** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January

And I have time now to add reasoning for my two earlier ones. Liverpool -1 AH vs Stoke @ 1.70 (>Bet365:6pts) I expect Liverpool to win this match, so at worst I'd be hoping for a refund if it's by a solitary goal and they continue to blow multiple chances. Stoke are a good PL outfit, they've even picked up away from home against the lower sides like Wolves, Blackburn...but I rarely see Stoke do anything of note against the strong sides on the road. They tend to go down without a whimper. Liverpool had a good win in midweek at City, they've had no European football so should still be in good shape for this. Carroll is a donkey but there's some goal threat in there with Gerrard, Bellamy. Liverpool win for me and I'd expect Stoke to play a compact game, looking for a 0-0 or a lucky set-piece. Dont think it will work though.
Not so sure on this one. Liverpool have only won by two goals at home twice this season in there 10 home games. Also despite them having the second best defensive record in the league they have only kept one clean sheet all season. I'd be vary wary of taking them on the handicap

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back with earlier extremist views on the Premier league matches for this weekend. Villa vs Everton Villa are terrible. Mcleish as with birmingham made a similar start, though the 2nd half of their season have been nothing but downhill. Dunn is a real donkey, and cost me abit of money with he condeaded that late goal in the cup earlier, and none of the Villa players except perhaps Albrighton seems to actually care about the club. Bent goes where theres money, Nzogbia has failed to impress this season and Agbonlahor can only score goals vs donkey teams. Everton are solid. Their loss against Tottenham is nothing considering spur's form, and no doubt Everton will bring good support against an emptying Villa park. Im going to LAY Villa (Everton+0.5) at around 5/7 odds 10/10, Smarkets, Betfair. Now im going to smack in an early accumulator, just to get things going. Will probably revise bets tommorow and pick a few more, but for now: Fulham, Chelsea, Liverpool, West Brom, Man Utd, Tottenham @ around 17/1 Because im feeling so f*cking arrogant tonight I dont see any of these teams not winning. I'll wake up next morning and think "wtf am i doing here", and probably end up placing "serious united stakes" on something else that contradicts my accumulator :beer.
Everton solid? Have you seen them the past 2 games? They are also missing Jagielka and Distin, their 2 central defenders, they lack any creativity and are really struggling for goals. They were completely outplayed at Goodison by a shite Bolton team and were completely outclassed by Spurs, they barely got out of their half. I agree, Villa are bad. But at the moment Everton are even worse.

Chelsea-Sunderland Sunderland to score @1,72 4/10 bet365 Sunderland is highly improved under Martin O'Neill. He is a great coach in my opinion. He is 5-1-1 after taking charge of Sunderland. He could start such a good run despite having many players injured. Their defense improved as well as the offense. Chelsea is bad, coach AVB has a bad relationship with his players, the offense will miss Drogba and the defense is terrible. They conceded in 16 out of 20 matches. I prefer this bet as Sunderland will play a tight defense and Chelsea may fail to score. GL
Thank Lay also the Pensioners! ;)

Everton solid? Have you seen them the past 2 games? They are also missing Jagielka and Distin, their 2 central defenders, they lack any creativity and are really struggling for goals. They were completely outplayed at Goodison by a shite Bolton team and were completely outclassed by Spurs, they barely got out of their half. I agree, Villa are bad. But at the moment Everton are even worse.
I concur about Everton @ Spurs. Normally you see Everton sides come to the Lane and give us a hard game, very difficult to break them down. This time they were sloppy defensively, poor marking and gave the ball away a lot. And as you'd expect, they had nothing up front. Spurs were fantastic but Everton were poorer than I expected, they look a team short on confidence. West Brom were much harder to break down the week before.

I concur about Everton @ Spurs. Normally you see Everton sides come to the Lane and give us a hard game' date=' very difficult to break them down. This time they were sloppy defensively, poor marking and gave the ball away a lot. And as you'd expect, they had nothing up front. Spurs were fantastic but Everton were poorer than I expected, they look a team short on confidence. West Brom were much harder to break down the week before.[/quote'] Fully agree. Everton are usually renowned for being very solid defensively. Spurs had 62% possession and Everton didnt have a single shot on target in 90 minutes. They are missing Cahill, Rodwell, Osman, Barkley, Hibbert , Jagielka and now Distin, they have major defensive problems and although Villa are poor, i will be very surprised if Everton can come away with a result.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Villa and Everton are always priced up as though they're still top eight rivals. I think I've backed Villa on a + 0.5 AH the last two fixtures at Goodison, which resulted in a couple of draws in which Villa played well. Taking the lead I think. In fact Everton have only beaten Villa once at Goodison in the last seven attempts, which was a cup game. At Villa Park Everton have only beaten them once in the last eighteen fixtures. Given the fact Everton are missing such a core group of players and don't have much firepower anymore, you'd have to be nuts to back them IMO. Villa do look the pick of the round - anything above evens would grab me certainly.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January I might be wrong but wasn't it last year when Everton were playing Wolves away and they missed plenty of players and had to play youngsters (some of them did not even have a single Premier League game under their belts) and even though they managed to beat Wolves 3-0.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January West Bromwich-Norwich AH+0,5 2 @1,85 4/10 188bet WBA bad at home, just 2-2-6 and 7:12 goals at home. WBA will miss defender Reid (1 goal), midfielder Gera and captain Brunt (1 goal). Furthermore defenders McAuley (1 goal) and Olsson (1 goal), winger Thomas (1 goal), midfielders Scharner (2 goals) and Morrison (2 goals) and striker Long (5 goals) are all doubts. Although I expect 2-3 players being available. Norwich will get back keeper Ruddy after he missed last week's Cup match because of the birth of his daugher. Defender de Laet (1 goals) and Ward and striker Vaughan will miss with injuries. Ward and Vaughan are long-term absentees. Those players scored 14 out of 19 goals so far. Norwich is able to take something. They concede in almost every match therefore I expect a 1-1 or 1-2. GL

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Aston Villa v Everton A clash of two absolutely dire teams at Villa Park tomorrow afternoon. Everton couldn't hit a barn door at the moment, and showed that against Tottenham midweek (although Tottenham have been top notch defensively recently). Villa on the other hand, have lost their last 4 at home. Although 3 of those were against United, Liverpool and Arsenal - not really teams they'd be expected to beat. They're playing exactly how I'd expect an Alex McLeish side to play, and do not look good. However, with a fit again Darren Bent and Robbie Keane arriving on loan they have players who could find the net. Plenty of creativity on the flanks from Albrighton and N'Zogbia also. Everton look like handing a debut to Darron Gibson (not really the kind of signing they needed; a striker would have been better) and Shane Duffy is expected to start in defence. I'm not going with the draw option on this game, as I feel with Everton's injuries Villa may just have enough. The home team has been victorious in the games between these 2 that haven't ended in a draw. Aston Villa to win by exactly one goal @ 3/1 (with bet365) 4pts Under 2.5 goals @ 4/6 (with bet365) 5pts Liverpool v Stoke City Stoke have never won at Anfield, and I don't see that ending tomorrow. Liverpool are lacking fire power with the obvious suspension of Suarez and Carroll's inability to score, but Gerrard is back and his fitness levels are increasing by the game. Stoke lack goals away from home (8 in 10 away games in 2011/12) and we all know how strong Liverpool's defence has been over the last couple of months. I'm with the Reds to win this one. Liverpool to win to nil @ 11/10 (with bet365) 5pts Under 2.5 goals @ 19/20 (with bet365) 4pts May go with a cheeky punt on Gerrard anytime goalscorer @ 7/5 or even first goalscorer at 5/1. (1pt) :hope

Spurs were just too amazing, its like any team trying to give Man City at their peak... no one will have a chance against them. Form changes like british weather in the premier league. Blackburn playing bollocks then comes out and snatches a deserved win at old trafford. Even united playing badly but at home is extremely difficult to beat. Last year they did the same but only drew one at home all year vs WBA due to a Van der Sar blunder. Moyes is a real manager, unlike his counterpart Mcleish. In torrid times Moyes men will see things through, but all I see in Mcleish is relegation scrap. Though Everton are short on investment, Villa have become a selling club. Half the Villa club dont even care about how Villa does in the league and only cares about personal wealth and their reputation, but Everton have got some real players playing for the manager and the club. Villa are of course the favourites but i extremely tight even though they are at home with minimal home advantage looking around Villa park these days, thus the value on the Everton side. I see Villa have already drifted from 2.420 to 2.575 from last night. A draw occupys a very decent range of potential results.

Spurs were just too amazing, its like any team trying to give Man City at their peak... no one will have a chance against them. Form changes like british weather in the premier league. Blackburn playing bollocks then comes out and snatches a deserved win at old trafford. Even united playing badly but at home is extremely difficult to beat. Last year they did the same but only drew one at home all year vs WBA due to a Van der Sar blunder. Moyes is a real manager, unlike his counterpart Mcleish. In torrid times Moyes men will see things through, but all I see in Mcleish is relegation scrap. Though Everton are short on investment, Villa have become a selling club. Half the Villa club dont even care about how Villa does in the league and only cares about personal wealth and their reputation, but Everton have got some real players playing for the manager and the club. Villa are of course the favourites but i extremely tight even though they are at home with minimal home advantage looking around Villa park these days, thus the value on the Everton side. I see Villa have already drifted from 2.420 to 2.575 from last night. A draw occupys a very decent range of potential results.
Ok, so why did Everton get destroyed by Bolton at Goodison then? No value in Everton whatsoever, im sorry, its probably the worst price of the weekend.

I concur about Everton @ Spurs. Normally you see Everton sides come to the Lane and give us a hard game' date=' very difficult to break them down. This time they were sloppy defensively, poor marking and gave the ball away a lot. And as you'd expect, they had nothing up front. Spurs were fantastic but Everton were poorer than I expected, they look a team short on confidence. West Brom were much harder to break down the week before.[/quote'] I didn't see the spurs game, but from what I have read on the EFC forums etc, they went with a fairly attacking line-up. Also from match reports, it seems that they were ok for the first half hour or so. It got me thinking that with their defensive issues, Moyes has decided that attack (or attempted attack) is the best form of defense at the moment. Is that fair to say pg_yid? Did they come out a bit more than WBA? Once I heard the news re: Distin, I was very keen to look to oppose Everton in the coming games. As aidymac says, they were very poor at home to Bolton last week. They had less corners, goal attempts and possession, and it came as no great suprise that Bolton scored twice in the 2nd half, after Jagielka went off injured. After that game, Moyes was making noises about being down to the bare bones at the back, and so losing Distin was the last thing they needed. But I wonder what effect the signing of Darren Gibson will make. Will he make them more solid defensively / or at least make Moyes think that and so set up for a draw at Villa? I suspect he is not even match fit to start tomorrow anyway. Any Man Utd fans got a view on this? As I said I immediately started to look to take them on, and was disappointed that they were up against Villa next. Victor Chandler have January specials market for each of the PL teams. They are Total Jan points, goals scored and goals conceded. On the goals conceded, Everton have shipped 4 so far, and have Blackburn at home after tomorrow. The betting was 3.3 on exactly 6 goals (i.e. 2 more) and 2.75 on 7 or more (i.e. 3+ in next 2 games). These could be coupled for a price of 1.5, which I thought was a cracking price. Unfortunately it was long gone by the time I got into a VC shop. Not exactly the right thread, but looking ahead, Everton host Blackburn next week. It is not expected that any of their injured CBs will be back by that stage. Obviously the Samba situation is a concern, but there is no denying that Blackburn carry a goal threat. Bwin currently go 4.0 on the draw, and 7.5 on Blackburn. If you split your bet on these, you can achieve 5.625 on Blackburn DNB (only 4.33 elsewhere). I think this is cracking value, and have already gotten involved for small stakes. You can also get 1.83 with Boylesports on Blackburn to score, which looks another cracker given that Everton will have to push forward at home. Medium stakes on this already. Back on topic, and really can't see Everton having enough to win here. However as I have trust issues with Villa, will take them DNB. 3pts A Villa 0AH @1.74 - Ladbrokes :hope

Ok, so why did Everton get destroyed by Bolton at Goodison then? No value in Everton whatsoever, im sorry, its probably the worst price of the weekend.
Recent form doesnt mean anything in the premier league, havnt you been listening to what im saying? Everton are generally a solid team with the players they have.

Recent form doesnt mean anything in the premier league' date=' havnt you been listening to what im saying? Everton are generally a solid team with the players they have.[/quote'] I will say it again. Everton were ripped to shreds against Bolton and Spurs, they are solid when they have Jagielka, Distin, Cahill and Hibbert, they are missing their entire defence. Your case for them doesnt stand up at all for me, do you completely dismiss recent form and dont bother looking at injuries, because from what your saying it seems like all you did was say "Right, Everton are solid, Villa are poor, ill back Everton" without doing any research. Im not trying to have an argument, im giving my own opinion.

I didn't see the spurs game, but from what I have read on the EFC forums etc, they went with a fairly attacking line-up. Also from match reports, it seems that they were ok for the first half hour or so. It got me thinking that with their defensive issues, Moyes has decided that attack (or attempted attack) is the best form of defense at the moment. Is that fair to say pg_yid? Did they come out a bit more than WBA? Once I heard the news re: Distin, I was very keen to look to oppose Everton in the coming games. As aidymac says, they were very poor at home to Bolton last week. They had less corners, goal attempts and possession, and it came as no great suprise that Bolton scored twice in the 2nd half, after Jagielka went off injured. After that game, Moyes was making noises about being down to the bare bones at the back, and so losing Distin was the last thing they needed. But I wonder what effect the signing of Darren Gibson will make. Will he make them more solid defensively / or at least make Moyes think that and so set up for a draw at Villa? I suspect he is not even match fit to start tomorrow anyway. Any Man Utd fans got a view on this? As I said I immediately started to look to take them on, and was disappointed that they were up against Villa next. Victor Chandler have January specials market for each of the PL teams. They are Total Jan points, goals scored and goals conceded. On the goals conceded, Everton have shipped 4 so far, and have Blackburn at home after tomorrow. The betting was 3.3 on exactly 6 goals (i.e. 2 more) and 2.75 on 7 or more (i.e. 3+ in next 2 games). These could be coupled for a price of 1.5, which I thought was a cracking price. Unfortunately it was long gone by the time I got into a VC shop. Not exactly the right thread, but looking ahead, Everton host Blackburn next week. It is not expected that any of their injured CBs will be back by that stage. Obviously the Samba situation is a concern, but there is no denying that Blackburn carry a goal threat. Bwin currently go 4.0 on the draw, and 7.5 on Blackburn. If you split your bet on these, you can achieve 5.625 on Blackburn DNB (only 4.33 elsewhere). I think this is cracking value, and have already gotten involved for small stakes. You can also get 1.83 with Boylesports on Blackburn to score, which looks another cracker given that Everton will have to push forward at home. Medium stakes on this already. Back on topic, and really can't see Everton having enough to win here. However as I have trust issues with Villa, will take them DNB. 3pts A Villa 0AH @1.74 - Ladbrokes :hope
Everton did come out a little more than West Brom but that could be easily explained by the fact that they were chasing the game for a longer period of time. As for the first 35 minutes, I'd say they were quite defensive. It's difficult to tell really though, as they gave the ball away cheaply and we had a vast amount of the possession (62% in fact). The game was played in their half. They did play with two forward players in Saha and Donavan. It's funny actually, I've got this gut feeling that we could see a lot of goals at Villa Park. Not sure I'm going to put money on it, but I think it could be one of those games between two defensive sides which ends up 3-2 to either side. Everton need a positive result to lift them and I don't think Moyes will play for the draw in this game. I think both teams will want to win this one, and will see a draw as a poor result. Plus the fact that Everton have defensive injuries, like you say. 2.25 for overs with Bwin, something to consider maybe, especially if the price drifts.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Hi Kiddo, with regard Gibson, i dont think he will make much of an impact this weekend defensively, he is more of an attacking player that shoots as soon as he gets the ball. He doesnt have much defensive quality. Hope he does well there though, because hes a good lad.

Thanks for that pg_yid, appreciate it. I was thinking goals here as well, but really does depend on which Villa turn up. Maybe worth watching first 10 mins before getting involved.
You're welcome mate :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Everton has too many injuried players and showed very bad game last time. I think that Everton won't have chances in away. Aston Villa win is my bet! P.S. Sylvain Distin, Seamus Coleman, Tony Hibbert, Leon Osman, Jack Rodwell, Phil Jagielka won't play with Aston Villa. Very big loses in defense and in the middle. And I don't see good changes in Everton's defense.

Would you really back at 1.17' date=' for Man U, and 1.3, for Spurs? I think the odds are too low, I wouldn't back at anything under 1.5 for any of my bets. I think it's too prone to burn you, especially given the freaky results over the turn of the year.[/quote'] All depends on the full-time score, really. United win 5-0 and 1.17 was a gift. If the mans confident, good luck to him. Could turn out to be free money.

Thanks Aidymac. Yeah I have him as an attacking midfielder alright, just wondering whether given their current situation, that Everton might look to deploy him in a more defensive role. Obviously Fergie is not adverse to playing players out of position, but can't recall if Gibson was asked to do that. I know that there was talk of Phil Neville playing at CB, something he isn't keen in. I have since read some of Gibson's quotes having signed today. He says that as an attacking midfielder he hopes to make a difference going forward, when he gets match fit. So all told, unlikely he is a major factor tomorrow.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventVilla v Everton
SelectionVilla
Strength1/10
Date14/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ 2.37
ReasoningVilla at home look a good prospect against an Everton side who have lost their last 2 games. not even the arrival of Darron Gibson from United will help Everton here. Everton played in midweek and may also suffer from that with so many injuries at the moment especially in defence. Robbie Keane is a great signing for Villa and could be the difference on the day, his energy and enthusiasm will see Villa home here. Villa may have lost their last 4 at home but there bad home run will end here.
Close Window

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Chelsea - Sunderland Chelsea are not playing well at the moment and apart from their last FA Cup game against Portsmouth they have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 6 Premier League games. Moreover, they will miss some of their important players. Sunderland however have improved recently and have scored 11 goals in their last 5 games. Sunderland managed to score against Chelsea in the last 6 games and based on their improved form I can see them scoring against inconsistent Chelsea side. During their last visit to Stamford Bridge Sunderland won 3-0 and a year before that they lost heavily but still managed to score goals in a game that ended 7-2. Moreover, in 4 out of the last 6 games against Chelsea Sunderland scored at least 2 goals. Both to Score @ 1.91 (3 units) William Hill Sunderland Over 1.5 @ 4.50 (1 unit) Bet365

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January Aston Villa @ 2.48 pinnacle Villa have lost 4 straight at home, and they are struggling, but what makes them attractive is that they get Given back in goals, and they have signed a goal poacher in Keane, who has an eye for goal and may be just what they need to put one of their chances away. Everton are really struggling to get some consistency, and with several players out, especially key defenders like Distin and Jagielka, then either Keane or Bent should relish this opportunity to get on the score sheet. Everton do not have much up front, and though Villa do concede, unless they show more urgency when going forward, hard to see them scoring here. While these two teams ave drawn 5 of their last 6 meetings, Villa have won 3 and drawn 3 of their last 6 games at home to Everton, but with Villa the more likely of the two teams to score, then like their chances of winning this game. Fulham @ 2.51 pinnacle Blackburn are really facing the prospect of playing next year in the Championship, with players like Samba and Hoilett looking to play elsewhere, and with bids from other clubs starting to come in. Not sure what mood these players are in, and may not be as focused as they normally are, which should give a team like Fulham some hope here. Fuham on the other hamd, have some reasonable form, as they have lost just 2 of their last 9 games, and have a good defence that does not concede much, especially with a side like Blackburn that is in turmoil, can see them holding them out. Them themselves have some good attacking players like Zamora, Dembele, Ruiz and Dempsey who chip in with goals or assists, so can see them doing well against Blackburn, and adding further misery to their plight Chelsea - Sunderland over 3.5 @ 2.61 centrebet Important game for Chelsea to get their top 4 aspirations back on track, and with Torres likely to start up front, he may be more relaxed knowing that there is no Drogba to contend with to play in this position. Looking at the likely Sunderland defence, on his day, not much their for him to worry about. With Sturridge and Mata likely to give him some room to make his runs, like the Blues to do well here, especially as Sunderland have conceded in 7 of their last 8 games. Chelsea's defence has also leaked, as they have allowed a goal in their last 6 games, and with Terry under a fitness cloud, they cannot afford to be without him for this game. Sunderland have been playing much better of late with O'Neill in charge, and they will take it to Chelsea. Having scored in 7 of their last 8 games, then O'Neill will be confident in his side scoring, and is not a manager who tends to sit on results, so they will keep playing his way. These two teams have featured in some high scoring game in recent years and with 5 of their last 7 meetings seeing 4 or more goals scored, then can see goals in this game. Liverpool -1.5 @ 2.24 pinnacle Stoke were very fortunate to beat Liverpool at home earlier in the season and though Liverpool beat them in the Carling Cup, they will be looking to make up for it here. Liverpool are coming off a good defensive performance in beating Man City midweek, and with most of the team playing in this game, there is some concern for tiredness, but with the team sitting back in the second half, they would have had to put too much effort in defending when comparing to have to attack as well. Stoke like to play it high and long, but Liverpool have plenty of height in defence to cope with it. However they have their own player, Carroll, who likes the ball in the air, and with the return of Gerrard, they have a player who can provide him with quality balls to put away. Stoke have struggled at Anfield in recent years, and expect them to have problems here, as they are also likely to be missing players like Woodgate, Wilkinson and Shotton, which mean their depth will be really tested here. Liverpool to win well here, on the back of the euphoria of beating Man City, they will be looking to ensure they beat Stoke and gain another 3 points. Man Utd -2.5 @ 2.31 pinnacle Man Utd have lost their last 2 games, conceding 3 goals in each of them, but expect them to bounce back here after beating Man City in the FA Cup, and not wanting to lose 3 straight EPL games. Though Bolton have won successive games on the road, winning both games, at Everton and Blackburn 2-1, this is a much harder proposition for them. They have lost 3-0 at Tottenham, 3-0 at Arsenal and 3-1 at Liverpool, so they have lost quite heavily in the away games of the better sides, and they lost 5-0 at home to Man Utd earlier in the season. Man Utd's defence, though conceding goals, expect them to tighten up here, while Rooney and co should be able to tear apart this defence, as you would expect them to come out hard early on, and look to overcome any resistance that Bolton may provide. Tottenham -2.5 @ 2.85 bet365 Tottenham are flying and having disposed of Everton midweek, they are looking to continue their performance with another win here. Wolves have lost 6 and drawn 2 of their last 8 away games, and with losses like 4-1 at Man Utd, 3-0 at Chelsea, and 3-1 at Man City, they have been beaten quite comfortably by the better sides. Spurs have only conceded once in their last 6 home games, and doubt that they will have too many problems here, and as long as they can score early, then expect them to continue their very good form and adding a few more goals here. They beat Wolves 2-0 earlier in the season and 3-1 at home last year, and with Wolves in some dire form, then an easy Spurs win is likely West Brom - Norwich under 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle West Brom have not won in their last 3 games as they have been unable to score in either of them. Norwich have been conceding goals, but they have managed to allow no more than a goal in their last 2 games, which will give their own defence some cause for optimism that they are maybe looking at a clean sheet here. Though Norwich have been scoring goals as well, the fact that West Brom have allowed just two goals in these last 3 games, means their own chances of scoring are not that great. West Brom beat them 1-0 earlier in the season, and with neither side looking likely to win this, then believe that goals will be hard to come by. Season record: 90-105 (+14.59)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 14-16 January 3pts - Liverpool v Stoke - Under 2.5 goals. @ 1.96 on Betfair Liverpool have the joint 4th best home defence in the league, so far this season they've conceded 8 goals in 10 games and have only managed to score 14 goals (Less than Norwich). Average this out and it's a defensive record of 0.80 goals conceded and 1.40 scored, you can do the math! At home Liverpool have struggled to seal wins that clubs above have been winning. Out of 10 home games Liverpool have been involved in 3 games that have resulted in over 2.5 goals, an awful Bolton team, a not much better Wolves and a defensively weakened Newcastle that had also had a tough streak of games. Suarez is the hub of creativity for the Anfield club, he's banned and has been replaced by what can only be viewed as a player lumbered by a massively overpriced £35 million price tag. He has goals in him but so did Robbie Keane and that didn't work out even with all his experience. Against Man City during the Carling Cup, Liverpool were tight, had a solid set up and got men behind the ball at the earliest occasion, sure it leaves Carroll very much isolated but that is positive for this bet. Now for Stoke - A hard team to break down, well organised and know what they need to do in order to get a point or three away from home (won one less that Man City away this season). Stoke have scored 8 goals this year away from home which averages out at 0.8. The against column isn't so friendly for this bet, however when you look closer, you'll be able to see that 11 of these goals have come against Arsenal, Man City and the 5-0 thrashing at Bolton, which was probably a one off.) If you average out the remaining 9 goals over 7 games it gives you a much more respectable and for this upcoming game an accurate average of 1.57. 1.57 is fairly high but that does include a 4-0 beating by Sunderland early on in the season. If you look at Stoke's last 4 away games they've kept 1 clean sheet away at Everton and conceded 1 away Blackburn + Wolves and leaked 3 against Man City. This makes for a recent average of 1.25 Tony Pulis has shored up his defence in recent weeks and despite a few injury problems I believe this should be a closely run contest with only a few goals if that.

West Bromwich-Norwich AH+0' date=5 2 @1,85 4/10 188bet WBA bad at home, just 2-2-6 and 7:12 goals at home. WBA will miss defender Reid (1 goal), midfielder Gera and captain Brunt (1 goal). Furthermore defenders McAuley (1 goal) and Olsson (1 goal), winger Thomas (1 goal), midfielders Scharner (2 goals) and Morrison (2 goals) and striker Long (5 goals) are all doubts. Although I expect 2-3 players being available. Norwich will get back keeper Ruddy after he missed last week's Cup match because of the birth of his daugher. Defender de Laet (1 goals) and Ward and striker Vaughan will miss with injuries. Ward and Vaughan are long-term absentees. Those players scored 14 out of 19 goals so far. Norwich is able to take something. They concede in almost every match therefore I expect a 1-1 or 1-2. GL
I'll wait for the starting lineups as its unclear which of West Broms doubtful players will have the best chance to make it, but the +0.5 on Norwich is currently the only thing interesting me for today's games. I think all six doubts are important players for West Brom and would be sorely missed if unavailable, and with Reid and Brunt also out, all these losses could be a bit too much for Albion to cope with.

Moyes is a great manager, however over the last 3/4 seasons they have sold the family silver and theres nothing left but the dogs. Even Moyes cant polish a turd for ever! Villa are a team on a big decline A match to avoid from a betting percpective i would suggest. Better to save your money and bet on them to be relegated next season http://www.evertonfc.com/evertoninteractive/where-the-money-goes further reading