** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Espanyol vs Barcelona Theres no doubt of the abilities of Barcelona and how important this 3 points is. However, Barcelonas away form have been really poor this season. Theyve only scored 11 and conceaded 8, which is terrible compared to their home form of score 39 conceade 0. Espanyol are nicely in the top half of the table, but have been tight at home, scoring 9 and conceading 9, thus suggesting a tight affair between these two, of perhaps a 2 - 0 or 3 - 0 Barcelona win. I really dont see espanyol scoring. Barcelona will have alot of the ball and are very organised. Espanyol will probably create some half chances, but it will take some real quality to get past Barcelona. However Barcelona win to Nil seems too "fragile" of a bet to consider, as all shorts of shit can happen in this game, so im going to go for: Under 3.25 Goals 1.80 5/10

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January

Betis - Sporting Gijon Pick: Sporting Gijon Individual Total Corners Over 4.5 @ 1.72 10/10 Bet365 * Gijon away from 7 games in 5 of them got min. 5 corners (5/7) * Betis at home in 7 games allowed theyr opponents to get at least 5 corners in 5 of them (5/7) Gijon are going to chase tonight.. posted on the systems thread, no reccomendation here: a play.
Fcking referee, all was allright, Gijon got 3 corners in the first 33 minutes then the ref Javier Estrada Fernandez put them to respect: red card min 43. After that not a single corner for Gijon! 5-3 FT Yellow Cards: 1-6, Red: 0-2 / Javier Estrada Fernandez :moon

Espanyol vs Barcelona Under 3.25 Goals 1.80 5/10 :)
Well, this one came in easily in the end, though really there could have been 3 goals in the first half on how open it was! Glad I didnt go for barcelona handicaps or win to nil, as it rightly seemed too "fragile" of a bet.

Barcelona XI; Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi, Alexis. Should be a romp for Barca, regardless of it being a derby.
I saw the last 20 minutes of this game. Barcelona were clearly the better side, and were leading 1-0. But perhaps arrogance cost them - maybe they think 1-0 is enough - and that's dangerous against any decent team. Espanyol equalised a few minutes from the end. After that, Barcelona really went for the win, and I was sure they were going to score. I think they hit the post, had shots cleared by defenders, and perhaps they should have had a penalty.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Regarding Barcelona game it's just have to be said that Barca has motivational problems. They won so much in recent years so they are quite relaxed in so called "lesser" games against not so "attractive" opponents and seem to raise their standards whenever they're playing "good" team. They were fired up for Real Madrid game and we know how it was finished, they were fired up for Club World Championships and the won it with ease, so the class is still pretty much there, it's just about motivation for them. I think this year La Liga goes to Real Madrid and we will see "normal" Barcelona in Champions League.