** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January

Saturday 7 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Levante UD v Real Mallorca (17:00 GMT) 2.06 3.55 4.2 100.52 %
maximize.gif Racing Santander v Real Zaragoza (17:00 GMT) 2.12 3.4 4.15 100.68 %
maximize.gif Real Sociedad v Osasuna (17:00 GMT) 2.34 3.35 3.45 101.57 %
maximize.gif Real Madrid v Granada CF (19:00 GMT) 1.08 19 34 100.80 %
maximize.gif Málaga v Atlético Madrid (21:00 GMT) 2.3 3.45 3.5 101.04 %
Sunday 8 January 2012 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rayo Vallecano v Sevilla (11:00 GMT) 3.3 3.4 2.4 101.38 %
maximize.gif Getafe v Athletic Bilbao (15:00 GMT) 2.7 3.4 2.9 100.93 %
maximize.gif Villarreal v Valencia (17:00 GMT) 3.25 3.45 2.4 101.42 %
maximize.gif Real Betis v Real Sporting de Gijon (18:45 GMT) 2 3.5 4.6 100.31 %
maximize.gif Espanyol v FC Barcelona (20:30 GMT) 16 7 1.25 100.54 %

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Granada with a decent handicap look a good bet (+3 AH at 2.00). Real Madrid always start the season alittle sloppily - the Malaga game is an example of that. Granada are a good defensive team who play well against the big sides - only losing 1-0 to barca despite going down to 9 men. I expect Real to win but at such short odds and taking into account their form after the xmas break there is definitely value in Granada.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January After Tuesdays awful first half performance against Malaga were Real went 0-2 down and Jose had to make 3 changes in order for Madrid to get playing in this match and end up winning it, I reckon he will ask a lot more from his team in the first half of this game just to put things straight again.Granda have been doing quite well for a team who has just come up and have only been heavily beaten once this season, 4-0 by Malaga, but im sure Madrid will come flying out of the traps on saturday night and a bet I fancy is; First Half Handicap - Real Madrid (-1.0) Evens @ Paddys Best O Luck

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January The most interesting game for me is Sociedad-Osasuna. At the start of the season, I wrote that I expect a good-organised Osasuna, a team that will surely stay in this league one more year. Normally, I still have this opinion. Their form at home is great, but I think it will be too much for them to collect many points on the road as well. The focus is surely on the home games. On the other hand, Sociedad is a team with nice offensive potential and a team that usually plays good at home. They will have to put pressure on their opponents at home if they want to stay in the league. They had a good game midweek in the cup which will surely raise their ambitions and self-confidence. With the likes of Griezman, Agirretxe, Prieto and Aranburu and the rock-steady Bravo at the goal, I really cannot see other result than a home win. Sociedad HW @2,35 and Sociedad HW&over 2,5 @4,1

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Betis - Sporting Gijon
Selection Betis
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.91
Reasoning Betis is having really strange season so far. The team started with four wins in a row, but then the nightmare begin. Pepe Mel's side won just one points in their next ten games and was playing awful. This awful run finished with a 2:1 win against Valencia (two goals in injury time by Ruben). A week later Betis won 2:0 against Atletico in Madrid, so that should mean that the good run is back again. Pepe Mel will be without Antonio Amaya, Vadillo and Pozuelo, who was sent off in the last game against in Madrid. Sporting Gijon in in the relegation zone with just four wins in sixteen games (4-3-9). Between October and November the team showed some improvement and made good results, but since the start of the last month of the year Sporting lost three times in four games. Gijon is playing bad away from home, but strangely they won two games in a row as visitors at the end of 2011 (one for Primera and one for the cup). Betis ended 2011 with a style and will for sure make everything they can to start the new year with the same results. The team won six points against teams like Valencia and Atletico, which is quite an achievement. Betis have great h2h stats against Sporting over the years (9-1-2). The team also have five wins in a row against this opponent.

The most interesting game for me is Sociedad-Osasuna. At the start of the season, I wrote that I expect a good-organised Osasuna, a team that will surely stay in this league one more year. Normally, I still have this opinion. Their form at home is great, but I think it will be too much for them to collect many points on the road as well. The focus is surely on the home games. On the other hand, Sociedad is a team with nice offensive potential and a team that usually plays good at home. They will have to put pressure on their opponents at home if they want to stay in the league. They had a good game midweek in the cup which will surely raise their ambitions and self-confidence. With the likes of Griezman, Agirretxe, Prieto and Aranburu and the rock-steady Bravo at the goal, I really cannot see other result than a home win. Sociedad HW @2,35 and Sociedad HW&over 2,5 @4,1
Derby of Basque clubs which are located only about 60 km, as a rule, home team have a great advantage in such matches. Sociedad have experienced Llorente who is fully fit again, young & fast Vela and Agirretxe who has just extended his contract with the club. That's a few very good strikers for home side and threat for away team. They will be without Raul Garcia (4g and 4 ass) who is imo their best player. Some other players are in doubt, so I agree that home win looks attractive. :cigar

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Real Madrid - Granada
Selection Granada +3 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.01
Reasoning Real Madrid have administered some severe thrashings at home to teams like Osasuna(who always get a lot of goals from the big teams) , Betis, Villareal, Atl Madrid(with red card for Atl), all of them teams that are very poor away from home. Granada are the type of team that doesn't get many. They defend well and they probably won't get more than 2 goals in this one. I have covered the 3-0 too with the +3 AH option, so I think I'm safe. I am actually guessing a 1-0 correct score here, cause Granada only lost at home 1-0 against Barcelona, 1-0 at Valencia. They have only 10 goals conceded in 7 away games played and they are defending well against the big teams. More than that, betting against the big teams(Real, Barca) always provides value, because they are extremely overrated and lots of bettors bet on them just because of the name. Lots of bettors also underestimate Granada at this moment and they might regret it.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Malaga - Atl Madrid
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 07/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.91
Reasoning I feel this game as an 3-2 or something like that. Both teams have many goals scored and Atletico Madrid have changed the coach, which means they should start scoring more away from home too. Last 3 games by Atl Madrid away: 4-1 defeat at Real Madrid, 3-2 defeat at Getafe and 4-2 defeat at Espanyol. Malaga at home scored 13 and conceded 9 in 7 matches, an average of over 3 goals/match. Now, to me, over 2.5 looks like great value. Another good option you should try is both teams to score with odds bigger than 1.7 at about any bookie. Both teams will be looking to win this one(Atletico cause they're in a lower position than expected and Malaga cause they play at home and they are looking to win most of their home games), so it will be an interesting match, fun to watch. You could also try the over 4.5 option odds around 7 at UNibet and Sportingbet.

Sport Football (Spain)
Event Rayo Vallecano - Sevilla
Selection under 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.75
Reasoning Rayo Vallecano are going through a poor form at the moment. There's no way I can see them score more than a goal against Sevilla in this one after 4 consecutive defeats last of them pretty conclusive for their current value(1-3 against Gijon). Sevilla have the worst attack in away games, but also the best defense, with 3 goals scored and 3 goals conceded in 7 away matches played. THey only lost recently 1-0 to Levante and got a 0-0 draw at Barcelona and a 0-0 draw to Atletico Madrid so their defense in away games is really impressive. I don't think they will concede against the worst home team in Primera, Rayo Vallecano. I think the score will be 0-1 0-2 or if Sevilla won't feel like winning(don't have enough motivation or something) it should settle for a 0-0 draw. Anyway, I see Rayo Vallecano not scoring into this one and proobably losing.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January I m going to go for the same bet as artist, malaga-atleti over 2.5 @ 1.87 (Bwin) for the exact same reasons. Malaga concede a lot, shown by 3 goals in 10 mins against real, and atleti have been involved into high scoring games lately, have a good strikeforce and the new coach can inject some ideas in the side. GL everyone.

Derby of Basque clubs which are located only about 60 km' date=' as a rule, home team have a great advantage in such matches. Sociedad have experienced Llorente who is fully fit again, young & fast Vela and Agirretxe who has just extended his contract with the club. That's a few very good strikers for home side and threat for away team. They will be without Raul Garcia (4g and 4 ass) who is imo their best player. Some other players are in doubt, so I agree that home win looks attractive. :cigar[/quote'] shot on goal 8-1 corners 12-5 Sociedad v Osasuna 0:0

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Tip for you guys for the rest of the season. Atletico under Simeone should be very much an under 2.5 goals team. His Racing Club were extremely organised, efficient and industrious, and most of their games were under 2.5 goal affairs. Should be a similar story with Atletico. :ok

Event Rayo Vallecano - Sevilla
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 2.20
Reasoning Rayo Vallecano after good start lost last four Primera Division games, now they are sitting on the 17th place with one point more than relegation zone. Rayo Vallecano did not played midweek game for the cup because they were eliminated at the end of December by Santander 3-2 away loss, 4-3 home win worst goal spread on road. However Rayo Vallecano succeed to score at least one goal in four of last five games, recording five over 3.5 in a row, because of their poor defense. On the othe hand Sevilla is in better fit now, they will seek to the three points because of the Rayo poor fit. Navas, Negredo, Canute are dangerous offensive players sure it will be easy for them to score against defense who allowed at least three goals in past five games. However I don't think Rayo Vallecano will give up so easy they defeat teams like strong Malaga 2-0 earlier in the season at home so picking over is good choice here.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Sport Football (Spain) Event Rayo vs Sevilla Selection Sevilla Strength 10/10 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.74 Reasoning Jose Antonio Reyes is back in Sevilla, he will make his debut against Rayo and in my opinion this player will give a boost to the team, making them more dangerous in attack. Sevilla is decent in defense and in the last 5 matches away they have conceeded only one goal. If they stay serious in defense and Negredo and Perotti have a good day then this match should give 3 points to visitants.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Sport Football (Spain) Event Espanyol vs Barcelona Selection Barcelona -1,5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 08/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.62 Reasoning Odds are not a bargain but I think barcelona will hit this by 2 or more. This week they played against Osasuna and scored 4 without conceeding a goal, Messi was supossed to be out but it was a lie. He came out and scored 2. He looked in form, sometimes you see Messi trying things but not making the difference but against Osasuna he looked rested and in form. Every ball he touch created some danger. Espanyol is decent team but they lost quite key players like Callejon this summer and I thin they will loose this one by 2 at least.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Sport Football (Spain) Event Villareal vs Valencia Selection Valencia Strength 10/10 Date 08/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.52 Reasoning Derby of Comunidad Valenciana. Both teams are in difrente moments of form, Valencia is the best squad in Primera after Barcelona and Madrid and they deserve the 3rd position. They are playing nicely, they sell every year key players and next year they are again in the battle. Villareal has god lot of injuries this year and bad results made a change in MAnager position, now Molina is the coach and Molina has no experience, his first time in the bench is in a derby and I think Valencia is a step ahead and they should have more chances to take the 3 points.

Event Espanyol - Barcelona
Selection Barcelona -2.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.75
Reasoning This will be another David and Goliat battle because this is local derby so away team FC Barcelona also will play in Barcelona. As we know Barcelona hold 8-1-0 record when playing in Barcelona at Camp Nou with goal difference 39-0, if I exclude the draw with Sevilla, Barcelona score average almost by four goals per home match and did not allowed any one for nine games. Barcelona will be without Villa but they has other good attackers in the squad like Fabregas, Sanches, Pedro. Barcelona won six of last seven games with four or more goals they other game finished 1-3 another win but in Madrid against big rival Real. Past season Barcelona won 1-5 here at the Estadi Cornella-El Prat now they are in great fit and I think nothing can strop Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Getafe - Bilbao: Draw @ 3.30 (Bet365) 10/10 Quality wise I don't think there is much of a difference between the teams and this is reflected in their performance thus far. Getafe is in 12th place with 19 points whereas Bilbao is in 9th place with 22 points. Over the last 8 matches Getfae's form is 4-1-3 while Bilbao's is 3-4-1. The hosts have a decent 4-3-1 record at home that indicates they are difficult to defeat at home. Bilbao's away record (2-3-2) also indicate that the guests are tough to defeat in their away encounters. Bilbao hasn't won at Getafe in H2H but has registered 3/7 draws. The match looks balanced and recommends the draw as a value bet. Villarreal - Valencia: Villarreal @ 3.40 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 I think the odds underestimate Villarreal's roster quality and home advantage in this match. Yes, the hosts have been struggling and sit in 18th place (relegation zone) with 15 points, but their home record (3-3-1) indicates that they are tough to defeat at home. Villarreal's current poor standing emanates from the string of injuries that hit the team early in the season where the team also had CL matches to play. Villarreal has changed coach and the holiday break should have refreshed them. The host team has quality and should not be in the relegation zone and will be seriously looking for points here. Valencia is, no doubt, a good team. However, they have a terrible H2H record at Villarreal (1-1-6) and are coming into this match right after a hard mid-week cup match against Seville (they won). In the end, Villarreal's need for points combined with their quality and the H2H makes the odds attractive for this bet.

Event Getafe - Ath Bilbao
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.26
Reasoning Getafe is going today after three win in last four games including 1-0 over the best team in the world Barcelona who was with their big stars there. Getafe defeat also Athletico Madrid after trailing 0-1 with ten man, they succeed to take this home game 3-2. Getafe recorded three over in last five games. On the other hand Ath Bilbao also showed they are good team after took a point of Barcelona 2-2 draw with goal by David Villa in 90+3 min. Bilbao recorded two over in last four games including 4-2 loss in Paris against PSG for Europe League. Llorente is back in the squad after injury he is Bilbao's big star in offense and I think that will give good opportunities over goal to the away side today. The last three games between finished over 2.5, including 2-2 draw at Coliseum Alfonso Perez past year.

Getafe - Bilbao: Draw @ 3.30 (Bet365) 10/10 Quality wise I don't think there is much of a difference between the teams and this is reflected in their performance thus far. Getafe is in 12th place with 19 points whereas Bilbao is in 9th place with 22 points. Over the last 8 matches Getfae's form is 4-1-3 while Bilbao's is 3-4-1. The hosts have a decent 4-3-1 record at home that indicates they are difficult to defeat at home. Bilbao's away record (2-3-2) also indicate that the guests are tough to defeat in their away encounters. Bilbao hasn't won at Getafe in H2H but has registered 3/7 draws. The match looks balanced and recommends the draw as a value bet. Villarreal - Valencia: Villarreal @ 3.40 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 I think the odds underestimate Villarreal's roster quality and home advantage in this match. Yes, the hosts have been struggling and sit in 18th place (relegation zone) with 15 points, but their home record (3-3-1) indicates that they are tough to defeat at home. Villarreal's current poor standing emanates from the string of injuries that hit the team early in the season where the team also had CL matches to play. Villarreal has changed coach and the holiday break should have refreshed them. The host team has quality and should not be in the relegation zone and will be seriously looking for points here. Valencia is, no doubt, a good team. However, they have a terrible H2H record at Villarreal (1-1-6) and are coming into this match right after a hard mid-week cup match against Seville (they won). In the end, Villarreal's need for points combined with their quality and the H2H makes the odds attractive for this bet.
Getafe AH 0 Villareal +0.5 Gijon to score total odds over 5 I think, don't have the time now to study them, Getafe won at home against Barcelona, Atletico with 10 men only and they will have 3 away enocounters next so they need to get the 3 points here, but Bilbao aren't poor at all so they could geta draw. BOth teams could score and the score could be 2-1 exactly. Villareal with a new boss, they do have Cani, Senna and Nilmar and only missing Rossi so they could get at least a point ... very underrated considering the H2H. Gijon scored and played well to all teams that were not out of their league like Real Madrid.

Event Villarreal - Valencia
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.14
Reasoning Villarreal is going today with new coach. Molino who replaced Juan Garriado will lead for the first time any team who is playing for Primera Division. The youngest coach in Primera has tough aim to secure Villarreal La Liga spot after "yellow submarine" sits in relegation zone now. Villarreal has big problems in the squad with injuries of seven titular players now most of them are back in the squad, Zapata, Cani, Nilmar will be playing today. Villarreal recorded four under in a row but now they have new coach who will depends on his best players only Rossi is still injured. On the other hand Valencia recorded three over in last four games, the under came against third division team when they played with youngsters. Soldado is very dangerous he is the best scorer at La Liga excluding Real Madrid and Barcelona players with his 11 goals so far in the season. The last two encounters between finished with very big results five goals and six goals.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Espanyol vs Barcelona Local derby of Barcelona, never been hot as it is Real vs Atletico. Barca needs a win here and should get it! Problem is by how many? I think -2 AH is a good bet cause Barcelona managed to score 4 in last 4 games and showed great control of the game. But I think over 3 goals is a safer bet! Espanyol managed to score in every of their last 6 home games, expect the one away to Celta Vigo, in the CUp. They also conceded in every game except that one. Barca need no presentation, despite the fact they have no goals conceded in 7 of the last 8 games. over 3 goals @ 1.90 with 188bet Villareal vs Valencia Home side has a good record against Valencia with 8 wins, 4 draws and 3 defeats. They will be lead by coach Molino who replaced Juan Garrido and they had plaenty of time to realizekhow bad the situation is. 18th spotted with 15 points, the Yellow Submarine will fight like mads having back all the players except Rossi. Expect some great matches from now on for them and a good opposition here against Valencia! home 0 AH @ 2.35 with 188bet

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Betis - Sporting Gijon Pick: Sporting Gijon Individual Total Corners Over 4.5 @ 1.72 10/10 Bet365 * Gijon away from 7 games in 5 of them got min. 5 corners (5/7) * Betis at home in 7 games allowed theyr opponents to get at least 5 corners in 5 of them (5/7) Gijon are going to chase tonight.. posted on the systems thread, no reccomendation here: a play.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 7-8 January Well Espanyol and Barcelona i can se it going like this... First half Espanyol with more corners. That is because of barcelona players going through the middle always. They are ignoring the centering from the wing, and they take the ball through the middle again... they are always doing it like that... while Espanyol, they will take any chance possible, so centering, crosses, any chance will be taken for sure! That;s why i play that bet.

Event Villarreal - Valencia
Selection over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 08/01/2012
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.14
Reasoning Villarreal is going today with new coach. Molino who replaced Juan Garriado will lead for the first time any team who is playing for Primera Division. The youngest coach in Primera has tough aim to secure Villarreal La Liga spot after "yellow submarine" sits in relegation zone now. Villarreal has big problems in the squad with injuries of seven titular players now most of them are back in the squad, Zapata, Cani, Nilmar will be playing today. Villarreal recorded four under in a row but now they have new coach who will depends on his best players only Rossi is still injured. On the other hand Valencia recorded three over in last four games, the under came against third division team when they played with youngsters. Soldado is very dangerous he is the best scorer at La Liga excluding Real Madrid and Barcelona players with his 11 goals so far in the season. The last two encounters between finished with very big results five goals and six goals.
I saw the last 20 minutes of this game, and was impressed with Villarreal. They look a different team to the one I watched earlier this season. Perhaps their form will turn around under this new manager.