** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Chardy vs Dimitrov - Dimitrov to win @ 8/13 with BlueSquare - 5 Points Extremely confident on this one, Chardy is in diabolical form and even when he isn't I wouldn't ever give the one trick pony a chance up against an up and coming top 30 ranked player in Dimitrov over the duration of a best of 5 set match. He's too eratic and not in the same league from the baseline, whilst he will prove difficult to break for perhaps one set, once the errors start coming from his racket they will notch up at quite a rate. Dimitrov has impressed me a lot and I see him outwitting Chardy on court even if Jeremy serves and volley's well.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Tomic vs Verdasco - Tomic to win @ 8/13 with StanJames - 4 Points Okay so its the young Australian pusher against the ever most eratic Nando, for me this match can only go in one way and that's a comprehensive victory for Bernard. Bernard shows he rises to the occasion at last year's Wimbledon and he also showed he is not flustered by it, having produced some stella performances in recent weeks and kind of the end of last year, I can easily see the Australian frustrating the Spaniard into mistake after mistake. Verdasco has not been anywhere near what he is capable of performance wise and has imploded on court several times already since the new year. I can see this occurring, he doesn't fair well against counter punchers tbh and he won't fair well against counter puncher Tomic who also has the avid support of the Australian crowd. Aussie, aussie, aussie .... OY, OY, OY!!!!!

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Hi guys, 2 new picks for the Australian Open tomorrow: ROCHUS TO DEFEAT PHAU @1.59 on betfair TOMIC TO DEFEAT VERDASCO @1.59 on betfair Rochus is just a better player overall. He must be a little tired after playing in New Zealand this weekend, but he should be very motivated for the Grand Slam. I think on hard courts Tomic is already a better player than Verdasco - great return of serve and better from the baseline playing in front of the home crowd.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Have a few more added to earlier Nalbandian and Melzer bets. Seems some other punters are on the same wavelength. Nadal vs Kuznetsov UNDER 27 games @ 1.926 (Pinnacle:4pts) Nadal doesnt look too great in recent months but I dont envisage any problems for him at this early stage against an average player like Kuznetsov. He had a good qualifying run, and beating Sugita in 3 is a good result, but Nadal on a big court is a different matter. Also worth noting that he did lose 4 and 1 in Sydney to Bobby Reynolds the week before. I'd expect one or two very comfortable sets which should give the line a chance. Almagro vs Kubot OVER 36.5 games @ 2.020 (Pinnacle: 5pts) Really like this line. Almagro is a huge clown, loves to make life difficult and play longer matches than he should. You can see examples of this in most events he plays. Kubot is a good player on his day, can serve and volley at the net, could make life difficult here. I would be surprised if either play took this down in 3 and there's a possibility of tight sets and momentum shifts I think. Jovanovski to bt Dellacqua @ 1.526 (Pinnacle:3pts) Better player who is on the rise, couple of comfortable wins over Dellacqua already incld one this year. Paire +6 games vs Wawrinka @ 1.943 (Pinnacle:3pts) Will take a chance on Paire here, seen him a few times and never really rated him, bit of a headcase but he does have talent and it appears that things may be coming together for him a bit in 2012. Coming in with decent form after reaching the 1/4's in Auckland. Obviously Stan is the superior player and deserved fave but he does have a tendency to make life tougher for himself, can go walkabouts at times. He did lose to Go Soeda in Chennai this year, and his other match that week was a 3 set win over Roger-Vasselin 7-5 in the final set making loads of errors, plenty of rust on Stan's part. I'm willing to go with a small stake to see whether Stan can actually take this one relatively comfortably. GL!.......:hope

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Troicki, V vs Ferrero - Over 38.5 games - 17/20 with UniBet - 3.5 Points Two fairly evenly matches players when you balance out the basis of talent, form and skill under pressure. Both can beat top 10 players on their good day, yet at the same time can both also lose to top 70 players on their bad day. Neither has shown much remarkable form, Ferrero had a decent finish to last year whereas Troicki kind of faded, however Troicki has had more match time pre-Australian Open. I would personally just give the edge to Ferrero, unlike the bookies, however I can say for sure neither will win this in straights, so the games line looks healthy.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 A Barty vs A Tatashvili - A Barty to win @ 9/4 with BlueSquare - 2 Points I watched A, Barty in the Australian Wild Card play offs in late December and it was obvious to see she is an up and coming prospect for the future. Reminds of Laura Robson for Great Britain. Tatashvili recently lost to another Australian player ranked in around the same mark as Barty, so I'm willing to put a bit of money on the young 16 year old pulling this one off. She has the home crowd and it would not suprise me in the slightest.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Laura Robson vs Jelena Jankovic - Laura Robson (+6 Game Handicap) @ Evens with Bet365 - 3 Points Robson is just waiting to burst on to the scene and who says she can't make her real mark in this match right here at the Aussie open? The last time they played, at Wimbledon, 2 years back, Jankovic came out eventual winner in a closely fought tussle, 6-3, 7-6. Jankovic can be a headcase also from time to time and I see Robson being inspired by the big occasion and with nothing to lose, so this handicap game line should easily be met.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Had a look at the prices now and taken a fair few for the women. Haven't had a proper look at the men's side of things so I'll do those later. Don't think I've ever taken this many for the WTA in round one but the card looks pretty decent. Caroline Wozniacki (-6.5 games) to beat Anastasia Rodionova- 4/6 Coral- (4/10) Agree with Psycho on this one but I'm taking the handicap although I do expect the unders to come through as well. I don't see Wozniacki having too many problems in this one as her defensive skills should be the undoing of the Australian here. Rodionova can hit winners, but also be horrible at times and really go for balls which are nowhere near in the slot to be hit. That suits Wozniacki greatly and with her natural game being to return as many balls as possible, that will frustrate Rodionova in the long term and her morale should really drop. If Caroline gets in front here, it's hard to see Rodionova mounting a fightback so have to take the number one to win this comfortably like she did in their previous meeting where she won 6-2 6-0. Laura Pous-Tio (+7.5 games) to beat Francesca Schiavone- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (3/10) This line for me looks huge for the Italian to cover and it's basically suggesting Pous-Tio won't win 5 games in the match which looks strange to me. Granted she hasn't played this season and her best results come on the clay, but saying she can't hold 5 games is a bit of an insult. For one Schiavone doesn't ever seem to do 'easy' in the grand slams, and she was involved in some real epics last season against the likes of Marino, Paszek and Scheepers amongst many others so in my opinion you cannot back her in the early rounds to play her opponent off the court. She may well win easily in 2 sets, but 5 games isn't a lot for the Spaniard to win here. She managed to cover this handicap against the likes of Stosur, Azarenka and Goerges last season and I see no reason why she can't take 5 games off Schiavone. Laura Robson (+5.5 games) to beat Jelena Jankovic- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Have a bit of interest in this match as a Brit and think Robson can put up a decent fight like she has shown she can do in the past. She qualified with ease for the tournament, not dropping a set in her 3 matches and this could be the season where she makes a shoot up the rankings and breaks into the top 80 or so. She'll have to improve her challenger results to do that but at the grand slams she usually raises her game when she plays the better players. She managed to beat Kerber last year at Wimbledon before pushing Sharapova all the way and gave Ivanovic a good game in Tokyo so she clearly has it in her to perform well. Robson also performed well against Jankovic back in 2010 at Wimbledon, losing 6-3 7-6 which should give her some confidence coming into this one. Jankovic certainly isn't the player she used to be and you always feel she is vulnerable with whoever she plays. She can still pull out some good results but she is far more erratic than she used to be so Robson should be able to create some chances for herself. She'll be able to create some angles with her lefty serve so I'll back her on the handicap here. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (+6.5 games) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Actually think this is a decent matchup for the American and she should be able to push Radwanska in parts now she has a couple of wins under her belt. She missed virtually all of the American hard court season last year which was a shame as that's usually where she has her best results but she beat Pironkova at the Hopman Cup and easily beat the Australian youngster Barty over in Hobart so there's signs she has recovered from that shoulder injury that kept her out of the USO series. Radwanska is actually one of my favourite players on the WTA tour but I'm never totally convinced by her in the grand slams. She's never made it past the quarter finals in any of the 4 tournaments and for a player with her quality, you would have to say that is an underachievement given she can beat anyone on her day. Last year is a prime example of this, as she fell victim in the second round at both Wimbledon and the US open in just the second round, whilst at the Aussie Open she almost fell at the first hurdle to Date-Krumm so there's enough to suggest that she is vulnerable in the early stages of the slams. Mattek-Sands is certainly no mug and can trouble the likes of Radwanska, and she is certainly capable of keeping a set close if not pinching it and if she does that, she should cover the handicap. Varvara Lepchenko (+5.5 games) to beat Daniela Hantuchova- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Backing another underdog here on the handicap as the American comes into this match off the back of impressing in qualification. She dropped just 7 games in total in her 3 matches so she clearly has taken to these courts well which is a good sign. Last season she performed well against the likes of Wozniacki and Wickmayer and took a set of Kirilenko in Sydney so it looks as though she is playing well this season. Hantuchova has also started the season really well after making the final in Brisbane but she's another good player who struggled in the slams last season. She was beaten in the first round her 12 months ago, likewise in the US open so whether that will play on her mind a bit I'm not sure. I do expect her to win though as she should have some confidence given her results from the past couple of weeks, but given Lepchenko has won 3 matches on these courts with consummate ease, I fancy her to keep it tight in parts with the Slovak and if she does that, she should cover the handicap.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012

Had a look at the prices now and taken a fair few for the women. Haven't had a proper look at the men's side of things so I'll do those later. Don't think I've ever taken this many for the WTA in round one but the card looks pretty decent. Laura Pous-Tio (+7.5 games) to beat Francesca Schiavone- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (3/10( This line for me looks huge for the Italian to cover and it's basically suggesting Pous-Tio won't win 4 games in the match which looks strange to me. Granted she hasn't played this season and her best results come on the clay, but saying she can't hold 4 games is a bit of an insult. For one Schiavone doesn't ever seem to do 'easy' in the grand slams, and she was involved in some real epics last season against the likes of Marino, Paszek and Scheepers amongst many others so in my opinion you cannot back her in the early rounds to play her opponent off the court. She may well win easily in 2 sets, but 4 games isn't a lot for the Spaniard to win here. She managed to cover this handicap against the likes of Stosur, Azarenka and Goerges last season and I see no reason why she can't take 4 games of Schiavone. .
Looks a good bet that, as you said Schiavone usually has some pretty strenuous matches early on Grand Slams. Pous-Tio should cover that, but doesn't she need to win five games? Either way, I might follow you there. Can see alot of long matches on the men's side, as mentioned Kubot - Almagro (although I do think if Almagro cuts out the clownery a bit he could dispose of Kubot very quickly, as he tends to win sets very comprehensively against him) as well Fish-Muller and a few others.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Yeah sorry mate, doing these write-ups as soon as I've woken up has taken it's toll. Thank's for pointing that out. But yeah I'm just not convinced by Schiavone in the early rounds given her results. Think the Spaniard should be good to cover the handicap.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Actually taken a few others in the WTA that I forgot to write up. Bojana Jovanovski (-3.5 games) to beat Casey Dellacqua- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) I backed the Serb a couple of weeks ago when these two met and I really see no reason why she won't cover this handicap. I've spoken a lot about her and how I fancy her to break into the top 30 at some point in the foreseeable future and given she seems to play her best stuff down under, this handicap looks on the low side to me. She took a set of Zvonareva 12 months ago which shows her talent, and in both of the meetings between her and Dellacqua, she's won with ease. The Australian will have home support but that shouldn't be enough as she really struggles away from the challenger events so I'll back the Serb to cover the handicap and make it 3 wins in a row. Petra Cetkovska to beat Ayumi Morita- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) The fact that Cetkovska hasn't yet played this season really doesn't put me off here. As Psycho has mentioned, Cetkovska has a good serve and is pretty powerful which doesn't bode well for Morita who does struggle with players such as Cetkovska. The Czech had a really good season last year, and made it to the final in New Haven, beating Radwanska, Bartoli, Li and also Morita comfortably in the process. Morita won't have too much confidence I can't imagine given she has lost both of her matches this season but the problem lies in Cetkovska's power and that's the main reason I fancy her to prevail here. Kimiko Date-Krumm vs Eleni Daniilidou- Tie Break in Match- 11/4 Bet365- (2/10) Now given the last tie break bet I took in the WTA really didn't work out, don't be surprised if this ends 6-1 6-0 :lol However Date-Krumm has a tendency to play some lengthy matches and a lot of tie breaks which makes me feel this price is worth a punt. One of her most memorable matches from last year was her defeat to Venus Williams at Wimbledon in which there was a tie break and if you were to look through the veteran's results from the season, you'll notice she is no stranger to the 7-6 scoreline. Daniilidou has been involved in a tie break in 4 of her 5 matches this season so again she's familiar with them and given these stats, I'll have a little nibble at the chance of a tie break being played here.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Muller +2.5 sets vs Fish @ 1.714 (Pinnacle:2pts) Fish is not exactly pulling up any trees at the minute and he's had a number of tough matches in Australia down the years. Muller can be tough when he gets a rhythm on serve and I fancy him to nick a set in this one. Wozniacki/Rodionova UNDER 17.5 games @ 1.83 (Paddy Power:3pts) Only concern is whether Woz is still having some trouble with that wrist. If not she should win this one well. Good opponent for her to get some confidence in this event, Rodionova doesnt have the power to make Woz sweat, her boring defensive game should frustrate the Aussie. Unders for me.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Ivan Ljubicic tb. Lukas Lacko @1.72 ,Bet365 ,7/10 stake! These odds look juicy,and I think they are this high because of the fact that Ivan has yet to play a match in 2012,while his opponent has show a rather good display of performances in the qualifiers here ,without droping a set and losing only 11(eleven) games in 3 matches.Not bad at all ,but take into consideration that his adversaries were at least two classes below Legenda!Lacko also tried reaching the MD this year at Doha,but failed having been beaten in R2 qualifiers by Igor Sijsling 5-7,5-7.Ljubicic has been in Melbourne preparing for the tournament since the 4th of January,and I think that's a pretty good indicator that he'll be up for the challenge and eager to get his tennis season underway!Legenda is the 30th seed in Melbourne and has to defend R32 points , although I don't really think there is a motivational problem when you're playing at a Grand Slam.Head to head ,Lacko leads suprinsingly 1-0 ,having won the first encounter between them in 2010 in 3 sets in Zagreb.Legenda will even the score now. Carlos Berlocq tb. Jesse Huta Galung 1.72@Bet365,5/10 stake! Wow!The boys from the Neatherlands have surely overachieved in the qualifiers ,with both Igor Sijsling reaching the final round of the qualifiers and Jesse Huta Galung reaching the MD of the AO.Well,two of them at least,De Bakker seems to be on a slippery road downhill.Anyway,back to our game,I have to say , watching Berlocq's game against Verdasco in Auckland really entertained me.Berlocq showed he is in a superb fittness condition chaising down balls 3 metres behind the backline and really forcing Verdasco to hit yet another shot all the time,which at times really frustrated the spaniard.He lost that game 5-7; 6-7 ,but his game was quite impressive at times.Huta Galung was on fire ,in his last two qualifying games beating in R2 Zampieri 6-0 ;6-0!!! and in the final qualifying round David Guez 6-4;6-0.He lost one set in the first match against Greul ,6-3.I think the pressure of a Grand Slam appearance will push hard upon the dutch,and he'll really struggle with Berlocq's constancy to retrive balls back in his court. Good luck!

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Final 2 for me. Not really much that stands out to me with the men to be honest. Tomas Berdych vs Albert Ramos- Under 27.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) Don't see Berdych having too many problems here. He started the season well with 4 wins out of 4 in the Hopman Cup and although he lost to Tomic last week, Ramos really hasn't got any weapons in his game like Tomic to trouble Berdych. The Spaniard spends most of his time on the clay where he plays those longer slower point, something Berdych won't allow. The Czech should just dictate this match from point one, and it's hard to see how Ramos will stay close to him. He was hammered 6-2 6-1 by Tsonga in Doha which shows how he hasn't got the game to stay with the top guys and with this line covering a 6-3 6-3 6-3, I don't see Berdych winning any worse than that. Mardy Fish vs Gilles Muller- Over 38.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) If both guys win at least a set here, this line should be covered I'd imagine as I expect most of the sets to be pretty tight. Fish has the better all round game but if Muller serves well, he's extremely hard to break as Murray and Nadal have found out in the past 12 months or so. Interestingly, carrying on from last season, the last 5 of Muller's matches have gone to 3 sets which shows how his games go on for a bit. Fish hasn't started the reason particularly well and has had some real battles at the Aussie Open down the years so Muller should be able to hold his own for the majority. I'm not ruling out a Muller win here, but as I fancy a few of the sets to be close and a potential couple of tie breaks to be played, think I'll stick with the overs in this one.

Had a look at the prices now and taken a fair few for the women. Haven't had a proper look at the men's side of things so I'll do those later. Don't think I've ever taken this many for the WTA in round one but the card looks pretty decent. Caroline Wozniacki (-6.5 games) to beat Anastasia Rodionova- 4/6 Coral- (4/10) Agree with Psycho on this one but I'm taking the handicap although I do expect the unders to come through as well. I don't see Wozniacki having too many problems in this one as her defensive skills should be the undoing of the Australian here. Rodionova can hit winners, but also be horrible at times and really go for balls which are nowhere near in the slot to be hit. That suits Wozniacki greatly and with her natural game being to return as many balls as possible, that will frustrate Rodionova in the long term and her morale should really drop. If Caroline gets in front here, it's hard to see Rodionova mounting a fightback so have to take the number one to win this comfortably like she did in their previous meeting where she won 6-2 6-0. Laura Pous-Tio (+7.5 games) to beat Francesca Schiavone- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (3/10) This line for me looks huge for the Italian to cover and it's basically suggesting Pous-Tio won't win 5 games in the match which looks strange to me. Granted she hasn't played this season and her best results come on the clay, but saying she can't hold 5 games is a bit of an insult. For one Schiavone doesn't ever seem to do 'easy' in the grand slams, and she was involved in some real epics last season against the likes of Marino, Paszek and Scheepers amongst many others so in my opinion you cannot back her in the early rounds to play her opponent off the court. She may well win easily in 2 sets, but 5 games isn't a lot for the Spaniard to win here. She managed to cover this handicap against the likes of Stosur, Azarenka and Goerges last season and I see no reason why she can't take 5 games off Schiavone. Laura Robson (+5.5 games) to beat Jelena Jankovic- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Have a bit of interest in this match as a Brit and think Robson can put up a decent fight like she has shown she can do in the past. She qualified with ease for the tournament, not dropping a set in her 3 matches and this could be the season where she makes a shoot up the rankings and breaks into the top 80 or so. She'll have to improve her challenger results to do that but at the grand slams she usually raises her game when she plays the better players. She managed to beat Kerber last year at Wimbledon before pushing Sharapova all the way and gave Ivanovic a good game in Tokyo so she clearly has it in her to perform well. Robson also performed well against Jankovic back in 2010 at Wimbledon, losing 6-3 7-6 which should give her some confidence coming into this one. Jankovic certainly isn't the player she used to be and you always feel she is vulnerable with whoever she plays. She can still pull out some good results but she is far more erratic than she used to be so Robson should be able to create some chances for herself. She'll be able to create some angles with her lefty serve so I'll back her on the handicap here. Bethanie Mattek-Sands (+6.5 games) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Actually think this is a decent matchup for the American and she should be able to push Radwanska in parts now she has a couple of wins under her belt. She missed virtually all of the American hard court season last year which was a shame as that's usually where she has her best results but she beat Pironkova at the Hopman Cup and easily beat the Australian youngster Barty over in Hobart so there's signs she has recovered from that shoulder injury that kept her out of the USO series. Radwanska is actually one of my favourite players on the WTA tour but I'm never totally convinced by her in the grand slams. She's never made it past the quarter finals in any of the 4 tournaments and for a player with her quality, you would have to say that is an underachievement given she can beat anyone on her day. Last year is a prime example of this, as she fell victim in the second round at both Wimbledon and the US open in just the second round, whilst at the Aussie Open she almost fell at the first hurdle to Date-Krumm so there's enough to suggest that she is vulnerable in the early stages of the slams. Mattek-Sands is certainly no mug and can trouble the likes of Radwanska, and she is certainly capable of keeping a set close if not pinching it and if she does that, she should cover the handicap. Varvara Lepchenko (+5.5 games) to beat Daniela Hantuchova- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Backing another underdog here on the handicap as the American comes into this match off the back of impressing in qualification. She dropped just 7 games in total in her 3 matches so she clearly has taken to these courts well which is a good sign. Last season she performed well against the likes of Wozniacki and Wickmayer and took a set of Kirilenko in Sydney so it looks as though she is playing well this season. Hantuchova has also started the season really well after making the final in Brisbane but she's another good player who struggled in the slams last season. She was beaten in the first round her 12 months ago, likewise in the US open so whether that will play on her mind a bit I'm not sure. I do expect her to win though as she should have some confidence given her results from the past couple of weeks, but given Lepchenko has won 3 matches on these courts with consummate ease, I fancy her to keep it tight in parts with the Slovak and if she does that, she should cover the handicap.
Totally agree with all these assessments!! good luck fishy!

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Kenny De Schepper - Sam Querrey OVER 33.5 GAMES @ 4/5 BET 365 (5/10) Querrey still hasn't recovered the form of a couple of years ago, and here he is up against 6'8" tall Frenchman Kenny De Schepper. I can see him continuing to labour here against a guy with massive serve, and who should come in motivated after being given a wild card by the French Federation. He had a ropey end to last season but showed very capable form on hard courts before that, and so with two guys with big serves and mediocre returns, this line looks a little low to me. :hope

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Kimiko Date Krumm to beat eleni daniilidou at 4-6 boylesports 3 points This is the standout bet of the tournament for me! Daniilidou is considered a veteran these days (feels like she's been around forever) and yet she's playing a woman who is 12 years older than her (a full career)! Krumm at 41 continues to defy science by competing strongly with top class players that are often 20 years younger than her! She's started off 2012 with a bang by winning the challenger event in quanzhou....beating players that some consider the future of the sport (caroline garcia in the semis and timea babos in the final) and comfortably at that! She's shown that she can still compete with the cream of the crop last year....who can forget her classic tussle with Venus Williams at wimbledon last year losing 8-6 in the third or even her classy effort against Radwanska in the aussie open last year just falling short 7-5 in the third! In fact, judging by her results last year, it seems that she just hasn't played the big points well enough often losing very tight matches against top players. But her form is strong against lesser opponents and she finished off 2011 strongly beating baltacha in the final at poiters, while losing to morita in the final at taipai! Her opponent today really isn't a world beater these days.. Daniilidou isn't a particularly good match up for krumm...krumm, much like aggassi in his later years, likes to take the ball on early boss the points, move her opponent from side to side and avoid being put on the run! Daniilidou won't be giving her that kind of rhythm, she'll attack the net any chance she gets, throw in plenty of slices and drop shots! However, even at that...I still think once Krumm can get the upper hand in a ralley she's got far more firepower off both wings than daniilidou and will basically out hit eleni who is prone to make lots of unforced errors as it is! Daniilidou's form isn't great either with losses this season already to the in-form bratchikova and Czink (all be it tight matches). The other good point for krumm is that she's not up against an exhausting opponent that will make no unforced errors and chase every ball down much like soler-espinosa did in the first round of US open last year! Overall, I just feel like the match is on krumms racket, maybe the bookies are being ageist again, but Krumm has been performing on a much higher level than daniilidou of late and I just feel that she'll have too much class! 4-6 looks like value )) good luck folks...there's been great tipping on the site this year....czech punter in particularly deserves a medal!!

Good luck for the Open chaps :ok As fishy25 said, I'm not really posting as much as I did anymore, but I'm still enjoying reading the banter on this thread. Loads of tips from many people here tonight, hope there will be profit all round :hope

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Hi all I used to enjoy following and having a little flutter on the tennis but lost a bit of interest in the middle of last season due to time constraints and admittedly a bit of a hit and miss run. However I decided to try and get back into it this season and see no better place to start than this great grand slam. Having not followed the sport much since the middle of last year I do feel i'm a little out of touch so will take it easy for the first few rounds and see what happens. I usually stick to the WTA as thats where i've had the more successes in the past. My first picks of the slam are below, maybe not the most exciting selections but want to see if I can build a bit of profit early on. Stephanie Foretz Gacon vs Elena Baltacha – Baltacha to win 1.50 at Coral (2 units) Not the most exciting of odds or picks but have to fancy the Brit to come thorough this tie. Having followed Baltacha’s career it’s likely that she may not make it easy for herself, but she has developed a lot more consistency and mental strength in the last year. She has a decent record here as well having progressed to round 2 in all the last 3 years. The same can’t be said for her opponent. Casey Dellacqua vs Bojana Jovanovski – Jovanovski to win 1.50 at Coral (2 Units) Think this one has already been mentioned at least once in this thread, but Jovanovksi should have too much strength for Dellacqua in this one. Certainly if the H2H are anything to go by this should be the case with the Serb winning them both with considerable ease. Did think the handicap was an option but Jovanovski has had a so-so start to the season and may take a bit of time to warm up here. I remember last season she came into this slam having reached the semi’s in Sydney. Polona Hercog vs Julia Georges – First Set Total Games = over 9.5 1.91 at bet365 (1 unit) Every single one of the sets that these two have played against each other (5 in total) have gone over this games line and I see no reason why the first set here couldn’t either. Although Hercog had a decent year in 2011 I still think Georges is ultimately the better player, but she has been suffering from a sickness bug in recent weeks and has only been able to train in the last few days. Hercog and her trainers will no doubt be encouraging her to test Georges in the opening stages of this match to see how well she has recovered. Irena Pavlovic vs Marina Erakovic – over 20.5 games 1.92 at Bwin (1 unit) Despite the difference in rankings I fancy a tight and perhaps long match between these two. The H2H reads 1-1, and although Erakovic won the only game between these two on these same hard courts in the Aussie Open qualifiers last year that was a three setter with 32 games. There is no doubt that Erakovic is ultimately the better player but she has had a difficult first couple of games of the season and hasn’t got any momentum going yet. The same can’t be said for Pavlovic who has performed admirably through qualifying beating two higher ranked opponents, and getting an easy ride in the final round as her opponent picked up an injury. I feel there is chance that Pavlovic could take a set or atleast keep Erakovic on her toes for most the match. :hope Also i'll use my unit values as a gage of confidence but its unlikely that 1 unit here will be the same value as my 1 unit in my football bets, a tleast not until I feel my way back in. Good luck to everyone else getting involved. Some of the write ups so far in this thread have been excellent and very informative. :clap

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Looking very carefully and giving up the pace of the nights for watching tennis in the last 2 weeks, brought me to these pre-tournament conclusions: Hantuchova to reach the last 8 @ 17 with Sportingbet This girl plays very well and will be one of the best here despite being on 21st WTA and being defeated by Kvitova and Kanepi. Those 2 were better, but what Daniela has to pass til last 8 are Clijsters and Na Li. Both being defeated by her! Clijsters had healthy problems and those might come back, while Na Li I will take here as back up of this bet and also think that is lot weaker than Daniela, IF Daniela catches her best days. Na Li to reach the last 8 @ 2.50 with Sportingbet Na Li showed determination in all her games and is the type of the tennis player that comes from behind to know you out! She is a natural winner and she has shown great tennis play! If she will meet Clisters she will beat her. If she will meet Hantuchova, I think she will be out. If not, I am ready to take my reward! Marion Bartoli to reach the last 8 @ 3.75 with Sportingbet Bwin offers 2.64 for that and is that is the real price! Bartoli was one my banker these days and I think she can come with her perfect serve towards the top 4. We know she can have horrible days, but if she will play with Stosur or Vinci she can beat them all. I think that Q4 will be Bartoli vs Kvitova! Will the top 4 seeds all reach the tournament semifinals? - yes @ 5.00 with bwin I am sorry for many, but I do not think that Tsonga is going to put problems to Andy Murray. Federer showed class as usual and results again, Nadal is still to prove himself and to all that he can be again no 1, while Nole, as much as I do not like him (cause he has beaten Federer and Nadal :))) will be again in the final, at least! These guys are going to show again moments of dominance over the other fellows and the odd is not at all something that you can afford to lose!

Sport Tennis
Event Ayumi Morita - Petra Cetkovska
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 2.02
Reasoning First round, women`s side of the Australian Open we have a meeting between japanese Ayumi Morita and czech Petra Cetkovska, both right-handed and at the 2nd encounter after Cetkovska won it in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2 at New Haven (hard). Looking at both players we can imediately determin that Morita is more of a hardcourt player while Cetkovska likes more clay but still she managed to play a pretty number of hard games. Morita, ranked 51st in the world right now is coming from a 2011 season not that big if it wasn`t for the round of 16 she made at Dubai where she beat players like Kvitova and Mirza just to lose to Wozniacki in a very clear manner, 1-6, 0-6. On the other side Cetkovska, ranked 33rd in the world another promicing czech player is playing for the first time this season, coming after good 2011 year overall record of 52-21 from which 24-8 just on hardcourt (outdoors), winning one ITF title and playing another final where we add the biggest blow, at New Haven where she reached final (lost to Wozniacki, 4-6, 1-6) but not before dealing with players like Morita, A. Radwanska, Bartoli and Na Li as a qualifier. This in my oppinion is pretty clear to me, Cetkovska has better serve and very good playing style for hardcourt and should win this clearly. Morita unlike the czech has allready played 2 times (in two different tournaments) and lost both of them, at Auckland against Zheng and at Hobart against Gajdosova. Win Petra Cetkovska.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Dimitrov -3 games@ 1.77 Pinnacle OK, so you wont be seeing me lots in tennis section, but this one despite that i dont follow tennis i got to take. I saw Dimitrov in Hofman cup and man can he play, some excellent points from him and Fish was in frustration and disbelief then - also in doubles, which i watched only because i just loved the way this Bulgarian played. Dimitrov just outclased Mardy in that match. I reckon that Fish is better than Chardy and the form Dimitroy showed should allow him easy win here. Probably my last bet in tennis for 2012 but simply must take this one.

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 I just dont get this Dimitrov love in here, ok so he played out of his skin in the hopman cup and did well against Mardy Fish, big deal. Hopman is an EXHIBITION event so really dont take anything from it from a betting perspective! Also Fish is going to rapidly decline this year in my opinion, last yr he totally over achieved IMO and already the cracks are beginning to appear. Now lets take a look at "baby federer" as he is called, from what i see it all much ado about nothing with Grigor, he flatters to decieve as such. Over the last year he has lost to such illustrious opponents as Tursunov/ Karol Beck/ Gabashvilli (YES GABASHVILLI!!) world number 338 Denis Bloemke/ Rajeev Ram ranked at number 272 no less! / Dutch sensation Igor Sijsling/ Bolmogolov, and interstingly enough ... a certain Jeremy Chardy, who demolished him in 3 easy sets at another slam in the french open. Now I not saying he wont win tonight but the price to me is really all about the hype that this extremely overrated player commands, his ambition is to be world number 1 but my opinion is that he wont crack the top 20. When you take a look at Chardy,yes he is not in great form but he did the right thing last week by winning a challenger tournament...on hard courts with some ease. As for tonight I think Grigor has it all to do, and lets not forget he retired from his match only a week ago while trailing 0-3 to that other superstar of tennis ADAM FEENEY (Rank 1512)!! I am goin against the grain tonight and backing Chardy to expose the young constanly over rated Dimitrov 5pts Chardy to beat Dimitrov 2.66 on Betfair, yes please!!

I just dont get this Dimitrov love in here, ok so he played out of his skin in the hopman cup and did well against Mardy Fish, big deal. Hopman is an EXHIBITION event so really dont take anything from it from a betting perspective! Also Fish is going to rapidly decline this year in my opinion, last yr he totally over achieved IMO and already the cracks are beginning to appear. Now lets take a look at "baby federer" as he is called, from what i see it all much ado about nothing with Grigor, he flatters to decieve as such. Over the last year he has lost to such illustrious opponents as Tursunov/ Karol Beck/ Gabashvilli (YES GABASHVILLI!!) world number 338 Denis Bloemke/ Rajeev Ram ranked at number 272 no less! / Dutch sensation Igor Sijsling/ Bolmogolov, and interstingly enough ... a certain Jeremy Chardy, who demolished him in 3 easy sets at another slam in the french open. Now I not saying he wont win tonight but the price to me is really all about the hype that this extremely overrated player commands, his ambition is to be world number 1 but my opinion is that he wont crack the top 20. When you take a look at Chardy,yes he is not in great form but he did the right thing last week by winning a challenger tournament...on hard courts with some ease. As for tonight I think Grigor has it all to do, and lets not forget he retired from his match only a week ago while trailing 0-3 to that other superstar of tennis ADAM FEENEY (Rank 1512)!! I am goin against the grain tonight and backing Chardy to expose the young constanly over rated Dimitrov 5pts Chardy to beat Dimitrov 2.66 on Betfair, yes please!!
Oh yes, I like it. Fighting talk against the public bet. There's been more shillings thrown on BabyFed than you've had pussys in your life, yet you're slapping your balls on the line and backing a Frenchman who has the mental capacity of a two-year-old terrapin. Thing is, I can see where you are coming from here. The odds do look big on Chardy. Only things I'd like to add, for the sake of balance, is that Jezzabel is best on clay, because he has time to wind up his wholly erratic forehand, and that he only beat a pile of stinking merde in New Caledonia a few weeks ago. This match is pretty simple, in terms of Chardy. He turns up and plays his best tennis and he'll hit Dimitrov off the court, because the rodent Bulgarian is a poor defender, especially on the backhand wing. Or, we see Tardy Chardy - more common prototype - who hits the ball wide and long and gets terribly emotional and self-implode like a man made of dynamite. Dimitrov is normally best against higher ranked opponents, as he focuses more. I've seen lots of games when he goes horribly frigid when he comes across low-rent players. I'd be wary of that fact. Dimitrov is the more talented player but he likes a banana skin and this could be it. Christ, I've rambled on more than Father Ted himself yet I'm not even remotely aroused by this encounter. Good luck to those testicle-deep in this one :ok

Re: Australian Open Tennis 2012 Tomic over Verdasco: 7/10 1.68 bwin These are two players whose careers are going in the opposite direction. Tomic is already on e of the smartest players on tour, Verdasco one of the dumbest in the history of the sport. Tomic will exploit his weaknesses til he starts to miss Muller v Fish - over 37.5 games 6/10 (over 35.5 games 1/10 - all I was allowed with Paddy Power) What needs to be said here? Two massive servers so breaks should be at a premium. Fish has had a poor start to the season and had an interrupted off season with injury so he's liable to lose a set here, which should be enough to bring this home. Almagro v Kubot over 35.5 games - 6/10 Panbet Nicolas Almagro is famous for his early slam marathons on outside courts and this should be no different. They played at Roland Garros last year and it went five sets and I expect something similar here. Almagro has an awful return game so he'll find breaks against the serve and volley Pole tough to get. De Schepper v Querrey - over 32.5 games - 4/10 Panbet/Marathonbet I don't really trust De SChepper from the baseline but given his massive serve he can keep this close for a couple of sets. 32.5 is too low. Gojowyczyk over Young - 2.68 - 3/10 Marathon Bet Speculative punt on the german baseed on his form in qualifying where he dropped just 9 games in three matches. Young is woefully inconsistent and his ranking is based largely on three good tournaments last year. He's unproven in slams especially outside USA and is fadable here. Davydenko x Montanes x Baghdatis x Melzer x Dolgopolov x Serra x Beck - 6.47 Ladbrokes 1/10 It would be wrong not to do a dumbass accumulator in the first week of a slam. Taken at one-ball book because of injury rumours surrounding Darcis. Melzer over Karlovic x Bogomolov over Riba - 1.96 Ladbrokes 7/10 Melzer has never dropped a set to Karlovic in five meetings while Gimeno just arrived in Melbourne yesterday and is likely here just to pick up his first round paycheck Gasquet -1.5 sets over Seppi x Baghdatis over Becker 6/10 Unibet Seppi has an awful record on hard courts against the better players while Baghdatis is in good form, loves Australia and should breeze past a Becker who is still along way from fully fit after a shoulder problem Federer Nadal Djokovic and Raonic all to win 3-0 1.86 bet365 6/10 They've all been handed delicious opening rounds. I'd be amazed if this one lost. Good luck everyone

Caroline Wozniacki odds on offer for this bet. Federer is in fantastic form at the moment and he is taking on the world #172 who has no weapons of note to cause any trouble. Federer should cruise through this game with no troubles at all. Rafael Nadal I've went for these in an accumulator, added Berdych http://www.paddypower.com/bet/tennis/mens-australian-open/C%2dBerlocq%2dv%2dJ%2dHuta%2dGalung-3374809.html] J Huta Galung v C Berlocq @ 1.83 Paddy Power Huta came through the qualifiers after a tough 1st round, played much better the next 2. Berlocq is more suited when playing on clay. Interesting that neither has won a match in the main draw in Melbourne. Reckon its going to be a tight one but i fancy Huta to nick it. [3/10]

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 WTA: Jovanovski vs Dellacqua Expect Bojana to win here and to maintain the good form she had in thi sstart of the year. Despite being defeated by Voegele, I rate her a much prepared player than her opponent. Besides, she won against her on the first day if this year in 2 straight sets! Bojana -3 games @ 1.70 with Nordicbet Benesova vs Johanson benesova was capable of beating Stosur this year and Safarova. She got 5 games from Clijsters and she lost with Ursula, but I think she wanted to have a week of holiday ahead of this tour. Johanson lost to Bratchicova and I think against a player like Benesova is will stand no chance! under 19.5 games @ 1.90 with Centrebet Safarova vs Mc Hale Safarova is the type of player that can win against anyone in this tournament. She has a great start of this season and everyone is wondering where is she going to stop. won impressively against Ivanovic for losing against na Li in a great match, losing second set in tie break. Mc Hale is on 43 ATP and was thrashed by Kuznetsova in the past days. Safarova -3.5 games @ 1.95 with Pinnacle Sports Lepchenko vs Hantuchova Daniela is going to start this tournament after a correction administrated by Kvitova, but the opponent here is an easy to take one. Lepchenko is on 127th spot WTA, but had some good matches in the qualifications. Hantuchova won against Vunci and Schiavone in 2 sets, so she wants another quick match here! under 19.5 games @ 1.72 with bet365 Wickmayer vs Voskoboeva The Belgian player is in a great run, despite the loss against Barthel. Voskoboeva is also a tall player, won with Dushevina in 2 sets without losing a game, winning 8 games against Schiavone. Yanina won against peer, Dellaqua and Halpe in straight sets and I think she can cover my line here. Wickmayer -3 games @ 1.85 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012 ATP: Wawrinka vs Paire I can't avoid this one. Paire might be overrated, might not have a good return all the way, but has a good serve and can win against a wawrinka which looked horrible against Go Soeda in Chennai. Paire showed good matches against Ferrero and Chela, also against Rochus against whom he suffered cause he got angry. I think Paire has arrived to a moment of his career in which he can detonate a bomb here! Paire @ 4.00 with Stan James Gojowczyk vs Young Two young players but in a great form we have the German Gojowczyk. 6-1, 6-1 with De bakker, 6-2, 6-1 with Zemlja, 6-1, 6-3 with Burquier while Young lost against falla, by taking 1 set. Gojowczyk plays good, has a greats erve and do not offers many chances of break. Young had 9 against Falla and offered 11. This is where the difference will be made! Gojowczyk @ 2.50 with Stan James

Re: Tennis: Australian Open 2012

Sport Tennis
Event Mannarino - Del Potro
Selection Mannarino +8.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87
Reasoning Adrian Mannarino played one time in career against Del Potro, and beat this guy on grass in 2011. Mannarino is excellent server, in this conditions feel great and I can't image too much break points for Del Potro. Del Potro of course is huge favourite here and 3-0 is very possible for him, but I not see more than one break per set.
Sport Tennis
Event Anderson - Nielsen
Selection Anderson -2.5 sets (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 2.60
Reasoning I see easy win for Kevin Anderson. Kevin Anderson is TOP20 player on hard courts, no doubts in this for me. Huge serve, strong shots from the baseline and not bad return. If have good day Nielsen can not have a single break point. For Nielsen main draw is big result, but in Q not have very hard opponents. Tonight I not give chances for him.
l
Sport Tennis
Event Danilidou - Date Krumm
Selection Danilidou
Strength 10/10
Date 16/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.77
Reasoning I see amazing value in this bet. Danilidou can't be big underdog in match against Kimiko Date Krumm. Odds dropping on the Krumm really fast, but why? Because won small tournament, not beat any TOP100 player.. Danilidou play good in Brisbane and Sydney against stronger rivals. Value