** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker: 2012 Masters

kevshat

Re: Snooker: 2012 Masters Truly top class performance from Murphy last night. That Higgins came within a whisker of forcing a decider is testament to what an amazing match player he is, but no doubt that Shaun played the better snooker and deserved his win. All of which leaves me with a total profit of 4.44 points going into the final. 3pts - Highest break in match: S Murphy @ 1.91 with Betfair I really can't call a winner in this match. Murphy definitely seems to be in better form this week (I don't think Robertson has played close to his best so far), but so was Judd Trump and the Aussie took him apart with a clinical performance. Looking back through the stats, Murphy has made 5 century breaks this week (including a 139 and a 122) to Robbo's 3 (119 being the highest). This backs up my feeling that Murphy is cueing the ball just that bit better and scoring more heavily than his opponent when amongst the balls. So, with that in mind, I'm happy to take a punt on Shaun to hit the highest break of the final at a touch under evens. Good luck to Fader who has Murphy at 16/1 on the outright. :hope

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Snooker: 2012 Masters

2pts Shaun Murphy to win The Masters 16/1 Bodog Beat Selby 3-0 in the champs qualifier. May not be a big tournament or priority for these guys, but that's still some serious form. Done well in the PDC event and I think for 16/1 that's got to be some value there. Would need to beat Gould and then Selby and has already shown he can do that.
Nice pick, good luck! Though I personally have gone for a small punt on Robertson! But not enough reasons to post on here to convince anybody! Should be a nice tight final, though nothing has been that tight this week with no deciding frames and im going to leave the overs alone for this one, as its turning out to be abit of a mug punt.

Re: Snooker: 2012 Masters Good luck Fader :hope. 3 for me in this final. 4pts S.Murphy to beat N.Robertson 11/10 Bet365 6pts Over 16.5 frames 10/11 Sportingbet 3pts S.Murphy Over 1.5 centuries 7/4 Paddy Power I really think this will be a terrific final, worthy of the quality of this fantastic event. Both men have been the best two players this week and it isn't always the case that we have the best two men of the tournament in the final but here we do. Both are cueing well, both are scoring well and this has all the makings of a really close final and I don't see it being won any easier than 10-6. Both men have experience in the big finals and have won them so nerves won't be an issue. It's one of those finals which has every chance of being 4-4 at half time and then 10-8 or 10-9 when it's finished. I just favour Shaun Murphy today. For me he's been the best player this week and his 5 centuries and countless other high breaks have shown that. His tactical game is strong but he's found the balance between safety and attack very well, that ridiculous last red against Higgins last night aside :lol. Robertson has an incredible record in finals but I sense that could come to an end today because when Murphy cues this well he's insanely tough to beat. He's had a tough route to the final having to beat Selby and Higgins but he's brushed both aside with a flurry of big breaks and I see another couple of tons in him throughout today. This will be tight, I'm sure of that but I'll just take Murphy who is cueing fantastic under pressure to sneak it.

Re: Snooker: 2012 Masters

3pts - Highest break in match: S Murphy @ 1.91 with Betfair
Murphy makes a 102 in frame 3, so Robbo knocks in a 103 in frame 4 - sums up the week really. :lol Finished with a massive 1.44 point profit, which is at least a huge improvement on last year. Hard luck with the outright Fader.Murphy just wasn't at the races today sadly. Good to see the snooker threads so busy though. :ok