** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January

Tuesday 10 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Lazio v Hellas Verona (20:00 GMT) 1.54 4.4 8 100.16 %
Wednesday 11 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Udinese v Chievo (16:30 GMT) 1.65 3.9 6.8 100.95 %
maximize.gif AS Roma v Fiorentina (19:45 GMT) 1.84 3.65 5.1 101.35 %
Thursday 12 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Napoli v Cesena (20:00 GMT) 1.33 5.3 15 100.53 %

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January I'm a bit interested in Fiorentina in some respect. Delio Rossi has said he is taking the Coppa seriously and has named a strong squad. I'm not entirely sure how strong Roma will go in this match. I doubt there will be wholesale changes, but there could be something for Fiorentina in this match. More detailed news will be required.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January They have named a decent squad: PORTIERI: Bizzarri, Carrizo DIFENSORI: Biava, Cavanda, Diakitè, Dias, Garrido, Lulic, Radu, Zauri CENTROCAMPISTI: Del Nero, Gonzalez, Hernanes, Ledesma, Matuzalem ATTACCANTI: Cisse, Klose, Rocchi, Sculli In terms of line-up, Klose is strongly expected to start from the bench with Cisse and Rocchi up front. They are kind of limited in midfield so Ledesma, Matuzalem and Lulic will probably play behind Hernanes. Reja has said a lot about their 4-0 defeat to Siena and wants an immediate reaction. Hopefully that will translate into a strong XI being named.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Here is the Verona squad: Portieri: 43 Hu, 1 Rafael; Difensori: 13 Abbate, 5 Ceccarelli, 17 Mareco, 57 Natalino, 33 Pugliese, 25 Scaglia; Centrocampisti: 14 D'Alessandro, 20 Doninelli, 4 Esposito,16 Galli, 10 Hallfredsson, 19 Jorginho, 8 Russo, 77 Tachtsidis; Attaccanti: 27 Berrettoni, 32 Bjelanovic, 9 Ferrari, 6 Lepiller, 11 Pichlmann. I see that they are second in Serie B and on good form. I don't watch Serie B but I know some regular posters do. Could any shed some light on the strength of that squad and just how well they are playing at the moment?

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January

Event Lazio - Verona
Selection Lazio -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.73
Reasoning Lazio will face second division team to the national cup. Lazio failed 4-0 on Sunday when visited weak Siena that's why their coach will punish titular players and will throw all them into this clash. Although Verona keep good in seria B their big aim is to win promotion, now sits on the second place point behind leader Torino, but only point more than playoff zone. Verona will use reserve players today and this is the chance of Lazio to take this game and continue to the quarters. Lazio has good players, Klose will be in front of their offense, so if they can't beat second divisional team where are they going.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Thread was already open, anyway... this is probable line-ups... Lazio>> Carrizo, Cavanda, Diakite, Dias, Zauri (Radu), Gonzalez, Del Nero (Ledesma), Hernanes, Sculli (Lulic), Cisse, Rocchi Verona>> Rafael, Pugliese, Mareco, Ceccarelli (Abbate), Natalino, Halfresson, Esposito (Tatchidis), Russo, Jorginho (Galli), Bjelanović, Ferrari (Pichlmann)

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January No pre game bet for me here. Odds just to bad, so waiting to see what will happen on the pitch. @ultra - Verona had a pause as all Italian teams and barely won last game in league, better said scraped a win against Modena (19 out of 22 in Serie B), but all respect, Verona unbeaten in last 12, maged to kick out Parma from Cup.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Here's the teams; Lazio: Bizzarri, Cavanda, Diakitè, Dias, Lulic, Gonzalez, Ledesma, Sculli, Hernanes, Cisse, Rocchi. A disposizione: Carrizo, Biava, Zauri, Garrido, Matuzalem, Del Nero, Klose. All: Reja Hellas Verona: Rafael, Abbate, Ceccarelli, Mareco, Esposito, Pugliese, Russo, Galli, Hallfredsson, Lepiller, Bjelanovic. A disposizione: Hu, Scaglia, Jorginho, Tachtsidis, D'Alessandro, Berrettoni, Pichlmann. All: Mandorlini

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Well I was thinking unders if Hernanes didn't play as Lazio have zero creativity without him, but he is selected in what us otherwise a bit of a mixed selection from Reja. Verona I reckon will sit back for a fair chunk of the game and see if Lazio can break them down. It wont be easy i'm sure as Verona seem a decent enough team but if Lazio are patience and get Hernanes on the ball then they should be able to create something whether from open play or a set piece. They can also bring Klose and the returning Matuzalem on if need be, which are two excellent subs to have. So i'll be going for the Lazio win. Not the most exciting of bets but i've decided to take a few more safe bets this year as long as the odds seem decent, and these do for a top 6 Serie A team vs a Serie B team. Lazio to win - 1.57 at Bet365 (2.5 units)

Yeah' date=' it really is a poor game. I'm not too sure what they can do to substantially increase their creativity.[/quote'] change all their players for Barca players ,that might help :lol

Yeah' date=' it really is a poor game. I'm not too sure what they can do to substantially increase their creativity.[/quote'] one word answers this: Klose, not in terms of creativity but in terms of having ability to position himself and also to kick the ball in direction of opponents goal - Rocchi so far looking like Pro Lega striker. hoping for a scoreless 65 mins and the Klose substitution, odds should be fine then for a bet on Laziali

one word answers this: Klose, not in terms of creativity but in terms of having ability to position himself and also to kick the ball in direction of opponents goal - Rocchi so far looking like Pro Lega striker. hoping for a scoreless 65 mins and the Klose substitution, odds should be fine then for a bet on Laziali
totaly agreee with you. but now the scoreline is 1 - 0.... thoes are good news :)

Lazio to win - 1.57 at Bet365 (2.5 units)
;) Almost lived to regret that but a smashing freekick at the end saves the bet. +1.43 units. The two games tomorrow are certainly interesting ones. In the early kick off in Udine, both teams have named slighty under strength teams; Udinese have called up.... Handanovic, Padelli, Romo ; Basta, Danilo, Ekstrand, Fanchone, Ferronetti, Neuton, Pasquale, Pereyra.; Abdi, Doubai, Fernandes, Pinzi, Sissoko.; Di Natale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores, Torje. So no Isla, Armero and Dommizzi, or the three players called up to the forthcoming African Cup - Asamoah, Badu and Benatia Chievo have gone for….Puggioni, Squizzi, Coletta, Acerbi, Kirilov, Dramè, Frey, Mandelli, Morero, Sardo, Grippo, Gallozzi, Sammarco, Cruzado, Rigoni, Vacek, Moscardelli, Paloschi, Théréau, Grandolfo So for them there is no Sorrentino, Cesar, Jokic, Bradley, Hetemaj or Pellisier. Looking at the list of players left behind, I’m thinking that this could be a more open game, and like the recent league fixture between these two which ended 2-1, goals may be likely. Without Benatia, Dommizzi and Armero the Udinese defence is drastically weakened in my eyes, and that is compounded further by not having the excellent Asamoah and Isla who work hard in midfield to protect the defence behind them. Danilo, Ekstrand and Ferronetti are not the same defence that has been so lauded this season and could be susceptible in this match. The manager tried rotating the defence in the Europa League group stages last year but I wouldn’t say this is something that particularly worked. Cheivo are missing 5 or 6 core players, which should overall make them weaker as well. The most full strength area for Udinese is upfront were Adbi will break forward from midfield and support any two of the strikers. I do however suspect that Di Natalie will start from the bench and it’s hard to bet on goals in an Udinese game without him on the pitch. So with that in mind I will go for; Chievo to score over 0.5 goals 1.73 at Stan James (2 units) Even with the players they have missing I think Chievo will be able to put out a decent attacking line up (maybe Thereau, Paloschi and Moscerdelli all together), and a strong and experienced enough midfield (Sammarco, Rigoni, Vacek?) to compete here, and if they can do that they I fancy them to force something against a weakened Udinese. :hope

Event AS Roma - Fiorentina
Selection AS Roma
Strength 10/10
Date 11/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.83
Reasoning This is an Italian classic. Roma is motivated to play at home and with the chance of advancing to the semi finals and be closer to add a star to their symbol, mean of the tenth Coppa Italia won in his history. They also remind the last game they faced Fiorentina, in December, being clearly defeated by 3-0. It was in the worst period of Luis Enrique as Roma coach. It was also the last defeat of Roma, getting one draw and three wins since then. Fiorentina looks to this game as a must win game if they want tokeep chances of reaching a European place in the next season. They are also moralized after getting the first away win of the season in Serie A, after eight winless away games where they only scored one goal! The very poor away record of Fiorentina this season among the good moment of Roma, who comes from three consecutive wins in a row of four unbeaten games, among the desire of revenge after the heavy defeat in December, gives to Roma the favouritism, in their best moment this season.

;) Almost lived to regret that but a smashing freekick at the end saves the bet. +1.43 units. The two games tomorrow are certainly interesting ones. In the early kick off in Udine, both teams have named slighty under strength teams; Udinese have called up.... Handanovic, Padelli, Romo ; Basta, Danilo, Ekstrand, Fanchone, Ferronetti, Neuton, Pasquale, Pereyra.; Abdi, Doubai, Fernandes, Pinzi, Sissoko.; Di Natale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores, Torje. So no Isla, Armero and Dommizzi, or the three players called up to the forthcoming African Cup - Asamoah, Badu and Benatia Chievo have gone for….Puggioni, Squizzi, Coletta, Acerbi, Kirilov, Dramè, Frey, Mandelli, Morero, Sardo, Grippo, Gallozzi, Sammarco, Cruzado, Rigoni, Vacek, Moscardelli, Paloschi, Théréau, Grandolfo So for them there is no Sorrentino, Cesar, Jokic, Bradley, Hetemaj or Pellisier. Looking at the list of players left behind, I’m thinking that this could be a more open game, and like the recent league fixture between these two which ended 2-1, goals may be likely. Without Benatia, Dommizzi and Armero the Udinese defence is drastically weakened in my eyes, and that is compounded further by not having the excellent Asamoah and Isla who work hard in midfield to protect the defence behind them. Danilo, Ekstrand and Ferronetti are not the same defence that has been so lauded this season and could be susceptible in this match. The manager tried rotating the defence in the Europa League group stages last year but I wouldn’t say this is something that particularly worked. Cheivo are missing 5 or 6 core players, which should overall make them weaker as well. The most full strength area for Udinese is upfront were Adbi will break forward from midfield and support any two of the strikers. I do however suspect that Di Natalie will start from the bench and it’s hard to bet on goals in an Udinese game without him on the pitch. So with that in mind I will go for; Chievo to score over 0.5 goals 1.73 at Stan James Even with the players they have missing I think Chievo will be able to put out a decent attacking line up (maybe Thereau, Paloschi and Moscerdelli all together), and a strong and experienced enough midfield (Sammarco, Rigoni, Vacek?) to compete here, and if they can do that they I fancy them to force something against a weakened Udinese. :hope
I know you said Udinese defence will be weakened but do you think can still win....how important is this cup to them? thanks for early team info btw:clap

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Well despite the players out, I do feel that Udinese still have the advantage in terms of player quality and of course they are the home team and have a great record at the Stadio Friuli this season. Most of the players likely to start would have appeared in the Europa League this season so wont be completely out of touch and will understand the style that Guidolin asks of them, although it is worth noting that the Europa League results were hit and miss. Anyway I don't think odds are big enough to take Udinese on the outright, especially as it only covers 90 mins and it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest that this will go to extra time. In terms of importance of this competition, Guidolin has hardly been convincing in his desire to win, using terms such as 'we will try" and "we will do are best" rather than we "want" to win, and i'm sure that the league title / CL qualification remain by far the biggest aim this season. So it doesn't look like the manager is 100% committed to winning, which I guess is reflected in his squad selection but obviously this doesn't mean the players coming in won't give 100% themselves.

;) Almost lived to regret that but a smashing freekick at the end saves the bet. +1.43 units. The two games tomorrow are certainly interesting ones. In the early kick off in Udine, both teams have named slighty under strength teams; Udinese have called up.... Handanovic, Padelli, Romo ; Basta, Danilo, Ekstrand, Fanchone, Ferronetti, Neuton, Pasquale, Pereyra.; Abdi, Doubai, Fernandes, Pinzi, Sissoko.; Di Natale, Fabbrini, Floro Flores, Torje. So no Isla, Armero and Dommizzi, or the three players called up to the forthcoming African Cup - Asamoah, Badu and Benatia Chievo have gone for….Puggioni, Squizzi, Coletta, Acerbi, Kirilov, Dramè, Frey, Mandelli, Morero, Sardo, Grippo, Gallozzi, Sammarco, Cruzado, Rigoni, Vacek, Moscardelli, Paloschi, Théréau, Grandolfo So for them there is no Sorrentino, Cesar, Jokic, Bradley, Hetemaj or Pellisier. Looking at the list of players left behind, I’m thinking that this could be a more open game, and like the recent league fixture between these two which ended 2-1, goals may be likely. Without Benatia, Dommizzi and Armero the Udinese defence is drastically weakened in my eyes, and that is compounded further by not having the excellent Asamoah and Isla who work hard in midfield to protect the defence behind them. Danilo, Ekstrand and Ferronetti are not the same defence that has been so lauded this season and could be susceptible in this match. The manager tried rotating the defence in the Europa League group stages last year but I wouldn’t say this is something that particularly worked. Cheivo are missing 5 or 6 core players, which should overall make them weaker as well. The most full strength area for Udinese is upfront were Adbi will break forward from midfield and support any two of the strikers. I do however suspect that Di Natalie will start from the bench and it’s hard to bet on goals in an Udinese game without him on the pitch. So with that in mind I will go for; Chievo to score over 0.5 goals 1.73 at Stan James Even with the players they have missing I think Chievo will be able to put out a decent attacking line up (maybe Thereau, Paloschi and Moscerdelli all together), and a strong and experienced enough midfield (Sammarco, Rigoni, Vacek?) to compete here, and if they can do that they I fancy them to force something against a weakened Udinese. :hope
I was acutally going for the same bet as you.. And even over 2.5 goals in that game. The good thing about Coppa Italia is that the play is more lose and the teams most likely take the cup serious around semi-final. About the Roma game I dont know. Roma is a good Cup team and have one it 9 times.. They are home so they should pull a win tonight infront of their home crowd. And they have to, if you look at how much they lost against Viola in the Serie A coulpe weeks ago.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Here are the respective squads for Roma vs. Fiorentina: Roma: Borini, Caprari, Cicinho, Curci, Gago, Greco, Heinze, Juan, Kjaer, Bojan, Lamela, Lobont, Perrotta, Pjanic, Stekelenburg, Taddei, Totti, José Angel, Viviani Fiorentina: BEHRAMI, BORUC, CAMPORESE, CASSANI, CERCI, DE SILVESTRI, GAMBERINI, JOVETIC, LAZZARI, LJAJIC, MONTOLIVO, MUNARI, NASTASIC, NATALI, NETO, PASQUAL, PAZZAGLI, ROMULO,ROZZIO, SALIFU, VARGAS.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January My general opinion on Udinese-Chievo is that it is a tough game to call. Udinese's second string have failed to impress so far this year. A weakened Chievo is certainly an 'easier' opponent compared to the other teams they have been tested against. I'd wait to see who exactly gets the nod tonight because there are a few options. For example, I'd like to see Torje play with Floro Flores, but Fabbrini may get chosen. I had a 'gut' feeling for unders but I am leaving that alone. I will wait to see the starting XI and judge on any value there may or may not be on the home side. Roma-Fiorentina looks like it could be a good match. Both have said they will take this relatively seriously and I think goals may be the look. I think Roma will play a strong XI: Stek, Rosi, Kjaer/Juan, Heinze, Angel; Greco, DDR, Gago; Bojan, Totti, Lamela Borini could possibly come in for one of the strikers. Fiorentina have adopted a new 3-5-2 formation and should name a strong XI as well. Boruc; Gamberini, Natali, Nastasic; Cassani, Lazzari, Montolivo, Munari/Salifu, Vargas; Ljajic/Cerci, Jovetic That's a probable XI IMO. Both have attacking ability on display. If they line up similar to above then I'll take goals (currently 2.00). I'll wait until officially named though. EDIT - just realised DDR is not in the squad. Viviani probably replaces him.

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Roma - Fiorentina First of all, its a cup game so surprises can happen, secondly Rossi managed a great run last season in Italian cup with Palermo and reach the finals. So no worries that he will not care for the cup game. It is only one game played and surely anything can happen. Secondly, from what we know, LE would not surprise if he will put Perotta on left back position (and similar things...) as i expect that he will again reshuffle the team completely, put Totti on the bench and play probably Bojan - Lamela and i guess Borini in attack, and that only means "as toothless as it gets". De Rossi out means a huge hole in midf, especialy as LE loves to attack with 6 or so players and DDR was/is crucial for them in that position (probably same as was Melo for Fiore few season ago). Viola meanwhile changed tactics to 3-5-2 and it worked wonders on artificial pitch in Novara, team is strong today, i reckon not many changes will be made and on their given day, Fiore can be tough nut to crack. All in all i see this one more balanced as books suggest, Roma without real striker in team, question is the will to progress in Cup as the main focus for Roma is CL football and revenue that it brings - Fiore catching probably last train for Euro football. Odds are surely valuable. Fiorentina dnb @3.50 Paddy

Re: Italy - Coppa Italia - 10-12 January Roma - Fiorentina Roma will face Fiorentina at home for the Cup tonight. All 3 matches till now finished overs, as there is only one leg and the away sides are searching goals, instead of parking the bus. Roma will be with Bojan, Totti and Lamela upfront. They got 3 straight wins, all of them with 2 or more goals maring. This sesaon Fiore won at home with 3:0 in league game, where Roma got 3 red cards. 5 of their last 6 meetings finished overs and I expect another goal festival tonight. Fire won with 0:3 away from home over Novara, where Jovetic scored twice and showed his great form and skills again. Head-to-head: AS Roma - Fiorentina Fiorentina AS Roma 3:0 04.12.2011 Fiorentina AS Roma 2:2 20.03.2011 AS Roma Fiorentina 3:2 10.11.2010 Fiorentina AS Roma 0:1 07.02.2010 AS Roma Fiorentina 3:1 20.09.2009 Fiorentina AS Roma 4:1 25.04.2009 O 3.5 goals 3.80 @ Sportingbet