** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January

Arsenal has a good front line and I believe they are capable of scoring goals against Swansea\
oh really? in their last 6, they managed to score more than 1 only against Villa and actually both came from set pieces Against a team that has not conceded more than 1 goal in games played at Liberty, and that is pretty well organized, I think it is worth to back Arsenal

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swansea - Arsenal Even though Swansea have a good record at Liberty Stadium and lost only once against Man.United I would not rely on their home record in this game. My main reason is that they haven't played any top sides at home apart from Man.United. I would not consider 1-1 draw at home against Tottenham since the game was played during holidays when Man.United lost at home to Blackburn and Chelsea to Aston Villa. Meanwhile, I wouldn't back Arsenal to win here due to their inconsistent performance. The Gunners did not have two straight wins in their last 10 games, so after beating Leeds in FA Cup a draw here wouldn't surprise me at all. It's interesting that 80% of Swansea home games produced 2 or less goals, while 80% of Arsenal away games produced 3 or more goals. Arsenal has a good front line and I believe they are capable of scoring goals against Swansea, but they do miss some important players in defense, namely Mertesacker and Vermaelen so I definitely can't see them keeping a clean sheet. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill
Im going to go on this also , :hope:hope

Aston Villa - Everton Everton seems to be in serious trouble atm. They lack players who score goals and that has been evident in their recent games. They travel to Birmingham to face Aston Villa, who have not been convincing at home either. The last 2 games they commited a lot of defensive errors that cost them. But I guess this will finally change, and that their coach will put an extra attention to that. AV have some talent in their ranks and will want a win here, but it will be hard against a stubborn Everton side. What I'm pretty confident of is that the visitors will not get 3 points here, but a draw is surely in their reach. AV don't have many injury worries, while Everton will most probably miss Rodwell, Jagielka, Coleman and Osman. That is a blow and I think it'll be a tough day for them. AV draw no bet @1.68 5/10 pts AV win @2.4 2/10 pts HT draw @2.05 3/10 pts
small profit I expected Villa to finally win at home they may go down if they keep McLeish

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Don't know why but I think it's going to be a difficult afternoon for Arsenal tomorrow at Swansea They have not been impressing lately. Against Leeds, they were quite blunt in attack and failed to create goalscoring chances. And in previous games, against Fulham and QPR, they had their chances but failed to capitalise. Now Henry is back but it's a question whether he is in such a good form. Obviously there is a lot of enthusiasm around, but it's yet to be seen whether he could be the striker he used to be, now that he is 34 and hasn't play Premier League football for 4 years. But it's the Arsenal backline that is very concerning. A host of players will be missing and the back four should be: Djorou, Koscielny, Squilacci, Coquelin. Not impressive, to say the least. Arsenal kept only two clean sheets this season - one against Newcastle in the opening game and the other against Wigan. Now they travel to Swansea, to face a team that have a joint best home defensive record. And apart from that - quick players in Dyer and Sinclair, who certainly can take advantage of Arsenal makeshift defence here. Considering Arsenal absences, their lack of firepower in recent games, and the home solid team, I think that home fans will have something to cheer about come Sunday evening. My selections for the game: Swansea >1.5 goals @3.75 2/10 pts Swansea @4.75 2/10 pts Swansea + 0.5 @2.08 8/10 pts Swansea dnb @ 3.25 3/10 pts Swansea to win to nil @7.5 1/10 pts all bet365

Swansea - Arsenal Even though Swansea have a good record at Liberty Stadium and lost only once against Man.United I would not rely on their home record in this game. My main reason is that they haven't played any top sides at home apart from Man.United. I would not consider 1-1 draw at home against Tottenham since the game was played during holidays when Man.United lost at home to Blackburn and Chelsea to Aston Villa. Meanwhile, I wouldn't back Arsenal to win here due to their inconsistent performance. The Gunners did not have two straight wins in their last 10 games, so after beating Leeds in FA Cup a draw here wouldn't surprise me at all. It's interesting that 80% of Swansea home games produced 2 or less goals, while 80% of Arsenal away games produced 3 or more goals. Arsenal has a good front line and I believe they are capable of scoring goals against Swansea, but they do miss some important players in defense, namely Mertesacker and Vermaelen so I definitely can't see them keeping a clean sheet. Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.00 (3 units) William Hill
Isn't it pretty risky to take Over 2.5 in a game where the home team has only conceded 4 goals in 10 matches this season? From my experience, when a home team that's very defensive and doesn't concede a lot of goals plays against a team that scores a lot and concedes a lot, the outcome usually favors it being an Unders game although Arsenal could easily win this 2-1 or 3-1, but then again, they might win 1-0 or 2-0, they could even be held 0-0 or it could easily end 1-1. Heck, they might even lose 1-0. You also have to keep in mind that they played each other at the Emirates 3 months ago and Arsenal won 1-0. Granted, that was during Arsenal's rough patch and some games are very different depending on which turf the teams are playing, but I still think that says something. Even if they haven't played big teams other than United and Tottenham, they still conceded only once from each of them. Swansea have also had 6 out of 10 clean sheets this season and haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any of their home games. I think the match will see at the very most 3 goals but I just think it's more likely the game will end Under 2.5 than Over, and not 50-50% as the odds suggest. What's worrying me about the Unders is Henry scoring though haha because they haven't managed to score more than 1 goal in any of their last 4 matches against weak teams (Leeds, Fulham, QPR & Wolves). So my question again, isn't it a bit risky considering the stats?

Don't know why but I think it's going to be a difficult afternoon for Arsenal tomorrow at Swansea They have not been impressing lately. Against Leeds, they were quite blunt in attack and failed to create goalscoring chances. And in previous games, against Fulham and QPR, they had their chances but failed to capitalise. Now Henry is back but it's a question whether he is in such a good form. Obviously there is a lot of enthusiasm around, but it's yet to be seen whether he could be the striker he used to be, now that he is 34 and hasn't play Premier League football for 4 years. But it's the Arsenal backline that is very concerning. A host of players will be missing and the back four should be: Djorou, Koscielny, Squilacci, Coquelin. Not impressive, to say the least. Arsenal kept only two clean sheets this season - one against Newcastle in the opening game and the other against Wigan. Now they travel to Swansea, to face a team that have a joint best home defensive record. And apart from that - quick players in Dyer and Sinclair, who certainly can take advantage of Arsenal makeshift defence here. Considering Arsenal absences, their lack of firepower in recent games, and the home solid team, I think that home fans will have something to cheer about come Sunday evening. My selections for the game: Swansea >1.5 goals @3.75 2/10 pts Swansea @4.75 2/10 pts Swansea + 0.5 @2.08 8/10 pts Swansea dnb @ 3.25 3/10 pts Swansea to win to nil @7.5 1/10 pts all bet365
Totally agree with this even as an Arsenal fan. I dont rate us at all this season and without Van persie wed be fighting for 10th not 4th. Cant see us going there and taking all 3 points with our makeshift defence, i think its going to be a draw but will put quite a bit on swansea +0.5.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Newcastle misses strikers Ameobi and Ba (their best player and topscorer by miles) while QPR misses attacker Taarabt and playmaker Barton. Both teams have adequate defences and goalies and impotent attacks, should be an under game. UNDER 2.5 1.96 8/10

oh really? in their last 6, they managed to score more than 1 only against Villa and actually both came from set pieces Against a team that has not conceded more than 1 goal in games played at Liberty, and that is pretty well organized, I think it is worth to back Arsenal As I said in my earlier post even though Swansea have a good home record they are yet to play teams like Liverpool, Man.City, Chelsea and Arsenal at home. They lost 0-1 to Man.United but at that the Red Devils were not in their best shape and they rarely destroy teams away from home.

As I said in my earlier post even though Swansea have a good home record they are yet to play teams like Liverpool' date=' Man.City, Chelsea and Arsenal at home. They lost 0-1 to Man.United but at that the Red Devils were not in their best shape and they rarely destroy teams away from home.[/quote'] I wrote a post about this earlier as well and mentioned that the other big team they olayed at home was tottenham and that match ended 1-1. I think arsenal aren't as good as a team as tottenham or man utd. And so I don't think they will so as "well" especially without gervinho. I've also went to put 2 units on swansea +0.25 AH at half time as I don't see arsenal scoring in this tight game in the first half.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Considering all what it was said so far about the absences in the Newcastle vs. QPR game I'm gonna be jumping most probably on this fixture today but I won't stop at betting just on goals and I'll go into the card market also. C J Foy, the referee of this game has a loose hand sometimes, and sometimes he just holds the cards in his pocket. It would be risky I guess to be taking the total cards market, but instead I will be taking QPR to pick more cards than Newcastle. In last 5 games Newcastle picked 7 Yellow cards and 0 Red cards while QPR on the other hand has received 10 Yellow and 1 Red. Also this season, C J Foy refereed one of QPR's games where he handed out 9 Yellow and 2 Red cards ( Even tho' most of them went to Chelsea) and once on one of Newcastle's games ( vs. Manchester City) where he didn't pull out any card at all. Statistics favor this so I'll take Newcastle to be more disciplined than QPR. QPR -0.5 Cards @ 1,87 [3 Units] with Bet365 Half Time Under 1,5 Goals @ 1,40 [2 Units] with Bet365 Good luck everyone! :cheers

Totally agree with this even as an Arsenal fan. I dont rate us at all this season and without Van persie wed be fighting for 10th not 4th. Cant see us going there and taking all 3 points with our makeshift defence' date=' i think its going to be a draw but will put quite a bit on [b']swansea +0.5.
Agree aswell, however..... If Henry is playing his tip top off side game Arsenal might be able to nick one in! Lol All I See is a draw here though.

Chelsea v Sunderland In Chelseas 10 home games this season they have only kept one clean sheet against Wolves. They have scored in every game at home this season. Since Martin O'Neil has taken charge of Sunderland they have only lost one league game, his first in charge away at Spurs. That was also the only game they haven't scored in since he has taken charge. They have also scored in 7 out of there 10 away games. In Chelseas games at home 90% of these both teams have scored and in 60% of Sunderlands away games both teams have scored. With Luiz playing at centre back in the last few games they will always look vulnerable at the back. He's far too gung ho in going forward and always due a mistake. Sunderland have looked much more dangerous going forward since O'Neil has taken over and seems to of given them a real boost and pushed them higher up the table. Chelsea on the other hand have looked poor this season and vulnerable to a poor performance, summed up by them getting away with a last minute winner last time out against Wolves. BTTS looks good at 1.91 on William Hill, 5/10
Lost. Enough chances for Sunderland to score and arguably should of had a penalty

Blackburn v Fulham In Blackburns 10 home games they have scored in 7 of these ten games. 8 out of there 10 home games have gone over 2.5. There 10 home games have featured 34 goals and they have conceded 21 goals. They have yet to keep a clean sheet in any league game this season at home or away. Both teams have scored in 70% of there home games. In Fulhams 10 away games 9 have gone under. They have scored in 5 of these away games. Blackburn have well documented problems with more protests planned on Saturday against Steve Kean and Samba wanting out it won't be easy for them Saturday. With Samba also likely to miss the game they are looking weak in the defensive areas and I don't see them getting there first clean sheet of the season in this game. However in Yakubu they have the fifth topscorer in the division. With the threat they posses from set pieces aswell I fancy them to get a goal aswell. All of this points to BTTS at 1.67 (5/10) on William Hill
WBA v Norwich In Norwichs 10 away games they have only failed to score once at Man United in which they had several chances to score atleast one goal. They have scored 13 goals in 10 away games. WBA however have only scored in 5 of there 10 games at home this season. They have failed to score in there last 2 home games against Everton and Man City. 4 out of WBA home games have gone over 2.5 and 6 out of 10 of Norwichs away games have gone over. Norwich have yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season. I can see both teams scoring in this game and both sides chasing a victory late in the game leading to chances for both sides. WBA have a poor home record this season which reads 2-2-6. Norwichs away record is only slightly better at 2-4-4. However when you take into consideration the sides they have played away include, Everton, Man United, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea this record doesn't look to bad. In these games the picked up credable points at Everton and Liverpool. I don't see Norwich failing to score and I fancy them to get atleast a point. I can't see any justification for WBA to be at 2.05 when you consider they have only won one of there last 6 games at home. Norwich are also unbeaten in there last 3 away games. Over 2.5 1.80 (4/10) Norwich DNB 2.50 (4/10) Both at William Hill A few other games interest me in the corners market; in particular Liverpool v Stoke and Blackburn v Fulham but I will wait until the odds come up for these.
Profit. +7.53 for the round :nana

I wrote a post about this earlier as well and mentioned that the other big team they olayed at home was tottenham and that match ended 1-1. I think arsenal aren't as good as a team as tottenham or man utd. And so I don't think they will so as "well" especially without gervinho. I've also went to put 2 units on swansea +0.25 AH at half time as I don't see arsenal scoring in this tight game in the first half.
They played Tottenham on New Year's Eve during holidays, the same time all top teams apart from Arsenal dropped points.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Swansea v Arsenal Been struggling to find anything to get involved in today in either game. I'm very wary of taking Swansea on the DNB due to the style of football they play. There style is more likely to suit Arsenal opposed to a Stoke type side who get the ball forward quickly and in the air. If Arsenal were at evens I would be taking them for sure. Swansea have pritty much a full strength squad to choose from for this game. On the other hand Arsenal still have massive problems in defence, but they are helped by having Djourou back from suspension. Mertasacker and Rosicky are also doubts having been ill this week. Anyway, the one thing I can see is the corners market. Both sides play attacking football and both produce plenty of corners. In Swansea's home games there's an average of 11.8 corners and in Arsenals away matches there have been an average of 10.6 corners. So I'll take a punt on over 10 corners at 1.72 (3.50/10) on Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Aston Villa @ 2.48 :( Fulham @ 2.51 :( Losing 3-1 to a 10 man side is pretty poor Chelsea - Sunderland over 3.5 @ 2.61 :( There were chances for a few more goals to be scored, but it was not to be Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.24 :( Negative tactics by Dalglish. If i knew he was to play that formation, then the under was the play. Man Utd -2.5 @ 2.31 :D Tottenham -2.5 @ 2.85 :( Some very good goalkeeping prevented Spurs from winning this easily West Brom - Norwich under 2.5 @ 2.03 :( Ugly day :puke Season record: 91-111 (+9.90) Newcastle - QPR under 2.5 @ 1.90 pinnacle Newcastle are without Demba Ba so goalscoring could be an issue here. QPR's defence will be looking to be much more solid as they look to impress their new manager, as they have gone under in each of their last 3 away games, conceding just a goal in each of them. QPR too will find it hard to score against a Newcastle defence that has playd well at times this year, and with them missing attacking players like Taarabt and Barton, then they may have problems scoring here. They drew 0-0 earlier in the season at QPR and looks like that it may be a similar scoreline here. Swansea - Arsenal under 2.5 @ 1.80 centrebet Swansea have 6 clean sheets and allowed just one goal in the other 4 games in their 10 home games, so like them to do well here, and keep this game close, as they have gone under in 8 of these 10 home games. Arsenal have not been as free-scoring as they were last month as sides become much tighter especially in midfield to slow the service into forwards like van Persie. Swansea play a similar style to Arsenal's passing game, and both sides like to keep possession, which gives the opposition time to set their defences. Like this Arsenal defence to also keep Swansea's attackers in check as they can score on the easier teams but are not scoring as much against sides like Spurs and Man Utd. Arsenal won 1-0 earlier in the season and this looks like another low scoring game.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Not a good day yesterday with 1 win and 2 losses for a loss of 3 points.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventSwansea v Arsenal
SelectionSwansea or draw
Strength1/10
Date15/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 1.91
ReasoningSwansea at home are very difficult to beat and lets face it Arsenal are not the team they were for breaking teams down. I can certainly see Swansea scoring and not convinced Arsenal have 2 goals in them at the moment. Swansea also know a win here today could put them in the top 10 and a step closer to safety a loss however and they are being drsgged into as relegation battle
Close Window

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Newcastle - QPR This match is delicately poised in terms of value. Initially my thoughts were on backing Newcastle, though my initial thoughts of 54/28/18 had no value. With Ba and Tiote out they won't have that bit of extra goal instinct and quality from Ba and Tiote respectively. Though their defensive injurys are much better, their loss of strikers are a bigger loss. With Hughes in charge im thinking together with Newcastles situation unders seems a mug punt. Though 2 - 1 Newcastle is a very likely result, I think QPR are going to need abit of luck to score, with the likes of Barton, Taarabt and Faulin out. Traore will also be a slight miss being on duty also. The Toon is buzzing, and showed us that they can score against the best teams (I backed unders at good odds, only for Phil Jones to screw me up), though Utd that day were extremely poor. QPR start this game in the relegation zone and the owners are on red alert, with relegation a real possibility. Hughes isnt the best manager imo. He did a reasonable job at Fulham, though that was always overshadowed by the departure of Roy Hodgson. I hate to miss out games, so ive had to dig deep to find marginal value in: Under 2.5 1.910 Pinnacle 5/10 QPR+0.75 1.980 Pinnacle 5/10 Swansea vs Arsenal Conceading only 4 goals at the liberty is truely an achievement, though mostly thanks to Michel Vorm and his penalty saves. A home fixture against Arsenal, having progressed in the cup and with an excellent home form should be one to relish for the home crowd. Arsenal have Djourou back, though half their defense is still out with injurys, and should still look patchy. They were hardly tested against Leeds in the FA cup, so the recent clean sheet is of not much significance, against a team that tried to camp out a 0 - 0 draw. This fixture at the emirates earlier this season ended in a narrow 1 - 0 Arsenal win due to a rare blunder from Michel Vorm, though Arsenal did dominate most of the game, and was during Arsenal's miserable start to the season with extreme low confidence in front of their home supporters. Of course with the Tactics left by the Spaniard Martinez and the "delicate" tactics of Arsene Wenger, expect a game mostly played in the midfield area. With the style left by Martinez, creating clear cut chances will be hard against Arsenal, who should be better adapted for this kind of passing game. Though hoofing the ball long and hope someone might get onto it is probably a better tactic against Arsenals rough defense, though I doubt Swansea will change their tactics. Getting past the quality in Arsenal's midfield will be a problem to expose their patchy defense. Behind it all will be Szczesny, who will save anything unspectacular from Swansea. Swansea have a full squad., though Arsenal's extra quality should see them through. 1.800 for unders is abit short, i'd expect at least 1.850, though the odds on Arsenal have drifted nicely... Arsenal 1.935 Pinnacle 10/10 Arsenal -1.5 BF 3.800 3/10

Event Swansea - Arsenal
Selection Arsenal -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.35
Reasoning Arsenal should take all three points here or they will stay far of champions league spot behind their local rivals Chelsea. Arsenal has Thiery Henry back into the team he showed very good fit scored the winning goal against Leeds United to the FA cup. On the other hand Swansea is already four games unbeaten at home actually they hold 4-5-1 home record only Manchester United won there 0-1 earlier in December past year. However Arsenal stopped good teams in past few road games, they won 3-5 against Chelsea, defeat also Aston Villa, Norwich, Wigan 0-4 all these games on the road. I think Swansea luck should be stop today from Venger boys. Van Persie is a key to this game if he has a day nothing can save the host team.

Event Newcastle Utd - QPR
Selection Newcastle Utd -1.5
Strength 10/10
Date 15/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 3.00
Reasoning Newcastle last Premier League game was incredible they stopped categorically 3-0 the champion Manchester United. Demba Ba is in incredible fit in top of Newcastle offense he scored his 15th goal this season against United. On the other hand QPR is definitely in poor fit they lost six and drew two of last eight Premier League games sitting in relegation zone. Newcastle still has good chances to make the champions league spot and I think Demba Ba and Ben Arfa should take care about that scoring few goals more than QPR today.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Newcastle v QPR I havent seen any team news yet but we do have a problem today with Taraabt, Barton, Faurlin, Traore all certain absentees leaving our midfield decimated. The midfielders left to figure are therefore Mackie, SWP, Derry, T Smith and Buzacky It is likely therefore all 5 will figure at some point. The alternative is to put 5 at the back using an extra central defender. Helguson will lead the line i am pretty certain with support from 1 of Macheda, Bothroyd or DJ Campbell. SWP is due a goal as hasnt registered one yet this season. 12/1 isnt a great price considering that but he will get chances. My bets are SWP 1st goal 12/1 HT/FT Newc/QPR 50/1 HT/FT QPR/Newc 22/1 SWP t score 2 or more 60/1 all for a bit of interest whilst i bite my nails!!

EventNewcastle Utd - QPR
SelectionNewcastle Utd -1.5
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 3.00
ReasoningNewcastle last Premier League game was incredible they stopped categorically 3-0 the champion Manchester United. Demba Ba is in incredible fit in top of Newcastle offense he scored his 15th goal this season against United. On the other hand QPR is definitely in poor fit they lost six and drew two of last eight Premier League games sitting in relegation zone. Newcastle still has good chances to make the champions league spot and I think Demba Ba and Ben Arfa should take care about that scoring few goals more than QPR today.
Demba Ba isn't available mate - he's in the African Cup of Nations.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January 127. Newcastle - QPR QPR @ 5,61 Pinnacle CRACKER BET 128. Swansea - Arsenal Swansea win @ 4,50 William Hill Hello two high odds but big probability of QPR win 1. Newcastle without Demba Ba and Tiote 2. New manager at QPR Mark Hughes 3. Transfer between QPR and Newcastle in August - Joey Barton moved from Tyneside to London side. Even though he is suspended today he will motivate his new colleagues to beat his old pals - he has nothing against them but huge reservations against Mike Ashley or directeur sportive Derek Llambias - that's why he hates his ex club althoug he is welcomed by fans I see huge problems for Arsenal to win at Swansea - Tottenham a better side did not win there and despite Henry new spell this is not the same level anymore. Swansea is hard to beat at home, concedes few goals and Arsenal makes many defence or goalkeeping mistakes. Swansea can win today. There is something stinking with Arsenal odds few days ago we had 1,67 on them now nearly 2 - looks like someone huge lays Arsenal and even if they will win he will have big losses but I'm assuming he must know something more than we Good luck

Newcastle v QPR I havent seen any team news yet but we do have a problem today with Taraabt, Barton, Faurlin, Traore all certain absentees leaving our midfield decimated. The midfielders left to figure are therefore Mackie, SWP, Derry, T Smith and Buzacky It is likely therefore all 5 will figure at some point. The alternative is to put 5 at the back using an extra central defender. Helguson will lead the line i am pretty certain with support from 1 of Macheda, Bothroyd or DJ Campbell. SWP is due a goal as hasnt registered one yet this season. 12/1 isnt a great price considering that but he will get chances. My bets are SWP 1st goal 12/1 HT/FT Newc/QPR 50/1 HT/FT QPR/Newc 22/1 SWP t score 2 or more 60/1 all for a bit of interest whilst i bite my nails!!
Followed you with the speculative SWP first goalscorer bet. I agree it's a tad unlikely but he's an inconsistent little sh!t and it would be typical of him to have a stormer when he's playing for a new manager. 22 on Betfair

They played Tottenham on New Year's Eve during holidays' date=' the same time all top teams apart from Arsenal dropped points.[/quote'] I fail to see the logic behind that though.. So what if other teams dropped points in that same round? Unless you're suggesting that most/all of the big teams drop points at that same time every single year, then I don't think that's relevant to the fact that they held Tottenham to a 1-1 draw 2 weeks ago.

I fail to see the logic behind that though.. So what if other teams dropped points in that same round? Unless you're suggesting that most/all of the big teams drop points at that same time every single year' date=' then I don't think that's relevant to the fact that they held Tottenham to a 1-1 draw 2 weeks ago.[/quote'] What I am saying it that during that time of the year top teams for some reason are not playing well. Hence I would not take into account Swansea 1-1 Tottenham game.

What I am saying it that during that time of the year top teams for some reason are not playing well. Hence I would not take into account Swansea 1-1 Tottenham game.
hmmmm.... Well, I'm more convinced now that this game could easily end 2-1 to either side or 2-2 than I did yesterday so I will probably change the bets the I had in mind.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Swansea - Arsenal Selection Over 3.5 goals Strength 5/10 Date 15/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 3.75 Reasoning Arsenal plays more high scoring goals on the road than at home. For this game they are missing the Africans who are with their national teams. Gervinho, Song and Sagna are all out. Miquel should start as left full-back while Van Persie will be back in the team after being rested in the FA Cup. Swansea has been doing well. Only lost to Manchester United at home. A couple of players are returning into the the first team after the Cup game, including Sinclair. Like I said, Arsenal plays high scoring on the road, at the same time both teams want to play possesion football, so it should prove a rather interesting game.

I didn't see the spurs game, but from what I have read on the EFC forums etc, they went with a fairly attacking line-up. Also from match reports, it seems that they were ok for the first half hour or so. It got me thinking that with their defensive issues, Moyes has decided that attack (or attempted attack) is the best form of defense at the moment. Is that fair to say pg_yid? Did they come out a bit more than WBA? Once I heard the news re: Distin, I was very keen to look to oppose Everton in the coming games. As aidymac says, they were very poor at home to Bolton last week. They had less corners, goal attempts and possession, and it came as no great suprise that Bolton scored twice in the 2nd half, after Jagielka went off injured. After that game, Moyes was making noises about being down to the bare bones at the back, and so losing Distin was the last thing they needed. But I wonder what effect the signing of Darren Gibson will make. Will he make them more solid defensively / or at least make Moyes think that and so set up for a draw at Villa? I suspect he is not even match fit to start tomorrow anyway. Any Man Utd fans got a view on this? As I said I immediately started to look to take them on, and was disappointed that they were up against Villa next. Victor Chandler have January specials market for each of the PL teams. They are Total Jan points, goals scored and goals conceded. On the goals conceded, Everton have shipped 4 so far, and have Blackburn at home after tomorrow. The betting was 3.3 on exactly 6 goals (i.e. 2 more) and 2.75 on 7 or more (i.e. 3+ in next 2 games). These could be coupled for a price of 1.5, which I thought was a cracking price. Unfortunately it was long gone by the time I got into a VC shop. Not exactly the right thread, but looking ahead, Everton host Blackburn next week. It is not expected that any of their injured CBs will be back by that stage. Obviously the Samba situation is a concern, but there is no denying that Blackburn carry a goal threat. Bwin currently go 4.0 on the draw, and 7.5 on Blackburn. If you split your bet on these, you can achieve 5.625 on Blackburn DNB (only 4.33 elsewhere). I think this is cracking value, and have already gotten involved for small stakes. You can also get 1.83 with Boylesports on Blackburn to score, which looks another cracker given that Everton will have to push forward at home. Medium stakes on this already. Back on topic, and really can't see Everton having enough to win here. However as I have trust issues with Villa, will take them DNB. 3pts A Villa 0AH @1.74 - Ladbrokes :hope
PUSH