seen, but I'd be astonished if he was anywhere near 100% coming into the final given the way he's looked in his previous 2 matches. One has to remember that Nadal only played the 4 sets in the semis and has had an extra days rest which could be crucial and with Nadal's forehand looking good and serve extremely effective over the past couple of weeks, feel he has a real chance here. Now if both guys were at their best, you'd be backing Djokovic all day every day but the fact is he isn't, not to me anyway and given the way the Serb owned Rafa last season, there's no doubt how hungry Nadal will be for this one and should look to be as ruthless as he can when Djokovic is struggling; something which Murray didn't do. Towards the end of his match against Federer, he was hitting winners on both sides of the court and really working Roger and if he continues from where he left off, I think he'll have his chances to win the match and ultimately I think he'll wear Djokovic down and get some revenge from the defeats from last year. Saying that, I'd be hugely surprised if Djokovic didn't win at least a set, perhaps even the first but in the end I'd fancy Nadal to pull through. If the Serb wins a set, given how I think Nadal will take the match, he should win at least 20 games in the match. Even if he does lose the match which I hope doesn't happen, he could still cover the line by winning a couple of sets or even just one with some tight sets around it so I'll back the Spaniard to cover this line. Just a smaller bet as well on the correct score. It's the score Murray should have gone on and won the match with really but he just didn't bully the Serb enough. Nadal from what I've seen will though and if he takes the initiative early on, with the expectancy I have of Djokovic winning a set, I'll hope he runs out a 3-1 winner and ends the tournament well for me personally.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Over 39.5 Games @ 1.81 Sportsbet/Paddy Djokovic for mine is still the favourite but I think the Murray game will have taken a bit out of him and give Rafa more of an opening. I can see this being very close in the first two sets, with hopefully a tie breaker in the 1st or 2nd. Nadal will of course never give up so as long as Djokovic doesn't lose the first two sets I see a very nice path for this total to go over. Nadal 3-1 @ 5.25 Sportingbet Going against grain somewhat in that I still make Djokovic the favourite, but he looked tired at times against Murray and Ferrer and his SF match wont have helped matters. I think we will see Djokovic start well and probably take one of the first two sets, but if Nadal can get momentum going in the third I'm not sure Djokovic will have enough left in the tank to get back against Nadal.

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Djokovici vs Nadal I think that Nadal has a big chance of winning today. He looks good all over the place, very determined and very well from tactical point of view. I also think that the match with Murray has affected Djokovic' fitness level, but also I think that Nadal is at his best. Both struggling with injuries, Nadal befor ethe tournament, Djokovici with Ferer, but they were powerful enough to overpass these things. I think Nadal can win here, but will not see definitely here another marathon! under 40.5 games @ 1.91 with centrebet

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 AO final 09:30 Djokovic N. - Nadal R. 1.70 @ unibet 5pts I will make it very simple here, IMO Djokovic is taking this title once again. First today its a big day for Serbian sports as they have finals in AO tenis, Waterpolo and Handball euro championchipt. Waterpolo they will take, Handall they are host and they are close to taking that...and in tennis its Novaks time! Djokovic has proven against Murray that there is no giving up, they had a growling match with +10mn games on Djokovic serv and he passed all that...Nadal was great till now returning very good, but his serv is to bad and who ever looked at their past matches could so that Djokovic owns Nadals serv and that chances are bigger that Novak will break Nadal then Nadal will break Djokovic...1.70 on Novak I'am taking it!

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Nadal to bt Djokovic @2.310 Pinnacle Did wait with the bet until the weather conditions will be clear, and it is 32 degrees centigrade 15 minutes before the match starts, relative humidity about 40 percent, and Djoker will have the hard time against Nadal. Djoker wins by being able to get every ball the opponent places into the court, but this weapon is going to betray him today.

A small loss in the two womens semi finals leaves me with +4 units profit for the tournament. Happy to have turned such a profit after an awful first round here. I might look to get a bit more involved in the tennis again going forward. Congrats to all those on Azarenka this morning, did fancy her to get the win but lack of big game experience put me off. Thought I’d been proved right after the opening two games when she was all over the place but a great performance from then onwards. Good calls on the Stepanek / Paes doubles win too. Just one more for the tournament, lets hope I can finish it off with a win :hope Novak Djokovic vs Rafa Nadal – over 38.5 games 1.83 at Stan James (1 unit) Both guys had strong starts to this competition but have looked a little bit more vulnerable in the closing stages and because of that I can’t see either winning this with a whitewash 3-0. If we do get 4 or more sets then this bet has a great chance of coming in. Djokovic inexplicably dropped a set vs Hewitt in the 4th round and then conceded two sets to Murray in the semi final. Ultimately his class shone through in that match but from the reports I’ve read suggest that he looked a little vulnerable at times, and this is something that Nadal may be able exploit as Murray did. That match would have taken a lot out Djokovic and having an extra days rest is a huge positive for Nadal. I do still favour the Serb to win this as he has done in the last 6 encounters vs Nadal but can definitely see Nadal being able to trouble Djokovic maybe more than he has done in the recent past. Indeed in all the last 4 hard court matches between these two none have been won in straight sets which again bodes well for this bet.
:ok Looks like most peoples overs are also sorted as well.

Nadal to bt Djokovic @2.310 Pinnacle LOSS
In all honesty, Djoker is a beast :-) Actually, I went big on him LIVE at 1.55 when he managed to grab the second set after challenging bad linesman call (too many bad calls against him today, that's for sure), and it seemed that he is not tired at all and starts to remeber Rafa's number. I felt rather sorry for this after Rafa broke him in the fifth. But in the end, despite hardly moving at all, he won. I'll be damned if I go against him again :lol

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 Super final to round off a super tournament. Thought Rafa had it when he fought back to take it to a 5th, but that backhand up the line that he missed at 4-2 to make it 40-15 was huge I feel. Credit to Djokovic though. To play a 5 setter against Murray and then beat Nadal in a match lasting a year and a half is nothing short of phenomenal. Quite where Nadal goes I really don't know with this loss. Huge blow for the Spaniard, interesting to see how the French goes now. +3.16 for the final though giving me +41.63pts for the tournament which although could have been so much better with various outrights, I'll take everyday of the week for a grand slam. Especially after I had a rotten couple of days at the start of the tournament so pretty pleased with the outcome. Won't be involved too much in the tennis until the French now as I'm back at uni so have tons of reading and essays to do so my input will be pretty limited for a while. This tournament and the couple of darts world championships have been extremely profitable for me personally so overall ecstatic with my Christmas activity. :cheers Well done to everyone else in profit after the tournament. Czech, Dylan and IAG amonst others had some really good calls throughout the tournament and looks to have been a good tournament for the thread. Bring on the summer. :clap:clap

Novak Djokovic vs Rafael Nadal over 39.5 games 4/5 skybet what a match we have here between two of the best players in the world if it is half as good as the last two grand slam finals then we are in for a treat my only worry is that nadal sometimes does not play his best against him that is why his opponent has beaten him in the last two ocassions but his semi final victory has persuaded me that he is back to his best and can give his rival a good match these two players should at least win a set and the sets being close
i was worried when in the fourth set nadal was three break points down as the overs bet would not have won if he lost the set and another thing did anyone see nadal challenge a call when he wanted his shot to be out anyway great betting guys you really know your stuff